Women and Queerand Minorities ONLY - straight white men need not apply at University of Waterloo.

7 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

You think it was an accident of chance that white males were favoured and there were never any systemic issues in Canada?  

You haven’t seen any evidence yet?

I think the phenomenon of discrimination in Canadian workplaces has been well established, don’t you?

We're talking about meritocracy which never discriminated against anyone.

2 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

I had initially considered Mexico, but Cuba does seem interesting as well.

My penchant for the Philippines is more based on my wife being Filipina, and me speaking Tagalog, however. Also, we invested heavily in the Philippines already, with a goal on retiring early via business and real estate ownership.

Its just insane the amount of people who leave for similar reasons.

Yup taking our taxes and fing off.

My biggest problem is that we always intended to give each kid a house here. Now they're even waffling. One wants to go to Texas, one wants to go to Amsterdam, and the third...is on his way to becoming a fire fighter. He'll probably wind up in Guelph or Barrie or somewhere like that.

21 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I literally don’t want to be Canadian or live in Canada anymore.

keep calm & carry on

British is not a race

British is not a place

British is the Glorious Revolution to found the modern liberal state

British North American Loyalists, Guardians of Confederation

after every dark age, there comes a renaissance

thus we have a duty

to keep the torch lit and hold it high

for some future generation we will never meet

bydand

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Your claim is that there was never any employment discrimination in Canada until recently when it has been discrimination against white males?

Oh bearded one...let's say there was discrimination. I mean quite honestly...there was. Over the decades that's subsided to a great degree. But when was the last time a business here advertised that any denomination need not apply?

I would be as insulted by this, were they singling out anyone...you even.

And that's a big reason I left liberalism. You can't do the inexcusable and parade about like your saving the world. Actions like this childish BS, only exhibit a complete lack of real morality. Instead they exhibit a "sliding" morality. A "variable" morality. 

In other words...no foundation for real morality.

Edited by Nationalist

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

let's say there was discrimination. I mean quite honestly...there was.

I agree.  This fact is very well established and seems obvious to most.  But, your fellow conservative posters do not seem to agree. 

business

The posting was for a government job, not a business.  Correct me if I’m wrong on that. 

You can't do the inexcusable and parade about like your saving the world. Actions like this childish BS, only exhibit a complete lack of real morality. Instead they exhibit a "sliding" morality. A variable morality. 

Some could say that it’s the moral thing to do to correct the “mistakes” by balancing the representation in the public service. 

I’m not making that argument, but I think they would have as much moral high ground to make that argument as you do for your argument to do nothing.  

Edited by TreeBeard

57 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

I agree.  This fact is very well established and seems obvious to most.  But, your fellow conservative posters do not seem to agree. 

The posting was for a government job, not a business.  Correct me if I’m wrong on that. 

Some could say that it’s the moral thing to do to correct the “mistakes” by balancing the representation in the public service. 

I’m not making that argument, but I think they would have as much moral high ground to make that argument as you do for your argument to do nothing.  

Some would be wrong. Two wrongs do not make a right. And to retain a real sense of morality would strengthen the position. 

I did not like it when my people did it and I will not do it under any circumstances. 

That's why Libbies fail. Eventually their cross-eyed ideas bite them in the ass.

"OH wouldn't it be wonderful if nobody's feelings ever got hurt? If we could accommodate any, every, all who society has slighted over the decades...centuries...millennia?"

Well...the answer to that is "NO". See...humans operate to a large degree on instinct. Natural reactions to stimuli. When you try to impose rules contrary to human instinct, you're doomed to first produce a mess, and then eventually complete failure.

Not that man doesn't evolve socially. We do. But it takes time. It must happen organically. And it was...

Until an army of Gawd Damn nerds decided to scream in all our ears about how shameful we are and insist we do really dumb...and immoral...shit.

Stop trying to dictate to society.

Edited by Nationalist

52 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

One wants to go to Texas

One of my nieces wanted to go to Texas, but my sibling is about as far left as I can tolerate--so harshly talked her out of it. She (the niece), doesn't have a woke bone in her, so am secretly happy about it. She believes in work ethic and self-improvement. I told her I would let her visit us in the Philippines.

I introduced her to her, as she reminds me of my niece. Probably best decision I've made.

6 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

could it possibly be that he has earned a Phd in mathematics along with a BS in Mining engineering and is a published author? Nahh.. 

If he's earned it, then what exactly is the argument you're looking for? People should be hired based on merit, not their skin colour.

By the same Token... No one should be turned away because of skin colour either. As in these postings, indicating whites may not apply. It's simply obnoxious reverse racism plain and simple. 

What these race based hirings do is fill out the ledger on some beaurocrat's spreadsheet, so they can feel good about themselves. Them, and the Uni and hospital administration as well. All admin positions in these orgs are white dominated. Because they are the sons and daughters of wealthy elites in our country, who got them those cushy jobs. Whom are also, white dominated. Which is why they're falling apart...

But you, po little whiy-boah, are goin down.

;) 

Edited by OftenWrong

5 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

One of my nieces wanted to go to Texas, but my sibling is about as far left as I can tolerate--so harshly talked her out of it. She (the niece), doesn't have a woke bone in her, so am secretly happy about it. She believes in work ethic and self-improvement. I told her I would let her visit us in the Philippines.

I introduced her to her, as she reminds me of my niece. Probably best decision I've made.

Meh...I know this is shallow but, we have some friends that, he's a big newfie and she's a tiny little pillipino. Ho ho hooo...that little general has my buddy running in two directions at once.

They bought a Hobbie farm on a small island in the Philippines. That lasted 1 year. Her own family tried to screw them out of the land...so they sold it.

I may visit there someday...but I certainly won't smoke a dube there... ;)

On 2/6/2024 at 11:42 AM, Perspektiv said:

"Teacher, the AI is defective on the robot."

"Seems fine to me."

"It's telling me that it's an elephant, but it is just a 3-lb bipedal robot."

"Then it's an elephant. Stop calling it a robot or you'll be suspended."

"I shoulda gone to U of Guelph."

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

You think it was an accident of chance that white males were favoured and there were never any systemic issues in Canada?  

I think the phenomenon of discrimination in Canadian workplaces has been well established, don’t you?

Stop trying to make it about me.  I never said anything about accident of chance or systemic anything.  I am asking you to prove that when a minority or a woman is passed up, it must be due to discrimination.  This is the claim you made, so you need to back it up.

Maybe many years ago, there was systemic racism.  But in today's world, I'd say there is little to none, at least officially.  If you want to allege racism or discriminatory hiring practice, which is today's political climate is a very serious accusation, you better be prepared to corroborate it.  You can't just point to something like, "oh, a white guy is hired even though there were minority applicants" and claim that discrimination has happened.

23 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

DEI programming and jobs, as well as all unfair hiring practices (including in the name of boosting some identity groups but not others). must be outlawed immediately. It’s unconstitutional and destroys morale and merit.

In China, India and all around the world they're just trying to excel, in Canada and the US we're only focused on elevating checkmarks into positions of authority and power.

Look at who our PM and POTUS are... 

Those guys aren't there because they're good at anything, they're there because they're good at virtue signalling and blowing sunshine up the arses of women and minorities. 

If you erased all of your memories of Trudeau hollowly pandering to women, minorities, terrorists and race-baiters what would be left? Would you have any valuable Trudeaupian wisdom to dispense? Any memories of our country succeeding due to his foresight, integrity and strength? Honestly, there'd be nothing left to remember him by but vax-Naziism and a few international embarrassments. His legacy will be diminishing our international image from a nation of selfless peacekeepers to the inventors of racism, genocide and colonialism.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

Maybe many years ago, there was systemic racism.  But in today's world, I'd say there is little to none, at least officially. 

We probably agree on this. 

16 minutes ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

You can't just point to something like, "oh, a white guy is hired even though there were minority applicants" and claim that discrimination has happened.

Except we already agreed that it did happen, even if it may not be happening now.  

So you don’t think the government should try and fix what took place in the past?  Hypothetically, if there is still a 20% unbalance (too many white men) due to past discrimination, should they not try and rectify that?  Not by firing those who benefitted from the discrimination but by hiring the ones who were discriminated against for jobs that open up.  

That's not even a thing that happened, dummy. Where's your evidence of that?

Your examples of women being bypassed are things like "They set the standards too high for women to get into the police, fire dept and military". 

How do they do in MMA, dummy? Boxing? They get destroyed by trans-people of the same bodyweight, but on avg men are much bigger. A better comparison would be a 187-lb male and a 155-lb female. Do you wanna see that fight? The most elite female MMA fighters wouldn't be able to beat an avg 187-lb guy. 

Can women carry wounded soldiers around? Can they carry hoses up a ladder? Can they slam 40-lbs of ordnance into the breech of a gun mounting as fast as a man can? Can they go into a home where a man is beating his wife and separate them?

Just stop it, we already know that you're stupid. 

Is Kamala Harris not the most over-promoted human in the USA not named Joe Biden?

Where's your evidence of all the systemic racism? How many of the kids coming out of Baltimore are ready to compete for spots in Harvard?

Gimme a break.

None at all.

If there was a mountain of qualified candidates that aren't white men then why do they have to exclude white men? 

Have you never seen Asian profs in College? In BCIT I had Chinese and Indian profs and that was back in 1992. 

No, it hasn't. Not at all. Unless you're talking about discrimination against white men

Racism is GOOD now!!

- the left.

21 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

We probably agree on this. 

Except we already agreed that it did happen, even if it may not be happening now.  

So you don’t think the government should try and fix what took place in the past?  Hypothetically, if there is still a 20% unbalance (too many white men) due to past discrimination, should they not try and rectify that?  Not by firing those who benefitted from the discrimination but by hiring the ones who were discriminated against for jobs that open up.  

Your "rectification" means current white males, who did not discriminate against anybody, are discriminated against.  You seem to think contemporary white males are the same as white males from the past.  You are punishing living white males for what white males of prior generations did.

2 minutes ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

Your "rectification" means current white males, who did not discriminate against anybody, are discriminated against.  You seem to think contemporary white males are the same as white males from the past.  You are punishing living white males for what white males of prior generations did.

And what will those white males think of the people who pushed them aside and discriminated against them? Namely the minorities and alphabet mafia.

They will think that 'maybe we better band together against them seeing as they're out to get us".

And then white supremacy rises and prejudice rises and people are more divided.  But - the woke don't care.

There's ways to increase a populations' representation  without discrimination.  But these people want to PROMOTE discrimination and then desperately claim that discrimination is bad later.  Sorry folks - you gotta pick a lane.

27 minutes ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

You are punishing living white males for what white males of prior generations did.

Probably.  It’s similar to any reconciliation of past wrongs.  The current people are the ones to pay the restitution for past wrongs.  

4 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

It was fair when women and visible minorities were passed over in favour of white males?

Racism isn’t fair.  It doesn’t matter what the races are.  Nice try.  You’re desperately looking for white supremacists, huh?   Try calling anyone who disagrees with you “alt right”.   It works pretty well in media.

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Her own family tried to screw them out of the land...so they sold it.

If you go to the Philippines without street smarts, you will be taken for a ride and then some.

Go to any developing country, and you'll get some degree of what they call the "gringo price", the "foreigner tax", or whatever. Look like a sucker going to such countries, and they'll take you and bleed you dry. Locals will assume you're rich, so won't feel any remorse about it.

My wife got screwed by a cousin who she allowed to rent at one of our properties for free. We had a store she was running, and she to add insult to injury, stole over 5 grand from us citing "slow sales". I didn't trust that relative of hers, but its the wife's family so I stayed out of it, as I trust the wife.

Filipinos are hospitable by nature. A glaring weakness, that is easily exploited by family whom they are trying to help.

We recently opened a restaurant we hired staff to run for us, and I told her we were opening this one my way. CCTV cameras, contract on the property,  free WIFI so we could reach staff on whatsapp, paper trail, etc.

Rent for free or at cost, and there's a contract.

Don't mix family with business, and you'll be just fine.

I had a cab driver try to hustle me in Manila--your best weapon wherever you travel--learn as much of the basic native tongue as you can.

I politely called him out on his high cost, asking if he had a meter in tagalog. The price went back to normal, real quick.

6 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

If you go to the Philippines without street smarts, you will be taken for a ride and then some.

Go to any developing country, and you'll get some degree of what they call the "gringo price", the "foreigner tax", or whatever. Look like a sucker going to such countries, and they'll take you and bleed you dry. Locals will assume you're rich, so won't feel any remorse about it.

My wife got screwed by a cousin who she allowed to rent at one of our properties for free. We had a store she was running, and she to add insult to injury, stole over 5 grand from us citing "slow sales". I didn't trust that relative of hers, but its the wife's family so I stayed out of it, as I trust the wife.

Filipinos are hospitable by nature. A glaring weakness, that is easily exploited by family whom they are trying to help.

We recently opened a restaurant we hired staff to run for us, and I told her we were opening this one my way. CCTV cameras, contract on the property,  free WIFI so we could reach staff on whatsapp, paper trail, etc.

Rent for free or at cost, and there's a contract.

Don't mix family with business, and you'll be just fine.

I had a cab driver try to hustle me in Manila--your best weapon wherever you travel--learn as much of the basic native tongue as you can.

I politely called him out on his high cost, asking if he had a meter in tagalog. The price went back to normal, real quick.

Lol...I lived in Prague for almost 10 years. The wife is Czech and I worked at our embassy there. Pulled over a cab one night and asked how much to go home. The cabbie tried the "foreigner price" thing on me. I got out and flagged down the cab right behind the dumb shit. 

Edited by Nationalist

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

Lol...I lived in Prague for almost 10 years. The wife is Czech and I worked at our embassy there. Pulled over a cab one night and asked how much to go home. The cabbie tried the "foreigner price" thing on me. I got out and flagged down the cab right behind the dumb shit. 

You'd do fine in the Philippines as a no nonsense no BS type of person. I have zero tolerance for BS, so I adapted quickly and kept away from drama.

My wife's family is humble, so never had an issue with 95% of them. Only ones I did, screwed over the wife, but would be hard-pressed to get me. You will get the odd people with what I tell the wife, have "village people mentalities". "Borrow" them money, you'll never get it back. Open that door, they'll treat you like BPI (Bank of the Philippines Islands).

Their word means nothing. They literally act like rats. Eat, and feel entitled to your plate. Crab like in their mentality, in that they never want to grow, and if you do, will do all in their power to pull you back down, or attempt to tar your name via intrigues and drama. 

Most Filipinos are humble, god fearing and highly hospitable people. They make it worth the trip. 

4 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Your claim is that there was never any employment discrimination in Canada until recently when it has been discrimination against white males?

That's your claim. Stop using weasel words Meritocracy is always preferred by real organisations.

The OP is talking about an on organisation that has degenerated into a woke parody of it's former self.