This is why Polievre will win the election - the infamous 'apple' interview

CdnFox

15 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yes he reacted but in the second term, he was thought to be over reacting. He quit half way through the second term. 60% of voters said it was time for a change.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/harris-era-ends-suddenly/article25693296/

Then came the decades of McGuinty/Wynne and the Liberals :)

This is the way Canadian politics work. Voters put in a left wing party that offers them nothing but cake and flowers which racks up huge bills and eventually the voters get worried and put a conservative government in to get the books in order. Once the books are in order they want their cake and flowers again. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

This is the way Canadian politics work. Voters put in a left wing party that offers them nothing but cake and flowers which racks up huge bills and eventually the voters get worried and put a conservative government in to get the books in order. Once the books are in order they want their cake and flowers again. 

This is the problem with Canadian politics. Leaders can stay on top as long as they want.

We need term limits. 2 times and out. New blood is needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jatt47 said:

image.thumb.png.2e8ae1d7fbe5bb810e243e7eb721d8a0.png

ਅਕਾਲ 

image.jpeg.87190661df25a73a0f04c05c269ac988.jpeg

No wonder your side lost :)  

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Why would I be mad? 

Well you're a pretty angry person at the best of times - as to why we'd have to ask your psychiatrist.

You're funny to watch in action, getting a boner and exalting in PP "OWNING" a clueless nobody from a local newspaper as if it's impressive.  ?

ROFLMAO - you always have these weird sexual fantasies about me.  As i've said before, i'm flattered but not interested :)

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Well you're a pretty angry person at the best of times - as to why we'd have to ask your psychiatrist.

If only you were capable of turning your gaze inward, and seeing what your no-life ranting here looks like.  Alas, you've the emotional maturity of an 4 year old.  ?

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

All I said is that the "Common Sense" moniker is being re-used.

Truth be told the same monikers are reused throughout history by politicians.  They work, so they get used.

Think Trump was the first to use 'make america great'? Nope - that had been used by regan and kenneday. "common sense" is another very popular one.  The biggiest is probably "change'.   The lib party was 'real change now' in 2015 while the ndp was 'ready for change".

The only one which hasn't been reused is "i like ike"  :)   And that WAS actually reused by Ike

That's just the way it is.  The incumbent tends to go with something that suggests the other guys will ruin everything or the like..

The 'common sense' thing is resonating because trudeau seemss so amazingly out of touch with the average person.  SO it's as good as any. But honestly  it's very rare to see an actual original campaign slogan  (we miss you ike!)

Just now, Moonbox said:

If only you were capable of turning your gaze inward, and seeing what your no-life ranting here looks like.  Alas, you've the emotional maturity of an 4 year old.  ?

Yeap - not angry and bitter at all are ya  :)   ROFLMAO -  keep going, your salty tears are always hilarious :)   (and slightly less disturbing than your weird sex fantasies anyway)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Truth be told the same monikers are reused throughout history by politicians.  They work, so they get used.

Think Trump was the first to use 'make america great'? Nope - that had been used by regan and kenneday. "common sense" is another very popular one.  The biggiest is probably "change'.   The lib party was 'real change now' in 2015 while the ndp was 'ready for change".

The only one which hasn't been reused is "i like ike"  :)   And that WAS actually reused by Ike

That's just the way it is.  The incumbent tends to go with something that suggests the other guys will ruin everything or the like..

The 'common sense' thing is resonating because trudeau seemss so amazingly out of touch with the average person.  SO it's as good as any. But honestly  it's very rare to see an actual original campaign slogan  (we miss you ike!)

I would have thought that if he wants to be the alternative, an original slogan would have been chosen.

Common Sense worked for Harris but defeating a horrific NDP government he could have said nothing to win LOL. Of course, Harris did not last his second term of Common Sense.

I think if PP uses "We Are Not the Liberals" as a moniker, he would win too LOL

7 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I would have thought that if he wants to be the alternative, an original slogan would have been chosen.

I don't know why you would think that.

Why would any politician anywhere not choose something proven to work? As i pointed out in both canada and the us and in fact around the world the 'alternative' party picks between basically the same 4 or 5 slogans with minor twists and have for about 100 years now.

So what on earth would lead you to think that PP, who's clearly a strong campaigner, would abandon what works? It was going to be some variation of 'common sense' -  'a better tomorrow/make us great' - " kinder gentler" or "time for change".

Common Sense worked for Harris but defeating a horrific NDP government he could have said nothing to win LOL. Of course, Harris did not last his second term of Common Sense.

LOL - well some times it goes that way. 

I think if PP uses "We Are Not the Liberals" as a moniker, he would win too LOL

Yeah :)  well - some truth to that although in fact history shows that people don't actually 'vote out' gov'ts unless they've got somewhere they feel safe landing.  If they don't see an alternative which is clearly better in their mind even if they hate the current guy they stick with him.

You DO have to give people something to move to, even if they don't really like it but they like it a little better than what they've got.

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

image.jpeg.87190661df25a73a0f04c05c269ac988.jpeg

No wonder your side lost :)  

ROFLMAO - you always have these weird sexual fantasies about me.  As i've said before, i'm flattered but not interested :)

>Canadian 

>posts guns 

My side's winning. That's why you complain. 

ਅਕਾਲ 

• Downvote 1

Just now, jatt47 said:

Soon. The beatings will continue until you learn empathy. 

The barbaric hot line & the bills passed to target Eastern culture have no place in a multicultural Canada. 

I would say that the barbarism and religious fanaticism of the Eastern cultures have no place in modern Canada.

Just now, jatt47 said:

Keep your gender norms to yourself. 

They're norms. They'll keep to themselves as long as teachers and other ideologically guided people aren't trying to foist their weird perversions and sexual fetishes on children.

5 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Except that isn't true. Mulroney and Harper both increased Canada's debt to GDP.

Chretien was the only one to really reduce it. And the Trudeaus increased it the most of all.

So I'd say there is little correlation.

1 minute ago, Nexii said:

Except that isn't true. Mulroney and Harper both increased Canada's debt to GDP.

Hmm. I don't suppose you'd welcome a little context on this narrative, would you?

Well, I will provide it regardless.

Mulroney inherited an economy in shambles in the midst of double digit stagflation. Both unemployment and interest rates over ten percent, with a forty billion dollar deficit thanks to Trudeau quadrupling spending. 

Okay. What do you do? You're now the boss. Do you drastically slash spending in the middle of a terrible recession? Because if you don't, you'll be borrowing tens of billions at sky-high interest rates.  Mulroney did gradually cut back on spending as best he could But he wasn't able to go too fast. You mention Chretien reducing it, but you fail to point out Chretien ran deficits his first four years in office. He was able to reduce it only when the US and world economies turned around( and through the funds pouring in from the GST he had campaigned against), and even then through the kind of hard decisions people hate conservatives for - like slashing health care funding, education funding, welfare funding, etc. 

Harper ran surpluses his first two years, then came the financial mess produced by Wall Street and others and the world sank into another big recession. Harper seemed all set to just bull his way through on the strength of our oil industry but he had a minority and the Liberals, NDP and BQ demanded a huge economic incentive spending program more threatened to take over the government. They got what they wanted. However, Harper did cut his deficits every year thereafter until he reached balance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Nexii said:

Pierre Poilevre reminds me of Columbo in this video, except the cigar is an apple instead. I keep expecting him to ask the interviewer 'just one more thing...'. I don't know if that's good or bad, lol

Actually that's freakin' hilarious. :) 

2 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

What are they winning?

The race to the bottom apparently :)

26 minutes ago, jatt47 said:

Soon. The beatings will continue until you learn empathy. 

The barbaric hot line & the bills passed to target Eastern culture have no place in a multicultural Canada. 

Keep your gender norms to yourself. 

Whether that's Lgbtp or monogamy/cuckoldry. 

ਅਕਾਲ 

You make a really good argument for better immigration screening.

On 10/17/2023 at 11:52 PM, CdnFox said:

You have likely seen this or part of it already - this has gotten literally millions of views and likes on twitter etc.

But how PP handles these questions, and his answers and shuts down this obviously bias reporter without effort and wthout being a bully is precisely why he'll win the next election. His speaking skills are incredible.

Fun fact - in hollywood when a producer wants to make a character look like an a**hole who's owning someone, they have him eat an apple in the scene.  Even if he's a good guy being a d*ck to a bad guy it's common - make him eat an apple while he's doing it. If you want your character to look that way - make him eat an apple.

Makes this even funnier when you watch it  :)

I don’t know who the interviewer is but he’s not very good. Hilarious that PP of all people would say he doesn’t talk about “left wing”. He’s a guy who screams “Marxist” 10 times a day. If his Big Mac at McDonlads doesn’t have enough sauce on it I het screams that the girl at the counter is a “Marxist”. 

Edit:  the reporter is from the South Okanagan Times Chronicle, what never heard of it?  From the way the story is blowing up all over the right wing internet you would think he took down CNN or NYT or something 

Edited by BeaverFever