Jump to content

Biggest Lie You've Been Told


Perspektiv

Recommended Posts

Love heals all. 

I don't believe in this. Of course, it's hard to do anything, without a strong support system, but to think love can fix something, from my vantage point, is false.

That must come from within. Brokenhearted? Love will not fix this.

One must understand where things went wrong and take time to grow, or you're doomed to repeat your mistakes.

If you date 15 bad apples in succession, it stops being about them, and more about your poor choices.

I wish I would've known this, before trying to fix a a damsel in distress o_O 

No regrets, but probably shaved at least 10 years off of my life expectancy from just sheer unnecessary drama.

Benefit, is it was traumatic enough for me to spend 6 years single, soul searching, seeking counseling and growing to avoid ever doing it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Biggest Lie I've Been Told?

This is going to hurt a little.

Just before I had my right middle index fingernail pulled out with a pair of pliers.

A little he said ?

I can laugh now but I guarantee I'll sing like a canary I ever find myself in a torture chamber and you'll be able to take every word to the bank. I shit you not.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The woman is always right."

My wife: "what would you like for supper?"

What are my options?

"Hot pot, or chicken adobo"

I'll have the adobo, please. 

"But I already prepared the broth for the hot pot"

Okay, no problem I will have that.

*inside my brain feeling like it's breaking as I say this*

This is the logical thinking that is "always right". Yeah, okay.

We should be taught the truth. Keeping the wife happy, will mean a happy relationship. Has nothing to do with her being right.

My wife is always right, because have you ever tried winning an argument with a woman?

Exactly. We only live so long.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In 16 years of asking "Which restaurant would you like to eat at?" the only answer I ever got was "where would you like to eat at?". Even if I was trying to inquire because her birthday was in a few days.
Once I drove her and 4 other women and told them at the start of a 2 hour drive "YOU decide where we're going for dinner, I'm buying."
Guess who decided in the end....

The most common lie I heard was from customers who'd call and accuse "YOUR  Internet isn't working! What's wrong THIS time?"
90% of the time their computer was messed up, they didn't connect to their router, the Internet was fine but the one site they wanted was down and even once the whole town that the school that called was in was without power The principal was shouting over the sound of generators that how dare I lie to him when the lights were on in the school. The TV-radio-Internet tower was directly across the street blacked out like all the other buildings in town.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, herbie said:

The most common lie I heard was from customers who'd call and accuse "YOUR  Internet isn't working! What's wrong THIS time?"

I had a few friends work at Bell Canada, and they would get irate calls like this, constantly.

Often times, the customers had forgotten to reboot their modems, or worse, their modems weren't even turned on.

So, my friends had the daunting task to let an irate client know they are an low IQ individual, without making it blatant.

One of them devised slang terms that were known in their entire call center. IE after being yelled at by a client for asking to check if the modem is on, the agent asks what color is on the power button. 

"There is no light! It doesn't work!"

Friend: Ah, that's a MIFC diagnostic issue. I can help you. Just press the power button, as will see if it clicks like its supposed to.

"Ok..."

MBD = M**ron In Front of Computer.

So everyone within earshot is laughing, and the client is oblivious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, herbie said:

In 16 years of asking "Which restaurant would you like to eat at?" the only answer I ever got was "where would you like to eat at?". Even if I was trying to inquire because her birthday was in a few days.
Once I drove her and 4 other women and told them at the start of a 2 hour drive "YOU decide where we're going for dinner, I'm buying."
Guess who decided in the end....

The most common lie I heard was from customers who'd call and accuse "YOUR  Internet isn't working! What's wrong THIS time?"
90% of the time their computer was messed up, they didn't connect to their router, the Internet was fine but the one site they wanted was down and even once the whole town that the school that called was in was without power The principal was shouting over the sound of generators that how dare I lie to him when the lights were on in the school. The TV-radio-Internet tower was directly across the street blacked out like all the other buildings in town.

I worked for Apple for 3 years as a technical support representative. I know exactly what you are talking about. I so wish that I would have received this call but not so fortunate. However, a rep a few cubicles away got the infamous, "Cupholder is broken" call. Care to guess what this refers to?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oooh long time ago. Just like the number of people shocked that contemporary laptops are missing one.

PEBKAC was popular too, Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair.

I've been given a couple printers to recycle because they were 'no good'. An office grade HP Laser that wouldn't turn off or on (you have to hold th power button down for a second, not just poke it). and an almost new Epson inktank w 2 black refill bottles. They went away for a month and now "it's no good at all just spits out blank paper". 2023 and they never even knew to press Clean Printheads. That one is currently on sale at Costco for $449.

A lady just brought me a laptop to recycle, I asked if she had the power brick. She told me it didn't come with one, it has a battery. I guess the charge lasted since 2015 and finally ran out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Oooh long time ago. Just like the number of people shocked that contemporary laptops are missing one.

PEBKAC was popular too, Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair.

I've been given a couple printers to recycle because they were 'no good'. An office grade HP Laser that wouldn't turn off or on (you have to hold th power button down for a second, not just poke it). and an almost new Epson inktank w 2 black refill bottles. They went away for a month and now "it's no good at all just spits out blank paper". 2023 and they never even knew to press Clean Printheads. That one is currently on sale at Costco for $449.

A lady just brought me a laptop to recycle, I asked if she had the power brick. She told me it didn't come with one, it has a battery. I guess the charge lasted since 2015 and finally ran out.

My favorite (that I worked on) was a guy that put his system32 folder in the recycle bin and restarted. Yes, I worked for Apple but most of our calls were folks trying to use the iTunes software on a windows machine. He was having issues installing iTunes and so as he put it.. he wanted a fresh start. I about fell out of my chair. I could not stop laughing. Thank goodness for the mute button

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended a Mac years ago to a couple I knew were too effing stunned to learn Windows95/DOS. SO they went to the Apple store and bought one and were back in my shop with the computer and the game that wouldn't play. I immediately pointed out the Box the game came in had "For Windows 3.1 or 95" in big letters across the top.

They told us Macs are better than PCs, so what does that matter? It should be able to play anything!

They never did get any brighter, last time I went to their house they'd bought the first Microsoft Surface that was out with the lamed down version of Windows 8...

Our phone company gave you a free laptop if you signed a term for ADSL. They were obsolete Dells their techs had managed to get Vista to run on with only 128MB. Made lots adding RAM & converting hundreds of them back to XP, even still came in for Win7 upgrades years later. I have one on a shelf today with Rasperry86 32bit maxed out w 2GB that sucks to this day,

Edited by herbie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I strip to pay for my education. Its temporary".

If a woman tells you this and is pushing 30 or over, she's a full time stripper. She is just in denial. Like that woman who goes clubbing a micro mini skirt and no panties, because she enjoys the music. Sure, I used to read Playboy for the editorial section.

Nothing wrong in earning a living doing this, but it unfortunately was a deal breaker to me. Same with porn or any sex work.

If you're looking for a wife, you should keep it moving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"If you work hard, anything is possible".

Biggest lie ever. That had me working in a factory in my early 20's. Hardest worker there. Got me a dollar raise.

Understanding where you want to be heading (vision), knowing how to get in (knowing where to put all your effort), and more importantly--knowing what to do to stay there, are far more important skills.

Understanding power dynamics and knowing how to find loopholes and exploiting them, are the most invaluable skills you will learn, professionally if you want to grow.

I was told college was important, but dropped out. I was told to focus on arts. Am an artist.

I researched careers with that degree, and it was a joke. I looked up careers in business and fields that I loved, so my wisest business decision, was taking business, instead.

If I failed, I had the skills to run a company or help someone run theirs.

My salary skyrocketed from that point, onwards.

I have known so many people with expensive degrees working minimum wage. 

Could have gone to trade school and gotten a high demand certificate, instead. Learn the business inside and out, then open your own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,696
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    newworldorder2024
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • Yakuda went up a rank
      Experienced
    • QuebecOverCanada went up a rank
      Grand Master
    • Jeary went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Gator earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Jeary earned a badge
      Week One Done
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...