22 dead, dozens wounded (and counting) in USA’s latest 2nd Amendment celebration

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

How many kids have their heads shoved under water until they drown.

How many kids have a gun walk up and shoot them on its own?

There are lot of pool laws when it comes to gates fencing and lifeguards in public pools. 

There are plenty of laws about public officials using guns. 

Sounds like you're yet again dodging the issues instead of honestly addressing them.  Simple fact - pools will kill more kids this year than guns by far.  But ... you're not worried about that.  So it's not really about the kids is  it.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Basically its everyone should have guns and we don't care about the consequences.

So - again rather than actually address real positions or facts you prefer to create fake positions.

Well - 'fake' kind of suits you

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Still capable of doing a ton of damage and still the #1 choice of  mass killers.

It isn't tho - handguns are - but hey, lets lie about it.

4 hours ago, Deluge said:

Are you trying to tell me that your only beef with gun ownership is when ill people purchase them? 

No dummy, I'm telling you that letting ILL people own guns makes their misuse much more likely.

Just like the Alaska Air pilot (now ex) who took shrooms and was allowed to side trip in the flight deck and then tried to crash the plane.

58 minutes ago, Aristides said:

A human can kill far more quicker with a gun as we see with mass murders

They really can't. as we saw in 911, as we saw in france, etc. Fire and explosion is the fastest way.

Guns are just the best way to get prime time news coverage.  Kill someone with a shovel and you're lucky to make page 43.

Boggles the mind, that people are making political debates when this is anything but.

There is a rampant loneliness epidemic, especially for men. A war on men, (or strong masculinity, which is labeled as toxic with no female equivalent) socially. This is a horrible era to be a young male.

There are quite a few variables socially, driving these lone wolf men, to want to exact revenge on society.

The availability of certain firearms to them, isn't it. 

You would literally have to ban handguns, to eradicate the issue but illegal handguns would still be flooding your market.

Society creates its problem, then wants to blame guns.

I see it like pushing to ban sports cars after a few high speed crashes. It does nothing to curb excessive speeding. It just finds a convenient scapegoat to hide behind, vs admitting that socially, we may have a problem and may require looking into it.

Thats work! Ugh. Like talking to your kids, or spending quality time with them. No thanks. 

Let's just blame schools and TV. 

I see it no differently here.

22 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Thanks but...you keep trying to get rid of the 2nd amendment and failing...and as Biden stumbles his way from one disaster to the next...luck won't have much to do with the republican win.

More and more states are shooting holes in your precious and bloody 2nd amendment. Times are changing 

15 hours ago, CdnFox said:

So your argument is that there's no wealth inequity in other countries. Thats why it's high in the states

Do you not understand why it's impossible to believe you're taking this seriously? Basically you'll "Entertian" any cause you don't like or that fits your echo chamber, rather than taking a hard look at what the issues are.

You're the one saying "It's not the Guns!". So what is it then. Mental Health, Wealth Inequality, Poverty? What sets these types of shootings a part is they often happen in places where poverty or drug use isn't a huge issuu. 

First off - "Military style'  is  a stupid and pointless phrase. There is no difference between a semi auto ar-15 and a semi auto Model 742 Woodsmaster as far as how fast they can kill, except the woodsmaster is probably using a much more powerful cartridge.

Secondly - so should we ban men?  Women own a HELL of a lot of guns, so if they're not doing the killing that suggests it isn't guns that's the problem.

Well I feel much more comfortable in the level of regulation we have in Canada then what is seen in the US. Of course we're not in America. They have this devotion to guns that most in the rest of the developed world find weird.  

Thirdly -  lets get down to brass tacks.  It's usually someone with a mental health issue that went undiagnosed or untreated. Almost nobody 'just snaps', it happens over time with warning signs.  It's also true of mass murderers who use other tools like vehicles.  (nobody seems to care about the serial killers who cause even more death and rarely use guns for some reason).

So - there's ways to address mental health issues but we'll never have that discussion because "GUNS - "MURICA BAD".

You could argue there's an element of mental health issues in all crime. But we rarely see such mass casualty type crime like this in places with reasonable gun laws. 

No. The vast majority of gun deaths in the states is from handguns.  Canada too - despite it being FAR more regulated than any other gun in canada excluding prohibs. 

The issue at hand is a mass shooting. Some dude kills a bunch of random strangers in a public place, usually with some sort of semi-automatic rifle and gads of ammunition. 

Much of the hand gun crime in Canada happens with smuggled guns from the US. 

Every single state that allows concealed carry allows them to be carried ready to shoot.  If you're too stupid to be able to look that up yourself you're too stupid for this conversation.  Do better

Are you in Canada or the US? Because I was talking about Canada. Is there anywhere in Canada where you can drive around with a loaded sawed-off shotgun? 

3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Boggles the mind, that people are making political debates when this is anything but.

There is a rampant loneliness epidemic, especially for men. A war on men, (or strong masculinity, which is labeled as toxic with no female equivalent) socially. This is a horrible era to be a young male.

There are quite a few variables socially, driving these lone wolf men, to want to exact revenge on society.

You would literally have to ban handguns, to eradicate the issue but illegal handguns would still be flooding your market.

I see it like pushing to ban sports cars after a few high speed crashes. It does nothing to curb excessive speeding. It just finds a convenient scapegoat to hide behind, vs admitting that socially, we may have a problem and may require looking into it.

Thats work! Ugh. Like talking to your kids, or spending quality time with them. No thanks. 

Poor Incels. ?

Is it really that hard for you guys to get laid? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

It’s obviously the damn guns.  
There’s simply no valid reason to own a high capacity, high velocity assault rifle. It isn’t needed for hunting or for home defense. A handgun will work better.  
The Supreme Court ruled as much. We aren’t allowed to own fully automatic weapons, or tanks, or hand grenades, and nobody’s claiming those limits are second amendment violations. We need to restrict assault weapons and high capacity magazines.  They are not necessary. They’re toys for gun enthusiasts and mass murder weapons for unstable people.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Poor Incels. ?

Is it really that hard for you guys to get laid? 

Loneliness isn't about getting laid.

The elderly are one of the most lonely demographics of people.

Its about the lack of connection with others. It creates a situation where men are lost. 

I grew up around such men in city slums, and it often results in violence. Murder, as they have not learned any coping mechanisms.

They aren't victims. Am pointing to a large portion of the problem. Even if you reduced the power of the guns, you still cannot eliminate the person wanting to exact revenge on society, until the issue is addressed at the root.

Also using the "you can't get laid" argument when you cannot present a counter to my point, are incredibly weak debating skills.

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

It’s obviously the damn guns.

So guns shoot themselves? Purchase and load themselves?

Illegal guns truck themselves over borders? 

Sports cars drive themselves excessively fast?

The portability of beer, is to blame for drinking and driving?

Or just maybe, there is an underlying social problem that causes these people to want to respond via violence? Mental health issues that causes someone to disregard the lives of others, because theirs is so hard for them to live? Same thing that pushes someone to publicly commit suicide.

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

There’s simply no valid reason to own a high capacity, high velocity assault rifle

What about a handgun?

The likeliest weapon by far, used in most mass shootings? 

Removing one weapon does nothing to curb the issue.

You're finding the easy scapegoat, and playing politics to distract from the fact that statistically this would barely reduce the overall death toll from these shootings.

If you truly are serious about mass shootings, you must talk about all guns on the table. Period.

But you must also be statistically accurate. If most lawful gun owners are law abiding, then what is the true end game here?

Edited by Perspektiv

14 hours ago, robosmith said:

No dummy, I'm telling you that letting ILL people own guns makes their misuse much more likely.

Just like the Alaska Air pilot (now ex) who took shrooms and was allowed to side trip in the flight deck and then tried to crash the plane.

Yes, stoopid. You didn't answer my question. It's obvious that letting ill people own guns makes their misuse much more likely. 

THE QUESTION IS, are you trying to tell me that your issue with gun ownership stops at the mentally ill? 

45 minutes ago, Deluge said:

I'm not the one running away from a debate. ;)

Yes you are.  When someone tells you that you care more about your guns than you care about your children, and you post the peurile nonsense you did in response, you are very much running away from a debate.

Hence the arse trumpet.

As I've told you before, you get the response you deserve.

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

They aren't victims. Am pointing to a large portion of the problem. Even if you reduced the power of the guns, you still cannot eliminate the person wanting to exact revenge on society, until the issue is addressed at the root.

You don't think those elements of loneliness aren't a reality for people in other countries? Being able to commit mass murder because your lonely seems way more common in the US. Why? Guns! 

Also using the "you can't get laid" argument when you cannot present a counter to my point, are incredibly weak debating skills.

I'm not the one that coined the word Incel. A lot of this violence comes from people who label themselves Incel. The guy who took a rent-a-truck down a Toronto street years ago was an Incel. 

30 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Who here has run away, delusional one?

I see you're trying not to, so let's talk about the OP, shalle we? Do you agree that 2nd Amendment supporters celebrate mass murder?

The caption reads 22 dead, dozens wounded (and counting) in USA’s latest 2nd Amendment celebration. 

Do you agree with Beaver that 2nd Amendment supporters celebrate mass murder? 

9 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Yes you are.  When someone tells you that you care more about your guns than you care about your children, and you post the peurile nonsense you did in response, you are very much running away from a debate.

Hence the arse trumpet.

As I've told you before, you get the response you deserve.

No, you gave me the trumpet because you know that the idea of my caring more about guns than children is absurd. 

See, hysterics like you do this shit all the time, and I have to rub your face in it with stronger counter arguments. 

You see woketard, having the right to bear arms is a Constitutional right - there is REASON for that, and I'm not going to give up that right because of the actions of some lunatic. 

What ISN'T constitutional is the right to slaughter the unborn. This is where you diapered perverts ALWAYS lose, because abortion is not Constitutional and you are not being consistent with your fight to protect lives. 

Edited by Deluge

27 minutes ago, Deluge said:

No, you gave me the trumpet because you know that the idea of my caring more about guns than children is absurd. 

See, hysterics like you do this shit all the time, and I have to rub your face in it with counter arguments. 

You see woketard, having the right to bear arms is a Constitutional right - there is REASON for that, and I'm not going to give up that right because of the actions of some lunatic. 

What ISN'T constitutional is the right to slaughter the unborn. This is where you diapered perverts ALWAYS lose, because abortion is not constitutional and you are not being consistent with your fight to protect lives. 

That's exactly what I mean.  You don't debate.  You just mindlessy splatter words all over the place. 

Abortion?

If you will not agree to the addressing of the stupidity of a literal interpretaion of the second amendment then you do care more about your guns than you do about the people who are killed, and that includes the children.

I could believe you don't think you do.  After all, such would mark you as a madman and who wants to believe that? 

But given the lack of meaningful action on gun control after incidents like Sandy Hook and Parkland, it's fairly obvious that, at the very least, you and people like you care more about your guns than you care about other people's children.

Edited by bcsapper

10 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

That's exactly what I mean.  You don't debate.  You just mindlessy splatter words all over the place. 

Abortion?

If you will not agree to the addressing of the stupidity of a literal definition of the second amendment then you do care more about your guns than you do about the people who are killed, and that includes the children.

I could believe you don't think you do.  After all, such would mark you as a madman and who wants to believe that? 

But given the lack of meaningful action on gun control after incidents like Sandy Hook and Parkland, it's fairly obvious that, at the very least, you and people like you care more about your guns than you care about other people's children.

Are you trying to tell me that we need to abolish the 2nd Amendment? 

I used abortion to point out your inconsitency with your so-called fight to save lives. You can't get around that.

Edited by Deluge

1 minute ago, Deluge said:

Are you trying to tell me that we need to abolish the 2nd Amendment? 

I used abortion to point out your inconsitency with your so-called fight to save lives. You can't get around that.

Splatter.

No one has mentioned abolishing the second amendment, and the abortion agument is spurious.