Biden's Hateful Screed

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/01/politics/joe-biden-democracy-speech/index.html

Joe Biden, the guy whose gov't has been caught ordering social media giants to crush free speech, who used the FBI to retrieve his daughter's lost diary, who had the FBI lie about Hunter's laptop, is calling Trump a fascist now.

What's worse, his alt-left media is just parroting him, oblivious to the danger.

(CNN)President Joe Biden delivered his sharpest rebuke yet of Republicans and their fealty to his predecessor in an evening speech in Philadelphia on Thursday, alleging they "thrive on chaos" and warning their attempts to undermine democracy could devolve into violence.

"They live not in the light of truth but in the shadow of lies," Biden said in front of a red-lit Independence Hall, harnessing the historic setting to call for a reckoning on the movement led by former President Donald Trump.
It was a strident and urgent call to Americans months ahead of midterm elections that will determine control of Congress. Biden's remarks, while billed as an official address, provided the broad contours of his election message heading into the fall.
Even as he worked to balance a dose of optimism about the country's future -- and his own string of recent accomplishments -- Biden painted a dark portrait of his political opponents, saying Trump and his followers are threatening the entire American experiment. He named his predecessor within minutes of taking the stage, and suggested Americans faced an existential choice in the coming elections.

"As I stand here tonight, equality and democracy are under assault," Biden said. "We do ourselves no favor to pretend otherwise."

What a worthless dipshit. He needs to have a stroke, and soon. 

Here is how his vitriol was described by CNN in a different article:

In one of his most spirited speeches as commander in chief, 

Even though they know that he said this:

He said Trump and fellow Republicans "have made their choice to go backwards, full of anger, violence, hate and division."
"We've chosen a different path: Forward, the future, unity, hope and optimism," Biden proclaimed.

Biden said that he'd be the guy who would try to bring people together, and here he is two years later, just as divisive and hateful as ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/01/politics/joe-biden-democracy-speech/index.html

Joe Biden, the guy whose gov't has been caught ordering social media giants to crush free speech, who used the FBI to retrieve his daughter's lost diary, who had the FBI lie about Hunter's laptop, is calling Trump a fascist now.

What's worse, his alt-left media is just parroting him, oblivious to the danger.

What a worthless dipshit. He needs to have a stroke, and soon. 

Here is how his vitriol was described by CNN in a different article:

Even though they know that he said this:

Biden said that he'd be the guy who would try to bring people together, and here he is two years later, just as divisive and hateful as ever. 

more so

Clinton called half the country a basket of deplorables

Biden calls them extremists instead

and people try and front like Trump is the divisive one

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 2

This speech will wake up many to how divisive and desperate the Biden Administration has become.  Many others will get off the fence and realize the Dem party is dying.  

Only Trump offers any hope, which is why his polling numbers trounce anyone else out there.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sharkman said:

This speech will wake up many to how divisive and desperate the Biden Administration has become.  Many others will get off the fence and realize the Dem party is dying.  

Only Trump offers any hope, which is why his polling numbers trounce anyone else out there.

when Trump is comfortably ahead in polls that consistently underestimate his support

that's not good news for Democrats, that I can tell you

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Let's get this straight.  Trump's allowed to lie that the election was stolen but Biden isn't allowed to call him out?

he attacked Trump supporters as extremists

that's different than attacking Trump as an extremist

you going to defend Hillary's basket of deplorables comments too?

Democrats claim half of Americans are

bad scary extremist white supremacist insurrectionists

and you suggest these demonizations are just calling Trump out?

are you really this daft or just trolling for the lulz?

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1. he attacked Trump supporters as extremists

2. you going to defend Hillary's basket of deplorables comments too?

3. Democrats claim half of Americans are...

4. and you suggest these demonizations are just calling Trump out?

1. And he's not allowed to do that ?  
2. I never have, no.
3. No, not half... a diminishing minority
4. Calling out the MAGA movement.  You folks call Liberals and Democrats "Marxists".  I suppose you're right that unity has been irreparably damaged though.  I guess it came down to fight fire with fire.  My understanding is that Biden has hired a bunch of Maga-type communications experts but for the other side, ie. his side.  Too bad

Edited by Michael Hardner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. And he's not allowed to do that ?  
2. I never have, no.
3. No, not half... a diminishing minority
4. Calling out the MAGA movement.  You folks call Liberals and Democrats "Marxists".  I suppose you're right that unity
has been irreparably damaged though.  I guess it came down to fight fire with fire.  My understanding is that Biden has hired a bunch of Maga-type communications experts but for the other side, ie. his side.  Too bad

1) when you are fronting as Captain Unity and giving a speech about unity

and you talk about Republicans who support Trump, the way that George W. Bush talked about Islamic terrorists post 9/11

it's a pretty bad look

2) the MAGA Republicans are taking over the party

3) Calling out the MAGA movement as extremists who are a danger to democracy

is demonizing at least 74 million Americans who voted for MAGA

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1) when you are fronting as Captain Unity and giving a speech about unity

2) and you talk about Republicans who support Trump, the way that George W. Bush talked about Islamic terrorists post 9/11

3) the MAGA Republicans are taking over the party

4) Calling out the MAGA movement as extremists who are a danger to democracy

5) is demonizing at least 74 million Americans who voted for MAGA

1) I think it's pretty clear he's tossed that moniker.
2) Sorry - please try to keep "me" out of it.  This thread is about Biden's speech.   I will continue to label diehards who support Trump in the face of the facts a "cult" because no political leader prior to him in the west would still have such fervent adherents from normal supporters.
3) "Took over" the party and are in s civil war to keep it.  
4) And we got here by people calling Democrats "Marxists" with Democrat leaders trying to ignore that, let's face it.
5) And dropping....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

2) Sorry - please try to keep "me" out of it.  This thread is about Biden's speech.   I will continue to label diehards who support Trump in the face of the facts a "cult" because no political leader prior to him in the west would still have such fervent adherents from normal supporters.
4) And we got here by people calling Democrats "Marxists" with Democrat leaders trying to ignore that, let's face it.
5) And dropping....

1) he has not, his speech was about what he called unity, and he was fronting as a unifying POTUS

2) Biden was the you I referred to

3) and will keep it

4) that is not how we got here

the Democrats started this

Obama with his clingers to guns and religion

Clinton with her basket of deplorables

and now Biden

Trump hasn't been anywhere near as demonizing of Democrats as either of those three

fake news

5) not dropping, Trump consistently outpolls Biden in 2024, and the polls are biased against him

wishful thinking is a helluva drug

Edited by Yzermandius19

37 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

neither are extremists

and assuming everyone who supports Trump is an extremist

is evidence of projecting one's own extremism on the opposition

Lawfully-elected President Biden did not say that everyone who supports Trump is an extremist. Instead of listening to you make up words and paraphrasing, I suggest you try living in the real, non-MAGA world, where we use “quotation marks.”

Biden said, “Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our Republic.”

Not “Trump supporters.” What he said was “MAGA Republicans.”  Like, for instance, the lunatics who are incapable of accepting the fact that the 2020 election was won by Biden. Even after the ridiculous CyberNinja audit, and audit after audit, conducted by other MAGA Republicans, they embrace fairy tales and fantasy.  

They dress up like LARP characters in cammo, with their little guns, and pretend to be patriots while undermining our basic Democratic system. Because as soon as America has a pineapple dictator who declares himself the winner after losing an election, we stop being America. We end the Constitution.  

MAGA Republicans filed 64 lawsuits claiming election fraud and they lost every single one.  They did not produce any evidence of widespread fraud in even one of the states they disputed.  They know it, and we know it. So if they can’t win an election, they’ll just steal it. 

But we know the MAGA’s are a bunch of babies. They went in their LARP outfits to the Capitol to riot, and they ran away like a bunch of babies after a single bullet was fired.  One single bullet and they run. I am far from scared of that. 

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

5) And dropping....

Yeah, this thread is about Biden’s speech, and the first thing you brought up(your first post in this thread) was Trump.

Its not about Trump, it’s about Biden.  Biden.  His running mate knew how to give a speech, Biden’s hate and apparent desperation is turning many of his supporters against him.  Check any poll.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

It is sad when politics declined.  But it should be noted that Democrats used to OWN bloody brawling name-calling populism in the 1900s...  

I didn’t see or hear Biden’s speech.  But, my guess is that it was probably pretty lame compared with the lunacy that Trump spewed on a regular basis.   Probably talked about the “rule of law” and “democratic principles” and other radical stuff.  Am I right?

BTW, nowhere in what @WestCanMan quoted did Biden call Trump a fascist.  Is there actually a direct quote, or is he taking some liberties with the truth as he is apt to do?  

6 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

1.   Probably talked about the “rule of law” and “democratic principles” and other radical stuff.  Am I right?

2.  Is there actually a direct quote, or is he taking some liberties with the truth as he is apt to do?  

1.  I didn't watch either but I saw a clip where he says "MAGA Republicans"...
2. If you like Biden you can follow his lead and just start calling Trump supporters liars outright I guess.

I still find it sad, but that said... it's probably going to be over soon.  People don't support constant fighting and both Biden and Trump will be out the door and in the rest home soon enough.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  I didn't watch either but I saw a clip where he says "MAGA Republicans"...
2. If you like Biden you can follow his lead and just start calling Trump supporters liars outright I guess.

I still find it sad, but that said... it's probably going to be over soon.  People don't support constant fighting and both Biden and Trump will be out the door and in the rest home soon enough.

1 - What did he call them?

2 - Genrally speaking, I don’t think they care about what’s true…. they follow a personality that appeals to their grievances.  But, when you don’t care about what’s true, are the grievances real?  

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

It is sad when politics declined.  But it should be noted that Democrats used to OWN bloody brawling name-calling populism in the 1900s...  

and they own the name calling now too

racist, sexist, nazi, fascist, white supremacist, insurrectionist, bigot, transphobe, homophobe, xenophobe, etc.

are some of their favorites

and their politicians use them all the time to refer to both their political opposition and their supporters

pretending as if the right name calls anywhere near as much is completely asinine

Edited by Yzermandius19

Given the MAGA cult refuse to accept that an election was lost two years later despite no evidence to the contrary, despite major Republican figures and Trump loyalists telling them so, certainly makes them seem pretty extreme. Especially when they've spent the last two years desperately trying to get rid of the Republicans at the state level who were in charge of the elections and refused to cheat on Trump's behalf. And who have they replaced them with? MAGA people who deny the election in their own state was fair. And why? The only logical answer is they expect that come next election these new people will do what needs doing to push their guy over the top and not worry about stuff like laws or constitutions.

I'd say extremist is a fair description.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

You suddenly have an issue with name-calling now?

I've always had a problem with name-calling. 

If Biden had some proof of Trump's fascism then I wouldn't have a problem with the accusation, but he doesn't, because there isn't any.

If anyone is fascist, it's the POTUS who orders social media on what information to suppress, what disinformation to allow, and who forces citizens to take a dangerous and worthless injection.