The entire premise that slow passport processing is totalitarianism is utterly moronic. No one is 'keeping you in' Canada. you're free to leave anytime you want. Some of you should.

The problem of getting IN to another country without a passport is their doing, not ours. Hell according to half the people on this board you can just walk across the US border and they'll hand you money, someone else's job and a dozen votes to go with it.

The fact you booked your flight and hotel before you even had a passport is your problem, not Ottawa's, fool.

Totalitarian states require an exit visa, permission from the government to leave.

Edited by herbie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, herbie said:

The entire premise that slow passport processing is totalitarianism is utterly moronic. No one is 'keeping you in' Canada. you're free to leave anytime you want. Some of you should.

The problem of getting IN to another country without a passport is their doing, not ours. Hell according to half the people on this board you can just walk across the US border and they'll hand you money, someone else's job and a dozen votes to go with it.

The fact you booked your flight and hotel before you even had a passport is your problem, not Ottawa's, fool.

Totalitarian states require an exit visa, permission from the government to leave.

What free country requires proof that you’re travelling and a reason for this travel, with evidence, before issuing citizens a passport?

Canada is totalitarian Chinese North America.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

13 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

What free country requires proof that you’re travelling and a reason for this travel, with evidence, before issuing citizens a passport?

Are you sure you haven't confused this proof and evidence you talk about with the usual standard question, "what is the purpose of your trip outside the country"? I would suggest you simply answer tourism, business, family whatever. Bleep off it's none of your blankety blank business probably won't get you far.

Edited by eyeball

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Are you sure you haven't confused this proof and evidence you talk about with the usual standard question, "what is the purpose of your trip outside the country"? I would suggest you simply answer tourism, business, family whatever. Bleep off it's none of your blankety blank business probably won't get you far.

Exactly. Fall in line, don't draw attention. Like the sheep, "baa.. baa..."

Just pay the government more, and let them do less

And here I thought you were a sailor

but more a land-lubber now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Exactly. Fall in line, don't draw attention. Like the sheep, "baa.. baa..."

Just pay the government more, and let them do less

And here I thought you were a sailor

but more a land-lubber now.

Sorta, semi-retired now. And I got me a little dinghy too so...we never die.

So you people basically want to act like migrants, just come and go as you please and tell the man you don't need no steenkin' papers.

I'd be more inclined to base my right to move about the world on the fundamental reality that I'm an Earthling.

19 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Harper initiated that.  Just make sure you assign responsibilities to the correct government.  

Whomever initiated the 10 year passport option  is totally irrelevant.

Fact is, it is up to you, and only you and your responsibility, to have a current passport, and keeping it current, be it a 5 year or 10 year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Whomever initiated the 10 year passport option  is totally irrelevant.

Fact is, it is up to you, and only you and your responsibility, to have a current passport, and keeping it current, be it a 5 year or 10 year.

Yup, you ignore important criticism as usual.  Fake.  

10 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You do understand that a passport is required by the country you are going to? You can leave this country any time you want but, you cannot get anywhere without a passport.

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

Of my hundreds of trips outside of Canada, no one has ever asked me why I was leaving.

I have almost always been asked when entering a country why I am coming there.

10 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

None, unless you want to skip the line and get a passport quickly, then all want to know the reason why you need it faster.

14 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yup, you ignore important criticism as usual.  Fake.  

what is important criticism? That harper initiated an additional 10 year passport? That is not criticism, it is a red herring, a deflection, nonsense. The wait for a 5 year passport is the same as a 10 year passport.

Fact is, if your passport is not valid, it is your fault and only your fault and you will have to pay extra to expedite renewal if you want to bypass the line.

Edited by ExFlyer

50 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Stop stating the obvious.  Why bother commenting if you have nothing to say?

I have lots to say to dismiss your idiocy.

I am saying it over and over because it seems you are trying to blame government every opportunity you get and you are so wrong but not admitting it LOL

Repeat after me... if your passport is invalid, it is your fault. If you want to leave the country.... leave. If you want to enter another country, they need your passport.

Key words here are you and your... not government.

Dude, this is your thread trying to make government the problem with passports but, now, even you have to realize it is you, not the government that is the problem with passports.

It is Ok, you did not understand in the beginning but now, you know better. Like it or not.

EDIT: Oh, I see you don't like it LOL Sucks to be wrong eh?

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Of my hundreds of trips outside of Canada, no one has ever asked me why I was leaving.

I have almost always been asked when entering a country why I am coming there.

I've only made a handful myself and it's been awhile so I might be misremembering the experience myself.  In any case it seems when the US barred un-vaccinated Canadian truckers it was Canada's fault so...

I'll have to tell you about the time 3 heavily armed Homeland Security dudes followed me into the can at SeaTac.  They had curly little wires sticking out their ears and everything.

31 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I've only made a handful myself and it's been awhile so I might be misremembering the experience myself.  In any case it seems when the US barred un-vaccinated Canadian truckers it was Canada's fault so...

I'll have to tell you about the time 3 heavily armed Homeland Security dudes followed me into the can at SeaTac.  They had curly little wires sticking out their ears and everything.

That was during COVID. Lots of thing were out of the ordinary.

That was in the US and no, the US made and still has vaccination requirements. Canada has dropped theirs. "If you are a non-U.S. citizen who is a nonimmigrant (not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or traveling to the United States on an immigrant visa), you will need to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you travel by air to the United States from a foreign country."  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html

I have no idea why homeland would be following you.

I was responding to eyeball when they said "Are you sure you haven't confused this proof and evidence you talk about with the usual standard question, "what is the purpose of your trip outside the country"?   

As I said, I have never been asked by a Canadian authority why I was leaving the country. I have almost always been asked by the authority when entering a country why i was coming there.

53 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I have no idea why homeland would be following you.

I was heading out the airport door on my way home after dropping mom off at about 6 AM and decided I better go to the can first and turned back.  Apparently that was suspicious.  I left nothing behind but a stink bomb.  They never said a word and followed me out to the doors on my way out.

I felt like I was in the Matrix driving north back to the border through rush hour traffic.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Like what?

Let me see, The Ten Commandments, which are summarized in the New Testament as Love God and Love your neighbour.

There’s also the fundamental belief that every person is made in the image of God and has a soul.  There’s also the belief that God loves everyone and no person is of greater or lesser value than another.

Maybe refer to Corinthians for Paul’s description of love.

Refer to the multiple stories of freedom from slavery from Exodus to Revelation.

If clearly even the most so called advanced civilizations can stomp on human freedom, from Rome to Germany to China to even seemingly harmless countries like Canada, then what can humans rely on except faith?   I certainly don’t count on politicians to defend my rights.  They constantly fail to do so.

Edited by Zeitgeist

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

There’s also the fundamental belief that every person is made in the image of God and has a soul.  There’s also the belief that God loves everyone and no person is of greater or lesser value than another.

Even...*shudder*....Liberals?  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Even...*shudder*....Liberals?  

Only dupes believe that the left or right politicians are infallible.  Power corrupts.  Render unto Caesar that which belongs to Caesar.  Souls don’t belong to Caesar.

Also, the Liberals aren’t liberal anymore.  I was once a member of that party.  It’s unrecognizable.  I’m always tuned in to hear what views are currently considered unacceptable.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Submit IOW.

I'm sorry, you were whining something about totalitarians?

You don’t understand what Jesus was saying.  Caesar has no jurisdiction over what matters most.  If you play with matches (Caesar’s game), you’re going to get burned.

Eyeball you have one point, your ban on in camera lobbying.  You want more surveillance basically.  Everything else is unquestioning compliance with whomever for whatever reason.  No fixed point or guideposts except your dear leader.  Moonbox, Treeface, Exflyer Herbie all sing from the same confused Marxist-Nihilist song sheet.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 1