Georgia State Senators move to impeach PFW (Phony Fani Willis)

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Why don't you do a little research on your own? 

I just may have to, because I get absolutely nothing from you people. lol

Just now, Aristides said:

I know this is a waste of time but.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/ice-sheets/

Yeah, I've seen something like that before. Where has all that water gone? Whose shores are now beneath water? 

18 minutes ago, Deluge said:

I just may have to, because I get absolutely nothing from you people. lol

Yeah, I've seen something like that before. Where has all that water gone? Whose shores are now beneath water? 

Caribbean and Pacific islands are already significantly impacted. Every lowland and coastal region should be preparing for similar pain.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You have seen it but blow it off because it doesn't tell you something you want to hear.

OMG. The stone age shamans were right, and their human sacrifices weren't in vain. If only we'd listened.

Now I'm embarrassed by my great, great^500 grandfather Gronk's stubborn refusal to believe the experts. ?

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Impacted how? 

Global sea levels have risen by 20 cm in the last 120 years. For real. 

Hawaii was a continent the size of Africa in 1999 but global warming floodwaters swallowed most of it up.

When my great grandfather was a lad he used to sit on the edge of the Mariana Trench and dangle his toes in the water, now you can't even get to it with a snorkel and flippers. 

The struggle is real, and every cm of that ocean rise is due to coal, cars and farting cows (I guess bison never farted when there were tens of millions of them). 

3 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Impacted how? 

Houses gone. Freshwater contaminated. Crops and fields salted. Roads no longer viable. Some of those island nations are simply going to cease to exist. Tuvalu and Kiribati are poster children.

These are places and people that have played little to no role in driving climate change, but will be among the first to face existential threat. 

35 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Global sea levels have risen by 20 cm in the last 120 years. For real. 

Hawaii was a continent the size of Africa in 1999 but global warming floodwaters swallowed most of it up.

When my great grandfather was a lad he used to sit on the edge of the Mariana Trench and dangle his toes in the water, now you can't even get to it with a snorkel and flippers. 

The struggle is real, and every cm of that ocean rise is due to coal, cars and farting cows (I guess bison never farted when there were tens of millions of them). 

My God, this is a global crisis!

We better leave all motorized transportation to elitist a$$holes, like Al Gore. They know exactly how much pollution they can give the atmosphere without it killing us all! 

Edited by Deluge
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Houses gone. Freshwater contaminated. Crops and fields salted. Roads no longer viable. Some of those island nations are simply going to cease to exist. Tuvalu and Kiribati are poster children.

These are places and people that have played little to no role in driving climate change, but will be among the first to face existential threat. 

They'd better get their asses out of there, toot sweet. Do you libs have an exit plan for them? They need to come to the US where the Blue States can house and feed them. 

9 minutes ago, Deluge said:

They'd better get their asses out of there, toot sweet. Do you libs have an exit plan for them? They need to come to the US where the Blue States can house and feed them. 

This is exactly the level of empathy and engagement I expected. Just fark everyone else, as long as you get what you want. Okay.

6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

For one thing, the Maldives will likely disappear in a few years. So will a lot of other atolls and low lying islands and cities.

A few years? How fast were sea levels rising the last time that you checked? 

The scariest number I saw as 3.5mm one year or something like that. 

What cities will be inundated with floodwaters if sea levels go up by one cm? You said "a few years", and a few is 3.

Thank God I didn't buy West Edmonton Mall. 

23 minutes ago, Hodad said:

This is exactly the level of empathy and engagement I expected. Just fark everyone else, as long as you get what you want. Okay.

Who said that?

I'm perfectly willing to hamstring our economy/aid China's green economy six ways from Sunday so that they can produce hundreds of new coal-fired plants to burn North American coal in their zero-emissions plants (?), and so that Bill Gates, Al Gore, Leo DiCaprio and the rest of the climate do-gooders can fly in their private jets and cruise around in their mega-yachts without a care in the world. I want David Suzuki and Bernie Sanders to be able to chill out in any one of their several homes with complete confidence that the peons are sacrificing as much as they possibly can to save the world. 

Let's sacrifice some virgins if that's what it takes. Sadly, like everyone else who ever advocated for virgin sacrifice, I can't get my virginity back, ya know? 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

10% of the worlds population lives less than 10 M above sea level. 13% of the worlds urban areas are in low level coastal zones

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/09/11-sinking-cities-that-could-soon-be-underwater/

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

10% of the worlds population lives less than 10 M above sea level. 13% of the worlds urban areas are in low level coastal zones

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/09/11-sinking-cities-that-could-soon-be-underwater/

If the oceans rise 10 mm in the next 3 years:

ScreenShot2023-08-22at1_23_05PM.thumb.png.45bd81b6601b1d890efb8915de1bad4e.png

OMG, is that crakhobarbie's dumpster/place of employment there? Is that NYLefty's racist haven way in the back?

Where will all of the wisdom come from when the wave hits? Where will we go to find the real, unfiltered CNN-certified version of the truth? Oh yeah, CNN. DOH!

Still, I'm gonna eat farting cows as fast as I can to save the planet because you can never be too careful.

What are you gonna do? 

P.S.: Do pigs fart too? Cuz I can eat bacon like a mofo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hodad said:

That's pure nonsense. The global economy has delivered you, and everyone else, a MUCH better standard of living. Even the people without skills are living better than their unskilled predecessors.

lol...what horseshit.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

lol...what horseshit.

How does one get to be your age, not know anything about the world, and still have such calcified opinions? 

The US, Canada and other developed nations are absolutely the beneficiaries of globalization, exploiting low-cost production in other countries--sometimes to mutual benefit and sometimes not. It's why you can afford a closet full of clothing, a household full of electronics, and why you can buy strawberries in January.

This isn't even a question or point of debate among economists. The global marketplace is how the US became the dominant economic power on the planet and how the population became materially spoiled. -- You're welcome.

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

A few years? How fast were sea levels rising the last time that you checked? 

The scariest number I saw as 3.5mm one year or something like that. 

What cities will be inundated with floodwaters if sea levels go up by one cm? You said "a few years", and a few is 3.

Thank God I didn't buy West Edmonton Mall. 

Floodwater. That’s what you mentioned, right?

Like the floodwaters which put New Orleans under water, that floodwater? And Houston? And Florida, over and over? And the Bahamas? And Puerto Rico? Because that’s where the danger lies. Nearly every major city is built at sea level, next to a large, navigable water. Guess we can all move to Denver?

One centimeter of sea level is trillions of tons of sea water.  

Edited by Rebound

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Floodwater. That’s what you mentioned, right?

Like the floodwaters which put New Orleans under water, that floodwater? And Houston? And Florida, over and over? And the Bahamas? And Puerto Rico? Because that’s where the danger lies. Nearly every major city is built at sea level, next to a large, navigable water. Guess we can all move to Denver?

One centimeter of sea level is trillions of tons of sea water.  

... and Galveston in 1905?

No, those were storm surges from hurricanes. It's not the same thing as a permanent rise in the sea level but in all fairness. I guess that I never spelled that out to you in painstaking detail before so it's not surprising that you don't know that yet. 

16 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

... and Galveston in 1905?

No, those were storm surges from hurricanes. It's not the same thing as a permanent rise in the sea level but in all fairness. I guess that I never spelled that out to you in painstaking detail before so it's not surprising that you don't know that yet. 

Yeah, Galveston 1905… except, these 1 in 100 year events are now occurring every 2-3 years.