This is why Polievre will win the election - the infamous 'apple' interview

CdnFox

You have likely seen this or part of it already - this has gotten literally millions of views and likes on twitter etc.

But how PP handles these questions, and his answers and shuts down this obviously bias reporter without effort and wthout being a bully is precisely why he'll win the next election. His speaking skills are incredible.

Fun fact - in hollywood when a producer wants to make a character look like an a**hole who's owning someone, they have him eat an apple in the scene.  Even if he's a good guy being a d*ck to a bad guy it's common - make him eat an apple while he's doing it. If you want your character to look that way - make him eat an apple.

Makes this even funnier when you watch it  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, August1991 said:

CdnFox, true what you say in your op. I watched the entire video.

This Poilievre video was set.

Somewhat dishonest but well done!

Who is this reporter and who or what media does he work for. He is terrible. If he can be ,manipulated so easily and be so unprepared, he should be fired LOL

I do not like the "common sense" moniker that seems to be the theme of PP's moving forward. It was a Mike Harris theme that hurt Ontario.

Having said that, PP seems to be talking a page out of Obama's "how to be an orator" book and doing it fairly well at it.

10 hours ago, CdnFox said:

But how PP handles these questions, and his answers and shuts down this obviously bias reporter without effort and wthout being a bully is precisely why he'll win the next election. His speaking skills are incredible.

You do realize this is almost certainly a staged interview, right?  

That being said, there's no question that PP is a better communicator than Trudeau, avoiding the shallow grandiloquence and bromidic nothing-speak of the latter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Staged with frikkin left winger reporter Don Urquhart?  You think Don Urquhart is conspiring with the CPC to do fake interviews? You're out of your damn mind :)  You might as well claim the CBC agreed to stage a positive interview with him and is bias in favour of the CPC :)  ROFLMAO

Dude ... just, no.

In fairness Don isn't as experienced with this kind of interview so "gotcha" moments aren't really his strongest suit and Pierre is extremely prepared. I do know he practices this crap.  This is the kind of stupid leading questions lefty reporters like to ask so he prepares a lot.  "Well you have to agree your a scumbag populist trump clone right, so..,,,"   It's what the left does.  So he practices how to deal with it. 

He practices responses to all the obvious questions about how he's like trump on abortion, how he and his caucus are  white supremacists, how he'll legalize machine guns to kill puppies with, etc. You see it all the time with his answers.

The funny bit here is eating an apple while he does it (but of course he's at an orchard in the okanagan so that's kind of expected).  It's just such a common movie trope it makes the scene look hilarious. The good guy eating an apple while being a complete wiener to the bad guy :) 

This is the skill that trudeau and the CBC will face trying to deflect him next election and they're just not up for it

Edited by CdnFox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Staged with frikkin left winger reporter Don Urquhart?  You think Don Urquhart is conspiring with the CPC to do fake interviews? You're out of your damn mind :)  You might as well claim the CBC agreed to stage a positive interview with him and is bias in favour of the CPC :)  ROFLMAO

Who is Don Urquhart?  Have you ever heard of him?  Has anyone?  We know he's leftwing because...what?  Because that's what all the viral headlines say about this "epic" takedown?  ?

I don't know and can't find anything about the guy other than he's only been in the country 2 years and he runs a local news and classified ads site. 

Regardless, let's just accept that he's a pinko lefty.  In this case, PP's PR team and security let through an absolute nobody to tee PP up with moronic softball questions, while he was eating an apple on camera.  Okay.  ?

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, jatt47 said:

Not enough 'new Canadians' have taken up citizenship for Trudeau to win, and voter fraud is not an option.

PP basically represents a whitelash against some of the cultural rhetoric around equity + the exclusion of young people from wealth building.

Although, all parties engage in the latter Trudeau's Liberals were seen as more progressive, and so therefore people expect more.

I expect a whole lot of racism, and ethnic tension as PP's regime enters the 5th/6th year so like early 2030s when people get used to it & forget the Trudeau years.

You should start your own thread called "Alt-Left BS, Whining & Propaganda" so we can find it all in one place.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CdnFox said:

You have likely seen this or part of it already - this has gotten literally millions of views and likes on twitter etc.

Fun fact - in hollywood when a producer wants to make a character look like an a**hole who's owning someone, they have him eat an apple in the scene.  Even if he's a good guy being a d*ck to a bad guy it's common - make him eat an apple while he's doing it. If you want your character to look that way - make him eat an apple.

Makes this even funnier when you watch it  :)

I loved that video of PP giving that Marxist liberal in the media a rough time and nothing to write about. But if I know the Canadian media, they will try and make it appear as though somehow that PP is just trying to be a smart ass and will not answer their questions.

The Canadian media would just love to get something on PP to try and make him look really bad. But PP is way to smart for those arse holes in the leftist liberal media. The Canadian media is very anti-conservative. It was good to see PP answer the reporters questions with questions. The reporter was stumbling at most times trying to answer PP questions.

It's no wonder PP should become the next PM of Canada. We finally have a politician that is not afraid of this leftist liberal media. The Canadian media that i have to help pay their salaries with my taxes. The CBC being the worse of them all. The media in Canada could not survive without taxpayer's tax dollars. Hopefully, PP will put an end to their welfare status once and for all. No one believes the Canadian leftist liberal media all that much anymore.They smell. ?

9 hours ago, Moonbox said:

That being said, there's no question that PP is a better communicator than Trudeau, avoiding the shallow grandiloquence and bromidic nothing-speak of the latter. 

W

9 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Just curious. How do you know that this was a staged interview? 

6 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Who is Don Urquhart?  Have you ever heard of him?  Has anyone? 

yeah - He's the editor of the times chronicle which is part of castanet - which is what you'd expect in the okanagan. I post stories here form castanet form time to time (don't remember if i posted one of his)

We know he's leftwing because...what?  Because that's what all the viral headlines say about this "epic" takedown?  ?

Ok -so yuo don't know what you're talking about but rather than admit that and just ask questions you're going to make yourself look silly.  It's like asking "how do we know brian lilley favours the right?"

I assume you've heard of him.

If you didn't know they guy - why would you say the interview is fake?  Yeash the left is getting desperate these days

I don't know and can't find anything about the guy other than he's only been in the country 2 years and he runs a local news and classified ads site. 

https://www.castanet.net/reporter/Don-Urquhart

Editor of a couple of local papers. Took me two seconds to find a webpage for you. Yeash.

Regardless, let's just accept that he's a pinko lefty.  In this case, PP's PR team and security let through an absolute nobody to tee PP up with moronic softball questions, while he was eating an apple on camera.  Okay.  ?

Aww pumpkin -  are you mad because your hero justin sucks at interviews and your hated enemy Polievre happens to knock them out of the park without even thinking about it? How sad.

Do you have any idea how bitter and desperate you look when you act like this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jatt47 said:

PP basically represents a whitelash a

Followed unironically by:

I expect a whole lot of racism, and ethnic tension as PP's regime enters the 5th/6th year so like early 2030s when people get used to it & forget the Trudeau years.

ROFLMAO - well considering you couldn't even  make post without being a racist i guess you've proved your point :)   You are the definition of 'self fulfilling prophesy :)  

Edited by CdnFox

4 hours ago, jatt47 said:

Not enough 'new Canadians' have taken up citizenship for Trudeau to win, and voter fraud is not an option.

PP basically represents a whitelash against some of the cultural rhetoric around equity + the exclusion of young people from wealth building.

Although, all parties engage in the latter Trudeau's Liberals were seen as more progressive, and so therefore people expect more.

You're confusing PP with Trump just like this reporter.  Please name these "pro-white" policies of PP's, and why the recent jump in the polls for PP and his party are due to "whitelash" as opposed to things like inflation/cost of living, Liberal corruption and other bungles etc.

Trudeau has done enough to further ethnic and gender tensions in Canada, including race-based and gender-based discrimination in government hiring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jatt47 said:

Imagine having a positive racial self-identity after being told it's negative for centuries.

Must be nice being white, and never having to go through that.

Nobody has eer had to go through that. Nobody lives for 'centuries'. There is not one person who has ever had to experience that And if you feel like you're suffering from experiencing "centuries' of negative racial self image then that's just your brain's rather pathetic attempt to justify your own individual inadequacies rather than cope with it like a real person.

So good luck with that.

And honestly - as a person you sound like a bit of an embarrasment to whatever race you belong to anyway.  So there you go.

And of course it's a complete myth that white races don't go through it. Try being irish ;)

Polievre is a multi-generational bastard who will sink whatever status white men still have left..

Right right... Well not to worry, the next prime minister after him is bound to be white too and so our status will continue.  I mean - it IS the race of success after all right? Right?

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2023 at 2:22 AM, August1991 said:

In English-Canada, the ultimate insult is to be accused of being American.

Many Quebecers view English Canadians - people from Ontario - as you view Trump Americans. 

Many Quebecers view all  English Canadians in that same way.

Which is why many Anglos view Quebecers as the back-country provincial  hicks they are.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2023 at 8:59 AM, ExFlyer said:

I do not like the "common sense" moniker that seems to be the theme of PP's moving forward. It was a Mike Harris theme that hurt Ontario.

When Mike Harris took over one tenth of Ontarions were on social assistance and the deficit was enormous. He solved both issues, which had to be solved. He did so against the unanimous and sometimes violent opposition of all public sector unions (of course) as well as activist groups, many of whom were government-funded, and who lost that funding. He got the province's books in order. Many of the things people ascribe to his government, like cutting funding for healthcare, social welfare and education have to be seen in the context of the federal government of the day (Chretien) which was slashing transfer payments to the provinces even while downloading things onto their backs.

One thing you can say about Harris is he didn't lie about his intentions during elections. He told the voters exactly what he was going to do and did it.

Edited by I am Groot
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

When Mike Harris took over one tenth of Ontarions were on social assistance and the deficit was enormous. He solved both issues, which had to be solved. He did so against the unanimous and sometimes violent opposition of all public sector unions (of course) as well as activist groups, many of whom were government-funded, and who lost that funding. He got the province's books in order. Many of the things people ascribe to his government, like cutting funding for healthcare, social welfare and education have to be seen in the context of the federal government of the day (Chretien) which was slashing transfer payments to the provinces even while downloading things onto their backs.

One thing you can say about Harris is he didn't lie about his intentions during elections. He told the voters exactly what he was going to do and did it.

All I said is that the "Common Sense" moniker is being re-used.

Yes, Ontario had problems but so does Canada now. But, he won as a result of extremely poor leadership from the NDP (remember Bob Rae (and now liberal statesman) and his Rae Days)

As you say, Harris did what he did but under violent opposition from everyone.He closed hospitals and cut programs all under "Common Sense Revolution" and to bring spending within budget. Is that what you want to see from Canadians as a nation, not just a provincial matter?

9 hours ago, jatt47 said:

The Charter already includes race/gender discrimination.

Both parties kind of further the same agenda with a few hot issues tilted toward their base.

For conservatives it's suppressing brown people, and for Liberals it's hating rednecks (guns)

Any evidence, any policies showing conservative 'suppressing brown people"?
Or are you just talking about out of your ass?

4 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

All I said is that the "Common Sense" moniker is being re-used.

Yes, Ontario had problems but so does Canada now. But, he won as a result of extremely poor leadership from the NDP (remember Bob Rae (and now liberal statesman) and his Rae Days)

As you say, Harris did what he did but under violent opposition from everyone.He closed hospitals and cut programs all under "Common Sense Revolution" and to bring spending within budget. Is that what you want to see from Canadians as a nation, not just a provincial matter?

Do you mean he reacted to the economic circumstances he faced? If so, yes. If you mean he told you what he would do in the election and once elected he did it? Then yes. 

He didn't face violent opposition from everyone or he wouldn't have been re-elected with a second majority. He faced violent opposition from those who worked for and got their money from government and government agencies.

Edited by I am Groot

17 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Do you mean he reacted to the economic circumstances he faced? If so, yes. If you mean he told you what he would do in the election and once elected he did it? Then yes. 

He didn't face violent opposition from everyone or he wouldn't have been re-elected with a second majority. He faced violent opposition from those who worked for and got their money from government and government agencies.

Yes he reacted but in the second term, he was thought to be over reacting. He quit half way through the second term. 60% of voters said it was time for a change.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/harris-era-ends-suddenly/article25693296/

Then came the decades of McGuinty/Wynne and the Liberals :)

13 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Aww pumpkin -  are you mad because your hero justin sucks at interviews and your hated enemy Polievre happens to knock them out of the park without even thinking about it? How sad.

Why would I be mad?  You're funny to watch in action, getting a boner and exalting in PP "OWNING" a clueless nobody from a local newspaper as if it's impressive.  ?

• Haha 2