Trump should be disqualified - US Profs

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-disqualified-holding-office-conservative-121920656.html

A new case is being made that he should be disqualified at federal and state levels, due to section 3 of the 14th amendment which bars insurrectionists.

This is a new vulnerability for him, because you would really only need a swing state judge to disqualify him to make an impact overall.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-disqualified-holding-office-conservative-121920656.html

A new case is being made that he should be disqualified at federal and state levels, due to section 3 of the 14th amendment which bars insurrectionists.

This is a new vulnerability for him, because you would really only need a swing state judge to disqualify him to make an impact overall.

Oh boy! Did the news make you cream your jeans? 

Now...Mr. Mike...perhaps you'd be honest enough to point out where Trump became an insurectionist?

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Oh boy! Did the news make you cream your jeans? 

Now...Mr. Mike...perhaps you'd be honest enough to point out where Trump became an insurectionist?

Read the Fourteenth Amendment, Section Three. 
Men have been convicted of Seditious Conspiracy over the January 6 attacks.  Anyone who gave Aid and Comfort to those men is disqualified from office.  Donald Trump has offered to pardon them if re-elected.  That’s giving aid and comfort.  
On January 6, among other things, Donald Trump told the insurrectionists that he loved them. That’s comforting. 

The Fourteenth Amendment to the US Constitution is not an option. It is not something for voters to consider. It is not subject to law; it is the Supreme Law of the United States. 

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. You're baiting.  The charges are already in the public sphere.  I didn't say how I feel about it, do you have a substantive comment?

We don’t get to decide whether we want to Constitution to apply. It says what it says   

The Fourteenth Amendment does not say that you need to be convicted of the crime of insurrection. If you aided an insurrectionist and you previously took an oath, then it applies. It only applies to people who have previously taken an oath of office.  So the other people who participated in the insurrection, even those convicted, are eligible to run for office unless they previously took an oath. Trump took the oath of office as President. 

“No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

On Jan 6:

"Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth."

”This was a fraudulent election, but we can't play into the hands of these people. We have to have peace. So go home. We love you. You're very special.

“We love you. You’re very special”: That is very comforting, isn’t it?  

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Read the Fourteenth Amendment, Section Three. 
Men have been convicted of Seditious Conspiracy over the January 6 attacks.  Anyone who gave Aid and Comfort to those men is disqualified from office.  Donald Trump has offered to pardon them if re-elected.  That’s giving aid and comfort.  
On January 6, among other things, Donald Trump told the insurrectionists that he loved them. That’s comforting. 

The Fourteenth Amendment to the US Constitution is not an option. It is not something for voters to consider. It is not subject to law; it is the Supreme Law of the United States. 

LOL...so thin. I hope he does pardon every last one of them.

21 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. You're baiting.  The charges are already in the public sphere.  I didn't say how I feel about it, do you have a substantive comment?

So no facts...just accusations.

Ya...this is normal for you Libbies.

47 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

LOL...so thin. I hope he does pardon every last one of them.

There you go again, defending CONVICTED CRIMINALS.

Do you have ANY respect for the law? ?

47 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

So no facts...just accusations.

Ya...this is normal for you Libbies.

Felony CONVICTIONS of Trump's MAGA GOONS.

You just ignore that THEY SAID Trump ordered them to do it IN COURT.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Trump isn't an insurrectionist, so the 14th Amendment has no application here. 

Thanks for trying, though. ;)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, robosmith said:

There you go again, defending CONVICTED CRIMINALS.

Do you have ANY respect for the law?

Quite a bit more than you do...Tweenkie-Poo.

44 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Felony CONVICTIONS of Trump's MAGA GOONS.

You just ignore that THEY SAID Trump ordered them to do it IN COURT.

Trump ordered no such thing. Gawd you lie with ease. What a pathetic little Tweenkie-Poo.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Quite a bit more than you do...Tweenkie-Poo.

Trump ordered no such thing. Gawd you lie with ease. What a pathetic little Tweenkie-Poo.

Are you illiterate? I didn't say Trump ordered them. I said they claimed he ordered them, IN COURT.

You know it really doesn't matter what you believe; it ONLY matters what Trump's GOONS believed.

They're the ones that carried out the insurrection FOR HIM. Hence the CONSPIRACY CHARGES.

You really are much denser than I thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

Are you illiterate? I didn't say Trump ordered them. I said they claimed he ordered them, IN COURT.

You know it really doesn't matter what you believe; it ONLY matters what Trump's GOONS believed.

They're the ones that carried out the insurrection FOR HIM. Hence the CONSPIRACY CHARGES.

You really are much denser than I thought.

Its always someone else with you Libbies.

You wouldn't have brought it up, if you didn't think Trump did order an "insurrection".

The "insurrection" that wasn't. Just like the Russia hoax...the Ukraine hoax...and all the other hoaxes that have been concocted. You Libbies are scared to death of Trump. And after watching what you've been doing...I don't blame you. If he comes to power again, he'll undo everything Biden's done, and while the economy recovers, he'll undo all your heroes too.

Dispelling all the legal 'bullshiteze', Trump should be disqualified and Biden  be impeached. But that could only happen in a perfect world. One is really no better than the other, and are polling about the same for 2024. And the problems that plague America will go on as long as one of them hold office.

56 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Its always someone else with you Libbies.

You wouldn't have brought it up, if you didn't think Trump did order an "insurrection".

The "insurrection" that wasn't. Just like the Russia hoax...the Ukraine hoax...and all the other hoaxes that have been concocted. You Libbies are scared to death of Trump. And after watching what you've been doing...I don't blame you. If he comes to power again, he'll undo everything Biden's done, and while the economy recovers, he'll undo all your heroes too.

The fact is you know next to nothing about the evidence against Trump, so ^these OPINIONS are meaningless.

Your cognitive dissonance prevents you from even considering ALL the evidence.

Your auto-rejection just invalidates your JUDGEMENT. ?

55 minutes ago, suds said:

Dispelling all the legal 'bullshiteze', Trump should be disqualified and Biden  be impeached. But that could only happen in a perfect world. One is really no better than the other, and are polling about the same for 2024. And the problems that plague America will go on as long as one of them hold office.

Impeached for what "high crimes and misdemeanors"?

9 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Just because a few stupid people said that he's an insurrectionist doesn't make it so.

"He questioned a bunch of known election cheaters and then told people to 'peacefully walk to the capitol', *shudder* he has to be stopped! I'm butthurt! ? "

? 

The Jan 6th show trial is even more transparent than the Russian collusion show trial was. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, robosmith said:

The fact is you know next to nothing about the evidence against Trump, so ^these OPINIONS are meaningless.

Your cognitive dissonance prevents you from even considering ALL the evidence.

Your auto-rejection just invalidates your JUDGEMENT. ?

The fact is...its very doubtful that

A. This will get to court before the 2024 election

B. Any of these charges will stick.

All this is, is a Tweenkie's way of trying to disqualify Trump. Why? Hatred and fear.

Its disgusting and deserves a good response. I pray the response is swift and decisive.

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

The fact is...its very doubtful that

A. This will get to court before the 2024 election

B. Any of these charges will stick.

Federal prosecutions have a very strong winning percentage of ~95%.

And if Trump keeps violating the court's orders, Chutkan will accelerate the schedule to NEXT MONTH. LMAO

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

All this is, is a Tweenkie's way of trying to disqualify Trump. Why? Hatred and fear.

Its disgusting and deserves a good response. I pray the response is swift and decisive.

Yes, Trump's attempt to overturn the election was HIS Nth step towards fascism, and that is DISGUSTING.

As is your BLIND DEFENSE of his lawless actions. ?

Hitler was also re-elected AFTER his conviction for a FAILED insurrection, and immediately set out the dismantle democracy in Germany.

Hopefully the American voters are smarter than the Germans were.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

doing some digging around in the US code and not finding where if Trump is convicted that would bar from running for president or being president if he won. 

It is one of the penalties for sedition. However, Smith decided not to charge that (yet), because he's on bullet train to beat the election.

How Seditious Conspiracy Is Different From Insurrection

It says that “whoever incites, sets on foot, assists or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto” is guilty of that offense. Its penalty is up to 10 years in prison and disqualification from holding federal office.May 25, 2023

8 minutes ago, robosmith said:

It is one of the penalties for sedition. However, Smith decided not to charge that (yet), because he's on bullet train to beat the election.

How Seditious Conspiracy Is Different From Insurrection

It says that “whoever incites, sets on foot, assists or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto” is guilty of that offense. Its penalty is up to 10 years in prison and disqualification from holding federal office.May 25, 2023

1) I can't see past the NYT paywall for the same reason that I don't pay to drink out of public toilets. What about May 25th, 2023? Did they amend the statute on that day? 

2) OMG, are leftists finally interested in learning what the word 'sedition' means, or do you still think that angry mobs are 'seditious' ?

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1) I can't see past the NYT paywall for the same reason that I don't pay to drink out of public toilets. What about May 25th, 2023? Did they amend the statute on that day? 

What about May 25th? It was a tragedy that Tina Turner died.

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

2) OMG, are leftists finally interested in learning what the word 'sedition' means, or do you still think that angry mobs are 'seditious' ?

Since you probably didn't see it on FOS LIES, several of the coup leaders on the ground were convicted of seditious conspiracy. Duh.

12 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

doing some digging around in the US code and not finding where if Trump is convicted that would bar from running for president or being president if he won. 

Fourteenth Amendment of the US Constitution, Section 3. 
A man named Couy Griffin has been removed from office in New Mexico because he participated in the January 6 insurrection.  The same group that successfully sued to remove Griffin, CREW, is now going after Trump, on the same grounds. So I sent them money.