War In Ukraine

11 hours ago, CdnFox said:

True, slip of the tounge.

right, okay, sure

in terms of NATO troops in Finland

Finland has 200,000 troops available on short notice

that's the largest contingent of NATO troops available in the alliance

so Finland joining NATO puts a very large NATO ground force on the Russian border in of itself

Finland is now the biggest & baddest NATO ground force at high readiness, except for Poland perhaps

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

there's no requirement to be loyal to Confederation in Canada

That just means you won't get arrested for your disloyalty.  Which is fair, you shouldnt be forced to be loyal. But that doesn't make it any less odious or make you any less disloyal. It just means it's legal.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

so Finland joining NATO puts a very large NATO ground force on the Russian border in of itself

Finland is now the biggest & baddest NATO ground force at high readiness, except for Poland perhaps

But but but but you said they didn't matter, it was all kgb lies, nato is an ocean force blah blah,

Thanks for stating what i said in the beginning - Finland joining nato  is bad news for the russians. Glad you leraned something here. Maybe next time read up on it before disagreeing.

When I look at the live map of the Ukraine war, it seems as is the Russians are probably going to hold everything east of the Dnipro in southern Ukraine, and for whatever reason it looks like they want Bakhmut just north of Donetsk. 

It must be a tough nut to crack, or an important junction. Looks like a lot o fhighways go through it.

I wonder if that's where the US special forces are fighting, if they're in the region at all. 

After the dust settles, it looks like that's where the map will be drawn up. 

ScreenShot2023-04-17at3_48_41PM.thumb.png.2c27fd6e814edfc46aa679db8ef78066.png

The Russians have been at Bakhmut since the last time I posted this map here, a few weeks ago. 

Edited by WestCanMan

15 hours ago - 48°27′N 37°46′E

At Bakhmut direction Russian army shelled Vasukivka, Minkivka, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Chasiv Yar, Novodmytrivka, Pivnichne, Pleschiyivka and Scherbynivka of Donetsk region, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report 

51 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

When I look at the live map of the Ukraine war, it seems as is the Russians are probably going to hold everything east of the Dnipro in southern Ukraine, and for whatever reason it looks like they want Bakhmut just north of Donetsk. 

It must be a tough nut to crack, or an important junction. Looks like a lot o fhighways go through it.

I wonder if that's where the US special forces are fighting, if they're in the region at all. 

After the dust settles, it looks like that's where the map will be drawn up. 

ScreenShot2023-04-17at3_48_41PM.thumb.png.2c27fd6e814edfc46aa679db8ef78066.png

The Russians have been at Bakhmut since the last time I posted this map here, a few weeks ago. 

the problem for the Ukrainians is that NATO just ain't giving them that much

NATO is giving them a handful of tanks, not a tank army

but moreover, for the Ukrainians to pull off a penetrating envelopment offensive, they need more than tanks

the Ukrainians need air cover for those tanks, they need F-16's 

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

the problem for the Ukrainians is that NATO just ain't giving them that much

NATO is giving them a handful of tanks, not a tank army

but moreover, for the Ukrainians to pull off a penetrating envelopment offensive, they need more than tanks

the Ukrainians need air cover for those tanks, they need F-16's 

Not to worry. Like Uncle Joe says, we're here to support the war, for as looooong as it takes.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Not to worry. Like Uncle Joe says, we're here to support the war, for as looooong as it takes.

Yeap. A loooong and grinding war actually benefits nato and it's allies quite a bit. it drains the russians constantly and wears down their economy over time, it allows them to keep their military production at reasonable rates, it pins the russians so they can't afford to respond anywhere else in the world leaving the allies more free to take actions anywhere else if they feel the need, it encourages other nations to look for alternate fuel supplies, etc.

Another year or two of this would suit them fine.

4 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Tovarisch, I gave you an opportunity to participate in a discussion but it seems the request was not approved in Siberia at the FSB, former communist KGB offices. 

In that case, tell the trolls around you to remember the warrant: 

image.png.75ee75994191e250894f68534c38cc5f.png

• and the reality, Putin's weak decision to invade made the NATO alliance stronger: 

Well said Grapes II.

5 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

@athos, your soldier is here to help you. He is trying to use the term "Grapes II" to gain some sort of upper hand. Is all his mind can do. 

You see, always, always, you will find the same ilk defending and supporting each other, even though I did state my position earlier that the Ukrainians should and most likely will face consequences for their corruption if it's proven that they abused the American taxpayers. 

Extremely strange, a nationalist, fake MAGA from Canada liking a communist from Siberia:

?

FSB1.thumb.png.62503db7870f14060f0590d08146a284.png.8ddcf5d808f639133aaad91fdc12c0ab.png

Lol...trying to save face now eh?

It has always been true that Ukraine could not beat Russia in a war, without massive NATO/US forces.

Now it's admitted that Ukraine forces are decimated and your great hero Zelinsky is nothing more that a common thief. Seems I've been saying that for a long time as well.

You run off and lick your wounds. I'm sure there will be other opportunities for you to bloviate about other wars. But this one...

Is done-ski.

4 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

More ramblings from the bully troll, well, listen, you write like this, we can talk, as soon as you start talking about "putting people in a box" after a lager, then we will go in the gutter.

• This is ok, you are making improvements, it is probably the stake you had, hope you enjoyed it. 

I did thanks. Did you enjoy your weekend BBQ?

If I remember correctly...I was waxing away about what I think of ANTIFA. IMO...they deserve nothing less.

1 minute ago, Contrarian said:

I live downtown in a condo and ordered Uber. You are the big boss with the barbecue. Don't have time for such activities, I order Uber and bring something, you eat barbecue and pollute. 

Sure...pollute...yum yum.

5 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

It's clear that you have sympathies towards the FSB Communists who robbed me of my future.

Instead of engaging in pointless arguments with internet trolls who judge me based on my language or citizenship, I should have been living in my home country with my loved ones. And yet, you have the audacity to demand my sympathy in return.

I don't need or want your sympathy. What gave you that idea?

You're attempts to assign me to either side of the Ukraine war, only further exhibits your complete lack of understanding of reality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

What do you mean? These are your words? Don't make me get those screenshots again. In that case, what are you? Pro-NATO like me ? I stated my position. Pro-NATO always, and been critical around this thread of the Ukrainians too, but also seeing the big picture of China's threat and how NATO needs to stay strong in Ukraine by supporting Kyiv. 

what is your position? Pro Redacted? That is a channel used by the FSB, what else do you have?! 

My "position" is truth and reality.!

For instance...it's KIEV!

I am pro-reason. Pro-peace. It's that position that enables me to be proven correct more often than not. Like...for instance...this little war.

1 minute ago, Contrarian said:

Listen, Macron had this position, but this is not you. You are on record saying that you want Ukrainians to be destroyed and NATO to watch helplessly. Are you kidding? If that happens, next China will invade Taiwan, etc, etc. You can understand how you can not be in charge of foreign policy. 

I said that so 2 war mongering Tweenkies could see the fruits of reality. But hey...you can and will twist anything to justify your lies and warped version of things.

If China attacks Taiwan, the blame will land squarely in Biden's boney old lap.

10 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

ever since World War Two, land battles have been won with air power

but in this case, neither side has air superiority, neither side is able to affect air land battle

so that just sends things back to World War One ; artillery duel stalemate in the trenches

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

My "position" is truth and reality.!

For instance...it's KIEV!

Kiev is Russian, Kyiv is Ukrainian, two different languages

but technically, the Ukrainians are the original Rus who came from Scandinavia

Muscovite Russia was the colony

so historically, Kyiv is the original, Kiev is the bastardization

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

I am pro-reason. Pro-peace. It's that position that enables me to be proven correct more often than not. Like...for instance...this little war.

what I find odd, is that you say you are a Nationalist

but then you oppose Ukrainian nationalism in favour of Russian imperialism

seems contradictory