Jump to content

Canada intends to service Russian pipeline turbines circumventing the sanctions


myata

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Our nation is essentially owned by US interests.

Our politics are much less a battle than US politics. Thus less interesting. However the last year has been rather interesting up here.

Canada is a dysfunctional basket case which is only propped up by American interests

if America wasn't running Canada for Canadians, the Canadian economy would implode

when America moves the Auto pact completely to Mexico, what is Ontario gonna do for a living ?

sell beaver pelts ?

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada has ceased to exist other than a bloated incompetent government bureaucracy

Has it existed though? Hasn't it from day one been about how we run this newly independent dominion, and not: how we, the citizens define and build our country and democracy? Has it changed, ever, since?

Edited by myata
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, myata said:

Has it existed though? Hasn't it from day one been about how we run this newly independent dominion, and not: how we, the citizens define and build our country and democracy? Has it changed, ever, since?

how do Canadians define their country ?

near as I can tell, they got two things to talk about

public healthcare & gun control

other than that, its just a bunch of Americans who think they are holier than thou

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

nobody in the rest of the world pays any attention to Canada

Right. Maybe that's why Albania and Norway (population 5 million) are on the Security Council. What if it isnt about great talk? but bureaucrats just couldn't get it, for them for generations of them that is, their great talk and pens scratching IS the reality, the entirety of it that matters.

Last century:

Hitler wants Sudets -> to make people of Europe happy and justice blah let's give him Sudets -> Hitler is laughing (anyone else)?

Today:

Hitler 2.0 wants less sanctions -> to make blah Europe ja blah let's give him what he wants -> Putin is laughing.

If only you could learn, too bad.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada is a dysfunctional basket case which is only propped up by American interests

if America wasn't running Canada for Canadians, the Canadian economy would implode

when America moves the Auto pact completely to Mexico, what is Ontario gonna do for a living ?

sell beaver pelts ?

We're certainly being mismanaged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, myata said:

Right. Maybe that's why Albania and Norway (population 5 million) are on the Security Council. What if it isnt about great talk? but bureaucrats just couldn't get it, for them for generations of them that is, their great talk and pens scratching IS the reality, the entirety of it that matters.

Last century:

Hitler wants Sudets -> to make people of Europe happy and justice blah let's give him Sudets -> Hitler is laughing (anyone else)?

Today:

Hitler 2.0 wants less sanctions -> to make blah Europe ja blah let's give him what he wants -> Putin is laughing.

If only you could learn, too bad.

 

Canada only fought the Second World War for the British Empire

first the Canadians were overrun trying to defend Hong Kong

then they were massacred as cover for the British trying to get an Enigma machine in Dieppe

then they fought in Italy to defend the Suez Canal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2022 at 7:50 AM, myata said:

Exactly: just stinks of something stinky, like Liberal stinky.

I call it progressive stinky myself. So-called "progress" is the problem here, manifesting itself in many ways.

Like, the idea of having strong trade alliances with your political and ideological enemies, because, that will bring hugs. "Free trade", already known to be the most deceptive lie told to the masses, by those who know about things.

Mr. Putin is merely expressing his ideas about progress, free trade, and the post-national state.

RT_russian_rocket_launcher_jt_140727_16x

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Like, the idea of having strong trade alliances with your political and ideological enemies, because, that will bring hugs. "Free trade", already known to be the most deceptive lie told to the masses, by those who know about things.

again, it's all geopolitics well above the level of Canada's control

America bribed up an alliance in the Cold War

when the Soviets collapsed

that alliance became Globalism

the Pax Americana provided freedom of navigation

you could trade with anyone, anywhere in the world, protected by the US Navy

that is a deal that a country like Canada could not resist

we are richer now than we have ever been

like I have surpassed my father in terms of real wealth

when I was a boy, we lived in cockroach infested basement apartments

now I live in a deluxe fully detached home with a massive property and a view from my deck

free trade has been a good deal for me, I've gotten everything I ever wanted

mind you, I am an American too, my father was American & Canadian, we are American Canadians, Canadian Americans

so we never had the Canadian inferiority complex about America

America has been  good to me, I love America, and I have lived the American dream in Canada,  thanks to free trade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I call it progressive stinky myself.

Maybe there's a general aspect to it, but what I mean is entirely Liberal capacity to rationalize and explain away pretty much anything if the Central Committee pronounced it a good thing for Canadians. And I mean anything, no doubts and no question asked. Like reneging on your own pompously declared and multiple times pubilcly fanfared so called staunch principles on a dime, with a snap of fingers, where could be the next line?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, myata said:

Maybe there's a general aspect to it, but what I mean is entirely Liberal capacity to rationalize and explain away pretty much anything if the Central Committee pronounced it a good thing for Canadians. And I mean anything, no doubts and no question asked. Like reneging on your own pompously declared and multiple times pubilcly fanfared so called staunch principles on a dime, with a snap of fingers, where could be the next line?

it's the Canadian capacity to rationalize & explain away anything

the Canadian inferiority complex, the inability to handle any criticism of a pathologically insecure Canada

the Liberals are simply pandering to the masses in Canada

Link to comment
Share on other sites

now, in fairness to Canada, it used to be the reverse

there was a time when Canada was the mighty British Empire

and the Americans were pathologically insecure about it

it was the Civil War which shifted the balance

that is when the Glorious Union became a Juggernaut to surpass the British Empire

the inflection point, was at Shiloh Hill, on 7 April 1862

that is where the American Empire of Liberty was born

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

just four years later

Irish American veterans of both sides in the civil war

decided to form an Irish Republican Army

to invade Canada, incite an uprising against the British Crown, then ransom Canada for Irish freedom

that is the formation war which created the Canada you live in now

Canada was cobbled together over a matter of months, in the hysterical panic which ensued

in the wake of the Queens Own Rifles being routed at Ridgeway Ontario by the nascent IRA

the Canadian inferiority complex about American republicanism, can be traced to there

Canada no longer the mighty British Empire

as the British left Canada in the lurch, in the face of American invasion

and it was in fact the Union Army under General Grant who saved Canada from the Fenians

Canada then at the mercy of the Americans, either way

your culture, all your motivations, are deeply ingrained by these geopolitical events

Canadians still living in terror of an American invasion, 155 years later

Justin Trudeau invoking the truckers as being  "American Republican Invaders !" just the other day

this shit works on Canadian saps, every single time, you can't help yourselves

this is how the Liberal elites rule you as their serfs, suckahs

the Liberals know the history, you don't

a people without a history are easily controlled by the Liberals, and this is entirely by their design

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

80% of Ontario's exports go to the United States

as a result, people here have steady jobs, can get married, have kids, buy a home, live out their days in relative comfort

I mean, what do you want ?

 

 

Nothing. I think the situation is both equitable and unavoidable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Nothing. I think the situation is both equitable and unavoidable.

in the grand scheme of things

by the arc of human history

we live in the most prosperous society that ever was

now, the Liberal elites do rule Canadians are their serfs

but that's because the Liberals are the ones who erased your history, replacing it with their party dogma

when you reject that you are a British North American, you thusly succumb to the Liberal Post National State

I don't buy it myself, I see the Liberals as Americanized republican usurpers

but that's probably because I am ethnically British, an Ulster Scot descendant of the Covenanters

I don't need the Liberals to fabricate a fake country for me,

as I am steeped in the story of my people, I know where I come from, I know why I am here

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

in the grand scheme of things

by the arc of human history

we live in the most prosperous society that ever was

now, the Liberal elites do rule Canadians are their serfs

but that's because the Liberals are the ones who erased your history, replacing it with their party dogma

when you reject that you are a British North American, you thusly succumb to the Liberal Post National State

I don't buy it myself, I see the Liberals as Americanized republican usurpers

but that's probably because I am ethnically British, an Ulster Scot descendant of the Covenanters

I don't need the Liberals to fabricate a fake country for me,

as I am steeped in the story of my people, I know where I come from, I know why I am here

Me too.

I come from a farming family in Lethbridge Alberta.

Slovak/Hungarian paternal grandparents, and Irish/English maternal.

The Irish grandfather was a drill sergeant during WWII.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Me too.

I come from a farming family in Lethbridge Alberta.

Slovak/Hungarian paternal grandparents, and Irish/English maternal.

The Irish grandfather was a drill sergeant during WWII.

see, Alberta was settled long after Canadian Confederation

Alberta was settled at the turn of the 20th century

thus Albertan's do not feel like the establishment eastern elites should rule them

particularly as the eastern elites are dominated by Quebec

Western Canada was settled by expats & pioneers, long after the eastern Canadian establishment was made

that is the origin of the East West schism in Canada

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

that being said

Alberta, who was she ?

Princess Louisa Caroline Alberta

sixth child and fourth daughter of Queen Victoria & Prince Albert

child of Saxe, Coburg & Gotha, born at Buckingham Palace

literally named after her German Belgian father

so you can't get more British than Alberta

Alberta is the very essence of a Scots German Empire to find a Northwest Passage

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ah for just one time

I would take the Northwest Passage

to find the hand of Franklin reaching for the Beaufort Sea

tracing one warm line

through a land so wide & savage

and make a Northwest Passage to the sea

there is Canada

do you see it ?

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These periods are well known in the history of some countries where an absence, inability, vacuum of will and ability to construct something lasting and real in well, the reality was compensated by dramatic creativity in all kind of arts, unreal, virtual domain of imagination. Few ended well, to the best of my knowledge as reality cannot be replaced by imaginary stuff, however great. Irish could be one of the better examples, a long period of deep misery but at least without obvious catastrophes. And some had more than one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, myata said:

These periods are well known in the history of some countries where an absence, inability, vacuum of will and ability to construct something lasting and real in well, the reality was compensated by dramatic creativity in all kind of arts, unreal, virtual domain of imagination. Few ended well, to the best of my knowledge as reality cannot be replaced by imaginary stuff, however great. Irish could be one of the better examples, a long period of deep misery but at least without obvious catastrophes. And some had more than one.

technically Canada is the Irish

the Ulster Scots of Northern Ireland

following William of Orange and his Parliamentary Supremacy

the Orange Order of Upper Canada are the Guardians of Confederation

without us, there is no Canada

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This event is well in line with SNC affair, Covid overreach and unjustified emergency. Governments of Canada are resorting to voluntary, arbitrary often chaotic rule and there's very little in fact: nothing to keep them to account and in check for possible abuse of power. This just is not a good news for the country. I'd like to be wrong but I don't think I am. I just fail to see where the good news, positive developments could come from. About the last thing the entrenched political entourage regardless of ideological stripe wants and needs is even a hint of a meaningful change. No can't be good.

Edited by myata
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alexander Muir

Canadian founding father

Orangeman of Upper Canada

Queen's Own Rifles of Canada

served as a Leftenant with No. 10 Highland Company at Ridgeway against the American Fenians

in the wake of the battle

he wrote our national anthem

a school teacher at Scarborough, Parkdale, Leslieville,

laid the corner stone at the Christian Church in Newmarket

brought his school choir to sing our song for the very first time

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, myata said:

This event is well in line with SNC affair, Covid overreach and unjustified emergency. Governments of Canada are resorting to voluntary, arbitrary often chaotic rule and there's very little in fact: nothing to keep them to account and in check for possible abuse of power. This just is not a good news for the country. I'd like to be wrong but I don't think I am. I just fail to see where the good news, positive developments could come from. About the last thing the entrenched political Olympus regardless of ideological stripe wants and needs is even a hint of a meaningful change.

honestly, bro

you're not even really Canadian

you don't know our history

you don't know anything about us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,497
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    southwest
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...