US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

Well done Republicans.

Public confidence in the Supreme court at record low. 25%, that's 5% lower than its previous low in 1914.

Biden's approval ratings look fantastic compared to the SCOTUS.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/24/confidence-in-supreme-court-hits-record-low-amid-roe-v-wade/

It's not Republicans who are mostly to blame.

The Dems made a brazen attempt to pack the SC with an extra 9 activist judges, then they appointed an unqualified SCJ purely on the basis of her race, gender and political activism.

In most countries judges are supposed to stay out of the political arena, KBJ worked on Obama's election campaign. It's atrocious that she was put in the highest court in the land. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Believing that people shouldn’t go to jail for it isn’t favouring it.  I believe people should be allowed to get divorces, that doesn’t mean I “favour” people getting divorced. I believe doctors should be able to amputate limbs when medically necessary. It doesn’t mean I “favour” peoples limps being amputated. I believe pet owners should be able to out down a seriously ill pet, that doesn’t mean I “favour” killing pets.  Get it?

These lat term abortions only happen under very rare very extreme and very serious situations  They are not done for no reason and they are regulated under medical standards not under criminal law, just like other surgeries, amputations and other medical procedures  are .  Doctors are still subject to criminal sanctions if they recklessly or needlessly perform operations and procedures  

Clearly your reading comprehension is failing you drastically. 

Schumer is planning to bring the Women’s Health Protection Act to a vote in the Senate. The bill would eliminate nearly all restrictions on abortion, legalizing it up to the moment of birth and eliminating conscience exemptions — for example, the right of medical professionals not to kill babies.

I can't even believe that a "mainstream" political party would want to force people to do abortions if they don't want to. It's beyond absurd.

Do they really think that someone's gonna go all the way through medical school just to do something which they know is immoral? 

Most people wouldn't be able to stomach a job killing chickens, how much would you have to be paid in order to chop the heads off of babies that are 1 minute old? 

Is there a difference between a baby that's 1 minute old and a healthy fetus just 1 minute before it crowns? Could you easily kill one and not the other? Could you quite happily kill both? 

Healthy humans would absolutely not do either. 

I think that there's something really wrong with you. I'd be surprised if you're not on a terrorist watchlist. You really ought to be. 

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

But pro lifers would put them in jail for having miscarriages.

Oh man, you'll just go to any level of stupidity and lies just to keep on saying words. I hope that the day comes when you look back on that post and feel shame because otherwise, you're completely off your rocker. 

Just now, WestCanMan said:

Oh man, you'll just go to any level of stupidity and lies just to keep on saying words. I hope that the day comes when you look back on that post and feel shame because otherwise, you're completely off your rocker. 

I won't feel any shame, state laws are doing just that.

You are the one who should be feeling shame and embarrassment. 

29 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Stop egging the pro-abortion trolls on, they're not responding to logic and humanity. They're just getting sicker and sicker.

I don't think this is a healthy place for them. 

Just exposing the baby hatred and disregard for life we know drives the religion of woke's dogma

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Stop egging the pro-abortion trolls on, they're not responding to logic and humanity. They're just getting sicker and sicker.

I don't think this is a healthy place for them. 

Pro choice is not pro abortion. That has been explained to you multiple times but seems to be beyond your comprehension. 

WTF is it you don't understand about the word, CHOICE.

Edited by Aristides

6 hours ago, ironstone said:

But there must have been some reason that you singled out the Saudis and Iranians in order to make your point.

Please tell us the connection between Republicans, Saudis, Iranians and abortion.

You’re all religious conservatives whose regimes oppress women. The Saudi legal and cultural practice practice is literally called the “male guardianship” system. 

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Clearly your reading comprehension is failing you drastically. 

I can't even believe that a "mainstream" political party would want to force people to do abortions if they don't want to. It's beyond absurd.

Do they really think that someone's gonna go all the way through medical school just to do something which they know is immoral? 

Most people wouldn't be able to stomach a job killing chickens, how much would you have to be paid in order to chop the heads off of babies that are 1 minute old? 

Is there a difference between a baby that's 1 minute old and a healthy fetus just 1 minute before it crowns? Could you easily kill one and not the other? Could you quite happily kill both? 

Healthy humans would absolutely not do either. 

I think that there's something really wrong with you. I'd be surprised if you're not on a terrorist watchlist. You really ought to be. 

Uh no YOUR reading comprehension is failing you, dropout. Re-read my post and the article again.  You don’t get it. 

5 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the 14th amendment does not include a right to abortion

a child's body is not the mother's body

I’lll keep saying it:  A fertilized egg is not a child 

Nowhere in the constitution does it say that fertilized egg is a human with rights. Even your partisan right wing Supreme Court isn’t saying that which is why they ruled states can still choose to allow abortion, which would not be the case if the considered it a human being. 

5 hours ago, West said:

What about the babys right not to bodily autonomy not to be ripped apart limb from limb?

A fertilized egg is not a baby. 

Nowhere in the constitution does it mention anything about eggs, blastocysts, zygotes, embryos, fetuses or any other description of the “unborn”. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

I’lll keep saying it:  A fertilized egg is not a child 

Nowhere in the constitution does it say that fertilized egg is a human with rights. Even your partisan right wing Supreme Court isn’t saying that which is why they ruled states can still choose to allow abortion, which would not be the case if the considered it a human being. 

the Supreme Court also said there is no right to an abortion in the 14th amendment

so bringing them up doesn't help your case

7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the Supreme Court also said there is no right to an abortion in the 14th amendment

so bringing them up doesn't help your case

Nor yours.

But it’s fair to mention that for a half century prior to this highly partisan activist court, the Supreme Court said the 14th amendment DID apply to abortion, interracial marriage, birth control and other private matters that were no business of the state. Now the current conservative judges have ruled that states are free to ban all those things. 

4 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Nor yours.

But it’s fair to mention that for a half century prior to this highly partisan activist court, the Supreme Court said the 14th amendment DID apply to abortion, interracial marriage, birth control and other private matters that were no business of the state. Now the current conservative judges have ruled that states are free to ban all those things. 

the previous SCOTUS were partisan activist court

and their idiotic ruling was rightly struck down

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

A fertilized egg is not a baby. 

Nowhere in the constitution does it mention anything about eggs, blastocysts, zygotes, embryos, fetuses or any other description of the “unborn”. 

Nowhere does it say in the constitution that life begins when the baby exists the womb.. 

For the 7 unelected justices to arbitrarly decide in the 1970s when life begins is barbaric

Edited by West

17 minutes ago, West said:

Nowhere does it say in the constitution that life begins when the baby exists the womb.. 

The constitution says RIGHTS begin after birth or naturalization…Therefore the unborn are not citizens   

Fourteenth Amendment, Section 1: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State. .

Edited by BeaverFever

21 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the previous SCOTUS were partisan hacks

and their idiotic ruling was rightly struck down

No what bullshit. Clearly this SCOTUS is made up of partisan hacks, by the way the Republican majority is ramming through partisan Republican decisions one after another. You really think they’re non-partisan?  Hilarious. 

Edited by BeaverFever