US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade

12 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

this is untrue

some states allow late term abortions regardless of the health of the mother

Show him this one if he wants to push that nonsense.

Live Action released undercover footage showing the abuses committed by Dr. Cesare Santangelo, who performs abortions at the Washington Surgi-Clinic. His website advertises performing abortions up until 31 weeks and six days, which is into the third trimester. 

Undercover Footage: Women Drugged With Xanax Before Speaking to Abortionist

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Overturning R v W was 1) using an 18th century interpretation to overturn 2) a right granted in the 20th century. 

3) A majority of Americans do not want to return to the 18th century.

4) Rome became a dictatorship because the people lost confidence in the Republic.

That's a series of inaccurate, childish and undemocratic statements.

1) The constitution is important. Not abiding by it is what causes a loss of confidence in the republic.

2) FYI the SC doesn't "make laws' and 'grant rights', they interpret the constitution and laws on the books to make legal rulings. Overturning was the proper interpretation of the constitution, even RBGinsberg said so. The original decision was quite improper, and was nothing less than judicial overreach. Only legislation and amendments to the constitution can create laws.

3) The vast majority of Americans are in favour of abortion until approximately 15 weeks. It's not even close. At some point, the laws/constitution need to be amended to match the will of the people. Not fringe groups at either end of the debate. 

4) Lying media, lying politicians, illegal mandates, a corrupt federal police force (FBI), and judges ruling from the bench are the things which do the most damage to confidence in the Republic. You support them all. Don't gripe when democracy goes down the toilet when you're the one who's twisting the lever. 

14 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Anyway, all the Supreme Court did was return decision the matter to the States.

If that's 18th century. Go 18th century. The states have a better fix on what their region wants and if they're wrong it's easier to replace them.

watch how the people invoking popularity as rubric for determining SCOTUS rulings

will now bash popularity as a rubric for states regulating abortion

they are only in favor of democracy deciding, in situations where it produces their desired result

get your popcorn ready, the hypocrites are coming

Edited by Yzermandius19

37 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

watch how the people invoking popularity as rubric for determining SCOTUS rulings

will now bash popularity as a rubric for states regulating abortion

they are only in favor of democracy deciding, in situations where it produces their desired result

get your popcorn ready, the hypocrites are coming

And for another good laugh ask the lovers of the polls that say what they want how they feel about this one:

On This July 4th, Trump Is America’s Most Popular Politician

According to the latest polling from Harvard Caps Harris Poll, despite seven years and billions of corporate dollars spent to destroy him, despite two fake impeachments and this Kangaroo January 6th Committee, Trump’s favorable rating is higher than any other politician in America—including politicians the fake media have spent billions of dollars propping up—like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-Fascist).

The poll was taken between June 28-29 of 1,308 registered voters. (The Supreme Court aborted Roe v. Wade on June 24.)

Edited by Infidel Dog

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

If that's 18th century. Go 18th century. The states have a better fix on what their region wants and if they're wrong it's easier to replace them.

It means American women are at the mercy of state governments dominated by the religious right. The supreme court abandoned its responsibility to protect the rights of all its citizens.

16 hours ago, West said:

It is invalid and has been overturned. 

S. 14 doesn't even discuss "reproductive rights". It does, however, discuss due process which Democrats have been attacking profusely by raiding law offices of attorneys of political opponents, bogus investigations into political adversaries, imprisonment without trial dates (people have been sitting in jail for a year for alleged participation in Jan 6 without access to lawyers and no trial dates) etc

They love to cry about "rights" that aren't in the constitution while trampling on rights that actually are in the constitution

14th amendment doesn’t have to list ever single possible way you are free from government overreach, just like the first amendment can simply say you have freedom of speech without listing every single thought ams idea you are free to say. 

As for your hilarious ass- backwards opposite-of-reality bullshit, Democrats’ due process is exactly why Trump is walking around as a free man today.    And if he had not received due process he would have just been thrown in jail and that would  have been the end of it  

Meanwhile Trump supporters showed absolutely no hesitation to ignore and circumvent due process when they tried to steal the 2020 election with the BIG LIE:

They falsely claimed without evidence that the 2020 election was rigged

They forged false lists of pro-Trump electors for states that they lost and sent them to Washington

After failing at over 60 legal attempts to present any evidence of of election fraud according to established due process, they falsely claimed Mike Pence authority to simply refuse to certify the election at his sole personal discretion and then  they tried to pressure him  into doing so

They formed a mob and attacked the Capitol to stop the election from being certified and for some to lynch Mike Pence

They stacked the USSC with highly  partisan ideologues who just crank out right wing rulings often with limited explanation and without regard to decades of precedent. 

And this is only a short list of Republicans creeping fascism. I don’t even think we can call it creeping anymore its more like approaching full gallop. 

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

So then why not return gun rights to the states too then if they’re so much better at deciding what’s best?

5 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

14th amendment doesn’t have to list ever single possible way you are free from government overreach, just like the first amendment can simply say you have freedom of speech without listing every single thought ams idea you are free to say. 

As for your hilarious ass- backwards opposite-of-reality bullshit, Democrats’ due process is exactly why Trump is walking around as a free man today.    And if he had not received due process he would have just been thrown in jail and that would  have been the end of it  

Meanwhile Trump supporters showed absolutely no hesitation to ignore and circumvent due process when they tried to steal the 2020 election with the BIG LIE:

They falsely claimed without evidence that the 2020 election was rigged

They forged false lists of pro-Trump electors for states that they lost and sent them to Washington

After failing at over 60 legal attempts to present any evidence of of election fraud according to established due process, they falsely claimed Mike Pence authority to simply refuse to certify the election at his sole personal discretion and then  they tried to pressure him  into doing so

They formed a mob and attacked the Capitol to stop the election from being certified and for some to lynch Mike Pence

They stacked the USSC with highly  partisan ideologues who just crank out right wing rulings often with limited explanation and without regard to decades of precedent. 

And this is only a short list of Republicans creeping fascism. I don’t even think we can call it creeping anymore its more like approaching full gallop. 

If it doesn't mention it in the constitution it resorts back to the voters. The politicians are responsible ultimately to the voter.. the ultimate in democracy. Just because leftists think the nonsense they make up violate a right doesn't make it so. 

And no, Democrats are going full on nazi style right now. People are getting harassed over that Jan 6th bs and any lawyers who speak up are having their law offices raided. Stuff you'd expect in Sudan or China, not the US. 

I notice how when a republican raises election integrity issues due to the hundreds of changed laws even up to the week of election is somehow a "threat to democracy". When democrats falsely claim the election machines are rigged as they did in 2016, what happens? The FBI launches a bogus investigation into the Trump Campaign.. talk about threat to democracy

Edited by West

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You're obviously the dropout here, you're posting articles which you don't even understand. 

That's a political litmus test - if you don't know what it means then you're so stupid that you have no hope of being anything but a leftist. I hope you enjoyed eating those paint chips when you were a kid because this is the end result.  

No I’m a university educated professional while you’re a lonely shit-shoveler with  grade school education who is so emotionally invested in his political identity you can’t even use your limited knowledge to grasp basic concepts 

ONE MORE TIME FOR THE DROPOUTS IN THE CHEAP SEATS 

1) As I’ve said several times already and none of you righties can grasp:  Just because something isn’t explicitly banned under criminal laws doesn’t mean it’s allowed and permitted. FOR EXAMPLE:There a no criminal laws that specifically say a doctor can’t amputate your arm to treat a paper cut on your finger…do you think that means such a thing happens, or  that doctors wouldn’t face consequences if they did so?  ANSWER THE QUESTION 

2) There are no abortions performed 1 minute before crowning or any such nonsense. In fact abortions after 20 weeks while perfectly legal in Canada are so rare and only medically acceptable in such exceptionally extreme situations that patients often  have to be referred to the US because there just aren’t enough clinics with experience given the extreme rarity of it. 

5 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

No I’m a university educated professional while you’re a lonely shit-shoveler with  grade school education who is so emotionally invested in his political identity you can’t even use your limited knowledge to grasp basic concepts 

ONE MORE TIME FOR THE DROPOUTS IN THE CHEAP SEATS 

1) As I’ve said several times already and none of you righties can grasp:  Just because something isn’t explicitly banned under criminal laws doesn’t mean it’s allowed and permitted. FOR EXAMPLE:There a no criminal laws that specifically say a doctor can’t amputate your arm to treat a paper cut on your finger…do you think that means such a thing happens, or  that doctors wouldn’t face consequences if they did so?  ANSWER THE QUESTION 

2) There are no abortions performed 1 minute before crowning or any such nonsense. In fact abortions after 20 weeks while perfectly legal in Canada are so rare and only medically acceptable in such exceptionally extreme situations that patients often  have to be referred to the US because there just aren’t enough clinics with experience given the extreme rarity of it. 

You are a cnn watcher who obeys like a good little sheepy. 

University should be teaching you critical thought.. it's obvious it's teaching you to shut up and obey and peddle the sad dogma of the left wing void of any sort of moral compass

Edited by West

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

No I’m a university educated professional

Bullshit. If you went to university at all it was for a football scholarship. 

while you’re a lonely shit-shoveler with  grade school education who is so emotionally invested in his political identity you can’t even use your limited knowledge to grasp basic concepts 

Keep going sad boy, I really couldn't care less what you think, but we all know which one of us can't grasp basic concepts. I just proved how stupid you are in the last post where you actually tried to add to this dialogue. Now you're running scared, making sandbox insults, as usual. 

Yes, you said that, and that's why I knew it was going to be really stupid before I even looked at it

No, there's not "a specific law" about that, no one said that there would be. It would be a violation of their own hippocratic oath, it would open them up to a malpractice suit and likely even serious criminal charges. But that stupid blurb is not even related to this topic in any way. 

Some Drs don't want to be forced to perform abortions just because they work somewhere that other people do it. That's what this is about. Schumer wants them to do his bidding. Leftists want to force people to take the pseudovax and they want Drs to to perform abortions even if they don't want to. They're fascists. Shocker. 

We're not talking about what's 'rare' or what's 'common', we're talking about what the Dems are trying to legalize. It's two entirely different topics. 

Your own stupidity is on display in every single one of your posts Beave. Your JHSDD (Jr High School Dropout Diploma) isn't pulling your fat outta the fire here. Try another way of legitimizing your idiocy. 

20 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

You’re all religious conservatives whose regimes oppress women. The Saudi legal and cultural practice practice is literally called the “male guardianship” system. 

I can't speak for anyone else in here but I'm only in church for weddings or funerals.

You're right about the Saudi's being oppressive towards women but it's ludicrous to suggest anyone posting in here is in that same league just because they happen to oppose abortion or think there should be some limits on it.

I understand the special circumstances like rape or when the health of the mother is in jeopardy.

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

So then why not return gun rights to the states too then if they’re so much better at deciding what’s best?

That issue is actually in the constitution, the second amendment. The constitution doesn't mention abortion. Now that the states have the right to decide the matter they will have to listen to the voters.

3 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

I could have sworn I heard you tell someone one time you were a barista.

Could be wrong, I guess but it's always fit so well with everything else I've seen you serve up it's just become part of the Beave story for me.

Even this more recent claim of you being what you call a "university educated professional"...I don't see anything there that challenges my original vision.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Are you asking me why the Supreme Court put the issue under the purview of the States or why I like the idea?

As I understand it the legal argument is awful complex. It may even challenge a "university trained professional" :rolleyes: like yourself. But the Federal Supreme Court did send the issue to the States. And that's pretty much all they did. 

Now as to why I like the decision to move the abortion issue to the states, basically the federal hand is too heavy for a subject that so many disagree on, on so many levels.

As to "whatabout" guns, I don't care at the moment. I'm not interested in being distracted. Ask me on a gun thread.

Edited by Infidel Dog

7 hours ago, West said:

And you think the mother could just kill her at any time in the womb?

No she can't. We don't do abortions after 20 weeks. This was their third try after two miscarriages. In some US states she might have had to worry about a manslaughter charge after her miscarriages. The idea that some dumb fuck right wing politicians get to decide which women can be charged for having a miscarriage is right out of the stone age.

50 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Are you asking me why the Supreme Court put the issue under the purview of the States or why I like the idea?

As I understand it the legal argument is awful complex. It may even challenge a "university trained professional" :rolleyes: like yourself. But the Federal Supreme Court did send the issue to the States. And that's pretty much all they did. 

Now as to why I like the decision to move the abortion issue to the states, basically the federal hand is too heavy for a subject that so many disagree on, on so many levels.

As to "whatabout" guns, I don't care at the moment. I'm not interested in being distracted. Ask me on a gun thread.

All Americans are supposed to have the same rights. Obviously this supreme court doesn't think so.

7 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Rome became a dictatorship because there was no rule of law because the generals wouldn't abide by it

and the people supported that

argument ad populum was as stupid to invoke this time as it was the last time you invoked it

popularity does not determine constitutional law

Yes, populism created emperors, it destroyed any democracy. That is what the US is teetering on the brink of when it engages in things like the Cult of Trump. Will the US end up with emperors for the next 450 years? I doubt it will last that long the way it is going.

24 minutes ago, Aristides said:

No she can't. We don't do abortions after 20 weeks. This was their third try after two miscarriages. In some US states she might have had to worry about a manslaughter charge after her miscarriages. The idea that some dumb fuck right wing politicians get to decide which women can be charged for having a miscarriage is right out of the stone age.

You folks just love pumping out the disinformation eh. 

8 minutes ago, West said:

You folks just love pumping out the disinformation eh. 

What disinformation. Abortions are not done in Canada after 20 months except under extreme circumstances. Only 1% of abortions in the US are done after 20 months so the same criteria pretty much applies there. Your BS about thousands of kids being ripped apart in late term abortions is the real disinformation.

As a matter of fact, the majority of abortions are not done surgically.

Edited by Aristides

6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

What disinformation. Abortions are not done in Canada after 20 months except under extreme circumstances. Only 1% of abortions in the US are done after 20 months so the same criteria pretty much applies there. Your BS about thousands of kids being ripped apart in late term abortions is the real disinformation.

As a matter of fact, the majority of abortions are not done surgically.

You won't be charged for manslaughter for a "miscarriage". And we aren't going to reinstatement slavery. Stop the bullshit fear mongering. It's disgusting. Also the vast majority of abortions are not due to incest, rape or medical issues... another lie from you folks to justify baby murder 

I never said anything really about late term abortions. Enough are being ripped apart earlier as well 

Edited by West

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

For drug use.. We've been over this already. 

You folks really need to stop lying and actually educate yourself. It's disgusting the character assassination the pro baby killing side is participating in right now

Edited by West
  • Like 1