Conservative Leadership September 10th

31 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the parties I support don't win

because Canadians hate freedom

America Derangement Syndrome is a helluva drug

if America came out in support of oxygen tomorrow

many Canadians would hold their breath and refuse to breathe in the "poisonous" oxygen

Clearly Canadians are over-mothered by the state.  They generally want to be told what to do if it means walking off a cliff.  This is what happens when people stop thinking for themselves and forget how hard-won freedom is.  The citizenry are now watching their government literally strip away rights, but they won’t question government.  Eyeball, Moonbox, Jack9000, and a few other recent posters will eat whatever shit government doles out and fear any opposition to the government narratives purveyed on government-funded media.  They’ll mock peaceful protesters who get their heads kicked in by government if government says it’s for public safety.

I think the Liberals will probably get re-elected and the increasingly enslaved population will pat themselves on the back as they lose rights.  The vax passports and testing requirements are the cruel joke on Canadians. People are realizing too late that their own government is keeping them hemmed in like any communist dictatorship.

I’m only in Canada for my kids and work at this point.  I don’t like it here now.  I need to be in a free society. Listening to posters on here rationalize government oppression and ridicule the opposition just confirms why I’m losing faith in the Canadian nation-state.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Well I am free so...sucks to be you though by the sounds of it.

you live under the same totalitarian government

you're just delusional and engaging in wishful thinking

the same tools they use to target your political enemies will be used on you someday as well

bet that

this is a big reason why supporting that nonsense just because it targets people you don't like is a bad idea

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you live under the same totalitarian government

No, we both live under the same democratically elected government.

you're just delusional and engaging in wishful thinking

Delusional about what?  Shouldn't I be feeling something, shouldn't this be painful?  Are they doing something special to you that I'm somehow exempt from? Are you being subjected to physical abuse?

What I really wish for is an explanation to wtf happened to make you such a helpless victim.

11 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the same tools they use to target your political enemies will be used on you someday as well

What tools?

this is a big reason why supporting that nonsense just because it targets people you don't like is a bad idea

What nonsense? You mean Gulags? I was only kidding.

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Hitler was democratically elected

doesn't mean he wasn't a totalitarian

totalitarianism being popular is still totalitarian

Oh well, enjoy your subjugation. Sounds to me like you wouldn't know what to do without it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

why would I enjoy subjugation?

It's all you ever seem to talk about.

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

don't project your enjoyment of it on me

You don't worry about that a bit. I'll be steering as clear of you as possible.

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

No, we both live under the same democratically elected government.

Delusional about what?  Shouldn't I be feeling something, shouldn't this be painful?  Are they doing something special to you that I'm somehow exempt from? Are you being subjected to physical abuse?

What I really wish for is an explanation to wtf happened to make you such a helpless victim.

You’re just wilfully ignorant, but I understand how this happens.  We’ve seen this kind of mass hypnosis before in 1930’s Germany, the Soviet Union, China, etc.  Right now you’re cheering on the dictates.  You think that oppressive policies are keeping you safe.  You’ll persist in that belief until one day a very dark realization sweeps over you. Maybe you’ll know of a neighbour who didn’t want another vaccine and lost a job or you’ll be stressed out at the border, scrambling to get a test result to get back into your own country.  Maybe you’ll find yourself agreeing with a protest that the government deems unacceptable and illegal.

The problem is that, like millions of other blind followers, you will have already allowed such policies to become normalized.  You’ll feel powerless and the only way to tolerate your situation will be to increase your level of denial.  The stink of the oppression won’t go away, however, and each day you’ll wonder what new oppression will be levelled against citizens.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Is Canada now a totalitarian state?

Its getting there. I have to wonder if the elected officials and judges can read? The Rona gave liberals a perfect opportunity to clamp down on individual freedom. But they have crossed the line of public safety and ventured out to the realm of Soviet style governance.

Canadians will regret this. But by the time the public realizes it, it'll be too late.

Irrational fear. I refuse to live in such a state of perpetual panic. Will the courts do their duty for Canadians?  Or will they cave to the globalist agenda? That decision is with the supreme court's now. I pray they uphold freedom. 

Edited by Nationalist

14 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Is Canada now a totalitarian state?

Its getting there. I have to wonder if the elected officials and judges can read? The Rona gave liberals a perfect opportunity to clamp down on individual freedom. But they have crossed the line of public safety and ventured out to the realm of Soviet style governance.

Canadians will regret this. But by the time the public realizes it, it'll be too late.

Irrational fear. I refuse to live in such a state of perpetual panic. Will the courts do their duty for Canadians?  Or will they cave to the globalist agenda? That decision is with the supreme court's now. I pray they uphold freedom. 

I hope so too.  I wonder if Trudeau has enough humility to see how he has overstepped.  With each day that he maintains vaccine mandates, after stamping out protests and unnecessarily applying the Emergencies Act, I can’t see this man as anything other than undemocratic and totalitarian.  All the big voices of our time see it: Bill Maher, Jordan Peterson, Russel Brand, Bari Weiss, Kim Iversen, Elon Musk, to name just a few.

We know the language Trudeau used to vilify the opposition: unacceptable views, racists, misogynists, fringe group, and “should we make a space for these people?”.

While Ukraine has shifted the world’s attention, and no doubt the invasion of Ukraine is a crisis demanding immediate resolution, the actions of our federal government and the policies it continues to support must be called out and addressed.  We have unjust federal policies in Canada now.  Trudeau is too compromised to be taken seriously on the world stage and as the leader of a nation state.

I hope these policies and approaches end before the next election.  I hope the electorate see what must be done and change the government.  I’m not sure that will happen.  Canada may be the first modern western democracy of the 21st century to become authoritarian.

Many Americans and Canadians do see what’s happening, but the Canadian opposition is constantly vilified by state-funded media and government.  The Republicans in the US are dealing with their own internal threats to democracy. Much of the shift to government overreach happened on the excuse of a public health emergency, but the measures brought in to fight that waning threat still remain at the federal level, more so in Canada.  Big tech is essentially reinforcing government narratives, making it harder for people to obtain accurate information.  

• Like 1

IMO...

Brown went after Poilievre over the niqab ban at citizenship ceremonies. As far as I'm concerned, NOBODY should be allowed to wear face coverings that hide their identity, when swearing allegiance to Canada.! That also goes for pictures being taken for official documents like a driver's license or a passport.

But Canadians are prisoners of their own media...and the media is willing to virtue-signal 24/7. So I say fuck the Canadian media. Its a bad joke. A cesspool of destructive little tweenkies who hate Canada and want this once great nation to be culture-less.

If that means I must vote for the PPC...so be it. I am at the end of my rope with these tweekies and their anti-Canadian bullshit!

I AM CANADIAN and proud of it. But if Canada insists on this soggy crap, I will leave.

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I hope so too.  I wonder if Trudeau has enough humility to see how he has overstepped.

Honestly I doubt it.  He'll certainly never admit it.  

With each day that he maintains vaccine mandates, after stamping out protests and unnecessarily applying the Emergencies Act, I can’t see this man as anything other than undemocratic and totalitarian.  All the big voices of our time see it: Bill Maher, Jordan Peterson, Russel Brand, Bari Weiss, Kim Iversen, Elon Musk, to name just a few.

These are what you figure the big voices of our time?  Come on.  

I hope these policies and approaches end before the next election.  I hope the electorate see what must be done and change the government.  I’m not sure that will happen.  Canada may be the first modern western democracy of the 21st century to become authoritarian.

Trudeau fucked up and his credibility is shot, but saying Canada is on its way to becoming "authoritarian" is silly.  The Emergencies Act was a huge mistake and everyone should rightly reject Trudeau for that, but it does not signal the end of Canadian democracy.  Beating Trudeau in the next election should be easy based on that alone...unless you embrace Trumpism which is what Pierre Poilievre is doing.  The 46% of CPC supporters that think Trump should be the next US President is what's going to scare the rest of the electorate away, and those are the folks who Poilievre is courting, instead of the 54% who rightly see Orange Man as a walking catastrophe.  

The Republicans in the US are dealing with their own internal threats to democracy.

Primary among them being Donald Trump and his supporters.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the parties you support are the identity politics parties

You obviously don't even know what the term means.  

10 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the NDP is the ultimate identity politics party and you voted for them

I've never voted for the NDP in any election ever, so...good one.  Unsurprising that you have nothing intelligent to offer the discussion.  

19 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Honestly I doubt it.  He'll certainly never admit it.  

These are what you figure the big voices of our time?  Come on.  

Trudeau fucked up and his credibility is shot, but saying Canada is on its way to becoming "authoritarian" is silly.  The Emergencies Act was a huge mistake and everyone should rightly reject Trudeau for that, but it does not signal the end of Canadian democracy.  Beating Trudeau in the next election should be easy based on that alone...unless you embrace Trumpism which is what Pierre Poilievre is doing.  The 46% of CPC supporters that think Trump should be the next US President is what's going to scare the rest of the electorate away, and those are the folks who Poilievre is courting, instead of the 54% who rightly see Orange Man as a walking catastrophe.  

Primary among them being Donald Trump and his supporters.  

What you don’t seem to appreciate is that most Americans are freaking out about the state of the country and the world right now.  They’re watching the cost of living skyrocket under an anti-oil and gas regime that, like our government, obsesses over Identity politics and use of preferred pronouns while Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and China make carefully plotted moves to further their perceived interests.  It will be a GOP landslide in November.  Whether or not it’s Trump heading the GOP by the time presidential elections roll around, the next president will likely be Republican.  I wasn’t a Trump fan but we didn’t have hyperinflation, wars, or race baiting under Trump.  I’d far rather live in that world.  At least they have an alternative in the US.  If Canadians fear Polievre, who hasn’t said anything remotely racist or politically dangerous, then we know where we’ll probably land come election time.  However, Canada in that case will be seen as another Cuba, an outlier leftist dictatorship.

Your opinions that you think are conservative are Liberal as far as I can tell.  I also think your opinions are the norm in Canada, so I’m not sure we’ll restore a centrist government and healthy opposition.  It will be more apology parades, pay-outs to designated victim groups, implementation of universal basic income, vax passes, reduction of freedoms, exorbitant fuel prices induced by continued green crusades. etc.  People will continue to have their liberty and finances squeezed to solve the “global climate crisis” and “public health crisis.”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I talk about not enjoying it

you are the one who thinks it's great

and feels the need to brag about how great it is or make excuses for it

anytime someone points out how lame it is

You really imagine that I or your fellow Canadians would truly enjoy seeing you being subjugated and tortured?

What happened to you to make you like this - how did the government maltreat you so badly that it's completely poisoned your attitude against authority and well over half of society?

5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re just wilfully ignorant, but I understand how this happens.  We’ve seen this kind of mass hypnosis before in 1930’s Germany, the Soviet Union, China, etc.  Right now you’re cheering on the dictates.  You think that oppressive policies are keeping you safe.  You’ll persist in that belief until one day a very dark realization sweeps over you. Maybe you’ll know of a neighbour who didn’t want another vaccine and lost a job or you’ll be stressed out at the border, scrambling to get a test result to get back into your own country.  Maybe you’ll find yourself agreeing with a protest that the government deems unacceptable and illegal.

The problem is that, like millions of other blind followers, you will have already allowed such policies to become normalized.  You’ll feel powerless and the only way to tolerate your situation will be to increase your level of denial.  The stink of the oppression won’t go away, however, and each day you’ll wonder what new oppression will be levelled against citizens.  

Listen, you're talking to a guy who basically had his livelihood taken away by the federal government.  I was a commercial fisherman that was starved out of business by government decisions that were arbitrary and completely unfair and designed to cause me the sort of pain that would force me to sell out. The process took years and I still feel the economic hangover of it to this day.

I had a gun, I even considered going postal but I shook it off threw my rifle into the chuck and thought about things some more, took a big breath and then....I guess I must have decided I enjoyed being subjugated and couldn't wait to elect a government that would treat people the same way and even worse....this must be what happened to me according to this magic insight you seem to have into my mind.

BTW the process of my dispossession took long enough that both Liberal and Progressive Conservative took a turn at it.  It didn't make a difference who was is power. 

24 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You really imagine that I or your fellow Canadians would truly enjoy seeing you being subjugated and tortured?

What happened to you to make you like this - how did the government maltreat you so badly that it's completely poisoned your attitude against authority and well over half of society?

Canadians hate freedom

because America likes freedom

and they are reactionary against America

America Derangement Syndrome is a helluva drug

11 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Listen, you're talking to a guy who basically had his livelihood taken away by the federal government.  I was a commercial fisherman that was starved out of business by government decisions that were arbitrary and completely unfair and designed to cause me the sort of pain that would force me to sell out. The process took years and I still feel the economic hangover of it to this day.

I had a gun, I even considered going postal but I shook it off threw my rifle into the chuck and thought about things some more, took a big breath and then....I guess I must have decided I enjoyed being subjugated and couldn't wait to elect a government that would treat people the same way and even worse....this must be what happened to me according to this magic insight you seem to have into my mind.

BTW the process of my dispossession took long enough that both Liberal and Progressive Conservative took a turn at it.  It didn't make a difference who was is power. 

it is what happened to you

you now support governments that do what they did to you

to others

and now you openly applaud them for doing it

you just have so little self awareness

that you somehow can't see it

Edited by Yzermandius19

25 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

it is what happened to you

you now support governments that do what they did to you

to others

and now you openly applaud it

No I don't, like you I've come to realize there's something wrong with Canadians, they're hesitant to know what's going on behind closed doors.  Take your own adamance against my suggestion we outlaw in-camera lobbying for example.  You want nothing to do with it.

You haven't got a clue what's going on and apparently you don't want one.

Now I involve myself in local governance so as to keep an ear as close to the ground as possible to see and hear what's coming down the pipe so I can prepare for it. 

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

It rarely does, imx.  

That's why I say the real adversarial polarity in society is between the top and the bottom, unfortunately conservatives have been rallying around the top since the French Revolution when they decided they were right-wingers too.