Budweiser hires trans spokesperson and the right loses their mind

8 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I have to admit - i haven't' followed this case closely (nobody in canada drinks bud light, or at least if they do they're not willing to admit it) but usually in cases like this the undergarment clumpage is due to feeling like this was foisted on them for the purpose of demanding they agree with it.  In other words, it stops just being an ad about the beer they like and is now weaponizing a product they like to try to force them to agree to something they may or may not want to.

Nobody likes that.

So who's engaging in culture wars?  Certainly not the company who chooses to give someone who happens to be trans the same opportunity they could give to another person who happens to not be trans.  The objectors are the ones making it into a culture war, not the company.  It's no more "foisting" than showing mix-race couples on ads - just like mixed-race couples, trans people are part of life, so why object to them appearing in media as a spokesperson?  I sure hope this company doesn't fold in front of this, imo, transphobic reaction.

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Sure it is, but the fact remains it still lost 6 bil, and I'm sure they are discussing the future add campaigns, and who it features, and maybe they stick with their spokesperson for the long run... one has to ask just how big this trans market is, and how much are they willing to risk by chasing it.  6 bil dollars thats a lot of beer, can the trans community make that up. 

As Ive already shown you, their stock has rebounded and they have not dismissed the trans spokesperson. Thus, it is readily apparent that bud and Ms. Mulvaney have weathered this blip with ease.

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Is this just a conservative problem, or is this your opinion or do you have a source to back all this up... I think the problem is a little more complicated than splitting it down political lines...

Bud decided to stick it's feet into this new social space and it cost them, todate more than 6 billion dollars, I'm sure it is not going to tank them... but they are going to feel this failure for some time....

I disagree that they’re “sticking their feet into a new social space”.   

1) Most brands and companies do promos with social influencers as part of their viral marketing efforts …probably dozens and dozens of them going on at going on at any given time.  

2) These influencers are not the entire brand…its not like bud fired all its spokespeople and influencers and is 100% marketing through this trans person. Think of how much they spend on the irregular Super Bowl ads  national TV campaigns etc….this one social media deal probably cost them less than the catering bill for the meeting where they decided wheee the deal was decided. I never would have even heard of this campaign or influencer if conservatives weren’t screaming about it and I bet neither would you   Its not even like Bud is forcing anyone to see adds with thia tranny while you’re watching your favourite Tv (not that such a thing would be the end of the world either, Ims just showing how conservatives have blown it all out of proportion   AFIAK unless you’re following trans influencers on social media you never would have ever seen this promo  

3)  So what is the conservative outrage exactly?  Companies are free to do deals with as many social influencers as they want but must black list and exclude trans people and not market products to them?  

6 hours ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Let's assume for a moment that all the overblown hyperbole generated by by right-wing media were true. You are still advocating taking the choice out of the hands of parents and trained medical professionals and placing it in the hands of legislators. And, IMHO, that should be avoided at all costs.

Those 'trained medical professionals' have forfeited the right to be trusted without severe government regulations in place to guide them,

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

I don't understand the problem.  If the majority of adults in the States supports equal rights for trans people, why are so many getting their panties in a knot because a person who happens to be trans

Do you honestly think this person would have been hired for any other reason than being trans?

So who's engaging in culture wars?  Certainly not the company who chooses to give someone who happens to be trans the same opportunity they could give to another person who happens to not be trans. 

Well that company is ABSOLUTELY engaging in the culture wars if they hired the person BECAUSE they are trans.

Here's how that works. If they just hired who they thought was best and that person HAPPENED to turn out to have a penis, then they're just trying to sell beer and their best choice happens to have a penis.

If they hired someone BECAUSE they were trans with the idea that this would make them look more 'woke' or intersectional then it's identity politics and culture war.  You're forcing a moral issue on people instead of selling beer.

The objectors are the ones making it into a culture war, not the company.

That does not appear to be the case here. They appear to be reacting to the company deliberately putting the person forward because they are trans.

It's no more "foisting" than showing mix-race couples on ads - just like mixed-race couples, trans people are part of life, so why object to them appearing in media as a spokesperson?  

If you happen to have a mixed race couple then fine -if you choose them BECAUSE you want to normalize mix raced couples then that's a different situation. Your politicizing your product and people don't like that.

I sure hope this company doesn't fold in front of this, imo, transphobic reaction.

Whether they do or not others will see the loss they're taking and think twice before doing the same thing.

And they should. This company deserves it's losses.

If you make beer - sell beer.  If you want to sell politics then start an acitvists group. People don't want to have to deal with this shit in every single area of their life and if they are forced to then it wont' make trans people more accepted, it will lead to a backlash where they are far LESS accepted.

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

Those 'trained medical professionals' have forfeited the right to be trusted without severe government regulations in place to guide them,

In my view, the only law they need to pass is one that requires parental and trained professional approval, and not until they are 18 unless there are other determining circumstances.

Not a Bud Lite fan but I like a lot of InBev's other beers. Pour me a Negra Modelo any time.

They also own Corona, Alexander Keiths and Labatts among hundreds of other brands world wide.

I doubt whether a bunch of homophobic Yanks bother them too much in the grand theme of things.

Edited by Aristides

7 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Not a Bud Lite fan but I like a lot of InBev's other beers. Pour me a Negra Modelo any time.

They also own Corona, Alexander Keiths and Labatts among hundreds of other brands world wide.

I doubt whether a bunch of homophobic Yanks bother them too much in the grand theme of things.

I guarantee that losing money bothers them period. You don't get that big by not caring about cash.

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I'm sure it does but even with this hit, InBev is still the world's 96th most valuable company in market cap. No doubt they play a long game.

Oh they're not going belly up or the like :) But you can bet there'll be some people who just missed a rung on the corporate ladder and there will be a warning to others about such things both in that company and others.

Meanwhile they can't fire the person or they'll have yet ANOTHER social backlash on their hands. So that person will be 'kept on' but will very quickly fade to nothing.

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Oh they're not going belly up or the like :) But you can bet there'll be some people who just missed a rung on the corporate ladder and there will be a warning to others about such things both in that company and others.

Meanwhile they can't fire the person or they'll have yet ANOTHER social backlash on their hands. So that person will be 'kept on' but will very quickly fade to nothing.

Conservatives say this about all the companies they try to cancel and nothing ever happens.

2 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Conservatives say this about all the companies they try to cancel and nothing ever happens.

Nobody tried to cancel bud :) But it's very typical of you to try to blame others for your own crimes :)

They just don't buy the product anymore. And in fact that DOES cause change QUITE a bit.

We saw that with gillette.  Disney fired a BUNCH of Hard Left losers over their woke debacle.  There are plenty of other examples.

The fact you felt the need to lie about what the reaction was and then lie about the result of that action proves that the left is pretty concerned about stuff like this.

And you should be. Good luck trying to get trans people hired by companies as spokespeople moving forward. And honestly it totally didn't have to be that way.

10 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Maybe. On the other hand, they may have a better handle on the future. They operate on a global scale. The stock has already made back half of what it lost since the announcement.

51 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Maybe. On the other hand, they may have a better handle on the future. They operate on a global scale. The stock has already made back half of what it lost since the announcement.

Their stock should have gone UP since the announcement. That's the point of announcements.  So even when it gets back to where it was it STILL is below where it should be.

There's a huge opportunity cost with this and sure, absolutely sometimes you learn valuable lessons for the future and it costs a few bucks to do so and that's just life, nothing ventured nothing gained.  But - i think the lesson they're learning is 'get woke go broke', and that's probably not what the trans community was hoping for.

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Well that company is ABSOLUTELY engaging in the culture wars if they hired the person BECAUSE they are trans.

Here's how that works. If they just hired who they thought was best and that person HAPPENED to turn out to have a penis, then they're just trying to sell beer and their best choice happens to have a penis.

If they hired someone BECAUSE they were trans with the idea that this would make them look more 'woke' or intersectional then it's identity politics and culture war.  You're forcing a moral issue on people instead of selling beer.

Bit this is marketing its mot about “the most qualified” it’s about appealing to different market demographics

What if they deliberately hired someone from Texas BECAUSE they were from Texas where they are trying to grow their brand?

What if they deliberately hired someone under 35 (or over 50) BECAUSE they are in the age demographic where they were trying to grow their brand?

What if they deliberately hired someone from a professional sports league BECAUSE their fans are in a market segment where they are trying to grow their brand?

Conservatives wouldn’t bat an eye at any of  those, they understand thats how marketing works:  identify consumer market segments and attempt to exploit them .

But anything remotely related to LGBTQ is strictly Haram for conservatives so RHEY freak out and start a culture war over something that doesn’t even affect them? Why should they care about something that doesn’t affect them and has nothing to do with them?

Edited by BeaverFever

10 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Becasue suicide would not be a red flag or anything, .... maybe all that is needed is a mental health expert to see the patient before we dig out the surgical instruments...Solve those mental health issues, and perhaps we don't need all the others 

Hopefully this is a principle we can extend to patients before they're shot by the police.

44 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Bit this is marketing its mot about “the most qualified” it’s about appealing to different market demographics

What if they deliberately hired someone from Texas BECAUSE they were from Texas where they are trying to grow their brand?

What if they deliberately hired someone under 35 (or over 50) BECAUSE they are in the age demographic where they were trying to grow their brand?

What if they deliberately hired someone from a professional sports league BECAUSE their fans are in a market segment where they are trying to grow their brand?

Conservatives wouldn’t bat an eye at any of  those, they understand thats how marketing works:  identify consumer market segments and attempt to exploit them .

But anything remotely related to LGBTQ is strictly Haram for conservatives so RHEY freak out and start a culture war over something that doesn’t even affect them? Why should they care about something that doesn’t affect them and has nothing to do with them?

It's a matter of them not knowing their target audience. These trans liberal types are wine drinkers or those fruity drinks. You know what sissys drink