Poilievre tells Trudeau to 'butt out' of New Brunswick's policy on LGBTQ students

When, how LGB+++ "problem" became the most pressing issue in the country? What kind of f@-ing nonsense circus is this? How much more ridiculous can it get and what's there to stop it from going total nuts in this country saddled with real, daily problems? Any ideas?

Edited by myata

3 minutes ago, myata said:

When, how LGB+++ "problem" became the most pressing issue in the country?

COVID is water under the bridge and Poilivre's deplorables needed something else to feed on.

How much more ridiculous can it get and what's there to stop it from going total nuts? Any ideas?

Get a grip.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

Not just but definitely mostly.  Consider this conservatives take;

You disagree? I think it's a constant underlying sentiment that at least a third of conservatives have accepted and shared without question for decades and decades. 

Once again horse shit,If i followed your logic then  i guess their are no gay conservatives,(those in the conservative cabinet are faking) and everyone that is gay is liberal, i know your not a liberal, but the further you go to the left does that mean the more gay you are... 

while my remarks are horseshit...unless you are gay then by all means you be you...

9 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Once again horse shit,If i followed your logic then  i guess their are no gay conservatives,(those in the conservative cabinet are faking) and everyone that is gay is liberal, i know your not a liberal, but the further you go to the left does that mean the more gay you are... 

while my remarks are horseshit...unless you are gay then by all means you be you...

Did I say all conservatives? No, I clearly gave a pass to at least 2/3's of you who are not deplorable.

The only question is why so many of the 2/3's give the deplorables such a pass. They must either be desperate or in the closet.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, eyeball said:

and Poilivre's deplorables

Really? Justine and NDP in arms for the Great Liberation Call, school administrations rewrite traditions with a strike of a pen, courts can't have it soon enough and it's all His fault (not that I'm a fan - no sh*tloads of smart chatting can be a solution for the magnitude of this country's problem)? Just to mention, who needs a grip here.

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

1. Did I say all conservatives? No, I clearly gave a pass to at least 2/3's of you who are not deplorable.

2. The only question is why so many of the 2/3's give the deplorables such a pass. They must either be desperate or in the closet.

1. Gee THANKS !
2. Well I really don't allow people to ATTEMPT to engage in politics in the public sphere without any discenerable principles.  Who would ?

I do, however, believe that some of the Convoy people are doing an initial version of "wokeness" by waking up from their slumber and noticing that politicians exist. 

And my bad intuition tells me that they may eventually recognize a Polieve Polietician in a suit and patent leather shoes with lifts... as somehow being on their side.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

I do, however, believe that some of the Convoy people are doing an initial version of "wokeness" by waking up from their slumber and noticing that politicians exist. 

And not only that they're even getting all woke to politicians colluding and conniving with Big Pharma, Big Oil, Big fill-in-blank here yadda yadda.

A little too late IMO but better than never.

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

And not only that they're even getting all woke to politicians colluding and conniving with Big Pharma, Big Oil, Big fill-in-blank here yadda yadda.

A little too late IMO but better than never.

Not late if it keeps going.

As I have pointed out, I'm with a lot of Canadians in that I sympathized with those beaten down by the pandemic even if I didn't agree with the methods.

But the people that I knew that WENT to Ottawa... my God... had no idea what politics even was before.  So that's something.  If you want a real change in our country, in our democracy, you can engage such people in the entire system and plug them into people who can explain what is really going on - not with people who will use them to get the carbon tax cancelled, then throw them away.

On 6/28/2023 at 3:09 PM, TreeBeard said:

Because the chance of abuse is very real.  Why would anyone of sound mind think they should put a child in danger?

Does that mean you don't think parents should be told if junior acts up? Or should be informed of junior's marks? Because the chance of abuse is very real?

22 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Does that mean you don't think parents should be told if junior acts up? Or should be informed of junior's marks? Because the chance of abuse is very real?

They shouldn't be told what pronuoun Junior has indicated they'd like to be referred to at school unless Junior has given their permission.

You'll probably only need their permission for all the other things you've mentioned if you keep trying to deny them a simple pronoun.

I'd suggest you take a big breath and get a grip instead 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

They shouldn't be told what pronuoun Junior has indicated they'd like to be referred to at school unless Junior has given their permission.

You'll probably only need their permission for all the other things you've mentioned if you keep trying to deny them a simple pronoun.

Why are parents being deliberately left out of the info regarding their children...Some on here state becasue it is dangerous... and yet if the parents are already prone to violence then what would stop the parents from beating their children , for the school calling and saying they have poor marks, miss classes, or got into a fight and was expelled...why is keeping a pronoun the exception to this issue...or does their safety only count when it has to do with any LGBTQ topic... and for the rest how cares, shit happens...

When the main priority should be the Childs safety, and any info of a Childs safety should be passed on to the proper people... And anything to do with their child should be reported to the parents UNLESS there is a known abuse problem...

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Did I say all conservatives? No, I clearly gave a pass to at least 2/3's of you who are not deplorable.

The only question is why so many of the 2/3's give the deplorables such a pass. They must either be desperate or in the closet.

This is your remarks below right...last time i checked mostly would infer to the majority...not a 1/3 as you suggest...And i personal think this is not a political topic where you can blame one side or another this is a parenting issue... and the last time i checked parenting is done by a a good sized portion of the Canadian public...both liberal, conservatives, NDP, PPC and believe it or not even the Green party parents...i know cats and dogs living together, it's mind blowing...

Not just but definitely mostly.  Consider this conservatives take;

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

I'm saying there's nothing important about the panicked malarkey you're describing. If there's a medical issue here it's the anxiety you're suffering.

The issue surrounding New Brunswick's policy is about privacy and pronouns not gender reassignment, I mean ffs you dingbats are half convinced school nurses are handing out gene blockers.

Get a grip.   

You have no idea WHAT you're saying.  You're just blathering like an !diot in a desperate attempt to avoid the truth because you don't like it.  SSooowweeee - the truth don't care about your feelings any more than facts do

You literally claimed that their medical condition wasn't a medical condition :)

And sorry kiddo - but this is a medical issue.

If it isn't - if this is just all make believe in the kids heads - then don't call them by their preferred pronoun at all.  I mean - it doesn't mean anything according to you, it's no big deal at all according to you so... why bother?

Except you know it is a big deal.  And it is a medical issue. And you painted yourself into a corner.

Here's some advice -  next time start with a question and work your way to an answer, instead of starting with and answer and trying to work back to a question that fits.

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

I think humoring a child's delusions, congratulating them on their 'bravery', making them feel they're special because of it, making it 'bigotry' for anyone to say anything bad to them, and all the rest that goes with it these days is just going to drive that delusion deeper and help persuade them they're right and should, when old enough, start taking the drugs and then the surgery.

I doubt more than 5% of those calling themselves transgender are actually suffering from gender dysmorphia. The attitude you and the schools are exhibiting is going to help destroy one hell of a lot of young lives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

I think humoring a child's delusions, congratulating them on their 'bravery', making them feel they're special because of it, making it 'bigotry' for anyone to say anything bad to them, and all the rest that goes with it these days is just going to drive that delusion deeper and help persuade them they're right and should, when old enough, start taking the drugs and then the surgery.

I doubt more than 5% of those calling themselves transgender are actually suffering from gender dysmorphia. The attitude you and the schools are exhibiting is going to help destroy one hell of a lot of young lives.

Of course. I think that this whole mindless lumping together of alternative lifestyles and genders in the form of a community, touting it on a flag as though the existence of such identities and lifestyles are inherently good, and exposing kids to the panoply at school is at best misguided and at worse abusive.  If being gay isn’t bad, which most people have come to accept, that doesn’t mean that it’s good.  It just means that it’s part of our reality that we accept.  Even then such lifestyles don’t agree with some people’s morality for religious or philosophical reasons.  The same applies to recognizing trans people. That’s fine.  People may be required to tolerate, but that doesn’t mean people are required to celebrate.  That’s why rainbow flags in schools are divisive

On the gender front there is no biological basis to support an expressed gender that’s different from a biological one.  There’s an argument to be made that playing along with someone’s pretend gender helps some people feel better about their dysphoria.  Really it defies reality to make people recognize trans pronouns, but human rights rules require employers and schools to play along.  Of course children don’t always know what’s in their own interests, children change, and no one takes more interest in kids than their parents.  To keep parents out of the loop of such major life choices is of course irresponsible.  The only exceptions would be where there’s a history of abuse or the child’s request is benign, for example the use of a nickname.

I’m sure this issue is mostly resolved by connecting transgender self-identification privacy from parents with the medical privacy age of consent.

Educators aren’t trained to handle these discussions with kids on their own except in the very superficial way of listening without passing judgement.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Why are parents being deliberately left out of the info regarding their children...Some on here state becasue it is dangerous...

I'm sure there will be in the very rare instance. Many may simply want to try on a pronoun for size at school before opening up to their families.

Despite what you may have been told, no one really wants to keep parents out of the loop if little Johnny was given a day off school for a gender reassignment surgical procedure.

It's a silly little pronoun AG. It's like kids changing into clothes they've stashed in their locker.

Get a grip.

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

I mean - it doesn't mean anything according to you, it's no big deal at all according to you so... why bother?

Because it's important to some kids who are asking for a little space.

And I think it's important to get in the face of people who'd have the government deny that to them.

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Could you please show me a medical textbook that says a pronoun is a symptom of a medical condition?

Of course i can - but i don't think you'd be able to understand it.  I mean you still think that the charter of rights is binding to parents.  :)   So i think we can assume medical texts are over your head.

Instead i'll point out this:  It's a little easier for you to read:

Read the section under pronouns.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/02/996319297/gender-identity-pronouns-expression-guide-lgbtq

And note that it's associated with gender dysphoria which is a diagnosed condition according to this,  and may require medical treatment.

Soooo...  any more stupid questions'? Parents should be made aware of medical issues or that their children are displaying signs of medical issues.

Parents also have a right to know much less serious issues - like their grades, their attendance, issues they may have with bullies, etc etc.  All of that without the kid's permission.  And do you know why? BECAUSE THEY"RE PARENTS.  And Parents have a duty of care and a right to know that goes along with it,

You literally said a medical condition is not a medical condition.

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Because it's important to some kids who are asking for a little space.

Why is it important to them?  IF it's no big deal why would they want to be called by another pronoun?

And I think it's important to get in the face of people who'd have the government deny that to them.

Ahhhh - so this isn't about the kids needs at all - this is just you working out your 'daddy issues' and anti authoritarian tendencies.

Well.... explains a lot actually.

2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

I think humoring a child's delusions, congratulating them on their 'bravery', making them feel they're special because of it, making it 'bigotry' for anyone to say anything bad to them, and all the rest that goes with it these days is just going to drive that delusion deeper and help persuade them they're right

I think getting freaked out, angry and bigoted about it will do that even more effectively.

That's what goes with most things these days - like peas and carrots.

23 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I think getting freaked out, angry and bigoted about it will do that even more effectively.

So showing concern about your child's heath is getting "freaked out, angry and bigoted "

That may not be as common an opinion as you think.

I have one word for this: insane. To make a crisis out of a total non issue, based only on unverified but spread and multiplied claims is quite obviously, a symptom of insanity. Schizophrenia. Societal paranoia. Look, this is only the recent record:

- Every child matters still no evidence of mass graves

- Ideological propaganda months of every imaginable kind in place of accurate, objective and honest learning and understanding of the history

- Pandemic wooplah for 24 months in a real context, as we're learning of a flu-like epidemic

- Followed instantly by the great LGB++ cause

Look, we just can't stop... looks like it's off the rails already. Can be serious... anybody taking the temperature here?

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

Does 'disapproving and thinking parents should be involved'  translate in your mind to 'freaked out, angry and bigoted'?

Because that's a really weird translation, frankly.

9 hours ago, CdnFox said:

So showing concern about your child's heath is getting "freaked out, angry and bigoted "

That may not be as common an opinion as you think.

Your reply has absolutely no bearing on what I said to Groot or why.

How very common of you.          

Edited by eyeball

8 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Does 'disapproving and thinking parents should be involved'  translate in your mind to 'freaked out, angry and bigoted'?

Because that's a really weird translation, frankly.

Yes that is really weird. Nothing ever translates properly to you people because being freaked out angry bigots does weird things to your ability to think straight. 

• Like 1