Trump Warned Germany About Russian Energy and They Laughed About It

betsy

2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

If only we had learned that lesson about the Communists, too.

Russia's Communists crimes are little short of Nazis, if any. Twenty thousand Polish POWs executed, mass repressions and massacres in the occupied lands. Aggressive wars and occupation of Finland (part), Baltic countries, invasions in Hungary and Chekhoslovakia. The difference is only in the word. Same essence: brutality, inhumanity, totalitarism.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Contrarian said:

A lot of old communists live in that part of Germany, East Germany parading with the Russian flags. 

What is really astounding, is how with extreme brutality and total subjugation Russia succeeds in creating such a deep Stockholm syndrome effect that it comes close to admiration if not some sort of masochistic affection. Over and again, in different times and places. Those who resist very hard and persistently manage to break away and even then, for a long time experience cramps of residual nostalgia.

If there's one thing the place truly excels in, it would be that art of total subjugation. Can't think of much else.

On 9/4/2022 at 7:02 AM, I am Groot said:

You can pretend that she didn't do it all you like. She still held up a blood & soil banner of the Ukraine Nazis. She can claim ignorance...but she claims also to be an expert in the Ukraine & its history.

The hall was lit in red white and blue.

You can pretend that nobody noticed the black & red if you like, as well.

FbnOKTIaAAAl2LB.jpg

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Marshal McLuhan's Guerrilla Information World War Three

brave new world

The wife and I are heading down to the Labour Day march for striking BC workers. I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that there will be a few flags of Ukraine flapping in der breeze...

13 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The wife and I are heading down to the Labour Day march for striking BC workers. I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that there will be a few flags of Ukraine flapping in der breeze...

I'm going to remain behind the walls of my compound

drinking whisky & smoking weed, spinning some tunes

celebrating 5 September 1774

the first Continental Congress assembles at Philadelphia

2 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

I don't think your tiki torch friends should be treated any differently.

1509568881659-Wide-front-of-Crowd-Waving

You guys seem persistent in your belief that anyone who doesn't share your fetish must have another one. But I don't swing left or right. I think the bunch of you are all crazy and your political beliefs are immature and poorly thought-out, to say the least.

You can pretend that she didn't do it all you like. She still held up a blood & soil banner of the Ukraine Nazis. She can claim ignorance...but she claims also to be an expert in the Ukraine & its history.

You mean like this?

Natalia Khanenko-Friesen, director of the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies, told the National Post that the red-and-black symbology for Ukraine long predates its adoption by extremist groups. Khanenko-Friesen noted that red-and-black banners can be seen in paintings depicting the Cossack Hetmanate, a period of Ukrainian Cossack rule that began in the 17th century.

The black represents the Ukrainian soil, while the red symbolizes blood — although Khanenko-Friesen (a scholar of Ukrainian folklore) said it’s not traditionally understood as blood in any violent context. “Blood as life, as blossom, and not as blood lost in battles,” she said. Red and black remains a common colour scheme in traditional Ukrainian embroidery.

You can pretend that nobody noticed the black & red if you like, as well.

FbnOKTIaAAAl2LB.jpg

You can pretend there wasn't white and blue in there before the far right guys got at it with their paintshop pro

F6U6WB4L3FAYNPKSFWIACRVQSY.jpg

Edited by I am Groot

20 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

You mean like this?

Natalia Khanenko-Friesen, director of the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies, told the National Post that the red-and-black symbology for Ukraine long predates its adoption by extremist groups. Khanenko-Friesen noted that red-and-black banners can be seen in paintings depicting the Cossack Hetmanate, a period of Ukrainian Cossack rule that began in the 17th century.

The black represents the Ukrainian soil, while the red symbolizes blood — although Khanenko-Friesen (a scholar of Ukrainian folklore) said it’s not traditionally understood as blood in any violent context. “Blood as life, as blossom, and not as blood lost in battles,” she said. Red and black remains a common colour scheme in traditional Ukrainian embroidery.

You can pretend there wasn't white and blue in there before the far right guys got at it with their paintshop pro

F6U6WB4L3FAYNPKSFWIACRVQSY.jpg

25 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

You guys seem persistent in your belief that anyone who doesn't share your fetish must have another one. But I don't swing left or right. I think the bunch of you are all crazy and your political beliefs are immature and poorly thought-out, to say the least.

Which guys are those?

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

So like 75+ million people...okay.

Not talking about those who simply voted Republican. Talking about the devotees the people who worship at the alter of Trump, believe every word he says, and hate everything and everyone he tells you to.

Just now, I am Groot said:

Not talking about those who simply voted Republican. Talking about the devotees the people who worship at the alter of Trump, believe every word he says, and hate everything and everyone he tells you to.

Yes...75+ million people.

I'm honored you fear us.

9 hours ago, betsy said:

Support for Ukraine is getting soft in Germany, says CTV.  They can't hack the gas prices!  

WHO PUT THEM IN THAT PATHETIC SITUATION?  Their freakin own government!

No. Their voters who voted for the Greens. It's the Greens in their coalition government who demanded the nuclear plants be shut down. And from the last news item I heard from Germany support for the Greens has not wavered.