As Kids, They Thought They Were Trans. They No Longer Do. (or why it's ok for parents to question)

18 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

It's possible someone could have their genitals removed and still feel as much like a man and of course could continue to present as such. It really depends on the individual, which is why a blanket statement like " Its physically impossible to change genders. Period." is incorrect. And of course there's a difference between gender identity (how one feels), gender expression (how one presents) and gender perception (how one is preceived).

So it both is and isn't at the same time -  maybe i was wrong in my reply to eyeball and it really IS shrodinger's dick - it can both be a factor and not a factor at the same time until it's measured :)  LOL :)

well if you're going to make that statement then  @Perspektiv was correct to say that you can't change your gender just by changing your physical attributes.

I think you're trying to eat your cake and still have it here, and it's just not working. I guess maybe it depends on your definition of gender (and i've heard a few proposed) but at the end of the day it would seem that he was correct in that you can't change gender just by changing physical characteristics.

Edited by CdnFox

6 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

So what you stating is that mental health treat DOES NOT work. Well sir i call bullshit...i think the truth is some where in the middle here, but to state the ONLY successful treatment is surgery is false news....It has long been believed that gender dysphoria is a mental health issue and should be treated as such... 

I have no issues when they become adults do what ever they want to their bodies, as long as it is not on the taxpayers dime , it is a personally chose or personally enhancement...as for puberty blockers I'm sorry i'm not there yet, i don't believe they should be used on children period...

So, the law says you cannot have gender re-assignment surgery until you are an adult. You cannot have puberty blockers without a physician saying it is needed and that requires consent of parents. 

So, what are you arguing about?  You support the status quo and nobody is opposing you. 🤪

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

So, the law says you cannot have gender re-assignment surgery until you are an adult. You cannot have puberty blockers without a physician saying it is needed and that requires consent of parents. 

So, what are you arguing about?  You support the status quo and nobody is opposing you. 🤪

I have said i don't agree with the current status of puberty blockers, given to children, I also think it should all be a personal expense to have any of it...I also don't agree with your statement that surgery is the only cure for gender dysphoria. When it clearly is a mental health issue that should be treated as such...  

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

I have said i don't agree with the current status of puberty blockers, given to children, I also think it should all be a personal expense to have any of it...I also don't agree with your statement that surgery is the only cure for gender dysphoria. When it clearly is a mental health issue that should be treated as such...  

How else would you treat it? Has it ever been successful? It is as futile as conversion therapy.

7 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

This is the type of voter that is targeted by such legislation.  

I told my friend what Alberta was planning to do about banning bottom surgery and she strongly agreed.

Then I explained that the surgery isn't being done and she was utterly befuddled.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Yes, your presumption that you do is always funny.

LOL says the guy who clearly doesn't know what diametrically means :) 

Awww little guy - you're always so cute when you try to think :) Like a puppy chasing it's tail :)

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

How else would you treat it? Has it ever been successful? It is as futile as conversion therapy.

The same way you treat any mental health injury,...Yes millions of cases have been solved....So says you, have you gone through it? and if so what did you find problems with ? 

6 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

The same way you treat any mental health injury,...Yes millions of cases have been solved....So says you, have you gone through it? and if so what did you find problems with ? 

I do know several people who have undergone GRS and none have regretted it. There was one individual in the news who regretted it but when you consider the hoops one has to jump through, all designed to avoid such an outcome. The Menard clinic in Montreal requires a patient to live at the clinic for a full month before surgery, to undergo exhaustive analysis to ensure the surgery is truly what they need. 

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I'm really not - i also have no interest in explaining quantum physics to my dog.

I'm pretty sure your dog knows a back peddle when he sees it. But I'm not surprised English is as complicated as quantum physics to you.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

I'm pretty sure your dog knows a back peddle when he sees it.

Sure he does - he reads your posts all the time :)

Probably has a better understanding of what diametrically means as well :)   

Edited by CdnFox

3 hours ago, Black Dog said:

And of course there's a difference between gender identity (how one feels), gender expression (how one presents) and gender perception (how one is preceived).

Sure, the world over doesn't care about the first two.

The latter is basically how the world instinctively will see you. This is biology. 

Unless you're gorgeous and highly passable, most will instinctively know you're trans at first glance. If they see you naked, it will be known the moment they see your genitals, or hear you speak.

Proving you can't change your gender no matter how hard you try. 

A guy getting their d*** ripped off, is still a man. The lack of a penis doesn't make him a woman. A woman with a mastectomy.

Heck, hollowing out his crotch and adding breast implants and facial surgery, doesn't make him a woman, either.

People will be polite and play along, but the elephant in the room will be there for the world to see. 

My sweeping statement is accurate. You can't change your gender. Its impossible. 

You can only surgically make yourself look as close as possible to being a woman, but want to get pregnant, to breastfeed. To have a period, ovulate, all of these things. Impossible. 

Weak argument is pointing out how some women don't have periods. Don't have pregnancies. Correct, but they are still biological women.

What you're doing is trying to sell me a Fiero with a Ferrari kit and a muffler making it sound the same, and arguing there are no differences.

There are plenty of differences. I own a brothel, I already know the dimes, who are 18-29, will be the bestsellers.

The trans women, will be sold like dented cans, at a discounted rate. 

5 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Sure, the world over doesn't care about the first two.

sure man you're right no one cares about how people express gender through clothing. LOL.

The latter is basically how the world instinctively will see you. This is biology. 

Unless you're gorgeous and highly passable, most will instinctively know you're trans at first glance. If they see you naked, it will be known the moment they see your genitals, or hear you speak.

Weird that butch women or effeminate men don't exist in your world.

A guy getting their d*** ripped off, is still a man. The lack of a penis doesn't make him a woman. A woman with a mastectomy.

Heck, hollowing out his crotch and adding breast implants and facial surgery, doesn't make him a woman, either.

People will be polite and play along, but the elephant in the room will be there for the world to see. 

My sweeping statement is accurate. You can't change your gender. Its impossible. 

None of those things have anything to do with gender tho.

You can only surgically make yourself look as close as possible to being a woman, but want to get pregnant, to breastfeed. To have a period, ovulate, all of these things. Impossible. 

Weak argument is pointing out how some women don't have periods. Don't have pregnancies. Correct, but they are still biological women.

Again, nothing to do with gender.

9 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

sure man you're right no one cares about how people express gender through clothing. LOL.

No, the world has two genders. The woke world has limitless. The world couldn't care less about this.

9 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Weird that butch women or effeminate men don't exist in your world.

Am an effeminate man. Butch women. You're literally proving my point. 

Being gender nonconforming doesn't equate being the opposite gender, unless you're woke. 

11 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

None of those things have anything to do with gender tho.

Gender used to be binary. The waters have been murkied, as harder to debate people with "facts" that are ever evolving like types of gender.

2 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Gender used to be binary. The waters have been murkied, as harder to debate people with "facts" that are ever evolving like types of gender.

I think that the problem is this -  People have never been JUST one gender OR the other. Even men have some qualities that are often associated with the female gender - such as compassion for others. And women have some traits associated with male gender as well.

The usual 'difference' is that for the average man they may be (making this up) 90 percent male gender qualities and 10 percent female. ANd vice versa.  but that's the average.

Someone realized that some people are more like 80 percent male and 20 percent female. And decided for some reason to call this a new 'gender'.  But it's not - it's still just a mash up of the usual two.  And then 70 30 is a new gender and 60 40 etc etc.  Then it just got silly and 63.4 is a new gender and is totally different than 63.5.  Now there's billions of genders!

No, it's the same two genders.  It's just that people are a combination of two different genders and every combination is a little different. It's more like a sliding scale but it's still between two genders.

Just now, Perspektiv said:

Its just annoying having that pseudo intellectual now "educating" me about gender because of these types of policies.

LOL - well sure.  And Mike will claim there's no 'ideology' around gender :)

What really honks me off is that the story always changes - that community will go from 'gender is based on biology' to biology has nothing to do with it to gender is a construct to you're born with your gender it's who you are and can't be changed, etc etc etc.

Everyone is "gender fluid" if the definition of gender itself is fluid :)  

And they frequently mix and match sex with gender.  "Your gender is not the same as your sex" but - if you say someone's sex is male you're misgendering them or if you say 'male' on the birth certificate it's not a statement of fact, it's an 'assigned sex'.