Anti-Conservative Bias in CBC and MSM

5 hours ago, eyeball said:

No, I've marked lots of ballots...at times hopefully, grudgingly at others...it mostly feels like a demeaning exercise in futility though. 

But to support corruption. Not get rid of it. That's the problem.

Patronizing voters like this might make you feel good but its kind of nauseating really. 

If i'd voted like you did i'd feel sick to my stomach too :)    But i wouldn't be dumb enough to blame someone else.

No, all this simply means is if voters don't pick your guy for whatever partisan reasons you think matter and that are peculiar to you

I don't think that 'Corruption' should be a "partisan" issue.  It's telling that you do.

My position is that corruption should be punished by the voters - and you seem to be saying that you disagree with that. That it's just a "Partisan" position.

Yet you claim we need more accountability.

What a hypocrite. This is why the left fails at everything it tries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

OMG you're so dumb I feel infected by your stupidity just from reading your post.

What your articles are telling you is that people were led to believe something by the MSM. That's it.

People who didn't go to Ottawa relied on CBC and CTV to tell them what was happening, and everything that CTV and CBC told them was a lie. 

Why do some people think that "The BLM protests were mostly peaceful"?

Were they peaceful, Aristedes? Doesn't that sound a lot like: "He's a pretty peaceful guy. He only beats his wife up about 15 times a year..."? If someone beats their wife 15 times a year are they 'a mostly peaceful guy' or 'a wife-beater'? What if it's only 5 times? 

Why is it that a lot of Canadians feel like the BLM protests were more peaceful than the Freedom Convoy? Why do people feel like the BLM riots were less racist than the Freedom Convoy? Why do people feel like the Freedom Convoy was out desecrating monuments, but the BLM protesters weren't, Aristedes? Who was destroying things, and assaulting people? 

Can you show me footage of the swastikas and confederate flags at the freedom convoy event? Can you show me the desecrated monuments and statues? Do you have video of the rowdies attacking people, or destroying things? 

Do you think that there are more statues and monuments that were desecrated by the Freedom Convoy, or young people killed by the covid jab? Why did you hear so much about phantom monument desecration and yet you've never seen the story of a Canadian kid killed by the jab?

Do you think that the jab hasn't killed people Aristedes? 

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

So your assertion is that most people wanted Trudeau to jail anti-vaxxers... interesting.  I don't know if it's true or not, but implicitly it means that Trudeau was taking a popular tack on that.

It means that our PM and our MSM told enough lies to convince a lot of stupid people to do the wrong things. 

4 hours ago, Goddess said:

Don't forget that it was the people who hid the Jews that were breaking the law.

BOOM!

And at the time that he was spewing his hate, it was already obvious that the jabs did not prevent anyone from getting or transmitting covid. 

True, but that will go unacknowledged by the vaxtards.

But y'all ignored facts.  And voted him in because he promised to persecute "anti-vaxxers".

Is it any wonder he received pushback from the Freedom Convoy?

Is it any wonder why you're all wanting to re-write history and pretend you didn't participate in the hatred?

Well said.

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

I said people are "apathetic about the gov't doing illegal and unconstitutional things".

Which is why we have a gov't right now that is highly corrupt and scandal-riddled.

I know, haha.  It's a CTV poll, so CTV-watchers are the ones replying to it.

It's a Nanos poll. The other was a U of A study. Using the act was neither unconstitutional or illegal but it was unnecessary and overkill.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

It does seem strange to have a state owned media outlet. From what I have read, it is a public broadcaster and so the government is going to be involved in some way. If I am off base then fine. If not, does not seem sustainable. 

You guys have PBS, it just has less marketshare than CBC. 

The thing here is that a lot of Canada is sparsely populated and very remote, so private companies would never have bothered to service those areas if public broadcasters and other crown corporations didn't set up all the infrastructure. 

CBC was important to this country, but they've gone rogue to the point where they do more damage than good. 

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It's a Nanos poll. The other was a U of A study. Using the act was neither unconstitutional or illegal but it was unnecessary and overkill.

Do you think that there are more statues and monuments that were desecrated by the Freedom Convoy, or young people killed by the covid jab?

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Do you think that there are more statues and monuments that were desecrated by the Freedom Convoy, or young people killed by the covid jab?

That's something you would dream up. You have no idea and neither does anyone else because they wouldn't bother with absurdities.

Just now, Aristides said:

That's something you would dream up. You have no idea and neither does anyone else because they wouldn't bother with absurdities.

What do you mean I have no idea? Are you saying no one knows?

How is that possible? Shouldn't we know the answer to that? 

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

But to support corruption. Not get rid of it. That's the problem.

Yer a loon.

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

My position is that corruption should be punished by the voters

My position is that corruption should be punished by the law.

I also think greater transparency is vital towards dispelling the enormous amount of public mistrust and misinformation that is dissolving our country's polity. This will be even more vital in the wake of a reduced and disappearing 5th estate.

We have all the technology we need to make the public's business a lot more public on a day to day basis - a pencil and a piece of paper every 5 years or so just doesn't cut it. It's so naive to think it does it verges on imagining there's something supernatural occuring.

58 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

What do you mean I have no idea? Are you saying no one knows?

How is that possible? Shouldn't we know the answer to that? 

Well obviously you claim to know, why else would you bring up something so stupid.

2 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

It does seem strange to have a state owned media outlet. From what I have read, it is a public broadcaster and so the government is going to be involved in some way. If I am off base then fine. If not, does not seem sustainable. 

Most countries have state media. At least, it's not uncommon.

6 hours ago, Goddess said:

According to MSM, yes.

The reality they didn't show you was the amount of SUPPORT they had.  And it inspired similar convoys all over the world.  But that wasn't in the MSM, either.

I get it though - people who only rely on the CBC often have zero idea of what's really going on.

? I saw polls that said that the public sympathized with the convoy but didn't support the actions.  Your assertion is that the media made it up.

Ok.

But you also said that Trudeau was anti vax because it was popular?

Sorry, I just don't follow.  The MSM is lazy and fickle, like the public, and that is how they handle this.  I don't see any logic behind an idea that they would collude with a polling firm to produce an ambivalent reading of the national mindset.  What would be the point?

11 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Well obviously you claim to know, why else would you bring up something so stupid.

The fact that you don't know how many people were killed by the vax, and that you think it's a stupid question, is just proof that it's not a stupid question.

Here's something you'll like. It's an article explaining that the vaccines don't kill more people than they save. Well that's nice hey? Maybe all vaccines should be like that lol.

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/11/scicheck-covid-19-vaccines-save-lives-are-not-more-lethal-than-covid-19/

• But serious adverse events resulting from vaccination, including deaths, are rare.
  • Meanwhile, the vaccines have a strong safety record and have only been linked to serious adverse events and deaths in rare cases.

"In rare cases". 

Does that mean "zero", dummy?

So I ask you again, Do you think that there are more statues and monuments that were desecrated by the Freedom Convoy, or young people killed by the covid jab?

Here's a hint: there were zero statues and monuments defaced by the Freedom Convoy, so the correct answer is: There were more young people killed by the covid jab than there were statues and monuments desecrated by the Freedom Convoy.

So why has our MSM reported on the desecration of statues and monuments, which didn't happen, but they haven't reported on any vax-induced deaths? They've told a lie to slander some innocent people, and they're hiding the information about the deaths of innocent people. 

What do you make of that? Does that meet your lofty standards?

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Yer a loon.

And you're a hypocrite and dishonest.  Most people would prefer to be a loon :)  But i guess that's your way of saying "i have no defense of my actions"

My position is that corruption should be punished by the law.

No it isn't.

I also think greater transparency is vital towards dispelling the enormous amount of public mistrust and misinformation that is dissolving our country's polity.

So - we caught trudeau breaking the law and lying and people like you let him get away with it.  Sooooo - how did that restore trust exactly?

This will be even more vital in the wake of a reduced and disappearing 5th estate.

Again ... we knew the gov't was corrupt and.....

We have all the technology we need to make the public's business a lot more public on a day to day basis

But no reason to. As  long as people like you continue to let them get away with it and pretend it's harper's fault for not passing MOAR laws then it will continue and get worse.

Why do you think we even have a democracy? It was so the public could defend itself against tyranny and corruption that was prevalent under the feudal system.  And you're like "Well democracy doesn't matter when it comes to gov'ts".  Yeash.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Justice Mosley said it was.

He did, but he also said the convoy and the protests were illegal.  The problem was that there were already enough tools to deal with them.  Using the Emergency Act was absolutely ridiculous to end the protests and blockades, when we have decades of experience doing the same thing without. 

54 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

He did, but he also said the convoy and the protests were illegal. 

Yes, but under the circumstances, completely necessary. 

The American Revolution was illegal too, when it happened.

The problem was that there were already enough tools to deal with them.  Using the Emergency Act was absolutely ridiculous to end the protests and blockades, when we have decades of experience doing the same thing without. 

But it wasn't just used to end the protests and blockades in Ottawa and at the US border. Trudeau is a narcissistic megalomaniac, and the martial law we had here was about much more than just that. 

The Act was supposed to be restricted to regions facing an actual violent threat, not just economic hardship, but they applied it country-wide with no legal mandate to do so, and as a result the gov't was able to shut down all forms of protest or even public complaints against their beloved vax anywhere in the country

It also gave the police broader powers to spy on those dastardly anti-vaxers, and to shut down the bank accounts of anyone who did business with them. It even gave police the right to seize people's belongings, which they did.  

It's disgusting that the NDP still support Trudeau as a legitimate PM of Canada.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1