The 2024 election as the insanity test

Once in a while human folk wants to lose its rational mind and go dancing wild in the dark. I'm not sure if there's a theory to this end. But the examples, facts are just too many to count. There's something given, unavoidable about that. Has to be in the genes.

The choice in the coming election is just as simple as that. One is unpleasant, not very rational. Honestly, I can't understand why the Democrats insist on the same course that keeps failing: at the time when the people are looking for a change, a new course come up with the candidate as deeply rooted in the status quo, as practically possible. Doesn't make any rational sense, to me. Not smart, and unpleasant.

The other one, on the other hand, is just insane. There's not one sane, rational argument to choose that based on the body of facts that's growing with the speed of an avalanche. It carries every risk imaginable.

So the test this time around is simple. No innocent ignorance or confusion. For some reason the Time is smiling on this humanity this time around - or giving it the last chance? Unpleasant and boring? Or plain insane? Sorry, no other options on this menu. You choose.

Edited by myata

I can't choose in a voting booth as I am Canadian. However...my sister has become a US citizen and I do make sure she knows all the facts when she casts her votes. I can also continue to ask people...'Are you better off now than you were during the Trump administration?' And ya know...the answer, more often than not, is 'No'.

Oh I know that the more effeminate among us feel appalled...disgusted...with Orangemanbad. But he did provide a great economy, greater world peace and security and a controlled border.

Brandon provided surrender of pretty much every issue to...

Destruction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I love the simplicity of the "are you better off" argument.  It makes deficit spending, blames the leaders for things they can't control and best of all it throws up its hands at the possibility of me voter understanding their world.

Edited by Michael Hardner

I love the 'are you better off' argument because nobody is...and because it results in silly excuses that mean jack-shit. 

Bottom line...America had a boom under one administration...and a bust under the next.

Edited by Nationalist

Just now, Nationalist said:

1. I love the 'are you better off' argument because nobody is...and because it results in silly excuses that mean jack-shit. 

2. Bottom line...America had a boom under one administration...and a bust under the next.

1. Well SOME are.  But I'm in agreement that things are worse for working people, generally.

2. For the average knuckle dryer, that might be a rule of thumb, and it might scale on a national stage.  But on this bored, we should be a little bit more curious.  Did you know the arch conservative named Argus? What was his problem with the previous administration? I'll tell you... Deficit spending.  

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I love the 'are you better off' argument because nobody is...and because it results in silly excuses that mean jack-shit. 

Bottom line...America had a boom under one administration...and a bust under the next.

You're mistaken. There was a continuation of the Obama "boom," AND a BUST, both under Trump's admin. 

Of course, your cognitive dissonance doesn't allow you to SEE REALITY.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, myata said:

Once in a while human folk wants to lose its rational mind and go dancing wildly in the dark. I'm not sure if there's a theory to this end. But the examples, facts are just too many to discard. There's something given, unavoidable about that. Has to be in the genes.

The choice in the coming election is just as simple as that. One is unpleasant, not very rational. Honestly, I can't understand why the Democrats insist on the same course that keeps failing: at the time when the people are looking for a change, a new course come up with the candidate as deeply rooted in the status quo, as practically possible. Doesn't make any rational sense, to me. Not smart, and unpleasant.

The other one, on the other hand, is just insane. There's not one sane, rational argument to choose that based on the body of facts that's growing with the speed of an avalanche. It carries every risk imaginable.

So the test this time around is simple. No innocent ignorance or confusion. For some reason the Time is smiling on this humanity this time around - or giving it the last chance? Unpleasant and boring? Or plain insane? Sorry, no other options on this menu. You choose.

Pre WWII Britain faced an uncertain future, and wisely chose Chamberlain who gave them "Peace In Our Time".

What they really needed was a Churchill, but they didn't know it.  They found out though.

Edited by sharkman
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, myata said:

Once in a while human folk wants to lose its rational mind and go dancing wildly in the dark.

Maybe the guy who can't talk in coherent sentences shouldn't be throwing stones :)    ROFLMAO!

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

The left always complains about the 'are you better off' argument becuase nobody ever is after one of their terms :)

It's a good thought experiment. If you're not - why not.

It is the gov'ts job to provide a fertile environment for people to prosper.  The right conditions for business to flourish, the protections to allow you to go about your life in safety and security, the access to critical resources, etc

If things aren't better than they were then a gov't does owe an explination as to why and how they're going to address that.

Any gov't that simply whines that it has no control over anything, as mike would suggest, deserves to be voted out.

7 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I do make sure she knows all the facts

Hope she's better at knowing what facts are.

But don't be so sure the US public is so deluded, immoral and insane that they will have another mass brainfart like 2016 and re-elect the RAPIST FRAUD to office.
Voting in your Granpa is always preferable to a deranged megalomaniac narcissist.

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Well SOME are.  But I'm in agreement that things are worse for working people, generally.

2. For the average knuckle dryer, that might be a rule of thumb, and it might scale on a national stage.  But on this bored, we should be a little bit more curious.  Did you know the arch conservative named Argus? What was his problem with the previous administration? I'll tell you... Deficit spending.  

Dude...better...worse.

Pick.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robosmith said:

You're mistaken. There was a continuation of the Obama "boom," AND a BUST, both under Trump's admin. 

Of course, your cognitive dissonance doesn't allow you to SEE REALITY.

Hilarious...

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

It is the gov'ts job to provide a fertile environment for people to prosper.  The right conditions for business to flourish, the protections to allow you to go about your life in safety and security, the access to critical resources, etc

Bingo.

Yet they don't. Instead they grow government to the detriment of everyone except...the government. 

It's a seriously asinine idea.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, herbie said:

Hope she's better at knowing what facts are.

But don't be so sure the US public is so deluded, immoral and insane that they will have another mass brainfart like 2016 and re-elect the RAPIST FRAUD to office.
Voting in your Granpa is always preferable to a deranged megalomaniac narcissist.

Giggle...yes well you can split society all you like but, only one candidate want ALL Americans to be better off.

58 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Hilarious...

Bankrupt. AGAIN. BUPKIS: best you got.....

45 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Giggle...yes well you can split society all you like but, only one candidate want ALL Americans to be better off.

And that's certainly NOT Trump. You're so oblivious you've not noticed that Trump's only consideration is HIS "better off." 🤮

3 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Bankrupt. AGAIN. BUPKIS: best you got.....

And that's certainly NOT Trump. You're so oblivious you've not noticed that Trump's only consideration is HIS "better off." 🤮

Pukin' in public again? Tst...you should see a doctor.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Like we've discussed previously - the closer we get to november with trump still in the lead, the more of this desperate mental flailing and gibbering we're going to see.  His caps-lock key is already shuddering in fearful anticipation.

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Like we've discussed previously - the closer we get to november with trump still in the lead, the more of this desperate mental flailing and gibbering we're going to see.  His caps-lock key is already shuddering in fearful anticipation.

lol....

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

You should face reality and stop making people sick with your dystopian fantasies.

Of course, you STILL have NOTHING to substantiate your LATEST FAIRY TALE, but that doesn't stop you from continually puking them out here. 

Here we see the reality of US GDP growth showing static growth rates for early Trump's term followed by the CRASH and Biden's remarkable recovery in growth.  Duh

image.thumb.png.60ee5d574c592b7b56fb5f9fe5d418e3.png

You need to learn how to FACE REALITY and stop believing Trump's LIES.

Edited by robosmith

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

You should face reality and stop making people sick with your dystopian fantasies.

Of course, you STILL have NOTHING to substantiate your LATEST FAIRY TALE, but that doesn't stop you from continually puking them out here. 

Here we see the reality of US GDP growth showing static growth rates for early Trump's term followed by the CRASH and Biden's remarkable recovery in growth.  Duh

Does he realize that his graph shows that trump did better than obama for the most part right up until covid? And that obama was sinking fast when trump took over?

He's got this really weird habit of reguarly posting stuff that proves he's wrong.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Does he realize that his graph shows that trump did better than obama for the most part right up until covid? And that obama was sinking fast when trump took over?

He's got this really weird habit of reguarly posting stuff that proves he's wrong.

Meh...he's got a lot of really weird habits.

5 hours ago, robosmith said:

Brandon's stupidity has caused 5.7% inflation overall. That's the 3rd highest ever.

You can scream and howl all you like about GDP, but it's inflation where the rubber meets the road.

There's nothing unknown about what and who Trump is. Even Joe/Jill who hasn't graduated high school would know the difference if they 1) paid attention and 2) were doing the thinking. Paying attention and thinking is important and crucial because your democracy is not a fancy, not some kind of once-so-many-months entertainment show: it's a responsibility, and the strongest condition of its perpetuity. For a while the elites and the population conspired to see it as some kind of a match, contest, a show way over and eventually, in place of the substance. But when the essence of democracy goes only only an empty shell is left, you know what to expect: the first capable crook will take it over and use to their advantage. Would it be to yours? Why should it be? What would he care?

This time there's no innocence, no surprises. They would be getting exactly what pushed for and ordered, the full value and worth of it, no claims and no "oh we didn't know".

8 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

He's puking green, which can't possibly be resolved wjth antibiotics.

Must be all the kale.

He tried antibiotics, now he's on unclebiotics. One of the side effects is caps-lock addiction.