Total fossil emissions in the world is only 0.1% to 0.2% of total greenhouse gases

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

The evidence for God is all around us, yet many people do not believe God created it, but these same people are willing to believe man causes excessive climate change even though there is no clear evidence or proof.

The world around us is not evidence of god because there are alternative explanation for how everything came to be that are far more plausible and that are actually supported by physical evidence.

"God created everything in existence and the proof is the existence of everything" is circular reasoning and a basic failure of logic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

And some people just don't want to know anything. There is a lot more empirical evidence of man caused warming than there is for some sort of supreme being.s

You still have not told me this big secret evidence.  What is it?

39 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Prove it. Millions of peer reviewed scientists say otherwise.

I guess when it comes to judging the capacity of our peers, non-scientists in our case, one of the things we check is the past veracity of the peer in question. You have demonstrated, empirically on the question of empiricism especially, to have a capacity for accepting a quality of evidence that is so far below speculation that it verges on pure fantasy.

Unfortunately for the human race and the planet, there are far to many people like you in positions of power and influence trumping evidence and science with your fantasies. They've led us down an evolutionary cul-de-sac.

Good job. You must be so proud.

Where is the evidence that man is causing climate change?  I am still waiting.  But I won't hold my breath.  We know you don't have any idea.

13 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

The world around us is not evidence of god because there are alternative explanation for how everything came to be that are far more plausible and that are actually supported by physical evidence.

OK, what is the evidence for an alternative explanation.  Let's hear it.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

"God created everything in existence and the proof is the existence of everything" is circular reasoning and a basic failure of logic.

It's not circular logic.  Do you know what circular logic even is?

When you look at some complex thing that could not just happen, you should know there was an intelligent designer that made it.

If you find a wrist watch lying on the dirt, would you say it just happened by chance?  Or would you know someone designed it?

It is the same thing with the complex creation which could not design and create itself or happen by chance.

It is simple logic which a lot of people do not recognize.

I think we are getting closer to the crux of the matter.

Edited by blackbird

29 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Where is the evidence that man is causing climate change?  I am still waiting.  But I won't hold my breath.  We know you don't have any idea.

Again: the evidence is the increase in global temperatures corresponds with the increase in atmospheric CO2 caused by human activities. What's the alternative explanation for why global temperatures have increased so rapidly?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, blackbird said:

It's not circular logic.  Do you know what circular logic even is?

It absolutely is, as I clearly illustrated. I can draw you a diagram if you want.

When you look at some complex thing that could not just happen, you should know there was an intelligent designer that made it.

Except there's absolutely no reason to think something naturally occurring could not develop through natural processes. 

If you find a wrist watch lying on the dirt, would you say it just happened by chance?  Or would you know someone designed it?

It is the same thing with the complex creation which could not design and create itself or happen by chance.

It is simple logic which a lot of people do not recognize.

I think we are getting closer to the crux of the matter.

No it's easy to understand the logic, but it's a stupid analogy because a watch is not analogous to a natural phenomenon.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

What's the alternative explanation for why global temperatures have increased so rapidly?

In one word...nature.  The way it always has.  The world's temperatures are a complex thing.  Why have there been colder periods and hotter periods in history?  The same reason,  nature.  God designed the universe with a changing climate on earth obviously.  Same reason we have different seasons each year.  That is the way God created it to be.

39 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Faith is not evidence. Measurements and data are.

That is correct.  But having faith in the correct thing is the right thing.  Faith in the wrong things is bad.  The whole thing is faith is essential to please God.  Without it nobody can be saved or go to heaven.

"

Faith is the means by which believers come to God and put their trust in Him for salvation. 

God provides believers with the faith needed to believe in Him: “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8–9).

The entire Christian life is lived out on the foundation of faith (Romans 1:17; Galatians 2:20).

What Is Faith as the Bible Defines It? (learnreligions.com)

Measurements and data can be true or can be false.

Not all measurements and data can prove a supposition.

Edited by blackbird

5 hours ago, cannuck said:

I imagine there are more than a few.   You could start by contacting Dr. Howard Dryden - the man behind the goes website and a oceanic scientist with academic credentials and professional accomplishments in water treatment far beyond almost any mere mortal.   While he stands WAY out in front, he is hardly alone in his understanding of these issues.

Way out front because?  

I'm looking at his work...

I just told you. It's proven to the point of factual that evidence it's something else is now required to refute it.

It leaves the very same sense of conviction you have for your Bible except it's a conviction based on reality and a very well schooled understanding of the physical world using finely tuned instruments that enable science to measure, observe and report with great precision things going on in the natural physical world.

You have anything like that? Claiming human-caused climate change isn't real is now a positive claim - as such it's upon people claiming it to prove it. Decisions are being made, policies initiated and resources committed to the reality.

Empirical evidence this all unnecessary would make you just about the greatest hero of the early 21st century. 

In one word...nature.  The way it always has.  The world's temperatures are a complex thing.  Why have there been colder periods and hotter periods in history?  The same reason,  nature.  God designed the universe with a changing climate on earth obviously.  Same reason we have different seasons each year.  That is the way God created it to be.

That is correct.  But having faith in the correct thing is the right thing.  Faith in the wrong things is bad.  The whole thing is faith is essential to please God.  Without it nobody can be saved or go to heaven.

"

Faith is the means by which believers come to God and put their trust in Him for salvation. 

God provides believers with the faith needed to believe in Him: “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8–9).

The entire Christian life is lived out on the foundation of faith (Romans 1:17; Galatians 2:20).

What Is Faith as the Bible Defines It? (learnreligions.com)

Measurements and data can be true or can be false.

Not all measurements and data can prove a supposition.

You say it is a complex subject but rely on something as simplistic as faith to explain it. That's just plain lazy. Rather than actually question, you write it off as an act of God. How convenient.

Faith by definition is a belief in something that cannot be proved. Science is based on observation and measurements, it is continually being challenged, questioned and revised as new evidence is found. Faith on the other hand depends on never being questioned or challenged in order to survive.

Edited by Aristides

27 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Faith by definition is a belief in something that cannot be proved.

That is not exactly how it is.  We have the Holy Scriptures which are full of evidence to authenticate many things.  The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ for example was witnessed by a number of eye witnesses.  Some of these witnesses were extremely motivated after witnessing the resurrection and were martyred for defending what they had seen and believed.  People don't die for a myth or lie.

Rather than actually question, you write it off as an act of God. How convenient.

There are some things that we cannot control.  They are acts of God.  Things such as when a volcano erupts, when an earthquake occurs, when the weather is sunny and when it is cloudy. On and on.  That includes the climate.  Man cannot control the climate.  It is foolishness to think we can.

If you want to believe man can do things like that you are free to.  But I see it as nonsensical.

18 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That is not exactly how it is.  We have the Holy Scriptures which are full of evidence to authenticate many things.  The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ for example was witnessed by a number of eye witnesses.  Some of these witnesses were extremely motivated after witnessing the resurrection and were martyred for defending what they had seen and believed.  People don't die for a myth or lie.

it is exactly how it is. Something written thousands of years ago absolves you of the obligation to think for yourself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

There are some things that we cannot control.  They are acts of God.  Things such as when a volcano erupts, when an earthquake occurs, when the weather is sunny and when it is cloudy. On and on.  That includes the climate.  Man cannot control the climate.  It is foolishness to think we can.

If you want to believe man can do things like that you are free to.  But I see it as nonsensical.

Humans pumping billions of tons of carbon trapped in the earths crust for millions of years is not an act of God. 

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Humans pumping billions of tons of carbon trapped in the earths crust for millions of years is not an act of God. 

Why not?  God created the earth.  Maybe he created it with oil and gas in the earth, just as he created the earth with all the other minerals in it.  Maybe God intended for us to mine the earth and use the natural resources including oil and gas.  How else could eight billion people live on the earth as they do now without the oil that we use for everything?

"26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."  Genesis 1:26 KJV

So God gave man dominion over all the earth.  That means dominion over all the natural resources in the earth too including the gas and oil.  If God gave us dominion over the earth, then why would you think we are not supposed to use the oil and gas and emit CO2.  Emissions are just a normal part of using the energy resources.  

Edited by blackbird

Other countries have number crunchers too and let me assure you they are looking carefully at Canada’s sky high per capita production of greenhouse gases. The notion that we can hide our profligacy just because we are few in number and it’s cold up here is childishly naive. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Why not?  God created the earth.  Maybe he created it with oil and gas in the earth, just as he created the earth with all the other minerals in it.  Maybe God intended for us to mine the earth and use the natural resources including oil and gas.  How else could eight billion people live on the earth as they do now without the oil that we use for everything?

"26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."  Genesis 1:26 KJV

So God gave man dominion over all the earth.  That means dominion over all the natural resources in the earth too including the gas and oil.  If God gave us dominion over the earth, then why would you think we are not supposed to use the oil and gas and emit CO2.  Emissions are just a normal part of using the energy resources.  

So humans f*cking up the planet is God's will. That's a philosophy only a masochist could have.d

If God intended us to be in his (its) image, he must be one unhappy camper. We aren't even capable of saving ourselves from ourselves.

Let's keep rolling coal until the place incinerates itself. God's will.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 2

So humans f*cking up the planet is God's will. That's a philosophy only a masochist could have.d

If God intended us to be in his (its) image, he must be one unhappy camper. We aren't even capable of saving ourselves from ourselves.

Let's keep rolling coal until the place incinerates itself. God's will.

I never said that.  I don't think you are capable of good stewardship of the earth.   You want to punish mankind for just living normally.  You don't even respect God and believe the Bible.  You are in big trouble with God I'm afraid.

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

That's how you know the One Ring was the real deal. Boromir sacrificed himself to protect it. 

image.png.d848c394ad36dcaa8b9b73b46ac8e6b4.png

41 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I never said that.  I don't think you are capable of good stewardship of the earth.   You want to punish mankind for just living normally.  You don't even respect God and believe the Bible.  You are in big trouble with God I'm afraid.

Too funny. I’m not capable of good stewardship? You aren’t interested in any stewardship. You palm off your responsibilities on your god. 

• Like 1

Hopefully Canada leaves the Paris Agreement and drops these targets and economy-killing carbon taxes.  I’m not hopeful for Canada.  Our leftists are dumber than the US Democrats who wouldn’t dare to impose carbon taxes on Americans.

And before the posters pile on about Canada’s supposed responsibilities, remember that our emissions are rising along with our mass immigration under this profligate government, as China adds new coal plants with regularity. Do you really want to get rid of every last bit of industry and resource development in Canada?  Do you really want to destroy our living standards?

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Hopefully Canada leaves the Paris Agreement and drops these targets and economy-killing carbon taxes.  I’m not hopeful for Canada.  Our leftists are dumber than the US Democrats who wouldn’t dare to impose carbon taxes on Americans.

And before the posters pile on about Canada’s supposed responsibilities, remember that our emissions are rising along with our mass immigration under this profligate government, as China adds new coal plants with regularity. Do you really want to get rid of every last bit of industry and resource development in Canada?  Do you really want to destroy our living standards?

These Libbies don't care about mundane things like eating. They're on a mission to punish Canadians. For what? Everything. Trannie rights, native rights, speech rights, colonialism, Pierre Polievre, apples...you name it...the Libbies hate you for it.

There's nothing worse than a whole bunch of women...on a mission.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Your fear of starvation isn't rational.  You don't understand the economy.

Well that's an interesting assertion Mike. https://royalyorkpropertymanagement.ca/news-article/most-ontario-renters-choosing-between-food-and-paying-rent-report

I'm beginning to wonder if you really "understand" anything short of institutional fealty?