Scott Moe Cancels Carbon Tax In Saskatchewan

https://twitter.com/PremierScottMoe/status/1719044342579450103

I was not sure whether to post this here or in the federal forum.

As a response to Trudeau axing the heating oil tax (which means nothing for Sask. residents), Premier Scott Moe has decided to get rid of the entire carbon tax in the province himself.

Though making sure Saskatchewan is being treated fairly is what Moe should be doing as Premier, there is no doubt this will seriously harm relations with the federal government.

Trudeau's government started this by going mask-off and admitting they're basically punishing the Prairies for not voting the way they want them to.

46 minutes ago, Canadian_Cavalier said:

https://twitter.com/PremierScottMoe/status/1719044342579450103

I was not sure whether to post this here or in the federal forum.

As a response to Trudeau axing the heating oil tax (which means nothing for Sask. residents), Premier Scott Moe has decided to get rid of the entire carbon tax in the province himself.

Though making sure Saskatchewan is being treated fairly is what Moe should be doing as Premier, there is no doubt this will seriously harm relations with the federal government.

Trudeau's government started this by going mask-off and admitting they're basically punishing the Prairies for not voting the way they want them to.

Wow.  That is seriously ballsy.

Good move on his part - hopefully others will follow. The liberals said the quiet part out loud when they said that "if YOU want a tax break you should vote liberal, we only give it to liberal provinces".

We'll see how that pans out but i wish him luck with that - it's quite true that this is fundimentally unfair to the rest of Canada

Looks like bc may take a page from their book:

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/bc-carbon-tax-home-heating-oil

They're ok with the carbon tax but they want the rebate he's handing out for heat pumps

B.C. cabinet ministers to push Ottawa for joint rebate on electric heat pumps being offered elsewhere

Prime Minister Trudeau announced a three-year pause on the federal carbon tax on home-heating oil in Atlantic Canada, Ontario and the Prairie provinces, along with improved incentives for homeowners to install electric heat pumps.

2 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

lol moe is  always  spouting off.  goodluck to him hope the feds take him to court.. see how smart he is once he offically starts breaking the law lol.

Pretty smart i'd say.  Ask the recently re-elected smith about that :)

Fact is he'll probably win this one. The ndp federally is running scared for whatever reason and totally in the pocket of the libs so they won't stand up without permission from their master and justin is a bit of a coward.  And this isn't stopping there - they really screwed up when they said that if the west wants perks it needs more liberals. That will come back to bite them.  Westerners hate that kind of crap.

John Ivison: The carbon tax is collapsing and could take Trudeau down with it

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/carbon-tax-collapsing-and-could-take-trudeau-down

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Pretty smart i'd say.  Ask the recently re-elected smith about that :)

Fact is he'll probably win this one. The ndp federally is running scared for whatever reason and totally in the pocket of the libs so they won't stand up without permission from their master and justin is a bit of a coward.  And this isn't stopping there - they really screwed up when they said that if the west wants perks it needs more liberals. That will come back to bite them.  Westerners hate that kind of crap.

smith smart? lmao shes a crazy wacko.. anyone who thinks that woman is smart needs to shake there head and please them saying that about the west is the same as harper saying atlantic canada is a culture of defeatism both sides play that Liberals don't like western canada.. and cons dont like us out in east/atlantic canada lol. atleast when we lose the election we take it like men and don't cry or try to make wexit cause our party didn't win federally lol.. westerners are babys.

Edited by Jack9000

1 hour ago, Jack9000 said:

smith smart? lmao shes a crazy wacko..

Two things can be true. :)

anyone who thinks that woman is smart needs to shake there head

Anyone who doesn't needs to ask themselves who the premier is. She had a perfect storm that should have taken her out of power and she dodged it.  Don't think she's stupid just because she panders to the nuts a bit.

and please them saying that about the west is the same as harper saying atlantic canada is a culture of defeatism

It's not even remotely close to the same thing in the slightest. One is an opinon about the state of a region - the other is a threat that if you don't vote our way we will punish you and in a democracy that is utterly unacceptable to the extreme.  A prime minister and the gov't are supposed to act in the best interests of ALL canadians, not just the ridings that voted for them

both sides play that Liberals don't like western canada.. and cons dont like us out in east/atlantic canada lol.

The CPC likes you - mckay was number 2 for ages.   it's the REST of us who don't like you  ;)  LOLOL  (Kidding!)

atleast when we lose the election we take it like men and don't cry or try to make wexit cause our party didn't win federally lol.. westerners are babys.

Says the people who only live because the rest of us hard working people give you equalization hand outs and now tax breaks :P   You're the political equivalent of living in your mommy's basement :) Call me when you've got a real job :) 

But amusing regional jabs aside, this issue will tend to resonate.  The people who like the carbon tax will be very pissed at this, the people who don't will feel ripped off. The CPC will beat them over the head with it being unfair and the left will beat them over the head with it selling out carbon taxes and the environment. We'll see how bad it gets but i swear that guy can't go a month without finding a new hornet's nest to stick his head in,.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Two things can be true. :)

Anyone who doesn't needs to ask themselves who the premier is. She had a perfect storm that should have taken her out of power and she dodged it.  Don't think she's stupid just because she panders to the nuts a bit.

It's not even remotely close to the same thing in the slightest. One is an opinon about the state of a region - the other is a threat that if you don't vote our way we will punish you and in a democracy that is utterly unacceptable to the extreme.  A prime minister and the gov't are supposed to act in the best interests of ALL canadians, not just the ridings that voted for them

The CPC likes you - mckay was number 2 for ages.   it's the REST of us who don't like you  ;)  LOLOL  (Kidding!)

Says the people who only live because the rest of us hard working people give you equalization hand outs and now tax breaks :P   You're the political equivalent of living in your mommy's basement :) Call me when you've got a real job :) 

But amusing regional jabs aside, this issue will tend to resonate.  The people who like the carbon tax will be very pissed at this, the people who don't will feel ripped off. The CPC will beat them over the head with it being unfair and the left will beat them over the head with it selling out carbon taxes and the environment. We'll see how bad it gets but i swear that guy can't go a month without finding a new hornet's nest to stick his head in,.

I have a real job but thanks for you concern and please before you found oil you were nothing but a burdon  on rest of canada lmao funny how you guys now forget that .hope you perpairing for the post oil days. 

also it is t he same thing lmao the cons like harper can attack us but to you it doesn't count only when the liberal attack you.. cry me a river and take it like a man.. I hate to see if trudeau somehow pulled off the election in 2025 you guys would go into meltdown screaming for wexit again lmao.

Edited by Jack9000

5 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

I have a real job but thanks for you concern

Sure - Paper routes are absolutely a real job and they help build character too so you keep going little guy!! :) 

and please before you found oil you were nothing but a burdon  on rest of canada lmao funny how you guys now forget that .hope you perpairing for the post oil days. 

Oil? ummm ...  i'm not an albertan. ROFLMAO -  wow swing and a  miss kiddo :)    But - prior to oil alberta did in fact pull it's own weight in confederation and was hardly a burden.  Wow - you were wrong twice at the same time! Very efficient of you ;) 

How did you screw THAT up so badly? Ohh.... right... forgot where you were from for a minute there. Sorry. :) 

also it is t he same thing

Not remotely close. You'd have to be 7 different kinds of stupid to think it was. If i have to explain the difference between a person who isn't even the prime minister saying that a province has an attitude problem it needs to over come to be successful and the actual gov't saying they'll collect people's taxes but they'll only spend the money on people who vote for them...  well if i have to go over why that's different then i'm afraid you're just not educated enough for this conversation.

I hate to see if trudeau somehow pulled off the election in 2025 you guys would go into meltdown screaming for wexit again lmao.

Oh i think everyone realizes what a dumb thing it was to vote liberal or ndp. Even people as slow witted as the atlantics seem to have figured it out at this point :) I mean, your people are SLOW - but they're not THAT slow... 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Sure - Paper routes are absolutely a real job and they help build character too so you keep going little guy!! :) 

Oil? ummm ...  i'm not an albertan. ROFLMAO -  wow swing and a  miss kiddo :)    But - prior to oil alberta did in fact pull it's own weight in confederation and was hardly a burden.  Wow - you were wrong twice at the same time! Very efficient of you ;) 

How did you screw THAT up so badly? Ohh.... right... forgot where you were from for a minute there. Sorry. :) 

Not remotely close. You'd have to be 7 different kinds of stupid to think it was. If i have to explain the difference between a person who isn't even the prime minister saying that a province has an attitude problem it needs to over come to be successful and the actual gov't saying they'll collect people's taxes but they'll only spend the money on people who vote for them...  well if i have to go over why that's different then i'm afraid you're just not educated enough for this conversation.

Oh i think everyone realizes what a dumb thing it was to vote liberal or ndp. Even people as slow witted as the atlantics seem to have figured it out at this point :) I mean, your people are SLOW - but they're not THAT slow... 

paper route lmao yea okay bud this is why  atlantic canadians don't like you guys out west who defend the cons no matter what you are arrogant and demean  people who live here

• Haha 1

paper route lmao yea okay bud this is why  atlantic canadians don't like you guys out west who defend the cons no matter what you are arrogant and demean  people who live here

You started it sparky :)  If anyone's making people out your way look bad it's you :)   Don't hate me just because i'm better at insults than you are.

Sorry you're getting angry about it - i was finding it quite amusing.  If you don't want to get 'demeaned' don't demean any more and you'll be fine.  If you do then be prepared for others to demean you back :)  

And i can't imagine why you'd think anyone else anywhere in the country would care what someone like you thinks of them :)  That would be like worrying what a beetle's opinion was when you stepped on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Holy crap - the FN's are coming after justin now -

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ontario-indigenous-group-exemption-carbon-tax

Ontario Indigenous group wants exemption to carbon tax

Chief Abram Benedict says policy is unfair to Indigenous communities

That's going to leave a mark.  The FN's will feel trashed by the liberal federal gov't again and this will absolutely cost the Lbs a lot of votes next election.

Whatever he though he was going to win back in the atlantics he just blew

On 10/30/2023 at 5:31 PM, CdnFox said:

We'll see how that pans out but i wish him luck with that - it's quite true that this is fundimentally unfair to the rest of Canada.

The federal government has the right to tax as it wishes.

But Section 92 of our Constitution has always been a problem.

====

Quebec (Legault) may intervene on the side of Saskatchewan (Moe).

What a country!

Edited by August1991

17 hours ago, CdnFox said:

You started it sparky :)  If anyone's making people out your way look bad it's you :)   Don't hate me just because i'm better at insults than you are.

Sorry you're getting angry about it - i was finding it quite amusing.  If you don't want to get 'demeaned' don't demean any more and you'll be fine.  If you do then be prepared for others to demean you back :)  

And i can't imagine why you'd think anyone else anywhere in the country would care what someone like you thinks of them :)  That would be like worrying what a beetle's opinion was when you stepped on it.

I love the downvote on that one. 

Is like... victory   ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

carbon tax will be gone in early 2026 probably anyway once PP wins the only problem is Lets see how many people start whining when there first couple quartley rebates no longer come in  and pricing of living isn't going down  as they hoped.. will PP help them? I doubt it.

Edited by Jack9000

carbon tax will be gone in early 2026 probably anyway once PP wins the only problem is Lets see how many people start whining when there first couple quartley rebates no longer come in  and pricing of living isn't going down  as they hoped.. will PP help them? I doubt it.

Never seen a rebate so I won't miss anything. The carbon tax on my gas bill is now 150% of the cost of the gas. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

Do you have any books out? I mean  - if all you're going to do is write fiction then you might as well get paid for it right? :)  

I think it will be somewhat important to manage how they remove the taxes but prices will go down especially if supply is managed better.

On 10/30/2023 at 4:15 PM, Jack9000 said:

lol moe is  always  spouting off.  goodluck to him hope the feds take him to court.. see how smart he is once he offically starts breaking the law lol.

Why is Moe spouting off? I am in total agreement with Moe. What is wrong with getting rid of the carbon(extra)tax on we the people? Are you just another leftist liberal arse hole here who believes in the more taxes the better. If quebec can use the Not Withstanding Clause to get out of anything that it wants too, then why not Moe? What law will Moe be breaking?

Show me, lefty?