Jump to content

War In Ukraine


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, August1991 said:

We Canadians bury our war dead in place. There are many Commonwealth War graves around the world. New Zealanders.

Americans tend to bring their war dead to a central place.

I have been to both. Wandered around. And I have always asked myself: What was this guy doing? Why did he do it?  

Almost everyone brings their dead home these days because remains don't have to spend weeks or months being transported and the sheer volume is nowhere near what it was in the world wars. Our Afghan dead were all brought home. The US maintains 17 permanent cemeteries from the world wars in foreign countries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, August1991 said:

OK. You think that you own Hawaii.

The Japanese attack - a Day in Infamy - and you Americans respond against Japan.

But why also against Germany?

=====

In America and Russia, the war started in 1941. In Canada, the war started  in 1939.

 Later, walking around cemeteries, cities, talking to people - women in particular.

I realised that this war did not start in 1939 0r 1941.

It started in summer 1914. And it lasted to 1945. These thirty years changed the lives of many people. Around the world.

 

Please.  If we're going to go down that road it started about 3000 years ago.  Europe and asia have had back to back to back wars and armed conflicts big and small pretty much continually for that time.  It's been going on since the first person figured out if they wack  the other person over the head with a rock they could take what they had.

There was a great line, can't remember where from:  "Peace is a theoretical condition whose existence we postulate because there's occasionally gaps between wars"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, August1991 said:

OK. You think that you own Hawaii.

The Japanese attack - a Day in Infamy - and you Americans respond against Japan.

But why also against Germany?

 

Because Hitler declared war on the US first and saved Roosevelt the trouble.

Edited by Aristides
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2023 at 9:20 PM, Nationalist said:

Boo!

I here Austria,  Czech,  Germany and Hungary refuse to send Ukrainian refugees of military age, back to Ukraine. 

Oh well...

Did you “here” about your beloved Putin’s love-in with North Korean dictator and ally Kim Jon Un on Russian soil meant to deepen their alliance?  I can’t believe you think those are the good guys. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2023 at 5:10 PM, BeaverFever said:

Did you “here” about your beloved Putin’s love-in with North Korean dictator and ally Kim Jon Un on Russian soil meant to deepen their alliance?  I can’t believe you think those are the good guys. 

Who says I think they're good guys. Frankly I think they're all bad guys...including Biden. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Who says I think they're good guys. Frankly I think they're all bad guys...including Biden. 

You say it with every Kremlin lie you brainlessly repeat on this forum.
 

You have made it abundantly clear that you believe everything the Kremlin says is true and that everything the western/NATO countries or Ukraine say is a lie.

You’ve said that you hope Russia wins.

You’ve said that Ukraine is responsible for Russian atrocities because they have the audacity to no not unilaterally surrender and concede to Russia’s demands for territory.

This is the first time you’ve even acknowledged Russia’s alliance with China North Korea Syria and Iran despite it being mentioned countless times in this forum because it’s an inconvenient truth that you wish would go away and your propaganda sources don’t have any talking points for you to memorize and regurgitate on the subject

 

You are a Russian dupe plain and simple. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

You say it with every Kremlin lie you brainlessly repeat on this forum.
 

You have made it abundantly clear that you believe everything the Kremlin says is true and that everything the western/NATO countries or Ukraine say is a lie.

You’ve said that you hope Russia wins.

You’ve said that Ukraine is responsible for Russian atrocities because they have the audacity to no not unilaterally surrender and concede to Russia’s demands for territory.

This is the first time you’ve even acknowledged Russia’s alliance with China North Korea Syria and Iran despite it being mentioned countless times in this forum because it’s an inconvenient truth that you wish would go away and your propaganda sources don’t have any talking points for you to memorize and regurgitate on the subject

 

You are a Russian dupe plain and simple. 

Ur a bloody m0ron Beave.

A bloodthirsty death-cultist m0ron.

Your warped reality fools nobody but your cult buddies. And I doubt it honestly really fools most of them.

Your "morality" is warped beyond recognition and your actions only impose suffering on everyone.

In short...you Libbie cultists are an abject failure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Your warped reality fools nobody but your cult buddies. And I doubt it honestly really fools most of them.

Hilarious!  So you actually think the vast majority of westerners share your pro-Russian views and only a small “cult” of us support Ukrainian resistance?  You can’t possibly believe that.

This is another hilarious feature of the MAGA dumbass cult:  sometimes you claim that the whole society has been fooled and you’re part of a select few who know the real truth, you know the old “in an insane world it is the sane who are called crazy” schtick that you hear from every homeless street preacher.   Then other times you folk play the exact opposite, pretending the whole world’s shares your views and anyone who disagrees is part of some fringe cult.

 

That FLIP FLOP is exactly what you’ve done here, at first claiming that the everyone west has been fooled by some worldwide conspiracy that includes all the western governments and the MSM in some sinister plot. Now you’re claiming everyone sees the world the way you do and only a small “cult” denies reality 

 

As Ive said many times before you MAGAS will say anything, words have no meaning for people like you and you just barf words all over the screen with little thought to their meaning or what you’ve said previously. It’s all just stream-of-consciousness verbal diarrhea from simple-minded highly emotional people, who are easily brainwashed by the like of Putin and anonymous internet trolls. 

Edited by BeaverFever
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Hilarious!  So you actually think the vast majority of westerners share your pro-Russian views and only a small “cult” of us support Ukrainian resistance?  You can’t possibly believe that.

This is another hilarious feature of the MAGA dumbass cult:  sometimes you claim that the whole society has been fooled and you’re part of a select few who know the real truth, you know the old “in an insane world it is the sane who are called crazy” schtick that you hear from every homeless street preacher.   Then other times you folk play the exact opposite, pretending the whole world’s shares your views and anyone who disagrees is part of some fringe cult.

 

That FLIP FLOP is exactly what you’ve done here, at first claiming that the everyone west has been fooled by some worldwide conspiracy that includes all the western governments and the MSM in some sinister plot. Now you’re claiming everyone sees the world the way you do and only a small “cult” denies reality 

 

As Ive said many times before you MAGAS will say anything, words have no meaning for people like you and you just barf words all over the screen with little thought to their meaning or what you’ve said previously. It’s all just stream-of-consciousness verbal diarrhea from simple-minded highly emotional people, who are easily brainwashed by the like of Putin and anonymous internet trolls. 

And this is why you fail with such regularity. You possess the logic and reasoning of a kindergarten kid. To you, if a person does not want war with Russia, that person must, by default, be FOR Russia and AGAINST NATO and the USofA. 

Ukraine never stood a snowball's chance in Hell of maintaining the separatist regions in the east, or of beating back the Russian military. Does that mean I want Russia to restore its European empire? No. It means I see the reality of the situation and acknowledge it.

1. Ukraine is not a NATO nation. To send Ukraine enough arms to lose slower and to force them to fight on in vain is disgusting. 

2. To attack the primary source of global energy without a reliable and cost effective replacement is stupid.

3. To open you border to anyone is stupid.

4. To tuck your tail between your legs and surrender Afghanistan to a bunch of Terrorist is stupid and disgusting. 

THIS...my fine death-cultist...is your legacy. Your gift to the world.

Your abject failure exposed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Aristides said:

When is Russia going to win it's two week war? 

When Ukraine runs out of soldiers, which should be right about...

Now.

After which, western interests will take over what's left of Ukraine. I'd give that about a decade before the Ukrainians realize...

They've been had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I see that Zelensky is on another of his world tours, is back in Canada to give another speech to patliament. No doubt he needs billions more $$, now that some countries (like Poland) have started to pull back on their funding. Could it be the gravy trains coming to an end? Well it was a helluva good run.

But surely our globalist spitzbub PM will manage to pony up a few more billion.

They got a surplus with the tax windfall, price increases and interest rates. That's right, chumps. The war is being carried on your back.

Next up, conscription. Send in the kids.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Poland's beef with Ukraine is more about grain, not arms.

Poland hasn't really pulled back, they have already given Ukraine most of their Soviet vintage arms and are re-equipping with more modern "western" stuff. They just signed a $14 billion deal with South Korea for rockets, tanks, artillery and aircraft. They are still a transit and repair hub for weapons supplied by other countries.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/sep/21/poland-stop-ukraine-weapons-supply-grain-exports-dispute

Conscription will never happen in Canada although compulsory military service would be a good thing. Scandinavian countries think so and when in 2013 Switzerland had a referendum on conscription, 73% voted to keep it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Aristides said:

Conscription will never happen in Canada although compulsory military service would be a good thing. Scandinavian countries think so and when in 2013 Switzerland had a referendum on conscription, 73% voted to keep it.

Never mind the bollocks.

Canada manages to pony up another $650 M for the war in Ukraine. This on top of the just recently announced $500M, if my memory is correct. Wasn't that just a few months ago?

Gee, that's a lotta indian money you could have gave away there, or help the rising number of poor children in Canada.

It's yer tax dollars in action, suck on that next time you go to the grocery store or make any purchase. That 10% inflation goes right into Trudeau's pocket.

"The multi-year commitment includes $650 million over three years for 50 armoured vehicles that are to be built in London, Ont. Friday's announcement brings Canada's total committed support to Ukraine to more than $9.5 billion since the beginning of 2022, according to a news release."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2023 at 9:32 AM, OftenWrong said:

It's yer tax dollars in action, suck on that next time you go to the grocery store or make any purchase. That 10% inflation goes right into Trudeau's pocket.

$500M for weapons to Ukraine leads to grocery inflation, going straight to Trudeau's pockets.  What an interesting take.  ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

$500M for weapons to Ukraine leads to grocery inflation, going straight to Trudeau's pockets.  What an interesting take.  ? 

Not terribly interesting depending on what the money is spent on.

If it was just given to another country to pay for them to make weapons to send to ukrane (as has been done before) then while that isn't great it's less pressure on inflation.

But - i understand this round is to pay for new Canadian built armoured vehicles.  That 100 percent does increase inflation.  Any time you dump unearned dollars into the marketplace in the form of gov't spending you create upward pressure on inflation.

And The gov't DOES benefit from that. If you're charging 5 percent gst on something, and that price of that something goes up 10 percent.. you just got a 10 percent increase in your gst revenues. And because prices don't go down that's a permanent tax bump without having to "raise taxes" in a visible way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

$500M for weapons to Ukraine leads to grocery inflation, going straight to Trudeau's pockets.  What an interesting take.  ? 

500 M? Maybe you don read so good. I read somewhere the total take on Canadian taxpayers backs is now around 10 billion.

That's a lotta money we could give to starving indian kids, and for the tranny liberation cause. Wouldn't that make you feel good about yourself if we did that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

and for the tranny liberation cause.

I'm really trying to imagine how that works.  we know what liberation causes in the past looked like....

"I disagree with where you pee, sir, but i defend to the death your right to pee there".

"give me vagina or give me death!"

"Four score and seven genders ago...."

"Friends, romans, countrymen.  lend me your beers!"

 

Honestly it just doesn't seem the same.....

Edited by CdnFox
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2023 at 11:57 AM, OftenWrong said:

500 M? Maybe you don read so good. I read somewhere the total take on Canadian taxpayers backs is now around 10 billion.

It may be, by the time it's done.  That's pennies on the dollar for neutering what's been Europe/Western's primary adversary for the last 75 years.  

On 9/27/2023 at 11:57 AM, OftenWrong said:

That's a lotta money we could give to starving indian kids, and for the tranny liberation cause. Wouldn't that make you feel good about yourself if we did that?

Gotta get a good jab in there on the trannies and the woke, amirite?  ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Nationalist said:

FYI...

Slovakia has a new leader and he's vowed to end Slovak support for Ukraine.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66972984

He’s long been known as pro-Putin Kremlin asset. Thankfully Slovakia is not an important country and the previous government has already donated most of the surplus military equipment that Slovakia has to offer 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

He’s long been known as pro-Putin Kremlin asset. Thankfully Slovakia is not an important country and the previous government has already donated most of the surplus military equipment that Slovakia has to offer 

Oh of course. Well they are right beside Ukraine. Unlike...you and Biden...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,741
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    timwilson
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • User earned a badge
      Posting Machine
    • User earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • User went up a rank
      Proficient
    • Videospirit earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Videospirit went up a rank
      Explorer
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...