Should Hamas support rallies in Canada be stopped?

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

Chuckle...resorting to the lowest of standards.

Too bad, so sad you became what you now are. :)

Well you started it. Funny how it's ok for you to do it, but when someone calls out you on your lies, you shrivel up and get all, where are your standards here. In other words if you bully other people, expect some kickback. This ain't no safe space. 

19 minutes ago, herbie said:

99% of the ralliers will deny they support Hamas. They just don't have the common sense to understand rallying for Palestinians days after their Hamas leaders committed an atrocity that it makes it look that way to everyone with a functioning brain.

Perhaps it should just be about innocent kids then.

What's the score? I heard its something like 500 to 40...this week.

On 10/10/2023 at 7:52 PM, CdnFox said:

So what.

What freaking culture HASN"T had their land stolen or ruled over by someone else at some point (and often several points).

Doesn't matter how we got here. It doesnt' make a single eff's worth of difference.  Here's where we're at.

So their choice is find a way to live in peace and prosper, or pick fights they can't win and die.

They seem to be partial to number two.  So why shouldn't they be accommodated? 

I hope that one day someone comes along and takes your property away from you and shoves you in the back yard. ?

8 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Well you started it. Funny how it's ok for you to do it, but when someone calls out you on your lies, you shrivel up and get all, where are your standards here. In other words if you bully other people, expect some kickback. This ain't no safe space. 

Boo Hoo, hurt feelings?

Mellow out, take a nap or sedative. It will all fade away LOL

Suck it up and get back to the topic sweetie :)

Edited by ExFlyer

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Boo Hoo, hurt feelings?

Mellow out, take a nap or sedative. It will all fade away LOL

Of course it will, now that you've been re-steered.

Consider yourself

Forum Citizen Moderated

6 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

get back to the topic sweetie :)

Oh yeah, the topic that you refuse to acknowledge Hammas committed a terrorist attack. So you're with the terrorists then. It fits the overall picture, what I said.

1 hour ago, Nexii said:

To let Gaza be its own country. 

In other words let Hamas continue to shoot rockets into Israel, continue to come into Israel and murder innocent families, children and everyone, continue to cut off Israeli babies heads, or anyone they can find in Israel, continue to build up their murderous Jihad terrorist forces in tunnels and throughout Gaza for the purpose killing Israelis.   Do you really know what this is all about or know what you are talking about?  You think Israel should have to live with murdering Jihadists next door and do nothing about it?

20 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Of course it will, now that you've been re-steered.

Consider yourself

Forum Citizen Moderated

Oh yeah, the topic that you refuse to acknowledge Hammas committed a terrorist attack. So you're with the terrorists then. It fits the overall picture, what I said.

Wow...you got moderated LOL What a loser LOL

Where oh where did I deny what is going in in the middle east??

Once again, for your edification and has been said to you already "I support no one person or group. You are making false accusations. "

50 minutes ago, taxme said:
59 minutes ago, taxme said:

A news reporter by the name of Helen Thomas(deceased)once said that the Jews should get out of the Middle East and go back to Europe where they belong.

Back off. ?

She is obviously a classic anti-Semite who doesn't believe Israel has a right to exist. 

Back off what?  Why would you think Israel does not have the right to exist or defend itself?  Oh, I forgot.   You don't have any idea of history, or of Israel's right to exist and are still living in the world of anti-Semites in your mind.  You have lots of company.  Thousands exist in many countries in Europe and have for centuries.  That's how Germany arrived at the Holocaust.

Why would you want to identify with the hoards of Islamic supporters in Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, London, Stockholm, and other places cheering for Hamas after they brutally slaughtered 1,500 men, women, and children in Israel.

Sadly you don't understand what political Islam's purpose is in the world, particularly the Islamic Jihadists.  Its primary purpose is to eliminate Israel and kill every Jew and force everyone to bow to it's religion.  That is what the terrorist groups around Israel are attempting to do.  That is what the Islamic theocracy in Iran and Afghanistan (Taliban) are doing.  That is why Iran supports the terrorist groups Hamas and Hezbollah.  

Why allow yourself to be conned and drawn into the group supporting hateful murderers?

12 minutes ago, blackbird said:

She is obviously a classic anti-Semite who doesn't believe Israel has a right to exist. 

Back off what?  Why would you think Israel does not have the right to exist or defend itself?  Oh, I forgot.   You don't have any idea of history, or of Israel's right to exist and are still living in the world of anti-Semites in your mind.  You have lots of company.  Thousands exist in many countries in Europe and have for centuries.  That's how Germany arrived at the Holocaust.

Why would you want to identify with the hoards of Islamic supporters in Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, London, Stockholm, and other places cheering for Hamas after they brutally slaughtered 1,500 men, women, and children in Israel.

Sadly you don't understand what political Islam's purpose is in the world, particularly the Islamic Jihadists.  Its primary purpose is to eliminate Israel and kill every Jew and force everyone to bow to it's religion.  That is what the terrorist groups around Israel are attempting to do.  That is what the Islamic theocracy in Iran and Afghanistan (Taliban) are doing.  That is why Iran supports the terrorist groups Hamas and Hezbollah.  

Why allow yourself to be conned and drawn into the group supporting hateful murderers?

Thomas cannot be anti-semetic. Aren't the Arabs semites also?

That story about Hamas cutting the heads off babies is a bit much for me. If Hamas did such a thing, why did they not show this on TV? Gory, but where is the beef. BS. 

I do not support Hamas or Israel. They both are a burden on the world. But the Palestinians do have a beef here. A beef where you could give a dam about. 

Why allow yourself to be supporting a group of hateful murderers? Israel has killed many innocent women and children in the Gaza. Both groups are murderers. Live with it. 

Edited by taxme
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Thomas cannot be anti-semetic. Aren't the Arabs semites also?

That story about Hamas cutting the heads off babies is a bit much for me. If Hamas did such a thing, why did they not show this on TV? Gory, but where is the beef. BS. 

I do not support Hamas or Israel. They both are a burden on the world. But the Palestinians do have a beef here. A beef where you could give a dam about. 

Why allow yourself to be supporting a group of hateful murderers? Israel has killed many innocent women and children in the Gaza. Both groups are murderers. Live with it. 

You should have been doing some study of this for years.  The reports about the brutal murders by Hamas have been widely reported on the news for days.   You could try Google if you want to know more details.  Why would you expect me to provide proof of what has been on the media for the past week?

When we talk about anti-Semites or anti-Semitism with reference to the Holocaust, Israel, or the middle east conflict, we are referring to the Jews being the target.  That is what anti-Semitism refers to, discrimination or persecution of the Jews.  The Jewish religion and Islam are two different religions.  Israel is mainly a Jewish state and the surrounding Arab countries are Islamic and oppose Israel.

Innocent people do get killed in Gaza simply because the Hamas terrorists hide behind them and use them as shields.  Does that mean Israel should just let Hamas kill Israelis and do nothing?

Israel has no way to defend itself apart from going after the terrorists and is doing the best it can.  They are only interested in going after Hamas or similar terrorists.   

I already explained the reason why Israel has a right to exist but you chose to ignore the whole subject.  Like a little kid, you just keep repeating the view that the genocide against the Jews does not exist and it is all Israel's fault.  You ignore the fact that the attacks against Israel are all part of a broad agenda to destroy Israel.

Edited by blackbird

3 hours ago, Nexii said:

Yea Israel has created this monster, now they have to deal with it.

How did they do that? By defending themselves? By giving Gaza a measure of self-government, which they immediately used to elect a brutal theocratic terrorist entity? By not keeping their women away from the border where they would be raped and murdered?

By existing?

3 hours ago, Nexii said:

I fear their going overboard could do them in. In a longer war, the amount of people willing to fight matters as much as logistics. And there's no shortage of Muslim nations around them. Not to mention the 20% Arab population within their own nation. They're rightfully angry, but I don't see Israel having a realistic plan here. 

Israel has kicked the shit o ut of all the Arab world combined multiple times and can do it again. As for their Arab population, I'm sure they're ambivalent about things. But then again, not all of them.

https://nationalpost.com/news/hamas-hostage-survivor#:~:text=Arar%2C who was bleeding profusely,released a few hours later.

2 hours ago, Nexii said:

Well, they did give that a trial run by letting them self-govern. They elected Hamas, a group of religious fanatics dedicated to the destruction of Israel, the implementation of an Islamic state throughout the region, and the death of all Jews.

Soooo, I guess that didn't work out so well. So what do you imagine a completely independent Gaza would do? I mean, first, they'd import a lot more heavy weapons. That's a no brainer. Then they'd attack Israel again, only more effectively.

2 hours ago, herbie said:

99% of the ralliers will deny they support Hamas. They just don't have the common sense to understand rallying for Palestinians days after their Hamas leaders committed an atrocity that it makes it look that way to everyone with a functioning brain.

The organizers for these demonstrations made it pretty damned clear their purpose was to celebrate the 'great victory' over Israel.

2 hours ago, taxme said:

A news reporter by the name of Helen Thomas(deceased)once said that the Jews should get out of the Middle East and go back to Europe where they belong. Thomas was an Arab from Lebanon. I think that she appeared to know more about the Middle East than what you do. She was born there. 

So were almost all the Jews, In fact, only a minority of Jews in Israel are from or descended from those who fled Europe. The majority are descended from Jews who have lived in that region for millennia or those who fled the pogroms in other Arab states.

2 hours ago, taxme said:

Back off. ?

Back off?  You mean make no attempt to either avenge their dead, defeat Hamas, or get their hostages back?

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Any humane outlook on the world must recognize that civilians never deserve to suffer due to the group into which they were born or because of actions committed by those who claim to speak on their behalf. For that reason, I feel as much empathy for the Palestinian children who will die in bombardments of Gaza as I do for the Jewish children who were killed in Hamas’s attack on Israel. Each civilian death is a tragedy on the same moral order.

But while every civilian victim is in equal measure undeserving of their tragic fate, moral philosophers have for centuries recognized a key distinction between forms of military action that may be legitimate and forms of terrorism that will always remain illegitimate. In the former, military action is directed against military targets; while some civilian deaths are foreseeable as a consequence of such attacks, soldiers undertake to minimize them insofar as possible. In the latter, political action is directed against civilian targets; the killing of innocents is the goal, not an unintended side effect, of the attack.

https://archive.ph/FaHlg

1 hour ago, taxme said:

To begin with, TV stations don't like to show such horrors.  Secondly, the Israeli government spokeperson(s) said the government cannot confirm the story about heads of babies being cut off.

This is what CNN says about it:

“There have been cases of Hamas militants carrying out beheadings and other ISIS-style atrocities. However, we cannot confirm if the victims were men or women, soldiers or civilians, adults or children,” the official said.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu indicated that people had been beheaded by Hamas in an appearance beside Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Thursday, but did not specify if they were children.

His office later released what it described as “horrifying photos of babies murdered and burned by the Hamas monsters.”

The three photos showed two babies whose bodies had been burned beyond recognition and a third infant’s bloodstained body.

The post said that Netanyahu showed Blinken the photos, as well as others.

The explosive allegations that children had been decapitated at the kibbutz of Kfar Aza emerged Tuesday in Israeli media. Israel Defense Forces later described the scene as a “massacre” in a statement to CNN. Women, children toddlers and the elderly were “brutally butchered in an ISIS way of action,” the IDF said.

Tal Heinrich, a spokeswoman for Netanyahu, said on Wednesday that babies and toddlers had been found with their “heads decapitated” in Kfar Aza.

In Israel, 'the place where you want your kids to grow up' has suddenly turned into the front line

US President Joe Biden appeared to confirm that information. In a roundtable with Jewish community leaders on Wednesday, he said: “I have been doing this a long time, I never really thought that I would see… have confirmed pictures of terrorist beheading children.”

A US administration official later clarified Biden’s remarks, telling CNN that neither Biden nor his aides had seen pictures or had received confirmed reports of children or infants having been beheaded by Hamas. The official clarified that Biden was referring to public comments from media outlets and Israeli officials.

An IDF spokesman, Jonathan Conricus, later in the day said terrorists had likely carried out decapitations of babies in the Be’eri kibbutz.

“We got very very disturbing reports that came from the ground that there were babies that had been beheaded… I think we can now say with relative confidence that unfortunately this is what happened in Be’eri,” he said.

Israeli officials initially avoided discussing the specifics of how its citizens were killed. They instead likened Hamas’ brutality to that of ISIS, the Sunni terror group that beheaded captives and burned prisoners alive.

Palestinians rescue a wounded man from the rubble of a destroyed building following an Israeli airstrike in Rafah, Gaza, on October 13.

Hatem Ali/AP   unquote

Israeli official says government cannot confirm babies were beheaded in Hamas attack | CNN

2 hours ago, taxme said:

Your ignorance is astounding.  Israel is only defending itself, which any nation has a right to do.  They have constantly been attacked by terrorists and you can't see that.  Very tragic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nexii said:

Hamas has rejected the 2 state solution...on multiply occasions Israel is not holding them back, HAMAS is...you might want to check that fact out...All that HAMAS wants is to kill Jews thats their statement not mine, maybe you guys should atleast do some research into your talking points... You can't force them to do something they don't want in the first place...

Now Israel is going to force ordinary Palestinians out , hunt down Hamas and all of it's people and kill them...thats the solution left Hamas wants...

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

...the Israeli government spokeperson(s) said the government cannot confirm the story about heads of babies being cut off.

Backpedaling now won't make much difference, the damage has been done.  Hatred and the thirst for vengeance has been pushed to the center of the global catwalk and you don't get to be neutral.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Backpedaling now won't make much difference, the damage has been done.  Hatred and the thirst for vengeance has been pushed to the center of the global catwalk and you don't get to be neutral.

The Israeli government is not "backpedaling".   News outlets made some of the reports, and the Israel government spokesman simply said they cannot confirm the story.  The damage was done by Hamas that murdered at least 1,200 innocent men, women, children, and babies.  Whether or not the Israeli government is reporting the story accurately doesn't change the barbarism and savagery of Hamas.  Maybe they don't have all the facts yet. They are correct to not make definitive statements if they have not corroborated it.  You should be focused on the perpetrators, not trying to find fault with the Israeli government.

Edited by blackbird

3 hours ago, I am Groot said:

But while every civilian victim is in equal measure undeserving of their tragic fate, moral philosophers have for centuries recognized a key distinction between forms of military action that may be legitimate and forms of terrorism that will always remain illegitimate. In the former, military action is directed against military targets; while some civilian deaths are foreseeable as a consequence of such attacks, soldiers undertake to minimize them insofar as possible. In the latter, political action is directed against civilian targets; the killing of innocents is the goal, not an unintended side effect, of the attack.

https://archive.ph/FaHlg

Given the apparent received wisdom that war is a political tool will there ever be day when moral philosophers recognize a distinction between forms of political action that may be legitimate and forms that are not?  If the possibility of war is a foreseeable consequence of a political action then I'd say the distinction is probably already behind you.

If politics comes first on the path towards war it seems to me the moral philosophers may have missed an important juncture along the way.