the real lie of the GOP

its an age old gag for "conservatism" in the US... that "conservatives" aren't conservative at all. they are just another vehicle for the richest of the population to get richer and a lot of it directly from tax payers.

the gag goes like this... get people all riled up about some imaginary enemy ("social conservatism")... gays, "wokeness", immigrants, abortion. the issue doesn't really matter, it used to be something else, the actual issue can be switched on a dime. this works mostly with uneducated rural types. just keep repeating that they are in danger and they will believe it. now the center of the GOP support, the uneducated rural types are already pissed that they've missed the "american dream" economically because GOP policies mean they've been getting more poor for 40 years. they need someone to blame. get them to blame gays and immigrants!

studies show that people who suffer more from black and white thinking lean "conservative". and so these people are targeted by the business status quo.

Political Ideology and Black-and-White Thinking

and then have a god like cult figure like Trump to push these people over the edge. a cult like figure that will attack the faceless evil. save the country from "wokeness". while only making them more and more... poor!

Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (no Jobs there!)

"under the Act individuals and pass-through entities like partnerships and S corporations would receive about $1.125 trillion in net benefits (i.e. net tax cuts offset by reduced healthcare subsidies) over 10 years, while corporations would receive around $320 billion in benefits. The CBO estimated that implementing the Act would add an estimated $2.289 trillion to the national debt over ten years"

"Bloomberg News reported in January 2020 that the top six American banks saved more than $32 billion in taxes during the two years after enactment of the tax cut, while they reduced lending, cut jobs and increased distributions to shareholders."

meanwhile, Democrats continue as always to support unions and working people. no one can point to ANY policy evidence that the GOP support working people. they only support business and promise "economic trickle down" except that that hasn't been working for 40 years.

as a business owner here in Canada... Trudeau has not made it easy for me. because i control the corporation from which i make money, my effective tax rate went up from 8% to 11%. poor working stiffs have to pay a minimum of 17%! but i'm aware that the happiest societies are those where the wealth gap is smallest.

Income Inequality Makes Whole Countries Less Happy

and with that wealth inequality destroys democracies... because it leads to concentration of power.

Edited by godzilla
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, godzilla said:

its an age old gag for "conservatism" in the US... that "conservatives" aren't conservative at all. they are just another vehicle for the richest of the population to get richer and a lot of it directly from tax payers.

Ah yes, the ol' "I'm getting my a$$ kicked here, so I'd better get busy blaming the rich! That's a neat trick!!" ploy. lol

22 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Ah yes, the ol' "I'm getting my a$$ kicked here, so I'd better get busy blaming the rich! That's a neat trick!!" ploy. lol

is my a$$ getting kicked? i'm in the top 5% wealth earners. or do you mean in the debate? because i don't see anybody debating this.

i mean, unless everybody thinks that the growing wealth inequality gap is a good thing? i'm listening...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, godzilla said:

Who benefits from millions of illegal immigrants coming across the border gz?

Answer that one question: who benefits from millions of illegal immigrants coming across the border?

I'll make this easier for you. Who benefits when the cost of hiring nannies, gardeners, fruit-pickers, house-cleaners, maids, etc goes down? 

How many of those people do you employ? How much money do you save on their wages every year? 

How many slum housing units do you own gz? When the rent goes up, how much does it help your bottom line, dummy?

Are low-income Americans helped by illegal immigration? Do they like it when wages go down and the cost of their housing goes up? 

Another hint: Do lower wages help you? Do higher rents help you? Do those things help Nancy Pelosi? Do those things help low-income Americans? 

I'm also gonna ask you this in advance, because I know it's gonna be necessary: Why were you unable to answer the questions above? 

I'm even gonna answer that last question for you, because you won't: You couldn't answer the question because the answer is definitive proof of who the Dems are really working for: wealthy Americans

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, godzilla said:

i'm in the top 5% wealth earners.

So how many illegals do you employ? Nannies, gardeners, fruit pickers, maids, house cleaners, etc... Does the cost of hiring people to do those things go down when the Dems bring in millions of illegals? 

How many rental units do you own? Do the rents go up when the Dems bring in millions of illegals? 

Now we know. Thanks. 

13 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Answer that one question: who benefits from millions of illegal immigrants coming across the border?

I'll make this easier for you. Who benefits when the cost of hiring nannies, gardeners, fruit-pickers, house-cleaners, maids, etc goes down? 

How many of those people do you employ? How much money do you save on their wages every year? 

How many slum housing units do you own gz? When the rent goes up, how much does it help your bottom line, dummy?

Are low-income Americans helped by illegal immigration? Do they like it when wages go down and the cost of their housing goes up? 

Another hint: Do lower wages help you? Do higher rents help you? Do those things help Nancy Pelosi? Do those things help low-income Americans? 

I'm also gonna ask you this in advance, because I know it's gonna be necessary: Why were you unable to answer the questions above? 

I'm even gonna answer that last question for you, because you won't: You couldn't answer the question because the answer is definitive proof of who the Dems are really working for: wealthy Americans

Employers benefit from illegal immigrants.

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

So how many illegals do you employ? Nannies, gardeners, fruit pickers, maids, house cleaners, etc... Does the cost of hiring people to do those things go down when the Dems bring in millions of illegals? 

How many rental units do you own? Do the rents go up when the Dems bring in millions of illegals? 

Now we know. Thanks. 

um. i'm Canadian. i said that. i do B2B IT consulting work.

3 minutes ago, godzilla said:

So who benefits from bringing in millions of illegals, genius? Poor people or rich people?

Who are the Dems helping, smart guy?

Who are they submarining?

Tick, tock... 

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

So who benefits from bringing in millions of illegals, genius? Poor people or rich people?

Who are the Dems helping, smart guy?

Who are they submarining?

Tick, tock... 

indeed, richer people will benefit from cheaper labor... but regular Americans should be richer! they shouldn't have to compete with immigrants for jobs! thats messed up!

like everything its not a black and white issue. new immigrants tend to vote DNC because they know the autocratic rhetoric from where they come from. and immigrants are necessary for the US since US native population is declining. declining population means NEGATIVE ECONOMIC GROWTH.

again, anytime you want to cite major policy where the GOP that targets the working poor... still listening!

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

indeed, richer people will benefit from cheaper labor...

So Pelosi is helping herself. Thanks.

but regular Americans should be richer! they shouldn't have to compete with immigrants for jobs! thats messed up!

But some of them aren't. Right? Millions of them. 

You can supply your own reasons for why some Americans can't get great jobs - call them losers if you want - but those people do exist, and it's the Dems who pretend to be their champions. 

Are Dems really their champions, or are they lying to the vast majority of their own voters?

like everything its not a black and white issue. new immigrants tend to vote DNC because they know the autocratic rhetoric from where they come from.

Wrong. You know that's a lie. 

New illegals vote DNC because DNC get the illegals in. Legal immigrants aren't loyal to the Dems. 

and immigrants are necessary for the US since US native population is declining.

That's not why 8M illegals were allowed to cross by Biden. Stop lying. 

declining population means NEGATIVE ECONOMIC GROWTH.

Illegal immigrants are basically a slave class. They work for almost nothing and live in dangerous slums. So, yeah, they do help the economy, Mr Nice Guy.

again, anytime you want to cite major policy where the GOP that targets the working poor... still listening!

By closing the border, thereby keeping wages higher, and keeping low-income housing affordable. 

Listen to lower-income Americans: they say that they had money when Trump was POTUS, now they don't. Simple as that.

31 minutes ago, Rebound said:

IMG_0675.thumb.jpeg.6e0cc60c64aa2c80ca3fe056539d0271.jpeg

Was that a confession? You're on a roll today. 

Edited by WestCanMan

13 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

New illegals vote DNC because DNC get the illegals in. Legal immigrants aren't loyal to the Dems. 

"illegals" can't vote.

That's not why 8M illegals were allowed to cross by Biden. Stop lying. 

"Stop lying" he says after stating a figure that is most certainly a lie. lol

By closing the border, thereby keeping wages higher, and keeping low-income housing affordable. 

Nominal wages have increased under Biden despite him apparently letting 100 billion people in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

In Canada the liberals are the party of the rich, not the conservatives.

Your op was just silly imaginary nonsense combined with a bit of revisionist history

Certainly trudeau has been the one to use those techniques - beware the rich, beware the religious, beware the unvaccinated, etc etc. But historically in Canada it's not really a big part of either party's repitoire. Thats new with trudeau, and a LITTLE with paul martin (soldiers in our streets. we're not making this up) .

we've had 8 years of left wing woke ideology driving the country. How's that been working out for us.

The years before that under harper were very prosperous despite the greatest recession since the 20's.

Crime is up. Divisions are up. Interest is up. Inflation is up. blood pressure is up. quality of life is down, international reputation is down, gdp per capita is down, business investment down.

Yeah. Think i'll stick with those 'evil conservatives' of yours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Apparently ^oblivious to the FACT that Trump benefits GREATLY from all the undocumented immigrants working at his properties.

This Is How Trump Relies on Undocumented Labor for His Resorts

“If you’re a good worker, papers don’t matter,” one former employee said

35 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

"illegals" can't vote.

Eventually they do. Dems make sure of it.

"Stop lying" he says after stating a figure that is most certainly a lie. lol

It's not "a lie", it's an estimate.

A lie would be "8,023,165". 

8M is an estimate, and it's one that Nikki Haley and Ron DeSantis both used. 

No one knows how many illegals have enetered the US because it's a gigantic shitshow right now:

https://homeland.house.gov/2023/10/26/factsheet-final-fy23-numbers-show-worst-year-at-americas-borders-ever/

• FACTSHEET: FINAL FY23 NUMBERS SHOW WORST YEAR AT AMERICA’S BORDERS—EVER

• The annual numbers proved just as catastrophic. In FY23, CBP recorded more than 2.4 million encounters at the Southwest border and more than 3.2 million encounters nationwide. 
  • at least 1.7 million known gotaways have evaded apprehension since FY2021

So how many illegals entered the US now, chihuahua? Don't lie - make sure your figure is exact

Nominal wages have increased under Biden despite him apparently letting 100 billion people in.

Don't pretend to understand what this chart from WA shows, and don't bother wracking your teensy brain to understand it, just know that the same thing is happening to you as always:

ScreenShot2024-02-07at2_42_29PM.thumb.png.4004d5d8bbe210b4ddb69eea20e571e8.png

Geez, who was that superstar Prez in 2016-2020? 

https://www.governing.com/finance/wages-are-rebounding-but-purchasing-power-is-far-off

• Wages Are Rebounding, but Purchasing Power Is Far Off

• The gap between wage growth and inflation was at its widest in the third quarter of 2022, but, since May, pay has been rising faster than inflation. However, workers’ wages aren’t set to recover their loss of purchasing power until the end of next year.