Emergency Act commission

myata

59 minutes ago, West said:

But he is right that the Government did not exhaust all other means, which should have included mediation, before deploying tactics most common to third world dictatorships

Did you know that Brian Peckford was going to bring some sort of court action against our federal government?  Did you hear anything about this?

6 hours ago, West said:

But he is right that the Government did not exhaust all other means, which should have included mediation, before deploying tactics most common to third world dictatorships

I cannot agree that the "government" exhausted other means becasue the "government, meaning the feds, had no jurisdiction. It was all local or provincial.

The federal government enacted the EMA and it then gave wider authority to local and provincial policing.

I am not a pro EMA and am very interested in all the testimonies. I hope there will be real discussions and not just a bunch of representatives going up and complaining.

10 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Trudeau just called. He said: "?"

You need to look back at the We scandal, and the SNC Lavalin scandal. 

Yes and??

All the scandals  were brought up over and over and it seems to me the Canadian public liked him enough to vote him back in??

• Downvote 1

Like, normal people discuss issues to identify problems and find, and implement solutions. Fix the problem where it exists and is glaring. And Canada? Why discuss if nothing can be fixed, certified and patented? Talking head national entertainment circus?

Edited by myata

8 hours ago, sharkman said:

Did you know that Brian Peckford was going to bring some sort of court action against our federal government?  Did you hear anything about this?

He has and its why these lunatics dropped the unethical, illegal travel bans for the unvaccinated

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I cannot agree that the "government" exhausted other means becasue the "government, meaning the feds, had no jurisdiction. It was all local or provincial.

The federal government enacted the EMA and it then gave wider authority to local and provincial policing.

I am not a pro EMA and am very interested in all the testimonies. I hope there will be real discussions and not just a bunch of representatives going up and complaining.

During the G7 protests there was looting and rioting. No emergencies act was invoked. 

During this one people were inconvenienced by an influx of traffick sure but there was no threat to public safety... just a wannabe tyrant with a last gasp to hold on to power and state violence against peaceful unarmed civilians. They shut down people's private bank accounts for disagreeing with the government, including the account of a father with 13 children in the middle of winter.

Don't ever lose sight of the fact the government decided to get violent against peaceful protesters. The crowd showed great restraint... any other country and dictator Trudeau would've been hanging from the Riddeau Canal

Edited by West

31 minutes ago, West said:

During the G7 protests there was looting and rioting. No emergencies act was invoked. 

During this one people were inconvenienced by an influx of traffick sure but there was no threat to public safety... just a wannabe tyrant with a last gasp to hold on to power and state violence against peaceful unarmed civilians. They shut down people's private bank accounts for disagreeing with the government, including the account of a father with 13 children in the middle of winter.

Don't ever lose sight of the fact the government decided to get violent against peaceful protesters. The crowd showed great restraint... any other country and dictator Trudeau would've been hanging from the Riddeau Canal

You completely ignored what I said so, I ignore you. The debacle went on for 15 days before federal action was taken. Once it was, the debacle was ended in 2 days.

The G7 demonstrations were 2 days and heavily broken up by the OPP.

Basically, I do not and could not care less about the past. Trying to convince me to accept anything you say is a monumental waste of time.

Your opinion on this subject is worth absolutely nothing to me.

Waste your time on someone else.

Edited by ExFlyer

19 minutes ago, West said:

It another country those terrorists Convoyers would have been forcibly removed on Day 2. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aristides said:

So you have decided not to accept the committees findings. Unless of course it decides you are right. Same as elections.

I already know what their findings are, so yes to that.

Why the snotty comment about elections? You know as well as I do that the party that pushes voter-fraud-friendly election laws, always gets caught cheating, whines the most when they lose and commits the most crimes after losing an election is the Dems. 

Election integrity isn't a good topic for leftists.

Even in Canada we have a PM that blatantly buys media outlets with taxpayer money. Leftists suck.

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Yes and??

All the scandals  were brought up over and over and it seems to me the Canadian public liked him enough to vote him back in??

The scandals were buried by our media.

They harped on the 2012 Duffygate ($90k in travel claims by a senator) thing for 3 full years. They called it an election issue in 2015. 

The SNC scandal happened in an election year and it wasn't "an election issue". Trudeau even blocked the RCMP's investigation into it. He fired JWR, our first indigenous female cabinet minister. Nope, nothin' to see here. 

Then the media let Trudeau say "I shoulda recused myself" about We and they just stopped talking about it, forever. 

FYI the We scandal involved 10,000 times as much money, it was a real scandal, and had 10,000 times less coverage. 

The debate moderators steered clear of scandal questions, they just kept the focus on the environment and other leftist gibberish. It was embarrassing. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Boges said:

The Convoyers were terrorizing innocent civilians. 

The local police had proven to be feckless to have them removed. 

They were allowed to occupy space for 3 weeks. It was time to have them forcibly removed. I think most Canadians do agree. 

You are disgusting. 

The fact you think the government was in the right to freeze a father of 13s Bank account in the middle of winter for daring to voice displeasure about vile segregation policies shows all we need to know about you

6 minutes ago, West said:

You are disgusting. 

The fact you think the government was in the right to freeze a father of 13s Bank account in the middle of winter for daring to voice displeasure about vile segregation policies shows all we need to know about you

The ones getting funded by Right-Wing American Groups. 

8 minutes ago, West said:

You are a terrorist for supporting coerced vaccinations

Aww muffin. Well you live in a country where the rule-of-law allowed for such things. 

The irony of all these patriot truckers no wanting to get vaccinated to cross the border is that their criminal conviction will make this a reality. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Aww muffin. Well you live in a country where the rule-of-law allowed for such things. 

The irony of all these patriot truckers no wanting to get vaccinated to cross the border is that their criminal conviction will make this a reality. 

You are sick. 

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

What criminal convictions? 

• Like 1

Under a dictatorship such as soviet Russia, the illegal occupiers would have been loaded into trucks and taken away on day one. They would have been driven into the forest, shot, and buried in a mass unmarked grave. No debate in Parliament, no media reports, and no inquiry,

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1