Scott Moe Cancels Carbon Tax In Saskatchewan

7 minutes ago, DUI_Offender said:

It appears that I have broken your brain.

I assume you're talking to the mirror :)

And as i noted earlier - its easy to see when you believe you've lost an argument and you look stupid.  You fire off a few insults and then crybaby in the corner for a bit :)

20 years ago is not today, 20 years from now is not today.  Pretty simple concepts.  Next time read and think before you post, you'll save yourself a lot of trouble.

You remind me of a calvin and hobbs cartoon -  calvin says "It's not easy being a super genious" and hobbs says "isn't the button and zipper of your pants supposed to be on the front when you wear them?"  :)

Try harder next time super genius :) 

On 11/1/2023 at 8:45 PM, Legato said:

It's impossibly to plan climate, all those who try are doomed to failure. Lets have a tax, we'll call it a plan, the half wits will latch on to it as sure as eggs are eggs. then cut it, because we care are hemorrhaging votes.

I'm rather cynical about climate change, and human motivation to halt the rise in greenhouse gases. Judging by human history, it will take a catastrophic event to bring climate change into the forefront.  Even then, people are so greedy that they would probably kill each other off, rather than make a real effort to change their lifestyles.

7 hours ago, DUI_Offender said:

I'm rather cynical about climate change, and human motivation to halt the rise in greenhouse gases. Judging by human history, it will take a catastrophic event to bring climate change into the forefront.  Even then, people are so greedy that they would probably kill each other off, rather than make a real effort to change their lifestyles.

It's not possible for there to be a catastrophic event - i paid my carbon taxes.  You lefties assured me that would  fix the problem.

Just now, DUI_Offender said:

Actually, I was planning on taking advantage of you, when you were incapacitated from liquor. 

Ahhh - more of your sexual fantasies :)   well,  i suppose that's your coping mechanism for failure, personal and political.  Gotta find some way of dealing with the loss of self worth.

Sorry kid - i'll just have to remain an elusive dream to you.  Apologies for the emotional damage i seem to have caused :)  

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

So refreshing to see provincial Premiers Moe and Smith standing up for their provinces.  

Smith makes a good point that often goes missed by the public - the federal gov't is not 'above' the provinces.  The provincial authority is NOT subject to or granted by federal authority, unlike for example a city which derrives its authority from the powers granted by the province.

So you can't just give orders to the province willy nilly. There is some limitation there.

We might yet see this balloon to a full on constitutional crisis - which would be a hilarious way to end the little potatoe's reign over canada :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Provincial government hasn't made the decision yet. They haven't announced what will happen to our Climate Action Incentive payments. The Federal government sends out the rebate four times a year. If I reduce my personal use of fossil fuels, I get back more than I pay in carbon tax. If the Provincial government follows through with this threat, it is going to cost us money. Now they are considering not collecting the carbon tax but paying it to the feds out of general revenue. Minister Duncan seems to be having second thoughts. He is retiring in a few months and doesn't want to have his going away party in jail. (He announced some time ago he "would go to jail" over this issue. Now that the time is nigh, he is regretting that silly promise.) To add to what this will cost us, we are going to be saddled with all the legal fees Premier Moe and Minister Duncan are going to run up. 

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The Provincial government hasn't made the decision yet. They haven't announced what will happen to our Climate Action Incentive payments. The Federal government sends out the rebate four times a year. If I reduce my personal use of fossil fuels, I get back more than I pay in carbon tax.

I doubt it.  When you add it all up you don't.  As the Budget officer noted (fed budget officer btw) Only about 10 -20 percent of people are even in that range where they might, AND he didn't take into account things like you pay gst on the tax and you don't get that back.

THe gov't keeps far more of the tax than it returns.  Sorry to burst your bubble.

If the Provincial government follows through with this threat, it is going to cost us money.

Nope.  Get educated.

Now they are considering not collecting the carbon tax but paying it to the feds out of general revenue. Minister Duncan seems to be having second thoughts. He is retiring in a few months and doesn't want to have his going away party in jail. (He announced some time ago he "would go to jail" over this issue. Now that the time is nigh, he is regretting that silly promise.) To add to what this will cost us, we are going to be saddled with all the legal fees Premier Moe and Minister Duncan are going to run up. 

Sure.  It was very kind of him to call you up and share his thoughts on the matter so you'd know his motivations.

Just now, Queenmandy85 said:

We could say the same to you.

Of course you could - you're not educated enough to know the difference :)   (Ba da DING!!! You really do walk into these...)

Lets see if you've got the anttention span to actually learn something -  keep reading :)

Seriously -  read.  Dig.  Learn.  THe info is out there. I realize not eveyone is as fast at this knid of stuff or as dedicated to learning it as i am but it really doesnt' take all THAT much time to at least see the issues. 

Where are the figures about what the gov't collected IN TOTAL from all sources for carbon tax? make sure they're complete.

Now look at what they dished out. See the massive difference?

And along that road you're going to run into the BO's report, and you'll realize other things like there's many hundreds of millons being charged in gst that's not part of their equasions.  And if you're REALLY clever you'll notice it's a stacking tax ... which means that you pay for it more than once AND you pay for businesses to mark it up.

Remember how grocery stores said that they still only make 3 percent mark up on their food goods?  Did you realize the 3 percent was also being charged on their carbon tax costs which are ALSO being included in the food?  Gov't doesn't get that money but YOU STILL PAY IT.  And THEIR costs - which you pay mark up on - also includes carbon tax mark up from THEIR suppliers. Which they paid and then marked up and are now passing on to you

If the gov't gave back every cent it took from you in carbon tax, you'd still have lost considerable money. And they don't - they don't come close for the vast majority of people.

you HAVE to study this stuff at least a little.  ALL GOV"TS EVERYWHERE pull this kind of crap if the public just blindly follows.  Democracy REQUIRES that you use your brain and not trust what they say without reasonably verifying it,

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 6:09 PM, Zeitgeist said:

Our federal government is inflated and intervening far beyond its jurisdiction.

One must first understand what the entire purpose of governments sticking their nose deep into money in-money out interference in marketplaces and the economy.   Splash a bunch of taxpayers' money around with the excuse you are trying to save the world - and that creates a path back into a lot of back pockets that your political organization and leadership can cash in on.  NOTE: IT IS NOT ONLY A LIBERAL PROBLEM.   Any government that has run this country $1.5 TRILLION in debt has no business doing ANYTHING but paying off the portion of this debt they created - by real time taxation.  Carbon tax is meant to buy votes, not fix any concept climate "protection".

When I see ANY politician or bureaucrat recognizing that the ONLY thing effective they can do is to REDUCE all of the things we do to crap in our own nest, not spew endless nonsense about how doing MORE is somehow going to fix anything but their personal bank account THEN I will take them seriously.