Canadian Catholic student arrested for saying men are different from women.

2 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

I don't believe he was, but let's just assume that was the case. He didn't have to say that men aren't women. He could have said trans women are stronger than cis women, or whatever transphobes say when they're pretending to not be transphobic. He could have said men will pretend to be trans women, that's another popular one.

And really, people who say "men can't be women" are almost always being bad faith. Even after they've been taught the difference between sex and gender, they just repeat the same talking-point like an NPC.

See what I mean? You know that sex is biological, while gender is cultural. But you're pretending not to understand. I'm all for educating people, but at some point, we just have to treat transphobes like transphobes.

Trans people want to be perceived as a different gender from their real one.  It’s called pretending.  Out of desire or sympathy people play along, but that’s what they’re doing.  

4 hours ago, I am Groot said:

I always found it odd how the language and attitudes of the extreme Left so often mirror the language of the Trumptards and the far Right.

I always found it odd how "Enlightened Centrists" could be so stupid.

Both express an absolute confidence that their vision is perfect, and anyone who disagrees is absolute garbage.

I didn't say my vision is perfect or that anyone who disagrees is absolute garbage.

However, crybullies are absolute garbage. If you're going to be transphobic, at least stand behind your takes and deal with the consequences. You'll still be garbage, but you won't be absolute garbage.

No one is suggesting this kid shouted. No one has said he cursed or threatened. He even said he never misgendered or deadnamed anyone.

What do you think he was implying when he said men and women are different? He was basically saying that trans women aren't women. Stop being a coward and pretending that's not what happened.

Despite the fact three quarters or more of the country agree with him.

Who cares? If you don't agree with the TOS, don't go to that school.

6 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Whenever i use reason and common sense you seem to get confused.

Try doing it once.

The counter point is that the school has much of its TOS set by the mandate it operates under. It's not a private independent facility with no ties to the gov't. It has certain duties it takes on board.

If the school overstepped then it's the school that must be changed.

If that's the case, sure. But if this is the current TOS, then you probably shouldn't cry too much when someone breaks it and gets suspended.

Actually it does funny enough. People are getting sick of the 'woke' and it's starting to have an impact

Not in America.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/3890296-most-in-new-poll-view-woke-as-positive-term/

See, this is what happens when fascists scream "WOKE" at anything they don't like. Most people in the West are anti-fascist.

Feeling does not a gender make.  Biology dictates gender. Saying otherwise is affirming dysphoria, a psychological disorder according to the latest DSM.  Now, if you think that pretending that someone is a different gender because it makes a trans person feel better is good, that’s an argument.  Biology doesn’t lie, but people certainly can and do lie.  Nevertheless, gender affirmation of trans people must remain a choice.  Making people lie is unethical and unscientific.

Edited by Zeitgeist

6 hours ago, CdnFox said:

The headline from fox was not actually a lie.

which makes your statement a lie.

Why do you feel the need to lie to justify your position? If your position can't stand on it's own without lies then maybe you need to reconsider your position.

The headline makes it sound like the student was arrested for saying men and women are different. But fascists are muschis, so you'll just deny it.

19 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

<--- You are an "enlightened" left-wing radical then. Same as proud boys, you just have better marketing, don't you?

Yes. Fascists are the same as anti-fascists. Russia and Ukraine are both corrupt.

19 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

You really want to play this game with polls from The Hill, which by the way I use for my sources, I consider them a somewhat balanced publication, but you use it specifically to argue a low BIAS point. I can do that too, oh look: 

Here it is: 

• A YouGov poll conducted in January 2022 found that 44% of Americans believe that cancel culture is a problem in the United States, while 32% said it is not a problem. The poll also found that 51% of Americans believe that people are too quick to be offended these days.
  • A Harvard CAPS-Harris poll conducted found that 64% of Americans believe that cancel culture is a threat to their freedom. The poll also found that 58% of Americans believe that the cancel culture phenomenon is a growing threat to their personal freedom.

Do you want me to dig some more? 

?

Deflection. You said most people were sick of whatever "woke" is. That's wrong, at least in America.

I do think it's pretty sad that so many people think cancel culture is real, but that's media propaganda for ya.

On 3/12/2023 at 5:54 PM, reason10 said:

I'm not judging the entire country of Canada for this ignorant shit.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/canadian-catholic-student-arrested-charged-saying-men-women-different-embarrassing

Canadian Catholic student arrested, charged after saying men, women are different: 'Embarrassing'

Arrested for holding Christian beliefs at a Christian school? Canadian Catholic high school student Josh Alexander claims that's the story behind authorities arresting – and charging – him for trying to attend class last month.

Alexander was a student at a Canadian Catholic high school in Ontario until he spoke his mind over concerns of men in women's restrooms at the institution.

Distinguishing men from women and believing God created only two genders, he suggested, eventually led authorities to arrest and charge him for the offense.

This stuff makes Hitler look like a boy scout by comparison.

Equally factual:

Ossama Bin Laden Killed by USA for Eating Felafel

Just days after eating a piece of felafel, the United States sent Navy Seals to kill Ossama Bin Laden in his first home”

But as we’ve recently seen proven, Tucker doesn’t believe many of the lies he reports. 

The REAL story is that he was arrested for trespassing not for anything he said. After leading several unauthorized and disruptive protests against trans students on campus and receiving numerous suspensions, disciplinary measures and warnings,  he was eventually banned from campus and was warned he would be arrested for trespassing if he returned again. He did it anyway you know wanting to be martyr and all. 

So yeah saying he was “arrested for saying men and women are different” is another right wing lie for gullible suckers and is no more truthful than saying Bun Laden was killed for eating felafel  

By the way this student had only recently transferred to the school from a public high school and it seems within weeks of showing up decided to make himself known by immediately protesting their already existing trans policy. If he was so against it why did he transfer there in the first place?

The only thing worse than a MAGA is a bible-thumping MAGA  

https://ottawa.citynews.ca/valley-news/renfrew-teen-arrested-for-trespassing-at-st-joes-following-non-disciplinary-exclusion-6467384

25 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

1. You are not talking to your MAGA sheep here, radical. I can play your radical game. I see now the new game is to send someone with most likely a law degree to provide some sort of marketing for AntiFa. Are you looking for lost souls too? You don't know anything about anti-fascists. You disguise yourself as anti-fascists to be thugs, primates and spit on the work of federal agencies. It's ok, I am here to play their role and hammer you daily.

You sure you're not a MAGA sheep? You have the same conspiracy brain disease that they seem to have.

But no, I don't have a law degree.

And no, defining Antifa by fringe cases isn't a good strategy. But this is what people have always done with protesters, so whatever. I guess if you were around during earlier civil rights movements, you'd have done the same. 

What is the thing with Russia and Ukraine?

You're equating fascists with anti-fascists. Much like people defend Putin by saying Russia and Ukraine are both corrupt. It ends up whitewashing the side that is much worse.

What is 2,3 about? Is it you seeing what your Americans think about and because it does not fit your box, you assume they fall for propaganda? Are they all fascists? 

Well when it comes to "wokeness," most Americans are on my side. They think being aware of social injustice is a positive thing.

The reason I think "cancel culture" is propaganda is because it's so easily debunked. But no, I don't think everyone who fell for that is a fascist. Many of them are well-intentioned liberals.

59 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Feeling does not a gender make

Exactly. 

Conflating feelings with reality, ignoring the evidence that clearly disputes this notion that you can somehow be born in the wrong body, is exactly why this was considered a mental disorder.

Softening the language, doesn't change that these are people who identify as the other gender. They feel that they are. Doctors and activists lobby heavily to ensure that they get groomed as young as possible. 

Doctors are pressured to follow suit, and propose pro transition medicine, which goes against what their job is, to ask a lot of questions and assess and come to a balanced conclusion. 

These people don't live in reality. Saying men are different than women being controversial VS fact, proves it. 

One can feel what they feel all they want. 

A trans woman can do so until blue in the face. It won't stop her from getting prostate cancer, which refutes how they feel with simple reality. 

1 hour ago, Americana Antifa said:

Try doing it once./:)

see? Confused again.  :)

If that's the case, sure. But if this is the current TOS, then you probably shouldn't cry too much when someone breaks it and gets suspended.

Didn't break in. He showed up to attend class and they were waiting for him.

And if it weren't for his opinion doing that would have been perfectly fine. School was open, classes were starting, that's where he's supposed to be. But - he voiced his opinion. And they took action against him as a result.

Not in America.

Agreed, this is not in america. Oh wait - did you think canada was in america?

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/3890296-most-in-new-poll-view-woke-as-positive-term/

See, this is what happens when fascists scream "WOKE" at anything they don't like. Most people in the West are anti-fascist.

Actually the facists are all on the left now. "antifa" is just a cover name to hide the facism of that group

I guess that's why only 18 percent americans support antifa. So maybe you're right, they just don't like facists

https://www.newswars.com/rasmussen-poll-just-18-of-americans-support-antifa/

But - the fact is the evidence suggests woke was MORE acceptable as a term in the states not long ago. So... still seems like it's starting to slip. People are getting sick of the 'woke' agenda. Look at what happened at disney with star wars.

You keep that hatred and bigotry going now, y'hear? :)

Projection.

Fine, you're projecting if you prefer to call it that :)

You know that the headline is lying about the reason he was arrested. Why are conservatards always so dishonest?

It's not lying at all. Sorry. You would be the one lying.

As has already been noted it's not only tehcnically true, but it's also practically accurate. Lets get real, the problem here isn't  that its' false, its that you don't like that it's not false.

You're being bad faith. The headlines purposely left out what happened in the middle to make it look like he got arrested for being stupid about gender.

In a headline? They didn't purposefully leave out anything - it's a headline with limited space. Hell they even had to cut the 'and' between man and woman.  And while he wasn't charged with 'having an opinion' he was arrested directly as a result of his opinion. If you take the opinion away, he would never have been arrested. This has all been explained to you and is absolutely the truth.

And it's not stupid to point out that men and women are different. Sorry.

They did this because most righties don't read the article, they just read the headline. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what you did.

Do you have ANY stats to back that up? No? Thought not. What a childish thing to suggest.

They did it because they WANT people to read the article. That's how they make money - there will be ADVERTISING around the article. Duh. 

So the point of it is to catch the readers interest and get them wondering HOW this could be. So they open up the story and read.  And the second sentance explains the circumstances of his arrest. It's not like they bury it.

Your hatred colours how you look at everything.

31 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Didn't break in. He showed up to attend class and they were waiting for him.

He broke the TOS and got suspended. Then he showed up when he was suspended, which is trespassing, so he got arrested.

If you want to argue that the TOS should be changed, that's one thing, but pretending he didn't bring this on himself is just dishonest.

Personally, I think private businesses should be allowed to discriminate. But if a private business gets shut down for discriminating, I'm not going to make the surprised Pikachu face.

Actually the facists are all on the left now. "antifa" is just a cover name to hide the facism of that group

So let's get something straight and see if you can be good faith about it.

Denying someone a platform is not fascism. The government arresting someone for speech is fascism.

When people say that leftists are fascists, what they really mean is that leftists think private companies should deplatform certain people. As opposed to actual fascists, who don't just want people deplatformed, they want people arrested for speech. Understand the difference?

I guess that's why only 18 percent americans support antifa. So maybe you're right, they just don't like facists

https://www.newswars.com/rasmussen-poll-just-18-of-americans-support-antifa/

Yeah, because the media has demonized Antifa. Most Americans probably think Antifa regularly riots and kills people.

But - the fact is the evidence suggests woke was MORE acceptable as a term in the states not long ago.

Source?

So... still seems like it's starting to slip. People are getting sick of the 'woke' agenda. Look at what happened at disney with star wars.

First of all, Disney and Star Wars have literally always been "woke."

Secondly, I'm willing to bet my house that if I look up the highest grossing movies of the last five years, at least half of them are Disney movies. The "go woke, go broke" thing is so ridiculous. Yeah, by having women superheroes, Marvel went totally broke.

Edited by Americana Antifa

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:
  • The Feds, the ones that you fear more than the fascists, are infiltrated in every little far left-wing hole that you and your brethren run. Next time when you go for the weekly bowling game and discuss the revolution, ask yourself, is the person beside me a Fed or a friend? 

This is what liberal media does to your brain. The vast majority of Antifa protesters don't break the law. Not only am I not worried about the feds, but the feds are aware that the biggest threat in America is right-wing violence.

Two serious questions for you.

1) Do you think it's okay to use violence in self-defense?

2) Do you think sit-ins are an acceptable form of protest against far-right marches?

Also, look, I found another one too. Do not talk about me being a MAGA sheep, look at my history, and you will see I despise MAGA as much as your ilk, fake anti-fascists. You don't intimidate me, you are exactly like MAGA when they call me a communist for deviating from the program.

I was joking because you were using MAGA conspiracy theories. I don't actually think you're MAGA or any other kind of fascist. I think you've just been brainwashed by liberal media, which tends to "both sides" everything.

A poll conducted by The Washington Post and ABC News last year found that 54% of Americans believe that "political correctness"  (We can Include Wokeness here) has gone too far. The poll also found that 64% of Americans believe that people are too easily offended these days.

Political correctness is annoying, but that's not how most Americans see "wokeness." They see wokeness as being aware of social injustice and they see that as a positive thing. Keep in mind, in America, the fascists use "woke" to define ANYTHING they don't like. So naturally, Americans are starting to see "woke" as a positive.

5 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

He broke the TOS and got suspended. Then he showed up when he was suspended, which is trespassing, so he got arrested.

No, there is no tos for that. It was an arbitrary decision. We've tried to explain Canadian 'private' schools to you previously in the thread i believe.

But he didn't break in as you suggested.

If you want to argue that the TOS should be changed, that's one thing, but pretending he didn't bring this on himself is just dishonest.

Ok - enough. Show me this 'TOS" he broke. Show me which section he violated.

Just more of your lies. This was an arbitrary decision.

And if he did nothing wrong then this STILL is 100 percent on them. So now we'll find out

Personally, I think private businesses should be allowed to discriminate. But if a private business gets shut down for discriminating, I'm not going to make the surprised Pikachu face.

well i doubt they'll get shut down for their discrimination. I think again you don't really grasp how 'private' schools work here.

So let's get something straight and see if you can be good faith about it.

Denying someone a platform is not fascism. The government arresting someone for speech is fascism.

Of course denying a platform is every bit as facist as arresting them for it. They both have exactly the same intent - to repress the person's right to speech and to prevent that speech from being heard. Unless you have lawful excuse (such as they are being found to be doing actual criminal hate speech by a lawful authority),then it's the same thing

The REASON that people on the left try to make a distinction is because they want to do the former to others, but don't want the latter done to them.

But yes, if you just attempt to deplatform someone because you don't like what they say - that is absolutely facist.  If you do it using force or the threat of it it's even more so,

When people say that leftists are fascists, what they really mean is that leftists think private companies should deplatform certain people.

What they really mean is that leftists are using facist methods to attack and repress those they don't agree with . Which is true.

As opposed to actual fascists, who don't just want people deplatformed, they want people arrested for speech. Understand the difference?

Oh you mean like throwing a kid in jail because he didn't say the right thing in school?

Gotcha :)  And you were sooooo happy they did that.

Yeah, because the media has demonized Antifa. Most Americans probably think Antifa regularly riots and kills people.

They do . Soooo most americans have it right

First of all, Disney and Star Wars have literally always been "woke."

And got burned hard for it and saw profits crash. Now they've fired the woke and are rebranding to try to save it.

Secondly, I'm willing to bet my house that if I look up the highest grossing movies of the last five years, at least half of them are Disney movies.

You'd think - they have more of a budget.  But nope.

2018 and 19's they took it

2020's was sony pictures

2021 was sony

2022 was paramount

So - less than half.

Did you want to send me your address and we'll meet there or just mail me the keys? :)

Disney's profits have been sliding and as we know their movies are only a fraction of what they make these days. Their profits have been stagnant or dropping for a while. middle of last year they got rid of the woke.  profts are now rising again like fire

The "go woke, go broke" thing is so ridiculous. Yeah, by having women superheroes, Marvel went totally broke.

Did anyone anywhere suggest that? Guys love women super heros. More tights and action poses please :)

It was the horrible diversity hires, the treatment of staff who dared say anything non woke, the treatment of the fans who complained about it. etc.

Sorry kiddo - get woke go broke is becoming a weil known fact.  Because at the end of the day it's just not good for business and in disney's case, it was no replacement for good story telling.  You lose.

18 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

This is what liberal media does to your brain. The vast majority of Antifa protesters don't break the law. Not only am I not worried about the feds, but the feds are aware that the biggest threat in America is right-wing violence.

The feds put antifa on a terrorist watch list :)  They are the biggest threat. sorry if the truth is inconvenient. They 've hurt a lot of people, they've damaged a LOT of property and whether you are one of the 'violent' ones or not if you stand with an organization that allows that from it's members you're an accomplice and no different.

Two serious questions for you.

I seriously question your ability to ask a serious question - but i'll answer as honestly as i can.

1) Do you think it's okay to use violence in self-defense?

In self defense i do as a general concept, with lots of caveats. I think what SOME people consider to be 'self defense' might stretch the term.

2) Do you think sit-ins are an acceptable form of protest against far-right marches?

I'm not a million percent sure what you mean by 'sit in'. I think if you're deliberately impeding someone else's lawful protest, you're on the wrong side of history and morality.

I don't really like protests. I think they're kind of a waste and i think that they should be curtailed legally to prevent them interfering with people's rights. But i do recognzie that lawful protest is a thing and must be tolerated. In that respect i see no difference beteween a gov't stealing that right from someone or a bigoted and frequently violent group doing it. IT's wrong

I was joking because you were using MAGA conspiracy theories. I don't actually think you're MAGA or any other kind of fascist. I think you've just been brainwashed by liberal media, which tends to "both sides" everything.

Awww that's sweet of you :)

• Political correctness is annoying, but that's not how most Americans see "wokeness." They see wokeness as being aware of social injustice and they see that as a positive thing.

They seem to think of it more and more as excessive awareness if you will. And i think we'll see tolerance for it slide further.

•  
  • Keep in mind, in America, the fascists use "woke" to define ANYTHING they don't like. So naturally, Americans are starting to see "woke" as a positive.

•  

In america the left are the facists. And what you failed to note from that poll si that only 32 percent of people in the US think being called woke is a compliment. Most consider it an insult. Even with the more positive definition ;)

So it would appear you're not correct there.  Although i'm fairly confidient without evidence at hand that you're right that the term 'woke' gets applied to anything the right leaning people don't like about leftist policy or actions without really thinking about the term.