Scott Moe Cancels Carbon Tax In Saskatchewan

On 10/30/2023 at 6:43 PM, Jack9000 said:

smith smart? lmao shes a crazy wacko.. anyone who thinks that woman is smart needs to shake there head and please them saying that about the west is the same as harper saying atlantic canada is a culture of defeatism both sides play that Liberals don't like western canada.. and cons dont like us out in east/atlantic canada lol. atleast when we lose the election we take it like men and don't cry or try to make wexit cause our party didn't win federally lol.. westerners are babys.

I think that it is time for you to go have an IQ checkup, lefty. Your brain appears to be way out of whack, lefty. Smith and Moe good. The liberal Marxist dictator in Ottawa bad. LOL.

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2023 at 12:40 PM, herbie said:

Is Moe the Premier of Saskatchewan or doing his best to be Moe of the Three Stooges?

Another lefty liberal loser. Canada is so full of these lefty liberal losers, loser. LOL. 

On 10/31/2023 at 12:29 PM, Jack9000 said:

paper route lmao yea okay bud this is why  atlantic canadians don't like you guys out west who defend the cons no matter what you are arrogant and demean  people who live here

Imao stands for "in my arsehole opinion". ?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, taxme said:

Why is Moe spouting off? I am in total agreement with Moe. What is wrong with getting rid of the carbon(extra)tax on we the people? Are you just another leftist liberal arse hole here who believes in the more taxes the better. If quebec can use the Not Withstanding Clause to get out of anything that it wants too, then why not Moe? What law will Moe be breaking?

Show me, lefty?

Of course he is - check out the downvotes here alone.  Pathetic.  can't even stand for people to have dissenting points of view, he's got to do what he can to 'cancel' them. 

Guy's a loser.

• Like 1

Yeah what's wrong with crying "Billy got a cookie and "I" didn't wahhh! I'm gonna smash all your dishes" behaviours? It's just so mature.

So Sask stops collecting the Carbon tax, and Ottawa just puts it right back and collects it themselves so Sask govt has no more say.... real smart.
Even smarter when you have no climate plan to substitute for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, herbie said:

Yeah what's wrong with crying "Billy got a cookie and "I" didn't wahhh! I'm gonna smash all your dishes" behaviours? It's just so mature.

So - you're saying you believe that social inequities should be allowed to exist without complaint?

So - if someone were to say "Billy got to keep their culture and I didn't because i was forced to go to a schooo i'm going to smash your dishes waaaaah" -  you would say to that person they're being immature and irrational?

You guys remember when i said the other day a common trick of the left is to pretend that if THEY bring up an issue it's hyper imporant but if you bring up something similar they dismiss it as childish and meaningless :)

It's not right to favour one group for political advantage like that. Taxes are suppose to be equal for everyone and this violates that.

Now - you can carry on with your 'oh shit i better downplay this because my team looks bad" if you like, BUT -  it just makes you a sack of crap hypocrite, it doesn't make your argument stronger.  Your call tho - you ARE a leftie so maybe you like looking like a sack of crap hypocrite.

2 hours ago, herbie said:

Even smarter when you have no climate plan to substitute for it.

It's impossibly to plan climate, all those who try are doomed to failure. Lets have a tax, we'll call it a plan, the half wits will latch on to it as sure as eggs are eggs. then cut it, because we care are hemorrhaging votes.

Edited by Legato

Just now, Legato said:

It's impossibly to plan climate, all those who try are doomed to failure. Lets have a tax, we'll call it a plan, the half wits will latch on to it as sure as eggs are eggs.

You don't need much of a climate plan when the entire country is rebelling against the current one. :)   That's just the way politics works,

But i do strongly suspect that PP will come to the table at election time with a climate plan. And i think the carbon tax will be an albatross around the liberals' neck

30 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Canada is becoming difficult to govern. Quebec was always a problem. Now the fissures are really opening up between East and West. I think provincial premiers have too much power in this country. 

If you think that fissures are JUST NOW opening up between east and west, i can only assume you're either a recent immigrant or just turned 7 :)   Those divisions go back well over 100 years. 

Alberta was polling close to wanting to split before harper got elected and believe it or not BC was polling even higher for it. There's always been fury that the prime minister was elected before the first polls reported in Manitoba. This has been a pretty huge issue for a while and Justin has fanned those flames harder than any prime minister since his father flipped westerners the bird back in the day (literally).

The provinces don't have ENOUGH power.  More power at the local level is what helps STOP division. Division happens when federal gov'ts try to put one size fits all solutions in place over vast regions against the will of the local people.

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

The provinces don't have ENOUGH power.  More power at the local level is what helps STOP division. Division happens when federal gov'ts try to put one size fits all solutions in place over vast regions against the will of the local people.

The problem is that they always want more, at which point a break-up becomes more likely. 

39 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

The problem is that they always want more, at which point a break-up becomes more likely. 

The more they have, the less likely a break up is.  What's the point of breaking up if you already have  what you want?

But when the feds force carbon taxes and gun control and employment taxes and on and on and demand all the provinces do what ottawa thinks is the right thing and destroyes oil and fisheries and fills the provinces with immigrants when there's no homes or medical facilities -    THAT is when people say 'it's time to go'.

If you want to keep canada in one piece then power to the provinces. This will get worse and worse as the west gains population and power.

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

The more they have, the less likely a break up is.  What's the point of breaking up if you already have  what you want?

If they were only fighting the federal govt that might make sense but they are not. There’s increasing competition within provinces to be the most shrill voice. 

3 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

If they were only fighting the federal govt that might make sense but they are not. There’s increasing competition within provinces to be the most shrill voice. 

No there isn't.  Sask and alberta gain points standing up to the feds but that's it really other than quebec which is it's own special case.  The rest will stand p to the feds on specific issues but generally their populations look for harmonious relations if possible

When the feds stay out of provincial affairs and the provinces run their shows seperation anxiety absolutely plummets. That is the key to a successful canada.

We are about 15 to 20 years away from some of the western provinces being truly viable on their own and as that approaches seperation becomes more and more likely.  Especially with a higher percent of immigrants as part of the population who don't have that same inherited sense of 'canada' being one big nation.

16 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Alberta was polling close to wanting to split before harper got elected and believe it or not BC was polling even higher for it.

When push comes to shove, I really doubt any type of separation movement would get anything over 33% in Alberta or BC in an actual referendum. 

Edited by DUI_Offender
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Scott Moe probably drove drunk at least 300 times in his life. He was arrested twice on DUI charges (convicted once), and killed a woman by blowing through a stop sign.  Moe eventually matured, but not before he had to face the consequences of a DUI conviction, which was not nearly as severe in the 90s as it is today.

Rumor has it that he was so drunk that he urinated in his pants while in the back of the squad car.

On 11/5/2023 at 12:41 PM, herbie said:

"Alberta was polling close to wanting to split before harper got elected and believe it or not BC was polling even higher for it. "

And I can post the sky is orange and hope some people believe it's true.

Sure - the difference is everybody knows i look this stuff up before i post, and everybody knows you just make shit up and fail to contribute anything usefull :)

An August 2005 poll commissioned by the Western Standard pegged support for the idea that "Western Canadians should begin to explore the idea of forming their own country." at 42% in Alberta and 35.6% across the four Western provinces[31]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_separatism

I also remember. There were a few polls just before that time before harper was elected leader  - strangely bc actually polled HIGHER than alberta in wanting to seperate.  Things got a little better after harper was elected leader.

So yeah - they were getting pretty close as i said.

But thankfully harper did get to be leader and did win the election and did treat the provinces better - and the bloc was reduced to 4 seats or something and the west calmed down.

But hey - always enjoy another chance to show that i know more than you :)    not that that's anything special.

10 hours ago, DUI_Offender said:

Scott Moe probably drove drunk at least 300 times in his life. He was arrested twice on DUI charges (convicted once), and killed a woman by blowing through a stop sign.  Moe eventually matured, but not before he had to face the consequences of a DUI conviction, which was not nearly as severe in the 90s as it is today.

Rumor has it that he was so drunk that he urinated in his pants while in the back of the squad car.

And?

Is this one of those weird left wing 'debate tricks' where you're trying to create an ad hominem argument without directly saying it?  Sigh.  Well i'm sure that's a very effective technique in elementary school.

15 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Sure - the difference is everybody knows i look this stuff up before i post, and everybody knows you just make shit up and fail to contribute anything usefull :)

An August 2005 poll commissioned by the Western Standard pegged support for the idea that "Western Canadians should begin to explore the idea of forming their own country." at 42% in Alberta and 35.6% across the four Western provinces[31]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_separatism

I

That poll is 20 years old.  Here is a far more recent poll taken in 2023:

Fewer Than One-in-Four Albertans Consent to Full Independence

Support rises slightly if other Canadian provinces join in, but majorities reject all scenarios.

Vancouver, BC [July 7, 2023] – Compared to early 2021, fewer Albertans are openly welcoming the concept of outright sovereignty, a new Research Co. poll has found.

In the online survey of a representative provincial sample, only 22% of Albertans agree with the idea of Alberta becoming a country independent from Canada, down three points since a similar Research Co. survey conducted in February 2021.

Residents of the Calgary Metropolitan Area are more likely to support the notion of a sovereign Alberta (26%) than their counterparts in the Edmonton Metropolitan Area (18%) and all other regions of the province (23%).

While only 9% of Albertans who voted for the New Democratic Party (NDP) in this year’s provincial election favour the idea of Alberta’s independence, the proportion rises to 29% among those who cast ballots for the governing United Conservative Party (UCP).

source; https://researchco.ca/2023/07/07/alberta-separation-2/

Edited by DUI_Offender

6 hours ago, DUI_Offender said:

That poll is 20 years old.  Here is a far more recent poll taken in 2023:

Were you dropped as a child?

I literally said "Alberta was polling close to wanting to split before harper got elected"

That's what we're TALKING about!!!  - 20 years ago!!  Why wouldn't i post a poll from 20 years ago if what we're talking about is how people felt 20 years ago! 20 years ago, before harper got elected, Alberta was polling close to wanting to split. That's the topic of discussion.

And you're complaining i'm not using polling data from today to discuss it?

Look.   My tolerance for stupid isn't all that high to begin with. It would really help if you could at least keep your stupidity to "village 1diot" levels or higher.

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Were you dropped as a child?

I literally said "Alberta was polling close to wanting to split before harper got elected"

That's what we're TALKING about!!!  - 20 years ago!!  Why wouldn't i post a poll from 20 years ago if what we're talking about is how people felt 20 years ago! 20 years ago, before harper got elected, Alberta was polling close to wanting to split. That's the topic of discussion.

And you're complaining i'm not using polling data from today to discuss it?

This is what you wrote:

"We are about 15 to 20 years away from some of the western provinces being truly viable on their own and as that approaches seperation becomes more and more likely.  Especially with a higher percent of immigrants as part of the population who don't have that same inherited sense of 'canada' being one big nation."

In other words, you stated in two posts in the past few hours, that Western Canada is actually closer to separating from Canada than 20 years ago.  I just proved that to be false, as people are less willing to vote for separation now than in 2005. 

Take the "L" champ.

Edited by DUI_Offender

3 hours ago, DUI_Offender said:

This is what you wrote:

No, that's not what i wrote, not in relation to that poll. I wrote what i previously said i did - here it is again:

"Alberta was polling close to wanting to split before harper got elected and believe it or not BC was polling even higher for it. "

That's what i wrote.  That other 1diot replied:

He quoted  what i said specifically.

I replied to that specific post and said  I look things up - and posted the poll.

In other words - now i've got a post to refer to when I call you a liar in the future and you pretend your not.  And everyone can see it.  You think people can't read?

What a piece of sh*t human you are.  You are so literally devoid of self esteem that having made a complete fool of yourself you feel the need to LIE just to try to salvage your ego ON THE INTERNET.   You're such a sad person that even here where no one knows who you are you crumble and debase yourself because you can't cope with being an eff up. 

I can only imagine what you're like in real life. Please offer my condolences to your parents.

3 hours ago, DUI_Offender said:

This is what you wrote:

"We are about 15 to 20 years away from some of the western provinces being truly viable on their own and as that approaches seperation becomes more and more likely.  Especially with a higher percent of immigrants as part of the population who don't have that same inherited sense of 'canada' being one big nation."

In other words, you stated in two posts in the past few hours, that Western Canada is actually closer to separating from Canada than 20 years ago.  I just proved that to be false, as people are less willing to vote for

Oh - and bonus points for your stupidity -  At no time did i say we were closer now than we were before - and the quote YOU JUST POSTED said we're at leaset 20 years AWAY from it.   Seperation would become viable as we APPROACHED that.  So it's got nothing to do with the past.

So you not only lied about what i said - even if you had been correct it woudln't actually mean what you said it did.

LOL - so much for your genius IQ :) 

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

No, that's not what i wrote, not in relation to that poll. I wrote what i previously said i did - here it is again:

That's what i wrote.  That other 1diot replied:

He quoted  what i said specifically.

I replied to that specific post and said  I look things up - and posted the poll.

In other words - now i've got a post to refer to when I call you a liar in the future and you pretend your not.  And everyone can see it.  You think people can't read?

What a piece of sh*t human you are.  You are so literally devoid of self esteem that having made a complete fool of yourself you feel the need to LIE just to try to salvage your ego ON THE INTERNET.   You're such a sad person that even here where no one knows who you are you crumble and debase yourself because you can't cope with being an eff up. 

I can only imagine what you're like in real life. Please offer my condolences to your parents.

It appears that I have broken your brain. You may want to contact your therapist, since I think the medication you are taking is not working.