Another Left Wing Scam exposed

West

15 hours ago, eyeball said:

Excuse me? I'm a lefty and I'd like to outfit Trudeau with a body-cam and ankle-bracelet 24/7.

And fyi Trudeau is not a lefty.

Not that I give a rat's ass one way or another. And frankly, I'm not that much up to speed on Canadian politics, (probably because I live in Florida where Canadians with a JOB tend to want to visit in the winter) Certainly looks like Trudeau is a left winger on paper. 

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2021/01/23/deportations-in-canada-spike-during-pandemic-under-left-wing-trudeau/

Deportations in Canada Spike During Pandemic Under Left-Wing Trudeau

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/goldstein-trudeaus-erstwhile-left-wing-allies-scuttled-his-un-bid

GOLDSTEIN: Trudeau's erstwhile left-wing allies scuttled his UN bid

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/03/24/canada-far-left-ndp-cements-trudeau-in-power-despite-condemning-freedom-convoy-response/

Canada: Far-Left NDP Cements Trudeau in Power Despite Condemning Freedom Convoy Response

It's hard to say. I'm thinking that Trudeau is definitely not a Ronald Reagan, but again that assumes  Canadian politics somehow resemble American politics.

He might be a slobbering, ignorant left winger.

He might be a centrist/right politician caught up in the rat race.

• Like 1

What is hilarious is some of the Trudeau supporters on here who don't understand why this is a scandal.

Thousands of dollars of taxpayer money being paid to a public relations firm run by Amanda Alvaro, who was one of Trudeau's lead campaigners for his election.  She is also a well-known liberal defender on the liberal CBC Power and Politics daily program.  So taxpayer money was used to campaign for the Liberals and some don't understand the problem.

Another article says this is only the tip of the iceberg

Tasha Kheiriddin: Mary Ng scandal is but the tip of a terrible iceberg | Montreal Gazette

The $22,000 and something of taxpayer money in this case is peanuts compared to the 50 million dollars given to the Aga Khan foundation around the time Trudeau took a trip to the Aga Khan's island, but he never had to resign over that.  But it is the principle that taxpayer money is being funded to a PR firm and to people who campaign for Liberals.

Edited by blackbird

As a new prime minister in 2015, Justin Trudeau set out his expectations for cabinet ministers.

“To be worthy of Canadians’ trust, we must always act with integrity,” Trudeau wrote in the introduction to “Open and Accountable Government,” a guide for ministers.

It’s not enough, he stated, to be in technical compliance of the law. Rather, ministers must uphold “highest standards of honesty and impartiality,” an obligation that went beyond official duties, Trudeau explained.

“Creating the culture of integrity and accountability that allows us to earn and keep the trust of Canadians will require constant attention,” he wrote.   unquote

Trade Minister Mary Ng should resign | The Star

Do I sense hypocrisy?

This is a chicken shit petty cash squabble, a PP nothingburger to borrow a phrase from you righties.

A conflict of interest is when YOU benefit from a decision, not when you know the person that wins a bid. About as scandalous as the Mayor's cousin getting the snowplowing contract but not even as valuable.

And yes, unless you are extreme right, Trudeau is not a lefty.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blackbird said:

As a new prime minister in 2015, Justin Trudeau set out his expectations for cabinet ministers.

“To be worthy of Canadians’ trust, we must always act with integrity,” Trudeau wrote in the introduction to “Open and Accountable Government,” a guide for ministers.

It’s not enough, he stated, to be in technical compliance of the law. Rather, ministers must uphold “highest standards of honesty and impartiality,” an obligation that went beyond official duties, Trudeau explained.

“Creating the culture of integrity and accountability that allows us to earn and keep the trust of Canadians will require constant attention,” he wrote.   unquote

Trade Minister Mary Ng should resign | The Star

Do I sense hypocrisy?

Anyone who fell for Trudeau in 2015 has the IQ of a sloth

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

It would be corruption if Ng had benefited personally but there is nothing to indicate she had.  This is a question of ethics.

The approx $23,000 went to a PR firm run by Avaro and she worked as a key person on Trudeau's election campaign.  She works for the Liberals almost every day on the CBC program Power and Politics.

26 minutes ago, West said:

Read the story.. if you don't have an issue with the Liberals repeated attempts to break ethics code then you are the problem, hunny buns

Just as I thought, you think only liberals have ethics violations??/ LOL 

Don't drink that kool aid West LOL

25 minutes ago, West said:

Anyone who fell for Trudeau in 2015 has the IQ of a sloth

Oh? Or were they all fed up with the cons breaking the ethics rules?? LOL

25 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The approx $23,000 went to a PR firm run by Avaro and she worked as a key person on Trudeau's election campaign.  She works for the Liberals almost every day on the CBC program Power and Politics.

Yes but Ng did not profit personally. What she did was unethical but it wasn't corruption unless she was getting a kick back.

48 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Yes but Ng did not profit personally. What she did was unethical but it wasn't corruption unless she was getting a kick back.

Just using taxpayer's money to help the Liberals get elected.  Give your head a shake.  The kickback is Liberals getting elected.  How much do you think cabinet ministers get paid?  Using taxpayer money to help Liberals get elected is a serious abuse of taxpayer's money.  That is not democracy either.

According to this table of salaries of Senate and H of C, they get paid:

ministers   $90,400 plus $2,000 car allowance. 

This is in addition to an MPs salary of $185,800.

There are additional payments of thousands of dollars for holding various positions.

Indemnities, Salaries and Allowances (parl.ca)

Edited by blackbird

15 hours ago, Aristides said:

It would be corruption if Ng had benefited personally

Wth? What is this, Canadian planet in which universe? Feeding your buddies with taxpayer dough, hand washes hand me today you tomorrow, "networking" isn't called benefiting personally anymore? Where, in what world? Do we even care to know?

14 hours ago, blackbird said:

What is hilarious is some of the Trudeau supporters on here who don't understand why this is a scandal.

Exactly. We're in a new era of pseudo-democratic poster governance. Anything is possible. All bets off.

13 hours ago, blackbird said:

Trudeau and Liberals have a history of ethics violations and scamming taxpayers.  Oink oink

As I said earlier, parliamentarians in general have all run afoul of the ethics commissioner. Harper and Conservatives too.

Be not too cocky as "ethics violations and scamming taxpayers" are a parliamentary sport.

https://ciec-ccie.parl.gc.ca/en/About-APropos/Pages/AnnualReports-RapportsAnnuels.aspx

Edited by ExFlyer

On 12/31/2022 at 1:13 AM, herbie said:

OMG they'll find out one day a Liberal MP paid his own kid to shovel the driveway! What a scandal!

A whole $20 misused in a conflict of interest. Outrage!!!

I could say something appropriately partisan here like "Typical Liberal not caring about corruption!"

But honestly, I just shake my head at the lack of standards of people today towards political misbehaviour. I'm old enough to remember when there would have been no question at all of her resigning. She'd have been fired immediately. Then again, Trudeau would have resigned over his ethics violations back in the day too. 

17 hours ago, Aristides said:

Helping your friends or family, or for that matter, supporters with government money is corruption. 

17 hours ago, blackbird said:

Where she is an unapologetic hack. Trudeau could rape babies on live TV and she'd be up there blithely waving it away as Trudeau Derangement Syndrome. She would fit seamlessly into the ranks of Republican apologists on FOX news.

People like this wouldn't have ever made it to television back in the day. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, herbie said:

This is a chicken shit petty cash squabble, a PP nothingburger to borrow a phrase from you righties.

A conflict of interest is when YOU benefit from a decision,

Why am I not surprised that a rabid Liberal supporter wouldn't even understand what conflict of interest is.

18 hours ago, herbie said:

And yes, unless you are extreme right, Trudeau is not a lefty.

Unless you're extreme left, Trudeau is most definitely a lefty.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2022 at 9:39 AM, ExFlyer said:

Old news.

It's old and been resolved in the mean time. west juts has nothing new to whine about. LOL

You don't resolve conflict of interest by saying "Whoops. Sorry I got caught. I'll try to be more careful next time."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

AKA Standing Offers.

The same rules for everyone and for all governments regardless who is in power. Conservative or Liberal or for every member of parliament and for every department in the civil service.

I am happy to enlighten you. Next time a little effort on your part would have gotten you the real answer instead of your conjecture. I know it is a lot to ask of you to get real information but hey....  LOL

Maybe you could enlighten the federal ethics commissioner. For some reason he seems to lack your understanding of standing offers and how the system works. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Supply Arrangements

If you manage to get through it, you still won't get the one answer: who gets a "call up", contract etc yada, how transparency is assured and any conflicts of interests prevented. Independent supplier will get it, or a good buddy of the minister. Go figure, from the text provided.

Such a trifle, right why bother? Who cares? This is Canada!