Convoy Arson Hoax

3 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I nominate Nationalist for Leader!?

I'm not blue collar...haven't been for decades.

Besides...I have a few skeletons in my closet that would not look good were they dragged out during any sort of campaign.

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

The institutions...or a lot of them anyway...are semi-necessary. What they need is an enema.

I wouldn't know how else to straighten this mess out...without breaking a few things...or people...

I've tried to warn the Libbies that if they push too hard, they'll pick a real fight with people they really don't want to fight with. I really hope there's a peaceful way to resolve this BS.

you seem like a good man

honest, forthright, honorable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I'm not blue collar...haven't been for decades.

Besides...I have a few skeletons in my closet that would not look good were they dragged out during any sort of campaign.

Don't worry about that. I'll be your campaign manager. We can start construction on the log cabin you were born in as soon as you give the word.

19 hours ago, Moonbox said:

or that you're just mad and looking for things to get mad about ?

Nothing seems to bother you except maybe Pierre, truckers, but false news is what, acceptable now...as long as it's not against you, or anything close to you... what ever happened to fair play or any of the points i mentioned. 

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

What lies ?

And I thought Fact Checkers were liars ??

Of course you'd ask what lies, your not suggesting that the liberals have never lied, or that the media has never printed lies or twisted the story to fit their narrative.. But i could give you a list if you wanted to. 

lairs or very incompetent, I'm betting on both. if it sells papers

8 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Why a hoax?

They showed security footage of someone setting fire inside an apartment lobby. When this was shown, they asked if anyone could identify the persons.

They never said it had anything to do with the protest. They even said the police were not sure why the guys did this.

When they caught one guy, they stated he had nothing to do with the protest as stated in the article "there is no information indicating the accused was involved in any way with the convoy protest, "

Hoax? What hoax?? Sometimes you folks really gotta shake out the conspiracy shit in your heads.

A lot of people were assuming it was the truckers, take a look at some different social media outlets read for yourselves. Kind of like the NAZI flag things....

Canadian Trucker Protesters Caught Trying To Light Apt. On Fire: PHOTOS - Comic Sands

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

A lot of people were assuming it was the truckers, take a look at some different social media outlets read for yourselves. Kind of like the NAZI flag things....

Canadian Trucker Protesters Caught Trying To Light Apt. On Fire: PHOTOS - Comic Sands

Why do you think social media posts are relevant to this discussion?  ?

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Nothing seems to bother you except maybe Pierre, truckers, but false news is what, acceptable now...as long as it's not against you, or anything close to you... what ever happened to fair play or any of the points i mentioned. 

Again, what false news?  They reported an investigation into links to the truckers, and found none.  At best you've demonstrated an editorial bias, which every news source has, but they even corrected yourself.  This is pretty boring stuff.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Again, what false news?  They reported an investigation into links to the truckers, and found none.  At best you've demonstrated an editorial bias, which every news source has, but they even corrected yourself.  This is pretty boring stuff.  

it was described as a hoax, well those social media posts shows people were convinced that it was the truckers, they got that opinion from the media....that it was not a hoax but fact.... .. it is one thing to show bias towards something but the way the ,media portrayed this was more of a one way slant...and it changes the story and the meaning behind it just like the Nazi flag thing everyone assumed it was a trucker, had no problem pinning it on that group........

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Yup, gotta believe the Social Media Networks. They are the real deal  LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

13 hours ago, Moonbox said:

You still refuse to see the media for what it is...a political tool.

The news media is supposed to seek and report the truth and facts in an unbiased way. To tell the public what is happening and hold the government to account. That's call "journalism". What we have now is politically motivated activism. 

A couple young men lit a campfire in an apartment building. It did not burn long and caused very little damage. Normally this would not even be reported. But the "activists" took the opportunity to lay blame on protesters for political reasons. They did so to plant the idea in people's heads. That is not "journalism".

The news media is corrupt and needs to be defunded.!

28 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

The news media is supposed to seek and report the truth and facts in an unbiased way. To tell the public what is happening and hold the government to account. That's call "journalism". What we have now is politically motivated activism. 

A couple young men lit a campfire in an apartment building. It did not burn long and caused very little damage. Normally this would not even be reported. But the "activists" took the opportunity to lay blame on protesters for political reasons. They did so to plant the idea in people's heads. That is not "journalism".

No, the news media is a business. The shareholders care about credibility because politically motivated bias does not attract and hold eyes and therefore, does not attract advertising dollars, and that has a negative impact on dividend cheques. Have you noticed that the politically motivated bias media doesn't make much money? Consider the Rebel or the Daily worker. What is their circulation compared to the Globe and Mail or the National Post or even MacLeans?

If you want to defund a newspaper, all you have to do is turn it into a political tool. The stock price will plummet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

No, the news media is a business. The shareholders care about credibility because politically motivated bias does not attract and hold eyes and therefore, does not attract advertising dollars, and that has a negative impact on dividend cheques. Have you noticed that the politically motivated bias media doesn't make much money? Consider the Rebel or the Daily worker. What is their circulation compared to the Globe and Mail or the National Post or even MacLeans?

If you want to defund a newspaper, all you have to do is turn it into a political tool. The stock price will plummet.

The CBC in particular is nothing but pure activism. 

It needs to be taken down.

Defund them all and let them stand on merit.

16 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You forget that the CBC is more than just news. Quirks and Quarks, Under the Influence, North by Northwest, Marvin's Room, Backstage with Ben Hepner, Ideas, Q, As It Happens, Hockey Night in Canada, the Nature of Things, the Next Chapter, Market Place, Coronation Street, Frankie Drake Mysteries, Still Standing, Murdoch Mysteries, Kim's Convenience, etc. 

The purpose of a public broadcaster is to provide quality programing for the broadest audience, rather than the lowest common denominator. What private broadcaster is airing proframs like Quirks and Quarks or Ideas? I am not denegrating private broadcasting but for a small market service provider, quality programming directed at a diverse audience is not possible without public financial support. The Conservative Government that founded the CBC understood a national public broadcaster is necessary to give something for everyone. If you defund the CBC, can you assure that quality programming in science, liturature and culture will continue?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I disagree, that is what reporting used to be.

Journalism, to me, is telling a story, and it can be biased and opinionated.

Reporting, on the other hand, is just that, report what is going on...period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

when I was a boy, the CBC was beyond reproach, the best journalists in the world

yet now, I haven't watched the CBC in years

the National with Knowlton Nash used to be an automatic end to the day

now I can't even bear the sight of the Woke lunatics on the CBC

it's already dead, defunding it would just be bouncing the rubble

56 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You forget that the CBC is more than just news. Quirks and Quarks, Under the Influence, North by Northwest, Marvin's Room, Backstage with Ben Hepner, Ideas, Q, As It Happens, Hockey Night in Canada, the Nature of Things, the Next Chapter, Market Place, Coronation Street, Frankie Drake Mysteries, Still Standing, Murdoch Mysteries, Kim's Convenience, etc. 

The purpose of a public broadcaster is to provide quality programing for the broadest audience, rather than the lowest common denominator. What private broadcaster is airing proframs like Quirks and Quarks or Ideas? I am not denegrating private broadcasting but for a small market service provider, quality programming directed at a diverse audience is not possible without public financial support. The Conservative Government that founded the CBC understood a national public broadcaster is necessary to give something for everyone. If you defund the CBC, can you assure that quality programming in science, liturature and culture will continue?

sorry, but you are clinging to a Canada of yore which simply doesn't exist anymore

the ground has shifted under your feet

8 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Nope.  I see the media for what it actually is - corporately owned with an editorial bias that should be accounted for.  

8 hours ago, Nationalist said:

The news media is supposed to seek and report the truth and facts in an unbiased way.

There's no news media in the world that reports in an unbiased way.  Some are far worse than others, but that really doesn't matter to all the circus clowns on this forum.  When you're proposing Rebel Media or TNC as better alternatives, that's freaking cringe.  You're not looking for unbiased news.  You're looking for bullshit peddlers to repeat your views back to you - the alternative facts if you will.  It doesn't matter that when the fact checkers and media bias monitors weigh in against you either.  They're just another part of the system, maaaan.  

Edited by Moonbox
  • Thanks 1