Toronto Pride once again allows perverts to expose genitalia in front of children

West

1 minute ago, Venandi said:

1. It would have been nice to hear those seeking tolerance and goodwill (freely given BTW) to have said that up front.

2. It pretty much accounts for those feelings of betrayal and the new found desire to crush this underfoot. 

3. The tactical failure here is that avoiding that sentiment was as easy as reflecting the same tolerance and goodwill requested of others. 

1. They don't think that.  Like I said, clean up your own tribe.

2. Only your identity is being crushed ... In the public domain.  But that's enough to bother anyone.

3. There's no way to limit public morality on any side right now.  There's no common centre.  Can't you see this?

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. They don't think that.  Like I said, clean up your own tribe.

No other tribe is forcing their s--- down my throat with a funnel, if/when they do it will be time for another cleanup crew.

Easy eh?

2. Only your identity is being crushed ... In the public domain.  But that's enough to bother anyone.

Might be more me's out there than you think, I sure hope so.

France is on the verge of a hard right turn, I'm now up for that too and I fear the conservatives aren't going to be conservative enough. Woke has become a four letter word, and the purveyors of it are on the verge of political collapse. Hoping for that to come about is a major change of heart for me, it took a lot of effort to force that change and I still think it was a tactical blunder when all it took to avoid it was nothing.  

There's no common centre.  Can't you see this?

Yes, I can see that. In fact it explains my change of heart.

In the absence of a common centre with reasonable parameters (key word being REASONABLE) only voting em down and sending em packing is likely to halt the current levels of stratospheric lunacy. It's a shame to see democracy weaponized and it didn't have to be that way either, but I see no other way to halt the madness.  

As an aside, I also recognize the down side of that and normally would call it a bad idea, it's why reasonable parameters, tolerance and goodwill are so important. When you see the absence of these values (as you do here) it causes people to fear the outcome of elections that go against them.

That fear, in and of itself is bad for democracy IMO. It serves as an inducement to strife, lasting resentments and I would argue that it's relatively easy to avoid simply by returning  tolerance and goodwill in like manner. 

Edited by Venandi
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Venandi said:

No other tribe is forcing their s

This is the game folks play. 

He did this in another thread last week where it was a scantly clad dude/woman at a Draq show with boobs out and a G-string with money hanging out of it with a child. 

They can't condemn the easily condemnable, so they obfuscate instead. 

20 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The hate crime law. This law should extend to everyone as long as hate is involved regardless of orientation or race. If there is a fight between a straight and gay man or white and black, or a Christian and a Muslim or a man and a woman who do you think is more likely to be charged and condemned in the court? 

The straight guy. The white guy. The Christian guy. The man guy. But we all know that by now, right? 🤔

On 6/30/2024 at 11:08 AM, West said:

Disgusting

Disgusting indeed. How can these sick pathetic gay perverts get away with what they do is incredible. There is no need for those creeps to be walking around in a parade balls naked. This just shows us all as to how Canada has become and devolved into look that day and was unable to attend, if you get my drift. Just saying. 😁

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I call noise.

Noise is rather one sided. Push, is where when there is push back, I lose quite a bit in return, so am best complying or being quiet.

Or if you prefer political correctness, they don't push, but rather forcibly guide us using serious consequences for dissent.

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

So we can focus on making things better for individuals and families.

You can't do so while having the squeaky wheels using kids, financial pressure along with social pressure to silence dissenting views.

This isn't freedom, and people will voice their anger via their votes and in means that will not get them punished. They will grow louder by the minute.

44 minutes ago, herbie said:

Ya didn't go to it, ya didn't take your kids.
Shuddup.

Ya got the right to gripe about what other people do but not the right to stop them.

Meanwhile... in the other thread you just said kids reading the Bible in class should be stopped. 

So which is it, do we need to "shuddup" or to we have the right to gripe?

Seriously... in Canada and in America, we have all sorts of laws, rules, and regulations around what children can and can't be exposed to as well as public decency laws. 

3 hours ago, herbie said:

Shuddup.

Not going to happen.... major tactical blunder.

That level of arrogance only fuels resolve, it's exactly the attitude that spawns unapologetic opposition. It's something akin to rubbing smelly cheese in the faces of those who previously supported you and expecting that support to continue after you do it. 

3 hours ago, herbie said:

Ya got the right to gripe about what other people do but not the right to stop them.

Had you convinced your own "tribe" of that all would have been well.

IMO, the very deal you previously had (with my blessings) will become the one you wish to have again. You'll ask for tolerance, goodwill, understanding and compassion. The very values that breathed life into your cause... the same ones you seek to deny those who assisted in your effort.

This time, be assured that I won't be signing your petition. How does this qualify as a win?  Do you honestly believe that snappy comebacks and quick retorts like "shuddup" increase the value of your stock?

Edited by Venandi

23 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Don't worry, the Palestinians shut it all down and ordered them all to go home. LOL. So much planning, 200 different groups marching, 200,000 marchers in all, 2.4 million spectators, and whoops, 20 Palestinians said no! And because the left considers them as being higher on the victim hierarchy than gays and lesbians the latter folded like a cheap tent and gave up halfway through the parade route. They wouldn't dare lay a hand on them, push them out of the way, or even call the cops to do it. LOLOL

Pride? What's there to be proud of having no spines? 

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/showing-pride-thousands-gather-in-toronto-for-annual-pride-parade

Have Palestinians done anything to make society better in North America, since first coming over here? It's an honest question, as they are arguably the most toxic people in the World. We should have never allowed Palestinians anywhere near Canada, and if Trudeau admits thousands of them, as the plan is right now, I will not be voting for him.

Don't give a shit if I come off arrogant. No religion in schools and you're free not to do what you don't believe in.
No Christian shit in Public schools. Kids are there to broaden their minds not narrow them.
Pay for Catholic, or Sikh or Islamic schools if you think dogma is more important.

And don't go to Pride events if you hate queers.

Edited by herbie

6 hours ago, herbie said:

Don't give a shit if I come off arrogant

Clearly...

Pay for Catholic, or Sikh or Islamic schools if you think dogma is more important.

Yes, some grandparents are out of retirement and back to work to help pay for that. Other people are home schooling and/or forming home schooling cooperatives with retired teachers and provincial curriculum. Sarcastically characterizing their motivations for doing that as "dogma" only confirms it as a good option. It's a declaration of intent and it shows that there's no sense in even discussing this with you.

But... what if that trend grows and more people vote with their feet, what if public school attendance drops below a sustainability threshold and becomes threatened as a result of it?

If that happens I bet you'll be back here demanding draconian taxes on the very people you now suggest should (and do) pay their own way.

You can even take this a step further and look at the exodus from places like California. Some previously thriving, safe and prosperous communities no longer qualify as such and people (businesses too) are leaving because of it. On the plus side, housing becomes cheaper, how about you go live there.... see I can do it too. 

Equating nonattendance with hatred is as weak as it is a foolish.  If that's all you've got nothing I say will resonate with you and nothing I support on your behalf will ever be enough. That's why people are building fences and demanding to be left alone on their own side of it.

That's not good BTW, forcing people to vote with their feet may actually come back to bite the "if you don't like it leave" crowd... especially if more people than you think decide to actually do it. I'm guessing some communities in California are (or soon will be) a bit alarmed by the exodus.

I didn't bother to look up stats but my guess is that gated communities with private policing and private schools will soon become more attractive to people (dare I say like me) who never thought they would even consider it. 

So maybe congratulations are in order here... you worked hard to achieve that. What remains to be seen is whether or not you like the taste of your own recipe.

Edited by Venandi

10 hours ago, herbie said:

Don't give a shit if I come off arrogant. No religion in schools and you're free not to do what you don't believe in.
No Christian shit in Public schools. Kids are there to broaden their minds not narrow them.

It is not your attitude, it is your ignorance and bigotry that is the problem here. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Venandi said:

1. No other tribe is forcing their s--- down my throat with a funnel, if/when they do it will be time for another cleanup crew.

2. Might be more me's out there than you think, I sure hope so.

3. France is on the verge of a hard right turn, I'm now up for that too and I fear the conservatives aren't going to be conservative enough.

4. Woke has become a four letter word, and the purveyors of it are on the verge of political collapse. Hoping for that to come about is a major change of heart for me, it took a lot of effort to force that change and I still think it was a tactical blunder when all it took to avoid it was nothing.  

5. In the absence of a common centre with reasonable parameters (key word being REASONABLE) only voting em down and sending em packing is likely to halt the current levels of stratospheric lunacy. It's a shame to see democracy weaponized and it didn't have to be that way either, but I see no other way to halt the madness.  

6. That fear, in and of itself is bad for democracy IMO. It serves as an inducement to strife, lasting resentments and I would argue that it's relatively easy to avoid simply by returning  tolerance and goodwill in like manner. 

1.  Sure they are.  The public sphere is filled with special interests trying to vie for your attention and mine.
2.  There are lots but not a super majority though.
3.  That's the thing I hear... "stop calling it hard right" because it's just reduced climate taxes and reduced immigration.  I am starting to agree but you're not going to get any changes to the kinds of things you are complaining about here. 
4. If they put some reduction of DEI in place the noise that you recoil from will increase in volume.
5. Noise doesn't end, unless you imprison people.  In a democracy it slowly quiets down but both sides have to be part of it.  
6. Agree, except for the part where you say it's relatively easy.

12 hours ago, DUI_Offender said:

if Trudeau admits thousands of them, as the plan is right now, I will not be voting for him.

That's your red line with Trudeau?

Thats like being cool with crackheads in your neighborhood, but if one takes a dump on your lawn and smears it on your car, you're first in line to talk to government officials to change what has been happening for years. Thats the line. The smearing of feces on your car.

11 hours ago, herbie said:

I don't think one would avoid pride events because they hate queers.

I avoid them, because the movement has strayed for what it initially stood for.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Noise doesn't end, unless you imprison people

But you can make that noise irrelevant through your votes. Through where you choose to do business.

The Gay community is not shoving their lifestyle down the throat the "community". People don't have to attend. 

Parades like this have been happening for four decades now. Kids, by and large, tend to dress more modestly these days in my experience. 

The real story about this parade is how a handful of Hamas supporters could shut the whole thing down. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

but making ridiculing the extremists within the group more acceptable at least is a step in the right direction.

No need, the litany of absurdities already stands on its own for all to see:

Somehow this is national news

If you reported the theft of a Canadian Flag (at the end of the driveway), complete with trail cam video of the person stealing it, would the police pursue it?

Would it be national news?

I think we all know the answer...

A burn out on a special interest crosswalk is a hate crime, but cutting your fence and trespassing with an ATV is a nothing burger... it gets ignored, even if a blind monkey could follow the tracks back to the shed it's parked in.

Edited by Venandi

17 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Nope, but making ridiculing the extremists within the group more acceptable at least is a step in the right direction.

That's in the public sphere and I don't think the government can control that either.

4 minutes ago, Venandi said:

Would it be national news?

That's Canada's most conservative national newspaper so hard to see how things would change with a conservative government there either.  If it infuriates, it leads.  And newspapers need anger to get clicks, simple.

I do not condone someone showing their genitalia at a parade. It should be dealt with much the same as if there was not a parade. If they want it to be centered around nudity then either do it indoors and/or prohibit children from attending. Having attended one in Sacramento.. there was no nudity or not at least in my view. So no not all gay pride parades have nudity.. in fact most do not.

2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I do not condone someone showing their genitalia at a parade. It should be dealt with much the same as if there was not a parade. If they want it to be centered around nudity then either do it indoors and/or prohibit children from attending. Having attended one in Sacramento.. there was no nudity or not at least in my view. So no not all gay pride parades have nudity.. in fact most do not.

They let things go for big public gatherings... like drunkenness etc.  If you brought your kid to the parade you would see people drunk, high etc.  I wouldn't do that, there's a kids event in a park.

16 hours ago, User said:

Meanwhile... in the other thread you just said kids reading the Bible in class should be stopped. 

So which is it, do we need to "shuddup" or to we have the right to gripe?

Seriously... in Canada and in America, we have all sorts of laws, rules, and regulations around what children can and can't be exposed to as well as public decency laws. 

The Bible, especially the old testament is the last place you'll fine humanity.

I'm going to plant two different vegetables beside eachother. 

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  Sure they are.  The public sphere is filled with special interests trying to vie for your attention and mine.
2.  There are lots but not a super majority though.
3.  That's the thing I hear... "stop calling it hard right" because it's just reduced climate taxes and reduced immigration.  I am starting to agree but you're not going to get any changes to the kinds of things you are complaining about here. 
4. If they put some reduction of DEI in place the noise that you recoil from will increase in volume.
5. Noise doesn't end, unless you imprison people.  In a democracy it slowly quiets down but both sides have to be part of it.  
6. Agree, except for the part where you say it's relatively easy.

3.  Can we please stop with this nonsense that Conservatives only want to cut taxes and reduce immigration. 

Conservatism nowadays is authoritarian.  Social Conservatism is just another word for Fascism.  One country, one religion, one language.  

Core tenants of Fascism 

1. Mythical past.

2. Accuse the other side to which you yourself are guilty of.

3. Make the media the enemy.

4. If you can convince one portion of the population, that they're better than another portion, you'll have them eating out of the palm of your hand.

Pretty close to my take on things, I took the liberty of making a few editorial changes:

Liberalism nowadays is authoritarian.  Social Justice Warriors and ANTIFA  are just other words for Fascism.  One country, one religion (wokeness), one language.  

Core tenants of Fascism 

1. Denying, rewriting and cancelling the past.

2. Accuse the other side to which you yourself are guilty of.

3. Incorporate the media into a  trinity of government and weaponized security establishments.

4. If you can convince one portion of the population that they're better than another portion, you'll have them eating out of the palm of your hand.