Boycotting Schools Over Pride Events

12 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I don't want your spring to break when I wind you up so I crank in small increments.

But You Know Youre The Idiot Dwayne Johnson GIF - But You Know Youre The Idiot Dwayne Johnson The Rock GIFs

ROFLMAO - wow, it's not even noon and i've broken you to the point where you're meme'ing as a defense mechanism :)

Holy shite this is priceless :) AND it's friday :)

And that would make YOU the joke i'm doubled over in laughter about :)  honest to god i laughed out loud and i'm still chuckling  :)  

Things are getting out of hand, Here in NB MP's and opposition are against a change in one of the bills regarding LGBTQ people in schools. 

Apparently it is to much, to ask that parents of children under 16 need to be notified when their child changes genders, or pronouns...

The issue is so important, that persons are quitting and risking their jobs over it... my question is why is it so damn bad that a parent should be notified about name or gender changes at school.. and why is this issue a hill to die on...can anyone defend this action...

Policy 713 came under review in the spring, by the Higgs government, citing concerns over a lack of parental rights. Education Minister Bill Hogan would eventually change the policy to require children under 16 to get parental consent to change their name and pronoun in school.

It led many advocates and groups in the education field to criticize the change, saying it would force them to misgender and deadname kids.

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

my question is why is it so damn bad that a parent should be notified about name or gender changes at school.. and why is this issue a hill to die on...

For one thing Trudeau himself declared this a war when he recently told his supporters "we have to stand against this." That means political influence from the highest office in the land.

7 hours ago, Army Guy said:

my question is why is it so damn bad that a parent should be notified about name or gender changes at school.. and why is this issue a hill to die on...can anyone defend this action...

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

For one thing Trudeau himself declared this a war when he recently told his supporters "we have to stand against this." That means political influence from the highest office in the land.

It's simple.   For AGES the liberals have insisted that parents will not be able to raise their children, that they must at least have liberal help. For everything. 

Otherwise they'll spend all their money on beer and popcorn as you'll recall.

So they are VERY excited about this - their message has been "if parents find out kids are gay/trans/left fans they'll freak out and kill the kids. Therefore we have to step and and WE will decide if the kid should change genders or not" .  It's a perfect excuse to take over raising the kids from the parents.

Now - if the PARENTS get a say...  and THEY get to talk to the kids about it.....  First off there might just not be enough dead kids to justify their initial position and secondly some of the kids might want to hold off on mutilating their bodies until they're old enough to be sure.

Can't have that.

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

It's simple.   For AGES the liberals have insisted that parents will not be able to raise their children, that they must at least have liberal help. For everything. 

Otherwise they'll spend all their money on beer and popcorn as you'll recall.

So they are VERY excited about this - their message has been "if parents find out kids are gay/trans/left fans they'll freak out and kill the kids. Therefore we have to step and and WE will decide if the kid should change genders or not" .  It's a perfect excuse to take over raising the kids from the parents.

Now - if the PARENTS get a say...  and THEY get to talk to the kids about it.....  First off there might just not be enough dead kids to justify their initial position and secondly some of the kids might want to hold off on mutilating their bodies until they're old enough to be sure.

Can't have that.

Ha. Sounds like it's the residential school system all over again.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Ha. Sounds like it's the residential school system all over again.

For sure.  And if you look at history it was always the libs who doubled down on the res schools making them manditory, ignoring reports of abuses, expanding it etc.

Since the first days of confederation Liberals and left leaning gov'ts have been obsessed with taking control over raising your children away from parents. Remember when that liberal said that people's children will grow up to be criminals if the gov't doesn't help raise them?  It's been going on forever.

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

People are misinterpreting Christianity to justify persecuting people they see as sinners.

I don't think most people see anyone as a sinner and want to persecute anyone. I think most people want the government out of the culture wars. And schools have no business promoting sexual activity to kids. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, antiwoke said:

And schools have no business promoting sexual activity to kids. 

To reiterate: Schools don't promote sexual activity to children.

The only way you're going to get a reasonable person to think that this statement is so would be an anomaly, or to use the term outside it's normal meaning ie. the colloquial understanding of what is being said.

So they promote condom use, and good health practices but they don't promote homosexual acts which is what's being implied.

You have to be very suspicious of people who make General statements that sound alarming. They often have an agenda..

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Ok well they DO do that and lying about it isn't appropriate NOR will it solve the problem.

So educators are explicitly saying 'Hey kids gay sex is fun you should try it, here's how it's done'.

It seems there's little doubt this is the context you're using to characterize sex education as promotion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

to use the term outside it's normal meaning

To people like this, just saying that it is ok to be gay is promoting sexual activity.  They mangle the phrase beyond all recognition.   They also think that schools saying that it is ok to be gay is the school waging a culture war.   

It is conspiracy theory thinking.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, eyeball said:

So educators are explicitly saying 'Hey kids gay sex is fun you should try it, here's how it's done'.

It seems there's little doubt this is the context you're using to characterize sex education as promotion.

If you teach a kid how to do something, you're promoting it.  That's just how humans work.  You can't say "here's how to do this thing now never do it".      Adults might be able to understand a message like that somehow But kids never will.

Hell - 90 percent of the time if you tell kids NOT to do something, their first instinct is to do it.

So pretending that sex ed at young ages isn't 'promotion' would be dishonest, And when you teach gay sexual technique then you are in fact promoting that as well.

If a parent thinks their kid should be learning gay sex techniques and they're at 'that age' - they can make sure they learn it. There's all kinds of resources.  But to put it schools is grossly inappropriate when you know many parents are not ok with it.

35 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

If you teach a kid how to do something, you're promoting it. 

So you're saying the government actually gives the educators it hires printed instructions that can't be construed to mean anything but 'Hey kids gay sex is fun you should try it, here's how it's done'.

There's even less doubt now this is precisely the context you're using to characterize sex education as promotion.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, eyeball said:

So you're saying the government actually gives the educators it hires printed instructions that can't be construed to mean anything but 'Hey kids gay sex is fun you should try it, here's how it's done'.

There's even less doubt now this is precisely the context you're using to characterize sex education as promotion.

I've mentioned this before -  if you have to start by using a phrase like "so what you're really saying is... " and then rewrite what the person ACTUALLY said to something that you feel you can argue better you're basically admitting you knew you were wrong.

It s a cheap and cheezy tactic.

Providing basic sex ed to age appropriate kids as they're entering puberty has some value because it can help prevent pregnancy and prevent STD's.  BUT - there is no reason to teach "gay" and "straight" sex or 'techniques'. Gays aren't getting pregnant form sex and STD prevention is the same regardless of straight or gay.  Teaching very young children about sex or teaching sexual technique or position or the like in schools is inappropriate - and yes both of those things have been happening.

You're being dishonest if you claim doing that ISN'T promoting sex

Edited by CdnFox

13 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Teaching very young children about sex or teaching sexual technique or position or the like in schools is inappropriate - and yes both of those things have been happening.

You're being dishonest if you claim doing that ISN'T promoting sex

I'm not the positive claimant here, it's up to you to provide the officially prescribed educational material that you claim says; 'Hey kids gay sex is fun you should try it, here's how it's done'.

You're a liar if you think that isn't exactly what you said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I'm not the positive claimant here, it's up to you to provide the officially prescribed educational material that you claim says; 'Hey kids gay sex is fun you should try it, here's how it's done'.

Sure you are - you're claiming it didn't happen. 

And no - what i said is If you teach a kid how to do something, you're promoting it. That's what i said.  Can you post an example of me saying i claim the material says; 'Hey kids gay sex is fun you should try it, here's how it's done'.?

No? Hmmm - looks like you'd be the liar then :)

I'm happy to post a bunch of stuff to show sexually explicit content and topics far beyond basic sex ed where taught in schools - if you are arguing that never happened then say so and we'll see who's right :) 

18 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sure you are - you're claiming it didn't happen.

Not at all, I'm simply trying to nail down precisely what it is you claim is happening and you've made it patently clear.

I'm happy to post a bunch of stuff to show sexually explicit content and topics far beyond basic sex ed where taught in schools

You especially need to underscore where gay sex is being officially and explicitly promoted as a fun thing for kids to do.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Not at all, I'm simply trying to nail down precisely what it is you claim is happening and you've made it patently clear.

Nonsense.  Lets not play games.  You've been trying to TELL ME what i claim is happening. You're not trying to nail down anything.

I've been clear. Teaching children about more than the basics necessary to help prevent pregnancies and std's at a young age is inappropriate and if you teach them about things such as positions and how to have sex then you'll be encouraging it. 

Sex ed with graphic details about techniques and such have been taught in schools to very young kids, and that that's inappropriate.

Simple enough

You especially need to underscore where gay sex is being officially and explicitly promoted as a fun thing for kids to do.

This is where you really come across as  a liar.  Why do i need to underscore that considering i never used those words - and it's about the 3rd time when you have lied suggesting i did.

It's easy enough to show that homosexual sex was taught in schools.

Did you want to ahve a real conversation about this or did you just want to keep lying about what i said?

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No, I'm the one who said that, you clearly agreed with me.

Can you post where i agreed with you?