The Truth On Residential Schools Is Suppressed

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

No, but partly right.

"disappearnces' were never really a thing. Sexual abuse happened, of course - it happens in regular schools today for heaven's sake of COURSE it happened back then.  But - there's little to suggest that it was rampant and the idea often portrayed that everyone who attended those schools was sexually abused is !diotic.

But - the nutritional stuff .... that realy happened. SEVERAL times.  The experiments we conducted over 2 decades in the 40's and 50's.   That was some seriously nazi-esque eugenics shit going on there and for SOME reason that's NOT what we're talking about?!?!? We starved and malnourished kids for fun and profit to see what would happen and that gets a pass?

Sure - it was only in sask but it really happened and is undeniable!

The graves thing is a fake story for clicks.  Everyone knew that lots of kids died of illness and mostly tuberculosis - you can't move those bodies safely and every school was also a church with a graveyard so they were buried.  they died at about the same rate they did in the reserves, which is about three times normal (first nations are highly suseptible to tuberculosis - even to this day)

It's worse than that IMO. It completely distracts from the issues with First Nations today. The implication is that because terrible things happened in the past, we need to pour even more money into the apartheid system that we've created. Yes, South Africa came up with apartheid based on Canada's reserve systems. It collapsed there not because of social justice but because it was too expensive.

China isn't entirely wrong when they say we aren't much better than them

No one had easy answers about how to address the fact of people who lived very differently and under harsher conditions than the settlers who began to crowd out the open territories with plots and roads and trains.  For the first 250 years of mostly European settlement, the land seemed infinite.  Public education was one resolution.  The reserve system was another one.  The first was mostly assimilative. The second was mostly about preserving native ways of life.  Neither has been very successful.  Yet no one would deny the value of a good education in the languages of mainstream society.  Meanwhile more settlers are coming today than ever before, all in the name of “progress”.   I think we need to change our notions of progress.  

58 minutes ago, Nexii said:

It's worse than that IMO. It completely distracts from the issues with First Nations today. The implication is that because terrible things happened in the past, we need to pour even more money into the apartheid system that we've created. Yes, South Africa came up with apartheid based on Canada's reserve systems. It collapsed there not because of social justice but because it was too expensive.

Well now it's become an industry.  There's too much money in it NOT to be victims.

And yes it totally distracts from real issues today. But - those who profit from the victimization of the first nations on both sides don't really want those issues solved.

23 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Well now it's become an industry.  There's too much money in it NOT to be victims.

And yes it totally distracts from real issues today. But - those who profit from the victimization of the first nations on both sides don't really want those issues solved.

The victim narrative is exactly what’s holding back so many Indigenous.  Dependency and resentment are taught and incentivized.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh listen....is that noise I hear a herd of backbpeddlars????

Can't find shit so....blame someone else for false claims??

Was it us that started the orange shirt campaign or the indigenous???

FIRST READING: First Nations never said there were mass graves at residential schools

First Nations didn't claim there were deliberately hidden 'mass graves.' Media and activists did

https://nationalpost.com/tag/first-reading/

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 12:21 PM, herbie said:

The reality is that "mass graves" are when you bury a bunch of people in ONE common grave and has been used by everyone to sensationalize the issue. And that has never been claimed by any survivors.

What has been claimed for many, many years is that some kids who died in mysterious circumstances were buried unrecognized on school grounds. The record of students that did die and were never buried in a recognized, recorded manner does exist.

1) You're saying a lot of things that require cites, not just your own opinion.

Do you have a link to a record of a kid that was buried in an unmarked grave at a residential school? Did some parents ever show up to pick up their kid and found out that they died three months earlier and they forgot where the kid was buried? 

I'm not making light of this at all, your accusation is just ridiculous and horrible. You're a greasy little piece of crap for saying that when you know it isn't true. 

We both know that this is just another case of "I renovated my house and tripled its value", G-d liar. 

2) Lots of graves are unmarked now. Is that a crime? Do you know how many people died without being able to afford gravestones? Do you know how long 'gravesticks' last? There is one gravestone in Scotland from the year 450 AD, and nothing from before that. Was that the first person to ever die there? Did everyone else who was born from 300 BC to 300 AD live past 450 AD? 

3) How many marked graves are there in Canada from indigenous people before 1492? Are we to assume that they just arrived here a day before Columbus? 

The well known fact that some were buried and the markers were removed or vandalized proves it did happen.

It's a well-known fact that your comment was just stupid. 

The claim that in one instance, at one place, no bodies were found does not prove that "the issue has been debunked" at all.

The case of "a mass grave at the Kamloops school" has been absolutely debunked. Case closed.

In fact, the assumption that "if there was a mass grave there, it had to be from a genocide" was entirely stupid and misleading. That school was there when things like TB, smallpox and the Spanish flu were killing hundreds of thousands of people. 

The fact that our gov't and MSM went around saying "Teachers murdered a bunch of kids and hid the bodies" is disgusting. 

They were looking at some sticks, dude, and called it a mass murder. It doesn't get any more irresponsible and stupid than that.

Then it took them years to figure out that they were only looking at tree roots, and leftists spent that whole time crying that it was definitely from a genocide

You should be embarrassed, not doubling down, jackass. 

Try to refrain from perpetuating racist bullshit on the thinnest of grounds.

Perpetuating is a good word, hey?

Used properly in a sentence it goes something like: "The dumbest leftists in Canada are still perpetuating the myth of mass murders and mass burials of indigenous children despite the fact that no one has ever alleged that it occurred and there is not one shred of evidence that it did." 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 2:36 PM, CdnFox said:

No, but partly right.

"disappearnces' were never really a thing. Sexual abuse happened, of course - it happens in regular schools today for heaven's sake of COURSE it happened back then.  But - there's little to suggest that it was rampant and the idea often portrayed that everyone who attended those schools was sexually abused is !diotic.

TBH, the people who were in favour of getting a formal education in residential schools would be the exact same people who force kids and young adults to vax today. Not just them, and anyone with a conscience should understand the reasoning behind it.

In 1885 no one had electricity and central heating, but modern homes were far better than what the natives lived in, and the thought of little children growing up in the frozen prairies and far north in stone age accommodations (Igloos? Really?) and never getting access to any formal education whatsoever was a bit much to take for anyone. Just imagine what Jan 14th 1889 was like in Fort Mac for a 6 yr old with his tribe... Of course decent people felt like something needed to be done for them, how could you sleep at night, thinking about it?

Bbut for sure, residential schools were a massive letdown/embarrassment and a complete tragedy for a lot of little kids who never deserved to have anything bad happen to them at all. 

I just wish that people would stop trying to exploit their suffering. 

Honestly, WTF do Trudeau and herbie have to gain from lying about what happened to little kids 140 years ago, or even from when PET was PM?

The suffering was real for a lot of people, the lying and attempts for personal gain from that tragedy is disgusting. 

Edited by WestCanMan

Asking a lot for someone who needs citations to explain the difference between an unmarked grave and a mass burial. Most of us knew in Grade 6.

Aside from the usual Gaslighting, claiming what was posted is the opposite of what was posted, proving that no amount of proof is ever going to convince you the sky is blue and insulting anyone who speaks otherwise is "winning"... what are you trying to prove?
Stories from all over the country from the persons involved proves they're all liars conspiring against white people?

Just who is the jackass?

Edited by herbie

38 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Of course decent people felt like something needed to be done for them, how could you sleep at night, thinking about it?

There can be no doubt - the concept was clearly humanitarian and laudable. The reality may not have worked out that way but for sure the people THOUGHT they were offering a better life.

39 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I just wish that people would stop trying to exploit their suffering. 

I just wish I won the lotto.   Franky - i like my chances of my wish coming true better than yours :)  and i didn't even buy a ticket.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Oh listen....is that noise I hear a herd of backbpeddlars????

Can't find shit so....blame someone else for false claims??

Was it us that started the orange shirt campaign or the indigenous???

FIRST READING: First Nations never said there were mass graves at residential schools

First Nations didn't claim there were deliberately hidden 'mass graves.' Media and activists did

https://nationalpost.com/tag/first-reading/

This is an important article. Indigenous people, like most Canadians, have been sold a false narrative by media carnies and radical left self-proclaimed victim activists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Asking a lot for someone who needs citations to explain the difference between an unmarked grave and a mass burial. Most of us knew in Grade 6.

Aside from the usual Gaslighting, claiming what was posted is the opposite of what was posted, proving that no amount of proof is ever going to convince you the sky is blue and insulting anyone who speaks otherwise is "winning"... what are you trying to prove?
Stories from all over the country from the persons involved proves they're all liars conspiring against white people?

Just who is the jackass?

You don’t seem interested in truth.  You play the victim card for yourself and enjoy when others cry victim without sufficient cause.  

1 hour ago, herbie said:

You need a cite to say that kids were thrown into 'unmarked graves', otherwise known as 'holes in the ground', genius.

Just who is the jackass?

I think you know that you were caught lying and saying stupid things, do we need to re-hash it all?

Do you think that you made a salient point about "removed and vandalized grave markers"? Are the residential schools really responsible for that over the course of 120 years? Do you think that the principals sneak around at night to get rid of the markers, or vandalize them? 

I honestly don't know if you're stupid enough to believe the things that you're saying make sense or if you're a really pathetc liar. 

54 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

This is an important article. Indigenous people, like most Canadians, have been sold a false narrative by media carnies and radical left self-proclaimed victim activists.

I don't even know what to say about residential schools now.

We are given the impression that they were just rape factories, and that everyone in Canada knew about it and they all just loved the fact that every single native kid was being abused on a daily basis.

The Trudeau gov't even tried to make people believe that there were mass grave sites where little kids' bodies were casually discarded like chicken bones in a 'genocide'. 

As usual, a leftist government in NA is actively causing racial division for no good reason, because a lot of natives and native children will believe that the majority of white people really do hate them that much. 

I don't hate many things more than cancer, but Trudeau is one of them. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Herbie can "renovate a house and triple its value". He's done it before. The man needs to be believed!

Because I did and you can't figure out how let alone do..

Doing and reasoning seems to be beyond you. Such obstinate racists the whole subject is just victim playing even if the country admitted and apologized for doing it... it therefore can't be true in their books. The natives, the govt, the linraries, even MSM Google are all lying.  "Everybody" says so...

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, herbie said:

ROFLMAO  - did the house happen to have the words "barbie" or "Dreamhouse" on it anywhere?  :)

Just stop with that already - i've already lost one keyboard when you said it the first time while i was drinking coffee

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, herbie said:

Unless you expanded your lot, or moved it to a better area, you didn't triple the value of your house by just "renovating" it lol. Anyone who thinks that you did is as ignorant of real estate values as you are.

Doing and reasoning seems to be beyond you.

That's just verbal diarrhea. 

Such obstinate racists the whole subject is just victim playing even if the country admitted

The 'country' never "admitted to doing" anything, Trudeau just ran his idi0t mouth, and the mass gravesite that he babbled about was just some sticks. 

it therefore can't be true in their books.

Something is true, and really bad things happened to some kids who were at the rez schools, but Trudeau's version of events and especially his account of the underlying evils and of society's general knowledge of and acceptance of what was happening there is pure bunk.

Maybe his dad knew about the atrocities there and was ok with it, because he was in a position to know literally everything about them and he obviously had the power to say/do something about it, but no one I know was aware of that while it was happening. 

If there's any blame at all down at the peon level it's for the MSM who would be in a position to make people aware of it, like this guy did: https://www.pbs.org/video/metrofocus-story-revealed-willowbrooks-horrors/#:~:text=We look back at journalist,the face of mental health.

But you'd never admit that there's anything wrong with our MSM, would you? So maybe you should just shut up and take anther zero. God knows you should be accustomed to it by now. 

The natives, the govt, the linraries, even MSM Google are all lying.  "Everybody" says so...

What are they all saying? Are they saying that there are mass graves? I guess they're pretty stupid then, aren't they, because now we know that aren't any. That's a just a fact, and we know that...

In the spring of 2021, a series of ground-penetrating radar surveys near the sites of former Indian Residential Schools uncovered anomalies that appeared to be consistent with children’s graves. In the nationwide protests that followed, more than 60 Canadian churches were vandalized or destroyed, and statues were pulled down in virtually every major city.

More than 60 churches were attacked and.... What about Trudeau and the MSM who told these lies over and over for years?

Here's something for you to read, but jst be warned, it's coming from a guy who "never researches anything"....

But there’s just one problem with claims that this was all an engineered hoax: The preliminary claims of First Nations performing the surveys did not state that these were “mass graves,” that they were deliberately concealed or that they were the result of homicide. At least in the beginning, the claims of “mass graves” or mass murder would stem mostly from foreign outlets.

So you see, stupid, it wasn't the natives themselves who said that they were mass graves. It wasn't even "libraries". It was mostly foreign outlets. 

The events of 2021 all kicked off with a May 27 press release from Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc announcing that a radar survey near the former Kamloops Indian Residential School had found “confirmation of the remains of 215 children.”

In case yo missed it:

a radar survey near the former Kamloops Indian Residential School had found “confirmation of the remains of 215 children.”

Turns out "confirmation" meant "certified bullshit, suitable for consumption by leftards". 

What’s scary is that mere conjecture has been granted the status of official Truth. In fact, merely asking for evidence and pointing out the fact that no evidence of secret burials and murders has come forward is described by some as “denialuam”.  The federal government played along so that they could be seen as the ones to seek justice and save the Indians.  In actual fact they distorted reality and stoked anger, division, and shame.  It makes a mockery of the real incidents of abuse and neglect at residential schools, and it prevents us from having an honest discussion about what government got right and wrong within the historic context of Indigenous education.

I didn’t know that residential schools were freely chosen by parents.  I didn’t understand the impacts of overcrowding on disease and how the causes of these conditions were themselves a complex mix of neglect, competing funding demands, ignorance, etc.  Most people thought that they were helping Indigenous, and in the context of the times, through the perspectives of the people providing publicly funded education, they were giving Indigenous a leg up.

It’s like asking the question, Was the settlement of Canada a good thing?  It depends who you ask, where, and when.  Yet few would choose to live as a pre-European contact Indigenous person today.  Few would say that education in the languages of mainstream society wasn’t valuable. For all that was lost much was gained, including for Indigenous.  This government certainly has no problem with continuing to bring in immigrants to settle Canada. 

Characterizing settlers and their cultures as bad is simplistic.  It’s always about individuals and their contributions, as well as specific policies and their consequences, not pitting this group against that one and characterizing one as evil and the other as noble.

Edited by Zeitgeist

8 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

False.

One year ago today, the leaders of the British Columbia First Nation Band Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc announced the discovery of a mass grave of more than 200 Indigenous children detected at a residential school in British Columbia.

“We had a knowing in our community that we were able to verify. To our knowledge, these missing children are undocumented deaths,” Rosanne Casimir, chief of the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc, said in a statement on May 27, 2021."

Kamloops mass grave debunked: 'Biggest fake news in Canada' (nypost.com)

38 minutes ago, blackbird said:

False.

One year ago today, the leaders of the British Columbia First Nation Band Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc announced the discovery of a mass grave of more than 200 Indigenous children detected at a residential school in British Columbia.

“We had a knowing in our community that we were able to verify. To our knowledge, these missing children are undocumented deaths,” Rosanne Casimir, chief of the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc, said in a statement on May 27, 2021."

Kamloops mass grave debunked: 'Biggest fake news in Canada' (nypost.com)

But even there the media called it mass graves but i can't find a single quote of the first nations doing so.  This story doesn't actually quote a first nations person referring to it as a 'mass grave' either.

They say they were missing and undocumeted children - and i'd tend to say that's not quite true.  POORLY documented perhaps but so far i haven't heard of a single account where there are reports of children just going missing that were filed with any authority.  The churches definitely documented deaths -but often did a poor job of recording names and such, just 2 boys and 3 girls died this month of tuberculosis etc.

24 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

But even there the media called it mass graves but i can't find a single quote of the first nations doing so.  This story doesn't actually quote a first nations person referring to it as a 'mass grave' either.

Try this story.

“The local Indigenous leaders most directly involved in last summer’s ‘discoveries’ tended to be the most cautious of all the various participants in the rancorous public debates. In some cases, those local leaders had never even intended to draw any public attention to the ‘ground truth’ work they were overseeing at the residential school sites that ended up the subject of all those shocking headlines,” wrote National Post columnist Terry Glavin in a detailed account last May of how the 2021 graves issue was misrepresented by Canadian and international media.

A notable exception, however, came in a series of resolutions adopted at the July 2021 annual general meeting of the Assembly of First Nations. T’kemlups Chief Rosanna Casimir moved a successful motion which referred to the discovery of the 215 suspected graves as a “mass grave.”

Resolution number 01/2021 stated “the mass grave discovered at the former Kamloops Indian Residential School reveals Crown conduct reflecting a pattern of genocide against Indigenous peoples,” and called on Canadian authorities to establish a “verified list of all known locations of mass graves.”

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/first-nations-graves#:~:text=T'kemlups Chief Rosanna Casimir,as a “mass grave.”

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Resolution number 01/2021 stated “the mass grave discovered at the former Kamloops Indian Residential School reveals Crown conduct reflecting a pattern of genocide against Indigenous peoples,” and called on Canadian authorities to establish a “verified list of all known locations of mass graves.”

Fair enough

On 8/28/2023 at 5:45 PM, Nexii said:

I don't think that the reserves system is great, it de-motivates people, but don't forget that FN people get free university education if they want it, they can work without paying taxes if they live on the res, and they can move off the res and live like anyone else if they want to.

China sucks, but you're right when you say that our current gov't isn't much better than theirs. 

13 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Was it really the media or was it the indigenous themselves?

I read and saw quotes from the indigenous on "grave" sites as well as their leaders making comments and accusations. They started the orange shirt thing . It seems they jumped on what they thought could be beneficial for them and now, once there is no proof of the accusations are backpedalling and trying to blame someone else.

The missing and murdered women thing is the same...the real reports are edited and/or withheld because perhaps it is the indigenous themselves that are murdering their women?

Edited by ExFlyer