A Catastrophic Climate ‘Tipping Point’ Is Imminent

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Funny you're not calling for serious actions against them seeing as this is so serious.  Why - it's almost like it's not THAT important to you...... 

He probably goes to Chinatown for dinner... in a pandemic.

In other words not so smart.

But hey

thank god for the darwin awards

7 hours ago, Deluge said:

How long have we got, professor? 

And I don't want any of that "It's imminent" bullshit. Give me the year. 

After you give the year, give me the event. What will we be dealing with? 

This YEAR. Extreme weather events. How many times do you need to be told?

As Earth’s climate changes, it is impacting extreme weather across the planet. Record-breaking heat waves on land and in the ocean, drenching rains, severe floods, years-long droughts, extreme wildfires, and widespread flooding during hurricanes are all becoming more frequent and more intense.

Human actions since the Industrial Revolution, primarily the burning of fossil fuels, have caused greenhouse gases to rapidly rise in the atmosphere. As carbon dioxide, methane, and other gases increase, they act as a blanket, trapping heat and warming the planet. In response, Earth’s air and ocean temperatures warm. This warming affects the water cycle, shifts weather patterns, and melts land ice — all impacts that can make extreme weather worse.

According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)’s Sixth Assessment Report released in 2021, the human-caused rise in greenhouse gases has increased the frequency and intensity of extreme weather events. NASA’s satellite missions, including the upcoming Earth System Observatory, provide vital data for monitoring and responding to extreme weather events.

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Uhh, yeah. I said climate takes place over DECADES, CENTURIES and MILLENNIA.

You mental lightweights need to learn how to read. Or don't waste my time...

In reality, you said 100 years:

On 1/3/2024 at 11:16 PM, Aristides said:

Still haven't learned the difference between weather and climate.

On 1/4/2024 at 12:08 AM, OftenWrong said:

Yes I do. Climate is a process over 100 years.

Meanwhile you chicken-littles can go hide under the bed when there's a bad thunderstorm. The sky is falling!

;)

And also in reality, THE STANDARD is 30 years for differentiation between weather and climate as I cited from the WMO.

"Of course climate "takes place" over any number of years, but that is NOT the differentiator between weather and climate.

On 1/3/2024 at 1:01 PM, Rebound said:

You are lying. I posted the evidence from nasa. It is fact. 

NASA can easily spread just as much bull chit that anyone else can. Not everything that comes out of NASA's mouth has to be the truth. We all know about the supposed landings on the moon decades ago. Yet, one of NASA's employees once said that it is impossible for anyone to go out in outer space because the radiation is so high it would kill them. 

Seeing that you believe so much that NASA never lies, are you going to call her a liar? Well? 

On 1/3/2024 at 12:35 PM, Aristides said:

Ya, you ignore all the measurements and data compiled by NASA satellites over decades and the scientists on the ground actually measuring rates of glacier melt and latch on to political hacks and snake oil salesmen with no scientific credentials like Marano. You never question their motives and sources because they are telling you exactly what you want to hear. Talk about gullible, you set new standards.

Yet, you cannot refute as to what Marono says, now can you? What proof do you have that Marano is lying? Well? 

On 1/3/2024 at 12:51 PM, robosmith said:

You have no idea what I have, but as usual you imagine you know things about which you haven't a CLUE. LMAO

On 1/3/2024 at 4:52 PM, CdnFox said:

Awwww muffin - you're getting worked up and making stupid statements trying desperately to defend the undefendable, I  know how you get when facts interrupt your echo chamber :)

No, power is not dramatically lower at night. Maybe 3 in the morning - but as california has unfortuantely discovered the need for power tends to peak just after sunset when everyone's home, everyone's airconditioner is on etc. That's why they're having brown outs and black outs trying to rely on solar power as much as they do.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/california-faces-summer-blackouts-from-climate-extremes/

The most precarious window for electricity supply shortages is early evenings, after the state’s robust solar power is no longer working. September is the most potentially problematic month in all of the years examined.

Sooowwwweeee - looks like you wrong again little guy :) 

And worse - evening and night time is when EV's will be charging and that's going to make it even worse as that tech gets adapted.

No, there is not 'sufficient wind' some where in the country at all times.  Sorry that's just not true.  And wind turbines do a LOT of ecological damage. So big nope on that front. Nice try tho ':)

They absolutely would need to substantially replace all carbon emitting forms of power generation and they don't.  And this is before electric cars become the norm.  As a suppliment to hydro or nukes then sure why not but then hydro and nukes would still be the primary sources of power.

Your graph actually shows the problem, and why wind will not be able to produce our power. 

Think about it. Think about how power is needed and how it works.  If you STILL can't figure out the problem, i'll  explain it to you but i'm going to do a fair bit of pointing and laughing :)

I"m trying to be nice in my replies but honestly its pretty hard not to just chuckle at these childish responses.  And there is a reason why they are childish - they are so because you start with an answer and try to work your way back to a question and that ALWAYS makes for bad thinking.

Without a new form of energy storage wind and solar cannot possibly provide for more than a fraction of our power.

California has plenty of blackouts now. Just what until California goes in on all EV'S. No morning cup of coffee for many people. 🤣

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

Yet, you cannot refute as to what Marono says, now can you? What proof do you have that Marano is lying? Well? 

It's up to you and Marano to back up what he says. Uranus's moons are made of frozen jello,  prove me wrong. 

Just now, Aristides said:

It's up to you and Marano to back up what he says. Uranus's moons are made of frozen jello,  prove me wrong. 

Are you a bit stunned?  Marano has already shown climate crazy people like you that this climate crisis nonsense is all just that, nonsense. The moon is made of cheese. Prove me wrong. 😀

Where is Canada suffering from any kind of a real climatic crisis? Give me some good examples? 😇

Well, ae you going to go to China or India and talk to their leaders about their huge amounts of carbon emissions that they release into the atmosphere or not? I am pretty sure that they would very much like to hear what you have to say. 😀

2 hours ago, taxme said:

Are you a bit stunned?  Marano has already shown climate crazy people like you that this climate crisis nonsense is all just that, nonsense. The moon is made of cheese. Prove me wrong. 😀

That's easy, people have been there and brought samples back but you probably don't believe that either.

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

That's easy, people have been there and brought samples back but you probably don't believe that either.

No, i do not believe that anyone has gone to the moon. There have been plenty of people that have questioned those moon landings and if they really did happened at all. They asked pretty good questions also. 

If they did go to the moon, why have all those trips to the moon stopped? By now, several decades later, they should have set up shop on the moon. They have had plenty of time and years to do so. 

As i mentioned already, there was a NASA employee that had said that no one can go into outer space because of the very high and dangerous radiation in outer space. The high amounts of radiation in space would kill them. 

So, who are we to believe now? I will go with what the NASA woman employee said because NASA has not gone to the moon since the last time that they went to the moon. What? did they run out of money? Not very likely. 

What rock samples? The ones that they walked on in some American desert somewhere while making a movie of going to the moon? 

For now, this was just more American bullshit and nothing more. 😇

Edited by taxme
  • Haha 4

On 1/6/2024 at 12:11 AM, robosmith said:

This YEAR. Extreme weather events. How many times do you need to be told?

Was this the first year that there were extreme weather events, robo? 

Was it the first time that there was drought somewhere? Hint: did they have a word for before now...? Would they have a word for it if it never happened before? 

Didn't they have some kind of a heat wave and drought in the 1930s? Does that ring a bell at all, robo?  

Here are a few things for you to think about, buddy:

1. we have more weather data for one day in 2024 than we had for the whole year of 1933
  2. We know the temperature on every square inch of our country
  3. We know where every cloud is
  4. We know the current and temperature at the bottom of most of the oceans and the wind speed and temperature at the top of all of the mountains on earth

FYI when there's a "record" somewhere it's not an "all-time" record, it's a "since we've been tracking it" record, and we haven't been tracking a lot of this data for very long. 

When you're told that "This year was a record for the number of hurricanes in the Atlantic", that doesn't go back to 1930 because in 1930 they had no idea how many hurricanes were starting and petering out in the Atlantic: they only tracked the ones that made landfall. And we haven't had record years for "hurricanes making landfall". There were much busier decades in the past. 

The people who brought you covid hysteria and made you think that your healthy 10 yr olds were in danger know that they can pimp global warming hysteria every time you sweat, shiver, step in a puddle, or watch a newspaper blow across your lawn. 

Pay attention to find out who's lying to you, and then stop paying attention to whoever's lying to you. CNN will never go on in your home again if you do that. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Was this the first year that there were extreme weather events, robo? 

Was it the first time that there was drought somewhere? Hint: did they have a word for before now...? Would they have a word for it if it never happened before? 

Didn't they have some kind of a heat wave and drought in the 1930s? Does that ring a bell at all, robo?  

Here are a few things for you to think about, buddy:

1. we have more weather data for one day in 2024 than we had for the whole year of 1933
  2. We know the temperature on every square inch of our country
  3. We know where every cloud is
  4. We know the current and temperature at the bottom of most of the oceans and the wind speed and temperature at the top of all of the mountains on earth

FYI when there's a "record" somewhere it's not an "all-time" record, it's a "since we've been tracking it" record, and we haven't been tracking a lot of this data for very long. 

When you're told that "This year was a record for the number of hurricanes in the Atlantic", that doesn't go back to 1930 because in 1930 they had no idea how many hurricanes were starting and petering out in the Atlantic: they only tracked the ones that made landfall. And we haven't had record years for "hurricanes making landfall". There were much busier decades in the past. 

The people who brought you covid hysteria and made you think that your healthy 10 yr olds were in danger know that they can pimp global warming hysteria every time you sweat, shiver, step in a puddle, or watch a newspaper blow across your lawn. 

Pay attention to find out who's lying to you, and then stop paying attention to whoever's lying to you. CNN will never go on in your home again if you do that. 

NASA source means 100x ^these OPINIONS.

Edited by robosmith

3 hours ago, taxme said:

No, i do not believe that anyone has gone to the moon. There have been plenty of people that have questioned those moon landings and if they really did happened at all. They asked pretty good questions also. 

If they did go to the moon, why have all those trips to the moon stopped? By now, several decades later, they should have set up shop on the moon. They have had plenty of time and years to do so. 

As i mentioned already, there was a NASA employee that had said that no one can go into outer space because of the very high and dangerous radiation in outer space. The high amounts of radiation in space would kill them. 

So, who are we to believe now? I will go with what the NASA woman employee said because NASA has not gone to the moon since the last time that they went to the moon. What? did they run out of money? Not very likely. 

What rock samples? The ones that they walked on in some American desert somewhere while making a movie of going to the moon? 

Knew it, just another conspiracy nutter.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, taxme said:

Trips to the moon stopped because the US had won the race to get there and no longer wanted to absorb the huge cost for what at the time was considered limited benefits The shuttle and space station became their priority. That decision has been debated ever since.

Four countries have landed spacecraft on the moon. I guess they are all lying about what it is made of. 60 years ago someone from NASA may have said something and you haven't learned anything since. Yes, radiation is an issue in space flight but the space station orbits well above the earths atmosphere and astronauts have spend over a year there with no ill effects. 

That's a problem with you conspiracy nutters, you latch on to something that fits your conspiracy and close your mind to anything else. You claim to be open minded when in fact, you are the opposite.

Edited by Aristides
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, taxme said:

You go to the dermatologist to have an irregular mole analyzed. It's measured and graded and the doctor tells you it's malignant and will have to come off.

The girl at ULTA beauty tells you it looks benign. 

You're the kind of guy who thinks those pieces of advice are equally valid and the un-credible opinion deserves as much weight as the expert evaluation. 

In other words, a dumb guy who's likely going to die when that beauty mark metastasizes. 🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Uh, oh. It's cold outside and it's snowing. Looks like we need to shut fossil fuels down completely and also cut lots of trees down so we can make room for lots of windmills. 

-- the Left

Edited by Deluge
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Aristides said:

Four countries have landed spacecraft on the moon. I guess they are all lying about what it is made of.

And yet the cheeze industry flourished shortly after each landing.  Coincidence?!  COINCIDENCE?!?!?!!?!  I think NOT!!

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Aristides said:

Knew it, just another conspiracy nutter.

So, why has NASA not sent any man missions to the moon since the 60's? Why? Because they never went there in the first place ever since they told us that Armstrong supposedly landed on the moon? Now, i have no proof one way or another, but if NASA has already landed men on the moon, then why so long between then and now? Did they lose interest in going to the moon with more astronauts? 

I know that you believe Covid 19 was for real. I know that you believe that we are in a climate crisis, and i know that you believe that men landed on the moon, but yet you cannot prove that any one of those events were all for real. 

You are just like the average Joe and Mary six pack, a gullible buffoon, that will believe anything that your lying politicians and the MSM tells you is for real without even asking any questions or challenging anything that those two bozos mentioned above says. 

If calling someone a conspiracy nutter just because they dare to question certain events, than go ahead, make your day, but see if i give a crap what you think about me. Who the hell do you think you are anyway? Aristotle? 😁

1 hour ago, taxme said:

So, why has NASA not sent any man missions to the moon since the 60's? Why?

FFS man,  because it's a desolate lifeless barren wasteland devoid of any interesting features or reasons to visit, other than being able to say you did once.

I haven't gone back to moosejaw since the 60's for much the same reason, but that doesn't mean nobody was ever there!

2 hours ago, taxme said:

So, why has NASA not sent any man missions to the moon since the 60's? Why? Because they never went there in the first place ever since they told us that Armstrong supposedly landed on the moon? Now, i have no proof one way or another, but if NASA has already landed men on the moon, then why so long between then and now? Did they lose interest in going to the moon with more astronauts? 

I know that you believe Covid 19 was for real. I know that you believe that we are in a climate crisis, and i know that you believe that men landed on the moon, but yet you cannot prove that any one of those events were all for real. 

You are just like the average Joe and Mary six pack, a gullible buffoon, that will believe anything that your lying politicians and the MSM tells you is for real without even asking any questions or challenging anything that those two bozos mentioned above says. 

If calling someone a conspiracy nutter just because they dare to question certain events, than go ahead, make your day, but see if i give a crap what you think about me. Who the hell do you think you are anyway? Aristotle? 😁

I told you why but as usual you aren't interested in listening. That's the problem with you conspiracy nutters, you don't listen to anything that doesn't agree with your imaginary world. 

11 hours ago, Aristides said:

Trips to the moon stopped because the US had won the race to get there and no longer wanted to absorb the huge cost for what at the time was considered limited benefits The shuttle and space station became their priority. That decision has been debated ever since.

Four countries have landed spacecraft on the moon. I guess they are all lying about what it is made of. 60 years ago someone from NASA may have said something and you haven't learned anything since. Yes, radiation is an issue in space flight but the space station orbits well above the earths atmosphere and astronauts have spend over a year there with no ill effects. 

That's a problem with you conspiracy nutters, you latch on to something that fits your conspiracy and close your mind to anything else. You claim to be open minded when in fact, you are the opposite.

But i am open minded. There is nothing wrong with questioning or challenging anything told to us by either NASA, our politicians or the MSM. Why is there so many silly ass people like you around who seems to think that if someone questions something they somehow are conspiracy nutters? 

If some NASA official told you that the moon was really made out of cheese, would you just go along with it and not question or challenge it? Knowing you of course, you would probably ask NASA as to what kind of cheese is the moon made of. 🤣 And just how would you know if any of those astronauts flying around in space have not suffered from radiation poisoning? They do not have to fall down dead right away. Anyway, believe what you want to believe and so will I.