Poll Shows Canadian Immigration Attitudes Hardening - even among immigrants

1 hour ago, DUI_Offender said:

That may be true, but we have to limit the number on immigrants until we catch up on housing units, schools, hospitals, and infrastructure that the new Canadians will need. Admitting 2.3 million people in Canada since January 2022 was just foolish.

We need to cap the number of people coming into the country at 350,000 until we have the ability to support them.

This is true - but i don't think he would disagree with that based on his other statements.

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Poverty breeds crime.   What are the poorest and thus most crime riddled areas in the GTA?  And who lives there?  Seems like a lot of refugees.  If you don't speak English and are unskilled and poorly educated you and your family will likely be poor.

Many immigrants can speak English and are educated and aren't poor and don't commit crime.  My doctor is from Pakistan.

The Devil is in the details. Let's get some details on what specifically is being said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

The Devil is in the details. Let's get some details on what specifically is being said.

Why don't you get the details? You know - i notice you never actually contribute a thing. You will come on and say more information is needed, or demand others provide it, or question information provided but you never actually provide any of  your own and in fact rarely even make a logical argument whether it's cited or not. You basically just critisize and run, and if someone does provide the data you shut up and slink off to the corner rather than discuss it

Are you unable to do that kind of low level research on your own? Do you not know how? I'd love to see you fully informed, if you require i'd be more than happy to teach you some basic skills so you don't have to rely on others to spoon feed you info - just let me know.

On 12/31/2023 at 10:06 PM, CdnFox said:

So this is across all parties and even among immigrants themselves.  Virtually every group no matter how you break it down feels that immigration is too high.

In winter, Canada is a cold country.

Most lazy people don't want to live here. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DUI_Offender said:

That may be true, but we have to limit the number on immigrants until we catch up on housing units, schools, hospitals, and infrastructure that the new Canadians will need. Admitting 2.3 million people in Canada since January 2022 was just foolish.

Can't disagree with that. Precisely why I wouldn't vote for Trudeau for the next go around.

5 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Sure that would be great.

It's on blackbird who clearly implies that we shouldn't bring some people from India.

What is the suggestion here?

Brief Google check says that screening and background checks are in place.

https://www.cicnews.com/2023/06/the-security-screening-process-for-canadian-immigration-0633387.html

Others here have posted on this also.  So if we already screen then what's the suggestion?  From the post it seems like it's a blanket ban on people from that country.

People have also said that about Muslim countries, and the USA did that in practice for a while recently.

I haven't done an analysis, but I do know that we had people who were so-called old stock Canadians mass murdering Muslims.  I do know that those crimes get less coverage than Islamist threats.

18 hours ago, blackbird said:

How about the Air India bombing and around 300 lives lost?  Would that count?

Yes if you are doing an analysis.  Would you like to do that?  That would mean doing more than just remembering incidents over the last 40 years, you know that right?

Edited by Michael Hardner

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

es if you are doing an analysis.  Would you like to do that?  That would mean doing more than just remembering incidents over the last 40 years, you know that right?

I don't need to "do an analysis" to make a comment or express and opinion on here.  I doubt you do much study or analysis before making a comment.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

From the post it seems like it's a blanket ban on people from that country.

If you want to avoid trouble in the future, you need to widen your thinking and consider what certain religions believe in their extreme ideologies and what having them in large numbers can lead to.  This is very basic.  Just look at their history and what they are doing in other parts of the world and you will realize what you may be dealing with.  The idea that Liberals and left have that just bringing anybody into Canada and forcing them to make a declaration that they will be loyal to the Queen and obey the laws, etc. just won't cut it.  That is not how the real world works.  Or telling them that Canada is a "multicultural" country and we have certain principles means nothing to these people.  They simply follow their own religion and that can have extremist elements in it that can lead to serious problems as we see now with the struggle for Khalistan with the Indian government and the results of that, all happening in Canada.  Why should Canadians have to put up with that here?  Because Trudeau loves to bring in people he knows will be a solid voter base.  That's why it is happening and probably why you like it too.

However, it may be too late now as large numbers of these people are already here.  They are here physically but mentally many still live where they came from.  Why do you think we have the huge demonstrations recently for Hamas and Palestinians?

Edited by blackbird

11 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I don't need to "do an analysis" to make a comment or express and opinion on here.  I doubt you do much study or analysis before making a comment.

Translation:  

"The only thing that matters is how I FEEL about something, and what muh Bible says. Those pesky numbers and history and science and all that don't matter!"  

🤡

Canada would not allow immigrants in here from Europe or the U.S. if the Immigration department knew they were members of what Liberals thought were right wing nationalists or patriots of some kind so why does Canada bring immigrants in who belong to a religion with extremist ideologies?  Canada brings them in by the hundreds of thousands.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Translation:  

"The only thing that matters is how I FEEL about something, and what muh Bible says. Those pesky numbers and history and science and all that don't matter!"  

🤡

Look in the mirror.  Facts don't matter to you.  You love to make personal attacks but avoid the subject entirely too.

17 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

"The only thing that matters is how I FEEL about something, and what muh Bible says.

You sure like to demean yourself by fighting against our Creator and Almighty God.  You probably think you are not, but the truth is when you attack someone for believing in the Bible, you are really showing your ignorance of God and the meaning and reality of creation and eternity.  You must think you are some kind of accident of chemicals and will just go into oblivion when you die.  Far from it.  After death is the judgment.

"7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. "

Proverbs 1:7 KJV

So the conclusion is, you need to go and buy yourself a King James Bible (1611) and begin studying it.   You need to find a way of digging yourself out of the quicksand in which you are sinking.

Edited by blackbird

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Look in the mirror.  Facts don't matter to you.  You love to make personal attacks but avoid the subject entirely too.

Facts matter to me.  That's why I don't wave Bible quotes at people as a substitute for knowledge and reasoning on the topics at hand.  🤡

39 minutes ago, blackbird said:

1. I don't need to "do an analysis" to make a comment or express and opinion on here.  I doubt you do much study or analysis before making a comment.

2. If you want to avoid trouble in the future, you need to widen your thinking and consider what certain religions believe in their extreme ideologies and what having them in large numbers can lead to.  This is very basic. 

3. Just look at their history and what they are doing in other parts of the world and you will realize what you may be dealing with. 

4. The idea that Liberals and left have that just bringing anybody into Canada ... 

5. However, it may be too late now as large numbers of these people are already here.  They are here physically but mentally many still live where they came from.  Why do you think we have the huge demonstrations recently for Hamas and Palestinians?

1. If I'm proposing a sweeping and fundamental change to economic policy then, yes, I do a little thinking on it beforehand.

2. Why wouldn't we treat every religion the same ?  Do you think that there's something endemic in some religions that poisons their character so we should absolutely not allow them to come to Canada ?  I don't think that there is any evidence for that whatsoever.  We have had these discussions on here for over TWENTY YEARS.  Nobody has rationalized a belief that a certain subgroup of humans is so irredeemable that they should be banned.

3.  No.  Your rationale is not as objective as you think it is.  I don't think it's worthwhile spending time to convince you otherwise.  I submit that any rationale you submit could be (and sometimes is) applied to Christians.  I would be just as much against barring Christians or any demographic group from entering Canada on a subjective criteria such as this.

4. ...and Conservatives don't forget

5.  They're allowed to have opinions and express them just as Canadian Jews who have never set foot in Israel are. 

Tolerance is difficult.  I understand why you feel the way you do but I just don't agree, sorry.  I have gone through plenty of posts and evidence too.  It just doesn't fly.  I have already posted on here the PEW research that shows Muslims fall away from their faith at the same rate as other religions in an open society.  That flies in the face of your argument IMO.

22 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. Why wouldn't we treat every religion the same ?  Do you think that there's something endemic in some religions that poisons their character so we should absolutely not allow them to come to Canada ?  I don't think that there is any evidence for that whatsoever.  We have had these discussions on here for over TWENTY YEARS.  Nobody has rationalized a belief that a certain subgroup of humans is so irredeemable that they should be banned.

Your answer shows you don't really know what you're talking about.   

The answer is yes, there are some religions that are poison.  If you haven't notice that in your many years in this world, you have had some kind of liberal blinders on.   I don't need to point the facts out to you.  You should realize that yourself.  I think you know that is a fact but are just in denial;  you are preaching the liberal line.

25 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. If I'm proposing a sweeping and fundamental change to economic policy then, yes, I do a little thinking on it beforehand.

I never said I don't do some thinking before I post something.  You now changed your tune.  You were talking about an analysis which sounds like I need to go to university and obtain a degree before I comment on something.  You are being deceptive on here.

40 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Facts matter to me.  That's why I don't wave Bible quotes at people as a substitute for knowledge and reasoning on the topics at hand.  🤡

No, facts don't matter to you.

When I am speaking about Biblical facts or quoting the Bible, that is a certain type of wisdom which is beyond you.  I am not talking or debating the the laws of thermo dynamics.  Many topics at hand have to do with Biblical truth, not science or the laws of gravity.

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

When I am speaking about Biblical facts or quoting the Bible, that is a certain type of wisdom which is beyond you.

The Biblical facts you speak about aren't actually facts, to start, and you don't understand the lessons contained within regardless.  You are the definition of a bad Christian, fully lacking in the grace and charity the Bible teaches.   You don't spread the Good Word.  You just shout and rage against people who don't think like you.  

46 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

The Biblical facts you speak about aren't actually facts, to start, and you don't understand the lessons contained within regardless.  You are the definition of a bad Christian, fully lacking in the grace and charity the Bible teaches.   You don't spread the Good Word.  You just shout and rage against people who don't think like you.  

Actually, your comments prove what I am saying is true.   The Jewish scribes and pharisees treated Jesus in a bad way because they thought he was a fake or as you put it a "bad Christian".  It just adds more evidence I must be on the right track although I know I am not perfect and fall short in many ways.  You have the false notion that a good Christian should only say kind things that agree with your false ideas.  You are dead wrong.

47 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Actually, your comments prove what I am saying is true.   The Jewish scribes and pharisees treated Jesus in a bad way because they thought he was a fake or as you put it a "bad Christian". 

So you're saying you're like Jesus.  Got it.  🤣

On 1/1/2024 at 10:12 AM, Moonbox said:

All good points, but the solutions are not simple.  You need politicians (and a population) willing to embrace some short-term discomfort to make the changes necessary.  When all we are getting from our leaders (from any side) are hot-takes and platitudes, and a willfully uninformed population that responds to nothing but outrage and grievances, thats the sort of leaders we get. 

As we're so often told though this is what we want or else we'd have done something about it...like we were Gazans or something.

17 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Being an opponent of the Bible, you make yourself more like the opponents of Jesus.

I'm not an opponent of the Bible.  I grew up with it, and my grandfather was a Minister for (get this) the Anglican Church and it's wonderful King James Bible.  My father grew up in a rectory.  

That's how I know that you're not actually a good Christian trying to spread the Word, but rather a clueless buffoon pretending to be. 

4 hours ago, blackbird said:

1. The answer is yes, there are some religions that are poison.  If you haven't notice that in your many years in this world, you have had some kind of liberal blinders on.   I don't need to point the facts out to you.  You should realize that yourself.  I think you know that is a fact but are just in denial;  you are preaching the liberal line.

2. I never said I don't do some thinking before I post something.   

3. You were talking about an analysis which sounds like I need to go to university and obtain a degree before I comment on something.  You are being deceptive on here.

1. Except that you haven't done any kind of analysis.  You are simply looking at terrorism in the news and saying "aha, Muslims again".  Somebody here used to do that, so I said "why not just do that with black people" and he reported me to the moderator as racist.  This actually happened.

There is no way to separate out cultural causes and situational variables from the religion.  And I posted evidence which you did not acknowledge: Muslims lose their religion at the same rate as others.  

2. You said this about ME "I doubt you do much study or analysis before making a comment." and I responded that indeed I do.

3. I'm not being deceptive if you interpret something from my words that I didn't intend.  

55 minutes ago, eyeball said:

As we're so often told though this is what we want or else we'd have done something about it...like we were Gazans or something.

Is it better to just complain and do nothing, and hope that someone else takes pity and solves your problems for you?  

Edited by Moonbox

33 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I'm not an opponent of the Bible.  I grew up with it, and my grandfather was a Minister for (get this) the Anglican Church and it's wonderful King James Bible.  My father grew up in a rectory.  

That's how I know that you're not actually a good Christian trying to spread the Word, but rather a clueless buffoon pretending to be. 

Your relatives might have known somewhat more than you, although it is hard to say without knowing exactly what they believe.  There are lots of apostate churches around.

You whine about me using the Bible in past posts and now try to hide behind your religious relatives. Your own words were " That's why I don't wave Bible quotes at people as a substitute for knowledge and reasoning on the topics at hand."

Could get much more anti-Bible than that.