Kevin McCarthy, and the weird phenomenom of the Democrats fueling the Right Wing Extremism

14 hours ago, West said:

May be true but what makes him "right wing"? 

The connection was right there, maybe you missed it? Putin, in your definition, is a fascist dictator. A certain character believes him to be "a genius" and just in case, another totalitarian dictator, "very honorable".

So we have two fascist dictators by your definition, and another character who holds them in very high esteem.

Now to your question: what would the aforementioned character have to do with "right wing"? In your definition.

3 hours ago, myata said:

The connection was right there, maybe you missed it? Putin, in your definition, is a fascist dictator. A certain character believes him to be "a genius" and just in case, another totalitarian dictator, "very honorable".

So we have two fascist dictators by your definition, and another character who holds them in very high esteem.

Now to your question: what would the aforementioned character have to do with "right wing"? In your definition.

If they are totalitarian the would mean they lean left as they impose through government

19 hours ago, Aristides said:

So you don't think they would have all voted to get rid of Pelosi>

This is a question that doesn't need to be a question. In terms of electing (or un-electing) a Speaker the parties have been virtually 100% against candidates from the other party in hope of electing one of their own, or at least someone more desirable. 

I mean really, one has to be pretty confuzzled to think that the 212 Democrats who voted "no" on McCarthy in January would magically turn 180 degrees and vote for him 10 months later. Particularly given the way he's behaved.

He COULD have given the finger to the chaos caucus in his party and worked in good faith with the reasonable Republicans and Democrats to get things done, but he didn't have the balls to stand up to the nuts. Hopefully the next speaker will realize that collaborating with Democrats is better than being held hostage by the dead-enders.

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

This is a question that doesn't need to be a question. In terms of electing (or un-electing) a Speaker the parties have been virtually 100% against candidates from the other party in hope of electing one of their own, or at least someone more desirable. 

I mean really, one has to be pretty confuzzled to think that the 212 Democrats who voted "no" on McCarthy in January would magically turn 180 degrees and vote for him 10 months later. Particularly given the way he's behaved.

He COULD have given the finger to the chaos caucus in his party and worked in good faith with the reasonable Republicans and Democrats to get things done, but he didn't have the balls to stand up to the nuts. Hopefully the next speaker will realize that collaborating with Democrats is better than being held hostage by the dead-enders.

Exactly, so blaming this farce on the Democrats is just idi otic.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, West said:

If they are totalitarian the would mean they lean left as they impose through government

Sure. And the guy who calls them "geniuses" and "very honorable", where would he lean? In your honest and objective view?

Edited by myata

6 hours ago, Deluge said:

I know, you're a left-winger. It explains your deplorability. 

Sure, I'm so deplorable I've been compared to the worst mass murderers in history for 25 years or more now.

Its a little rich seeing how butt-hurt you chuds are after just a few weeks of being deplorable. Give it a couple more years. You'll get over it.

28 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Sure, I'm so deplorable I've been compared to the worst mass murderers in history for 25 years or more now.

Its a little rich seeing how butt-hurt you chuds are after just a few weeks of being deplorable. Give it a couple more years. You'll get over it.

Cool story.

Oh that's right - you're a liar too. We forgot.

Nice whataboutism tho.  Attempting to defend your terrible actions by falsely claiming OTHER PEOPLE have hurt you (Which didn't happen) which justifies your behavior towards these people, and your annoyance that they would dare throw it in your face.

Your parents should be arrested for how you turned out.

2 minutes ago, Legato said:

When Biden found out they'd lost the house speaker he had to sit down and exclaimed "what am I going to play my music on".

" Wait - did you look for it in the corvette? I put stuff i want to keep safe there..."

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Awwww, you mean you really are butt-hurt over all this chud/deplorability business?

Look - i know you're  fixated on my ass, but for the last time while i'm flattered i'm not interested. Yeash!

And no, i'm not butthurt just because you lied about something, hell if that's all it took to get anyone here 'butthurt' given how often you lie nobody'd be able to walk :) 

I'm just calling you out on your bullshit, same as always. You lie to try to justify your bad behavior today and it's worth pointing out :) 

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Nope, deplorability is something you chuds clearly take pride in, that's not a lie.

image.png.ac096e61e024264710cfcd2fe6e94810.png

We pride ourselves that we're not the kind of human garbage who runs around calling people deplorable because they hold different ideas :)

Oh - and it's always a sign i've broken your brain for the day when you meme at me :)   ROFLMAO

Edited by CdnFox

23 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

We pride ourselves that we're not the kind of human garbage who runs around calling people deplorable because they hold different ideas

Except for all the times you've run around associating millions of your fellow citizens with the worst mass murderers in history for holding different ideas than your's.

That's been going on for nearly a century now. You took a break for a decade or so and switched to terrorist lovers/sympathizers/traitors etc but it's back to genocidal murderous dictators again.

5 hours ago, eyeball said:

Except for all the times you've run around associating millions of your fellow citizens with the worst mass murderers in history for holding different ideas than your's.

That's been going on for nearly a century now. You took a break for a decade or so and switched to terrorist lovers/sympathizers/traitors etc but it's back to genocidal murderous dictators again.

It's not about different ideas...it's about destructive, cult-like ideas.

And lying...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

It's not about different ideas...it's about destructive, cult-like ideas.

And lying...

So, is it cult-like to spend decades promoting the idea that millions of your fellow citizens, neighbours and co-coworkers are commies and Nazis?  You figure that's constructive?

Or were you just fibbing?

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, eyeball said:

Except that never happens.  That was our other resident leftie, americana antifa.  Everyone was a nazi to her

But as usual you lie to excuse your own bad behavior :) 

• Haha 1

I have no reasons to lock into partisan agendas so I checked the record on the first McCarty election in January of this year. As it appears he was elected with no help from Democrats, so I don't get what kind of agreement he could have had. The election took the record-setting 16 votes. It's fully legitimate for both parties to put forward their candidates however, by round ten it was clear that a Democrat House speaker isn't going to happen this time.

At this point Dems had a choice: to approach responsible Republicans and attempt to make the House work without a direct manipulation of the extreme. That was a choice and a possibility: a window to make a step back to normality. Any agreement they make would be clear and transparent, in most part. There would be no hooks for the extreme to influence and broader support for Ukraine, that is in the interests of the whole free world at the time when a new Axis of Tyranny is rising. GOP won the House; it is logical that they would have the speaker, and in the interests of the House and the country, that it would a responsible individual with integrity. What could be wrong with that?

It looks to me (but I may not know everything) that the Dems decided to play the zero sum game instead: what hurts the Republicans should be good for them (and for the democracy?). Only we deserve to rule, by the way, did you notice how close it sounds to what trumpists are saying? And Joe in the street just may not grasp the difference.

As a direct result, the favorite for the position is loyalist of Trump, and the possibility of chaos in the House ever higher. Congrats. Chaos is just what Trump's crowd needs before the election, its their favorite habitat. Looks like you're doing it again, ohoh.

It remains to be said that it looks like the culture of partisanship is ingrained very deeply in both parties. That's not great however one looks at it.

And the case of McCarthy of course clearly shows that there can be no useful compromises with the lying authoritarian mob: like the ring of the story it can only bring one down to its level; any claims to use it for anything good are only an illusion or more likely, self-deception and just deception. If good, thinking people cannot find middle ground to work on and for, the country can be in a serious trouble.

Edited by myata