Should Hamas support rallies in Canada be stopped?

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

There were in past centuries when the Roman Church ran the Inquisition and tortured and killed heretics.  That was extremism. but that was not in the past century or two or longer.

Well this is what I consider extremism and yes it happened a few centuries ago whrn Christianity was 1600 or 1700 years old. Considering that Islam is 1400 or 1500 years old then it has had less time to evolve. I am sure in 600 years there will be no extremist Muslim or very rare too.

Apart from time of evolution, see what Christ stood for. He stood for love and sacrifice. He sacrificed his life with all the pain he took to save us. He took our sins upon himselves so this was the kind of person he was. So clearly the religion he represents cannot possibly stand for terrorism and hate and bible clearly bans that. 

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Well this is what I consider extremism and yes it happened a few centuries ago whrn Christianity was 1600 or 1700 years old. Considering that Islam is 1400 or 1500 years old then it has had less time to evolve. I am sure in 600 years there will be no extremist Muslim or very rare too.

Apart from time of evolution, see what Christ stood for. He stood for love and sacrifice. He sacrificed his life with all the pain he took to save us. He took our sins upon himselves so this was the kind of person he was. So clearly the religion he represents cannot possibly stand for terrorism and hate and bible clearly bans that. 

It's true that most of the major social reforms in the west have come about only recently. Not even a century ago women weren't allowed to vote or work in certain professions. It was immoral for a woman to show her ankles in public. Gay rights? You would be drummed out of town at the mere mention of it. This attitude has changed just in my lifetime alone.

Canadians don't understand how different it can be in other countries, we are always safe and prosperous, we always have good food and medicine, police and judicial system. We take these things for granted. Meanwhile in some of these middle east countries you show your face in public, they may chop your head off.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, eyeball said:

So how much of it pays before its not worth it 10, 30, 100 percent?

How hard is this for you to undersatnd - they pay EVERY DROP NECESSARY to win the conflict.

These days we tend to be able to do that with Fewer casualties but - whatever is necessary is what's necessary. 100 percent if that's the best we can do.

Which is why you don't pick a war and then hide behind your population.

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Israel can negotiate a better reason to do so any time they like.

Why? They're winning.

11 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

And he accomplished nothing. Islamic republic remained fully in place and more united. Things may have been different if he had chosen to help the nation of Iran who is starving for democracy to overthrow the fu*king mullahs.

He accomplished a lot, but it was short-lived because Biden's weakness turned things 180 degrees for the US/Iran. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

He accomplished a lot, but it was short-lived because Biden's weakness turned things 180 degrees for the US/Iran. 

He accomplished nothing. At the end he wanted to sit with the murderous islamis republic and talked to them in order to raise his election numbers, He was all talk and no action. Old and arrogant who refused to accept the election results and took the US to the brink of civil war or chaos.

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

So how much of it pays before its not worth it 10, 30, 100 percent?

You still do not get the concept of war do you.... all you see is what media shows you shocking pictures to play on your emotions, maybe later you'll watch the hockey game, then you go to bed and have a good night sleep... there a more than a dozen conflicts ongoing globally, and we have heard shit on this forum about those women and kids...with exception of Ukraine...

But when we hear about a terrorist state boom everyone starts crying and protesting....Lets be clear  this is about the terrorist organization Hamas and it's Palestinian supporters ....it is them that are bringing this grief and killing to the rest of the Palestinian people...Israel has had enough of their shit...Hamas has brought this on themselves...

So when is enough, when Hamas ceases to control anything in Gaza, when enough of its fighters have been killed. when it's supporters stop supporting the terrorist...

war is a political tool  and is used when diplomacy fails, it's objective is to kill the others sides citizens be it soldiers or civilians until one side surrenders, or they return back to the diplomatic table....and if that takes 10 % or 100% so be it...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

He accomplished nothing. At the end he wanted to sit with the murderous islamis republic and talked to them in order to raise his election numbers, He was all talk and no action. Old and arrogant who refused to accept the election results and took the US to the brink of civil war or chaos.

Don't be a baby.

Trump gob-smacked Iran and financially crippled them. They were up to nothing.

Biden flooded the mullahs with money, now their proxies are at war against Israel and attacking US bases. 

It's kinda hard not to see the difference, but just keep saying whatever you want dude.That seems to be normal here.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

You still do not get the concept of war do you...

Sure I do, it's exactly what you say war is a political tool  and is used when diplomacy failsit's how stronger nations get their way or impose their will after they've given up on politics. 

You should know by now that I've long been an advocate for a coalition of nations dedicated to making the world a better place by ridding it of dictatorships. I think there must be something about politics that you don't understand.

Patton clearly got it. To bad his peers and political masters didn't.  

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I understand you don't give a shit how many Palestinians are killed at all - the more the merrier is obvious.  I'd like to know from a soldier's point of view not an arsehole.

I suppose if you need the arsehole's opinion you can always consult your mirror :)

I undrestand you prefer to see jews murdered and that's something you really enjoy and if hamas loses this war you might not be able to see Jewish babies getting burned alive anymore.  This is a forum, if you post something people will reply. If you can't cope with that then maybe you shouldn't be on a forum.

11 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You should know by now that I've long been an advocate for a coalition of nations dedicated to making the world a better place by ridding it of dictatorships.

You realize if there were such a thing the first place they'd attack is palestine.

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yes I have, you find moderates who are willing to recognize you.  They do exist.

image.thumb.png.dad2684eef5b6e720befc6adb1ce4898.png

They don't matter. The PEOPLE don't want to reconcile. 

So what happens is that if a leader does, pretty quick they're overthrown and someone who WON'T reconcile comes to power.

There is no negotiating when the people don't want peace, they want genocide.

31 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Sure I do, it's exactly what you say war is a political tool  and is used when diplomacy failsit's how stronger nations get their way or impose their will after they've given up on politics. 

You should know by now that I've long been an advocate for a coalition of nations dedicated to making the world a better place by ridding it of dictatorships. I think there must be something about politics that you don't understand.

Patton clearly got it. To bad his peers and political masters didn't.  

Then you should be standing back and allowing Israel to do it's job...and getting rid of one of the worlds largest terrorist networks...

12 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Then you should be standing back and allowing Israel to do it's job...and getting rid of one of the worlds largest terrorist networks...

I can't get past the initial injustice done to the Palestinians.  This is apparently also a problem for about half the planet.  You either don't get this or simply don't care - that's also a big problem, especially if it's the latter. It effectively makes us enemies here at home.

Edited by eyeball

22 hours ago, taxme said:

But why are the Jews so hated so much?

Let me quote Thomas Sowell, who was asked by a Jew what the Jews should do to stop the hate. His one word answer was simple "Fail". The Jews are successful. They do their very best to raise their kids with discipline, prioritizing their education, overseeing it carefully, demanding hard work from them. And even where parents divorce the father is rarely absent from the kids lives. And so their kids do well at school, generally don't get arrested or have kids at sixteen, and go on to university. Over the generations this has led to a highly successful community. And those who do none of the above are jealous, bitter, and resentful.

The middle east is full of shithole countries no one would want to live in. That was even more the case in the 1940s and 1950s. Somehow the Jews built a country that is very much the envy of every other natoin around them despite being hated and repeatedly attacked.

That is something to be envied. And emulated. Yet none of the nations around them have tried to do the latter.

It's too bad you're a failure, but don't blame Jews for it.

53 minutes ago, eyeball said:

This is apparently also a problem for about half the planet.  You either don't get this or simply don't care - that's also a big problem,

You dismiss the Bible but it actually tells the truth about mankind.  Man is a fallen, corrupt being with an evil heart.

Therefore nations must fight to survive or be taken over by criminals such as the large terrorist organizations in the middle east.  Who do you think runs Iran?  Nice democratic-minded human rights people or deadly dictators like the Ayatollahs?  That is the way the world is.  You don't think Israel has a right to defend itself.  You prove you don't understand the world.  You just wanting nice peaceful countries throughout the world won't make it happen. You live in alternate reality.

48 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You people sure have some nerve accusing others of living in an alternate reality.

Says the guy who thinks there should be no reprocussions for the deaths of thousands of isreali civillians but 'can't get over' the deaths caused as a result of those actions and hamas using people as meat shields.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, eyeball said:

Then negotiate a ceasefire and a peace agreement.

37 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You people sure have some nerve accusing others of living in an alternate reality.

Who are “you people” and what makes you so special?  I just see oversimplifying and equivocating in your comments.  I may not be as religious as Blackbird or as literal when it comes to scripture, but these values underpin much of what is noble and just in a free society.  You give a pass to terrorism and represent a worrisome trend of justifying evil.  

• Like 1