Jason Aldean Song Triggers Leftist Snowflakes

Leftists say that his song is a call to violence against minorities because it basically condemns rioting, looting, violent crime, etc., and idolizes smaller towns where those types of violent activities aren't praised. 

As a conservative I don't believe that crime is specific to certain races, it's specific to a political party. 

Theoretically the song is universally reviled but the likes and dislikes on YouTube tell a different story:

I'm not a fan of country music, but I love anything that leftists hate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, robosmith said:

Neither of those is the Capitol. Duh.

What's the difference? 

Does it matter where a crime is committed.

I suppose that will be your answer if anyone tried to storm you home? ?

Edited by betsy

8 minutes ago, NYLefty said:

Best way to fvck Nazis and their message of hate is right in the wallet

Isn't there supposed to be something called 'shame' in our social sphere ?  That would mean a kind of lasting social stigma attached to behaviour that is outside what the community finds acceptable ?

Can you only get good behaviour from people by paying them ?  Doesn't that mean everything is up for sale at a price ?

17 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm not a fan of country music, but I love anything that leftists hate. 

Same here, man. lol

17 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

My belief is that crime is tied to poverty or the prospect of becoming poor. About this song... yawn. However, the artist is laughing so hard he may have wet himself a few times. 

Crime is also tied to boredom, and that may be the biggest reason of all, as rich and poor people get bored. 

3 hours ago, reason10 said:

Nope. The DemoNazis illegally took power.  And Nazi  Peiosi is to blame for that minor dustup on Jan 6.

As far as being offended by a song...

May be an image of text

Sorry but your and Trump's mere claims mean NOTHING in court where EVIDENCE TALKS and BULLSHIT walks. LMAO

Too bad NEITHER of you HAS ANY.

But it's clear NEITHER YOU NOR ALDEAN has any respect for the LAW and are as big of criminals as the subject of his song.

1 hour ago, betsy said:

What's the difference? 

Does it matter where a crime is committed.

I suppose that will be your answer if anyone tried to storm you home? ?

The DIFFERENCE is where the VOTES are being COUNTED or OVERTURNED. 

Simple assault does NOT have the repercussions of democracy being DESTROYED. 

Though FASCISTS often employ the latter to achieve the former, but ONLY in the Capitol where the votes are COUNTED. Duh.

12 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Sorry but your and Trump's mere claims mean NOTHING in court where EVIDENCE TALKS and BULLSHIT walks. LMAO

Too bad NEITHER of you HAS ANY.

But it's clear NEITHER YOU NOR ALDEAN has any respect for the LAW and are as big of criminals as the subject of his song.

Too bad you're fkcing STUPID.

Nothing in Aldean's song suggests breaking any laws.

17 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

My belief is that crime is tied to poverty or the prospect of becoming poor.

There's definitely a strong correlation,  should have said that "celebrating/advocating for violent crime is specific to one political party".

About this song... yawn. However, the artist is laughing so hard he may have wet himself a few times. 

What country song isn't "yawn"?

TBH this song is probably a day late and a dollar short, but maybe he was being overly cautious with the timing of the release. He's an artist, they don't have clocks.

55 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

There's definitely a strong correlation,  should have said that "celebrating/advocating for violent crime is specific to one political party".

What country song isn't "yawn"?

TBH this song is probably a day late and a dollar short, but maybe he was being overly cautious with the timing of the release. He's an artist, they don't have clocks.

He is making some serious income because of this controversy. Had no one objected.. it is just another song and probably in a few years gets put in the dustbin. 

33 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Too bad you're fkcing STUPID.

Nothing in Aldean's song suggests breaking any laws.

TBH, when he says "try that in a small town" it's assumed that he means "...and you'll get your ass kicked".

That being said:

1) It's not even a crime in Canada for a citizen to use reasonable force to prevent a crime. In the US you can probably use a bazooka on someone who litters.

2) I think Jason Aldean is ok with people getting punched in the face for burning a flag, and if you wanna burn a flag and someone says "I'll punch you in the face if you do", it's basically consensual violence. The courts don't try to sort out who's guilty of what in that instance.

Ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances.  

23 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

He is making some serious income because of this controversy.

Fair enough. I don't find that objectionable.

IMO it's actually commendable that someone stepped up to make a strong, reasonable statement in defence of American values and law & order. 

41 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

He is making some serious income because of this controversy. Had no one objected.. it is just another song and probably in a few years gets put in the dustbin. 

It IS difficult to sell songs in the music market today. The record companies have no control AT ALL over what is released. They had control in the past because recording cost so much money. It cost the Beatles 30,000 pounds to record Sgt. Pepper on four tracks and that took a year. Today, you can download an UNLIMITED track recording studio for your computer FOR FREE. So the music market is flooded.

Aldean wrote from the heart, but releasing that song in today's political  shitstorm climate was a work of marketing GENIUS.

5 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Aldean wrote from the heart, but releasing that song in today's political  shitstorm climate was a work of marketing GENIUS.

I wish that it was a "work of genius".

IMO he just actually had the balls to say something that no one else would. 

In either event, he earned his coin.