Jump to content

the real lie of the GOP


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, godzilla said:

its an age old gag for "conservatism" in the US... that "conservatives" aren't conservative at all. they are just another vehicle for the richest of the population to get richer and a lot of it directly from tax payers.

the gag goes like this... get people all riled up about some imaginary enemy ("social conservatism")... gays, "wokeness", immigrants, abortion. the issue doesn't really matter, it used to be something else, the actual issue can be switched on a dime. this works mostly with uneducated rural types. just keep repeating that they are in danger and they will believe it. now the center of the GOP support, the uneducated rural types are already pissed that they've missed the "american dream" economically because GOP policies mean they've been getting more poor for 40 years. they need someone to blame. get them to blame gays and immigrants!

studies show that people who suffer more from black and white thinking lean "conservative". and so these people are targeted by the business status quo.

Political Ideology and Black-and-White Thinking

and then have a god like cult figure like Trump to push these people over the edge. a cult like figure that will attack the faceless evil. save the country from "wokeness". while only making them more and more... poor!

Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (no Jobs there!)

"under the Act individuals and pass-through entities like partnerships and S corporations would receive about $1.125 trillion in net benefits (i.e. net tax cuts offset by reduced healthcare subsidies) over 10 years, while corporations would receive around $320 billion in benefits. The CBO estimated that implementing the Act would add an estimated $2.289 trillion to the national debt over ten years"

"Bloomberg News reported in January 2020 that the top six American banks saved more than $32 billion in taxes during the two years after enactment of the tax cut, while they reduced lending, cut jobs and increased distributions to shareholders."

meanwhile, Democrats continue as always to support unions and working people. no one can point to ANY policy evidence that the GOP support working people. they only support business and promise "economic trickle down" except that that hasn't been working for 40 years.

as a business owner here in Canada... Trudeau has not made it easy for me. because i control the corporation from which i make money, my effective tax rate went up from 8% to 11%. poor working stiffs have to pay a minimum of 17%! but i'm aware that the happiest societies are those where the wealth gap is smallest.

Income Inequality Makes Whole Countries Less Happy

and with that wealth inequality destroys democracies... because it leads to concentration of power.

I have often believed that Trump is nothing more than another Con Man like the ones who used to travel the back roads of rural America towing a big carnival tent and a few dozen old folding chairs , a one shop printing press and some hootch moonshine to spike the punch.  He sets up and begins printing out flyers for The Biggest Preaching and when he draws the inevitable crowd, and they drink up the spiked punch, he begins telling them all their troubles can be fixed by " rattling' the cages of them boys in Washington". and if you send HIM there, why he will fix it in no time because ONLY he knows the ONE WAY to fix it....God told him so.   Meanwhile he and his partner, A weather-beaten old faced liar Dr McGinkle who will sell you SUCH a TONIC that will cure your rheumatism and really improve your life, only $1 (or as much as he thinks he can squeeze) A bottle, All Proceeds Going To Get Me, YOUR FRIEND to Congress where I will shake down their doors for you my friends...".  These cons were regularly caught by county Sheriff's and Police, so who next was on the Con's list of devils? The PO..lice...Defund the POlice.  " and next " The Justice System heeds changing",  Yeah, right...but Donald it only works on uneducated people....and a good  part of the country have 4 year degrees or have a strong combination of a professional background and certificates in various related fields equalling the same.  How does the Preacher get rid of these strong leaders? Next he picks on Unions because they keep wages high for the best workers, those who have good work  backgrounds and some beyond high school education, A certificate . Many with bachelor degrees also get certificates, the more you have, the better the money you can make so you eat normal does and beans for years to get them. Its the Union workers, and the degree people working together who kept this country strong, but Con Men, they see such strength as an obstacle to their Con Game....and the sad thing is, A lot of down home good honest plain people get ripped off by these Cons, who...when they cease to be of value to the Con, get tossed under the bus....and He denies knowing you. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

In Canada the liberals are the party of the rich, not the conservatives.

Your op was just silly imaginary nonsense combined with a bit of revisionist history

Certainly trudeau has been the one to use those techniques - beware the rich, beware the religious, beware the unvaccinated, etc etc. But historically in Canada it's not really a big part of either party's repitoire. Thats new with trudeau, and a LITTLE with paul martin (soldiers in our streets. we're not making this up) .

 

feel free to cite policy/law that refutes it!

i don't even follow much Cdn politics lately... but i will say again, that Trudeau raised my corporate taxes. at the same time, he raised child benefits. is that a pro business "conservative" policy? and i know this because my wife gets full child benefits because my company accountant makes it look like we are poor!

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

we've had 8 years of left wing woke ideology driving the country. How's that been working out for us.

The years before that under harper were very prosperous despite the greatest recession since the 20's.

Crime is up. Divisions are up. Interest is up. Inflation is up. blood pressure is up. quality of life is down, international reputation is down, gdp per capita is down, business investment down.

thanks for proving my point! that "social conservatives" eventually believe that their financial problems are associated with social issues that have nothing to do with the economy. are interest rates up because of wokeness? is inflation, gdp and business investment down because of wokeness? i should be able to look that up in some economics text book right? what a joke.

is crime up because of wokeness? is that what police organizations are saying across the country? do tell.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Caswell Thomas said:

I have often believed that Trump is nothing more than another Con Man like the ones who used to travel the back roads of rural America towing a big carnival tent and a few dozen old folding chairs , a one shop printing press and some hootch moonshine to spike the punch.  He sets up and begins printing out flyers for The Biggest Preaching and when he draws the inevitable crowd, and they drink up the spiked punch, he begins telling them all their troubles can be fixed by " rattling' the cages of them boys in Washington". and if you send HIM there, why he will fix it in no time because ONLY he knows the ONE WAY to fix it....God told him so.   Meanwhile he and his partner, A weather-beaten old faced liar Dr McGinkle who will sell you SUCH a TONIC that will cure your rheumatism and really improve your life, only $1 (or as much as he thinks he can squeeze) A bottle, All Proceeds Going To Get Me, YOUR FRIEND to Congress where I will shake down their doors for you my friends...".  These cons were regularly caught by county Sheriff's and Police, so who next was on the Con's list of devils? The PO..lice...Defund the POlice.  " and next " The Justice System heeds changing",  Yeah, right...but Donald it only works on uneducated people....and a good  part of the country have 4 year degrees or have a strong combination of a professional background and certificates in various related fields equalling the same.  How does the Preacher get rid of these strong leaders? Next he picks on Unions because they keep wages high for the best workers, those who have good work  backgrounds and some beyond high school education, A certificate . Many with bachelor degrees also get certificates, the more you have, the better the money you can make so you eat normal does and beans for years to get them. Its the Union workers, and the degree people working together who kept this country strong, but Con Men, they see such strength as an obstacle to their Con Game....and the sad thing is, A lot of down home good honest plain people get ripped off by these Cons, who...when they cease to be of value to the Con, get tossed under the bus....and He denies knowing you.

spot on. i would add... Donald Trump is a condo salesman!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

feel free to cite policy/law that refutes it!

Refutes which?

Quote

i don't even follow much Cdn politics lately... but i will say again, that Trudeau raised my corporate taxes. at the same time, he raised child benefits. is that a pro business "conservative" policy? and i know this because my wife gets full child benefits because my company accountant makes it look like we are poor!

Trudeau is a liberal.  Not a conservative. So it wouldn't be a 'conservative' policy no matter what. 

The liberals like to take money with one hand and give it back with the other because people feel they're 'dependent' on that child cheque now and might not vote conservative if the cpc says they'll do things different, even if they'd actually have more money with the cpc's plan. Carbon tax is an example of that too.

 

 

Quote

hanks for proving my point! that "social conservatives" eventually believe that their financial problems are associated with social issues that have nothing to do with the economy

Yeah - nobody actually said anything like that. I"m afraid you might be getting confused.

Quote

are interest rates up because of wokeness? is inflation, gdp and business investment down because of wokeness?

Yes, according to the bank of canada and many other financial banks and economists who've written articles about it recently.

One of the main 'woke' policies is excessive and historic immigration.  When justin took over for example we were around 230 k a year - we're now at about a million a year. We do not build enough homes for that, our food supply chain doesn't adapt that quick, and other resources are sucked up by that.  It's a huge increase to our consumer needs each and every year

As economists have pointed out - immigration is in fact a main cause of inflation (which causes interest rate rises), It is directly resutling in our lower gdp per capita which absolutely is directly impacting our quality of life.

Did you not know this?

Quote

i should be able to look that up in some economics text book right? what a joke.

You can. And you're the joke kiddo :)

Quote

is crime up because of wokeness? is that what police organizations are saying across the country? do tell.

It is.  In 2017 justin proposed and passed a law that said it was too unfair to keep criminals locked up even if they were multiple offenders or violent and they had to be immediately granted parole. The criminal is the victim is very woke. This has lead to a MASSIVE upsurge in violent crimes - with some of the more horrific cimes of last year committed by people out on parole after committing crimes earlier that day or the day before.  The police chiers and provinces have begged trudeau to change the law but... that would be so mean to the criminals right?

 

dude.   THat was absolutely pathetic. if you want several articles on each of those no problem but a 2 second web search will produce a craptonne. 

And you didn't know this? Sunny ways has created MOST of our problems.

Sigh. This is why canada can't have nice things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Refutes which?

Trudeau is a liberal.  Not a conservative. So it wouldn't be a 'conservative' policy no matter what. 

The liberals like to take money with one hand and give it back with the other because people feel they're 'dependent' on that child cheque now and might not vote conservative if the cpc says they'll do things different, even if they'd actually have more money with the cpc's plan. Carbon tax is an example of that too.

 

 

Yeah - nobody actually said anything like that. I"m afraid you might be getting confused.

Yes, according to the bank of canada and many other financial banks and economists who've written articles about it recently.

One of the main 'woke' policies is excessive and historic immigration.  When justin took over for example we were around 230 k a year - we're now at about a million a year. We do not build enough homes for that, our food supply chain doesn't adapt that quick, and other resources are sucked up by that.  It's a huge increase to our consumer needs each and every year

As economists have pointed out - immigration is in fact a main cause of inflation (which causes interest rate rises), It is directly resutling in our lower gdp per capita which absolutely is directly impacting our quality of life.

Did you not know this?

You can. And you're the joke kiddo :)

It is.  In 2017 justin proposed and passed a law that said it was too unfair to keep criminals locked up even if they were multiple offenders or violent and they had to be immediately granted parole. The criminal is the victim is very woke. This has lead to a MASSIVE upsurge in violent crimes - with some of the more horrific cimes of last year committed by people out on parole after committing crimes earlier that day or the day before.  The police chiers and provinces have begged trudeau to change the law but... that would be so mean to the criminals right?

 

dude.   THat was absolutely pathetic. if you want several articles on each of those no problem but a 2 second web search will produce a craptonne. 

And you didn't know this? Sunny ways has created MOST of our problems.

Sigh. This is why canada can't have nice things.

i was asking for citation to specific policies/laws that "conservative" governments proposed that were clearly designed to help enrich the working class. i'm sure that are some! has Poilievre stated that he would raise child benefits? did he say that child benefits would be slashed for people who derive their incomes from corporations that they own? anything like that? there has to be something. again, i'm not following this much but everyone knows that the working stiffs will get a carbon tax rebate that will offset the carbon tax. sure, its going to need adjustment so as not to affect the wrong people but... or is it that global warming is woke?

i'm going to concede to you on other points that i haven't been following. that excessive immigration can be trouble until the economy adjusts. is all immigration woke? are we not on the hook with our allies when they are being overrun by Syrians and Ukrainians? do we not have international legal obligations?

i'm going to concede about that bail access laws are a problem. one that the current government has now promised to fix. but was it unreasonable that those laws came into place in the first place because of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms? this seems like something right up libertarians allies!

i'm just afraid that just about anything can be labeled as "woke" in certain peoples eyes. its a dog whistle. when its an attempt at human empathy. and yes, we can't always be empathetic, but we can try and if it goes wrong then thats a conversation, thats not a reason to throw power to big business.

again, the op is about how taxed at source is slavery. and that the GOP specifically do not push policy that help taxed at source individuals. they look out for business interests first. the Trump tax cuts! what else did Trump do for taxed at source individuals? there must be something!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, godzilla said:

i was asking for citation to specific policies/laws that "conservative" governments proposed that were clearly designed to help enrich the working class.

You need to be more clear -  back in the day there were many. Income splitting for families, specific tax breaks for kids sports,  tax breaks for trades people as they entered the job market to make it easy for them to buy tools and clothes, and of course significant cuts to taxes   and the handling of the recession could easily get its' own entire post and still scratch the surface.

52 minutes ago, godzilla said:

i'm going to concede to you on other points that i haven't been following. that excessive immigration can be trouble until the economy adjusts. is all immigration woke?

Nothing is "ALL' woke.  Woke generally addresses the motivation behind it or it's effect.  Eliminating racial bias in hiring people isn't woke - banning whites from applying at all is.

Canada needs a certain level of immigration and traditionally ours is WAY higher than anyone else's per capita and yet far more successful than most other countries.  We've always done it well, since the changes in 2006 we've been nothing short of spectacular.

but when immigration exceeds the capability of our very carefully designed systems and supports to accomodate as well as our infrastructure in homes, medical facilities and staff, educatoin for children, etc  then you get very very serious problems.  Which is what is happening right now.  And that can cause permanent damages to the immigration system AND canada

Quote

i'm just afraid that just about anything can be labeled as "woke" in certain peoples eyes.

Sure, that's a thing. It's a common enough tendency - just like all people on the right are nazis or at the very least 'far right', everything (including math) is racist, and back in the day every social idea made you a commie.

People do that, but it doesn't change the fact that there were nazis, there were commies, and there is racism.

Woke these days tends to refer to anything where the end goal is a social ideology rather than an actual positive result. There's no good reason to bring in 1 million people right now, other than it checks the boxes of some left wing people and groups for various reasons. It's actually causing real harm to at risk groups in canada. Therefore it's "woke'.

I think that unfortunately justin did a LOT of 'woke' things and that canadians are a little fed up with 'woke' for the time being and are desperate for actual positive results which the current batch of left leaders cannot deliver. When you see young people leaving the ndp for hte conservatives things have gotten pretty bad.

 

One can only hope that in the future if the left ever gets a chance to run the country again, they realize that ideology ruins lives as it has here in canada, and that whatever you do it must ALSO produce real beneficial results for the people.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, godzilla said:

um. i'm Canadian. i said that. i do B2B IT consulting work.

Hey Lizzy...Me too. Been a contractor for years now. Its been good too. I've collected a few rental properties and guess what? I'm raising the rents in step with all the Libbie tax increases. They keep spending the nation into a hole...and my rents go up proportionately. Won't be any of these precious "refugees" able to afford my properties.

Wanna rent a house?

giggle...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Hey Lizzy...Me too. Been a contractor for years now. Its been good too. I've collected a few rental properties and guess what? I'm raising the rents in step with all the Libbie tax increases. They keep spending the nation into a hole...and my rents go up proportionately. Won't be any of these precious "refugees" able to afford my properties.

Wanna rent a house?

giggle...

Well you must be an evil international investor cabal then - i hear they're the ONLY reason rents are going up.  :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Well you must be an evil international investor cabal then - i hear they're the ONLY reason rents are going up.  :) 

Oh most certainly. Hell my wife even inherited a house in Europe.

Man we have the cabal of the century. This year...the cabal has to replace all the heating in the Euro-house because...the EU has made coal way too expensive. Her mother still lives there and is lucky we can afford the upgrade and pay her bills for her. A lot of the elderly over there are not so lucky. But hey...they get to freeze.

Wait...maybe that's not a good thing...eh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Hey Lizzy...Me too. Been a contractor for years now. Its been good too. I've collected a few rental properties and guess what? I'm raising the rents in step with all the Libbie tax increases. They keep spending the nation into a hole...and my rents go up proportionately. Won't be any of these precious "refugees" able to afford my properties.

Wanna rent a house?

giggle...

and so you're ok that corporations and those who derive their incomes from corporations pay little to no tax, right? that taxed ar source slaves pay so much personal tax? i haven't paid any personal tax for decades.

you're ok with that?

news flash... you're not a rural poor. if in fact you derive your income from a corporation and you support pro-business "conservative" policies then you're smart. they work for you.

Edited by godzilla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, godzilla said:

and so you're ok that corporations and those who derive their incomes from corporations pay little to no tax, right? that taxed ar source slaves pay so much personal tax? i haven't paid any personal tax for decades.

you're ok with that?

news flash... you're not a rural poor. if in fact you derive your income from a corporation and you support pro-business "conservative" policies then you're smart. they work for you.

I don't make the laws. I just operate within them. I also happen to know that this ongoing swansong that large corporations don't pay taxes and do not benefit the tax payer is...bullshit. Its always been...bullshit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

I have often believed that Trump is nothing more than another Con Man like the ones who used to travel the back roads of rural America towing a big carnival tent and a few dozen old folding chairs

But why do you believe that caswell?

What you believe is nothing to the rest of the world if you have no good reason to believe it, right?

There's a graph of wages vs inflation on the previous page. It literally shows where Trump grew wages well above inflation, at a level that doesn't exist at any other time on that chart.

Why don't you "believe" it when you lived it? The proof was all around you. It was there on payday (or the day you collect your pension chq). It was there when you gassed up. It was there when you bought groceries. It was there when you tried to plan a holiday. It was there when you had to buy shoes. It was there when your grandkids were trying to buy their first car or rent their first apartment. 

You were immersed in it, caswell, yet somehow you didn't believe it. 

You could fall out of a boat, drowning, and not believe that you were in the water if Anderson Cooper said so, cazzy. 

Didn't you notice when inflation was completely outstripping wage growth in 2022 and 2023? 

Again, you were immersed in proof of it all, and yet again you somehow managed to not notice it

Don't tell me what you believe, caswell, because what you believe and what real-world observations tell you are completely detached. You only believe, or at least you only repeat, what you see on CNN. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I don't make the laws. I just operate within them. I also happen to know that this ongoing swansong that large corporations don't pay taxes and do not benefit the tax payer is...bullshit. Its always been...bullshit.

do you derive your income from a corporation? as well as a land owner, mister "when taxes go up i just pass it on to my renters"? because if you are then the op isn't about you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, godzilla said:

do you derive your income from a corporation? as well as a land owner, mister "when taxes go up i just pass it on to my renters"? because if you are then the op isn't about you.

I'm an IT contractor who was sharp enough to buy some properties before the prices soared.

So I guess I derive my income from both.

Your OP says...

Quote

the gag goes like this... get people all riled up about some imaginary enemy ("social conservatism")... gays, "wokeness", immigrants, abortion. the issue doesn't really matter, it used to be something else, the actual issue can be switched on a dime. this works mostly with uneducated rural types. just keep repeating that they are in danger and they will believe it. now the center of the GOP support, the uneducated rural types are already pissed that they've missed the "american dream" economically because GOP policies mean they've been getting more poor for 40 years. they need someone to blame. get them to blame gays and immigrants!

Now...Lizzy...tell me...has Brandon allowed millions of people flood the USA under the guise of "asylum"?

Has Brandon's spent the USA into a deep hole that's been teetering on recession his whole term?

Has Brandon's policies driven the cost of fuel up and thus aggravated inflationary pressures?

Did Brandon surrender to Terrorists in Afghanistan, contrary to what many in the military advised?

Does the world see Brandon as week and ineffectual?

And...

Did Brandon tie a really nonsensical immigration bill together with billions that you cannot afford, destined to fight 2 wars that are really none of the USA's business?

You claim conservatives are "uneducated rural types".

Jr...its actually Twits like you who are the dopes. You make dumb-ass assertions...you create chaos and destruction...then you proceed to blame conservatives...based on dim-witted assertions that fall apart under the slightest of scrutiny.

Thus...you fail...over and over again.

But hey...at least y'all got ta post trash about dem "uneducated rural types".

Edited by Nationalist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I'm an IT contractor who was sharp enough to buy some properties before the prices soared.

So I guess I derive my income from both.

Your OP says...

Now...Lizzy...tell me...has Brandon allowed millions of people flood the USA under the guise of "asylum"?

Has Brandon's spent the USA into a deep hole that's been teetering on recession his whole term?

Has Brandon's policies driven the cost of fuel up and thus aggravated inflationary pressures?

Did Brandon surrender to Terrorists in Afghanistan, contrary to what many in the military advised?

Does the world see Brandon as week and ineffectual?

And...

Did Brandon tie a really nonsensical immigration bill together with billions that you cannot afford, destined to fight 2 wars that are really none of the USA's business?

You claim conservatives are "uneducated rural types".

Jr...its actually Twits like you who are the dopes. You make dumb-ass assertions...you create chaos and destruction...then you proceed to blame conservatives...based on dim-witted assertions that fall apart under the slightest of scrutiny.

Thus...you fail...over and over again.

But hey...at least y'all got ta post trash about dem "uneducated rural types".

gee, no need to call me names.

the poor uneducated rural vote has captured the GOP. i didn't say those who are rich and educated aren't also conservative. they should be... its in their best interest. but its not in the best interest of the poor uneducated. there are no good jobs coming to them from the traditional GOP. and MAGA might be eating the traditional GOP.

as i stated in the OP. if you are rich then you vote with the business class. if you're poor and you vote with the business class then you're a sucker. and the business class will use whatever social hot button ruse (LGTBQ grooming, replacement theory etc etc) to convince them that the country is going to hell. when its not. it continues to hum along just like the business class wants... with the rich getting richer and the poor getting more poor.

wealth inequity is off the charts in the US. it creates a ruling class. the US supreme court did not stop dark money from financing politics. its all pay to play. but again, MAGA may be changing the rules and eating the GOP.

Edited by godzilla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

gee, no need to call me names.

the poor uneducated rural vote has captured the GOP. i didn't say those who are rich and educated aren't also conservative. they should be... its in their best interest. but its not in the best interest of the poor uneducated. there are no good jobs coming to them from the traditional GOP. and MAGA might be eating the traditional GOP.

as i stated in the OP. if you are rich then you vote with the business class. if you're poor and you vote with the business class then you're a sucker. and the business class will use whatever social hot button ruse (LGTBQ grooming, replacement theory etc etc) to convince them that the country is going to hell. when its not. it continues to hum along just like the business class wants... with the rich getting richer and the poor getting more poor.

wealth inequity is off the charts in the US. it creates a ruling class. the US supreme court did not stop dark money from financing politics. its all pay to play. but again, MAGA may be changing the rules and eating the GOP.

OK maybe I've gotten a little sensitive to all the fecal tossing that goes on.

What is wrong with MAGA? To have the government actually do what's best for the public instead of themselves and their doners?

BTW...I started from less than nothing. My family cut me loose and I never asked them for anything. I made what I have put together on my own. I have no problem with gay folks (my one son is gay) but I do not like things like "Trannie Story Time".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, godzilla said:

thanks for proving my point! that "social conservatives" eventually believe that their financial problems are associated with social issues that have nothing to do with the economy. are interest rates up because of wokeness? is inflation, gdp and business investment down because of wokeness? i should be able to look that up in some economics text book right? what a joke.i

This is a beautiful point.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

But why do you believe that caswell?

What you believe is nothing to the rest of the world if you have no good reason to believe it, right?

There's a graph of wages vs inflation on the previous page. It literally shows where Trump grew wages well above inflation, at a level that doesn't exist at any other time on that chart.

Why don't you "believe" it when you lived it? The proof was all around you. It was there on payday (or the day you collect your pension chq). It was there when you gassed up. It was there when you bought groceries. It was there when you tried to plan a holiday. It was there when you had to buy shoes. It was there when your grandkids were trying to buy their first car or rent their first apartment. 

You were immersed in it, caswell, yet somehow you didn't believe it. 

You could fall out of a boat, drowning, and not believe that you were in the water if Anderson Cooper said so, cazzy. 

Didn't you notice when inflation was completely outstripping wage growth in 2022 and 2023? 

Again, you were immersed in proof of it all, and yet again you somehow managed to not notice it

Don't tell me what you believe, caswell, because what you believe and what real-world observations tell you are completely detached. You only believe, or at least you only repeat, what you see on CNN. 

Yes, detached from your insanity .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Yes, detached from your insanity .

You need to grow a set of testicles caswell. 

You need to man up and start noticing what's happening around you instead of just taking CNN's word for it.

CNN is not your friend, caswell. Fox might be your friend, today, but that doesn't mean they still will be at some point in the future, so you have to take what you see on Fox with a grain of salt as well.

Right now, you are not a free-thinking adult. You take opinions from CNN like a bird gets its worms from its mommy. 

Polling data is real. Americans feel like they had more money under Trump and they are right. Basic freedoms eroded under Biden. Freedom of the press is shrinking. Free speech is going the way of the dodo. The FBI are committing crimes and influencing elections right now and your alarm bells aren't going off because you're such a muppet.

I get that you may feel like the dems'/CNN's version of authoritarianism suits your fancy right now, but when they go against you, you'll suddenly look back on all the signs that you willingly missed before with the deepest of regrets.

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

You need to grow a set of testicles caswell. 

You need to man up and start noticing what's happening around you instead of just taking CNN's word for it.

CNN is not your friend, caswell. Fox might be your friend, today, but that doesn't mean they still will be at some point in the future, so you have to take what you see on Fox with a grain of salt as well.

Right now, you are not a free-thinking adult. You take opinions from CNN like a bird gets its worms from its mommy. 

Polling data is real. Americans feel like they had more money under Trump and they are right. Basic freedoms eroded under Biden. Freedom of the press is shrinking. Free speech is going the way of the dodo. The FBI are committing crimes and influencing elections right now and your alarm bells aren't going off because you're such a muppet.

I get that you may feel like the dems'/CNN's version of authoritarianism suits your fancy right now, but when they go against you, you'll suddenly look back on all the signs that you willingly missed before with the deepest of regrets.

As I have said ad nauseum I am and vote Independent. Frankly I hope Nikki Haley wins the Republican ticket. I think the shock of being President is too much for 76+ year olds. What we need are younger viable candidates, and if neither the Republicans nor Democrats can supply them, perhaps some new Parties could form to present more choices. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,742
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    CrazyCanuck89
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • DACHSHUND went up a rank
      Rookie
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      First Post
    • aru earned a badge
      First Post
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • User earned a badge
      Posting Machine
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...