Conservative Leadership September 10th

On 7/12/2022 at 1:34 PM, Jack9000 said:

Lol they called scientists terrorists pro oil gas which is right wing also Harper didn't give a damn about environment or Atlantic Canada also. As bad as Harper was he would still be better then Pierre who has gone off the deep end . Wouldn't be surprised if what happened to Boris Johnson happens to Pierre down the road if he becomes pm. Party will get sick of him and force the boot.

And For the last time Canada government is not commie Jesus dude incredible how people like this can even vote lol.

Canadians don't care about the environment, sure they say they do, but what have we done for the climate so far.... let me guess tax fossil fuels then give back those taxes at the end of the year... How's it working out...you using less fuel on that fishing boat you work on...I doubt it, And why should anyone care about the Atlantic provinces who are content sucking on Canada's teats...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are talking out of your rear here my man.  Canadians care about the environment.  Maybe you don't.  Maybe people in Alberta and Saskatchewan don't.  Most of the rest of the country does.  

Liberal policy over Canadian pipelines (both here but then even more in the USA) has been asinine, ineffective and counter-productive, but that doesn't mean nobody cares about the environment.  

• Thanks 2

On 6/25/2022 at 3:46 PM, Zeitgeist said:

On all other issues he’ll have the social conservatives on board.

What other issues do social conservatives care about?

Traditional marriage?  Christianity in schools?  Creationism?  Which of the important social conservative issues will PP have them on his side?

Edited by TreeBeard

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Who do you support for PM and why?  Can’t wait to hear this… 

I tend to vote based on my local candidate, not based on party affiliation or whom I might want as PM.

In the past few elections, I have supported my local Green candidate, except last election, I couldn’t vote Green due to their internal, self-induced implosion of impressive magnitude. 

I’m not sure if I have ever voted for a winning candidate….  

What do you think is the answer to my question about PP and crypto?  Do you think he was smart to promote crypto?

Edited by TreeBeard

5 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

I tend to vote based on my local candidate, not based on party affiliation or whom I might want as PM.

In the past few elections, I have supported my local Green candidate, except last election, I couldn’t vote Green due to their internal, self-induced implosion of impressive magnitude. 

What do you think is the answer to my question about PP and crypto?  Do you think he was smart to promote crypto?

He wasn’t promoting crypto.  He was promoting making Canada a centre for crypto and blockchain trade/development, because it’s a massive market, especially if central bank currencies become unstable.

13 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

While a noble quest, in the Canadian parliamentary system, a vote for a nondescript party or candidate helps neither Canada nor your local riding.

A lone MP has little, if any, chance of doing and getting anything done. They basically get a 4 year vacation (expenses paid and 22 flights home a year) in Ottawa at your expense.

As far as PP, I am not sure what he is promoting lately. He does a lot of talking and not sure what the real position is.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Your vote, and your vote to waste . . . . 

Green Party of Canada  . . .  Thirty-nine year history, two seats in the House of Commons.

Edited by Nefarious Banana

10 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

He wasn’t promoting crypto.  He was promoting making Canada a centre for crypto and blockchain trade/development, because it’s a massive market, especially if central bank currencies become unstable.

He was making the noises the apes wanted to hear.  He doesn't actually believe what he says about crypto.  He knows it's not going to supplant sovereign fiat in any major economy for a long, long time (if ever).  He just knows that if you grumble about the central banks you score points on 4chan and reddit (bonus points for mentions of Klaus Schwab).  

The funniest part about the crypto bros is that while they bemoan the evils of the central banks, they hinge on every word out of Jerome Powell's mouth and sit at their computers for hours in advance of every rate announcement, or watch streams of monetary policy meetings/updates. 

No, PP is too smart to actually believe this stuff.  Like any intelligent crypto investor, he understands zero-sum ponzinomics and just likes making money off of idiots who don't know any better.  

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

While a noble quest, in the Canadian parliamentary system, a vote for a nondescript party or candidate helps neither Canada nor your local riding.

A lone MP has little, if any, chance of doing and getting anything done. They basically get a 4 year vacation (expenses paid and 22 flights home a year) in Ottawa at your expense.

As far as PP, I am not sure what he is promoting lately. He does a lot of talking and not sure what the real position is.

I’m not on a quest.  I’ve never promoted that it should be anyone else’s preferred method.  If no one else wants to do it that way, then go vote for the party with the leader with the nicest hair….  Or the one who promotes Ponzi schemes and conspiracies.  Whatever floats your boat. 

2 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Your vote, and your vote to waste . . . . 

Green Party of Canada  . . .  Thirty-nine year history, two seats in the House of Commons.

They’re fake anyway.   The Mulroney Conservatives probably did more for the environment with the Great Lakes Accord than any of the other parties.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

I’m not on a quest.  I’ve never promoted that it should be anyone else’s preferred method.  If no one else wants to do it that way, then go vote for the party with the leader with the nicest hair….  Or the one who promotes Ponzi schemes and conspiracies.  Whatever floats your boat. 

OK, not a quest, then a gesture, then a principal, then a posture.

Point was and is that you vote local and that local candidate is not on the winning team, then your riding gets zero.

If you vote to get things done or things for your riding, then you need to vote strategically.

Edited by ExFlyer

6 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

OK, not a quest, then a gesture, then a principal, then a posture.

Point was and is that you vote local and that local candidate is not on the winning team, then your riding gets zero.

If you vote to get things done or things for your riding, then you need to vote strategically.

I see a flaw in this thinking….  According to your hypothesis, a vote is wasted unless the vote is for the winning candidate.  

I don’t think any votes are wasted, as you exercised your democratic duty as a citizen. You didn’t win, but neither did most of the other people in the entire country.  

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

He was making the noises the apes wanted to hear.  He doesn't actually believe what he says about crypto.  He knows it's not going to supplant sovereign fiat in any major economy for a long, long time (if ever).  He just knows that if you grumble about the central banks you score points on 4chan and reddit (bonus points for mentions of Klaus Schwab).  

The funniest part about the crypto bros is that while they bemoan the evils of the central banks, they hinge on every word out of Jerome Powell's mouth and sit at their computers for hours in advance of every rate announcement, or watch streams of monetary policy meetings/updates. 

No, PP is too smart to actually believe this stuff.  Like any intelligent crypto investor, he understands zero-sum ponzinomics and just likes making money off of idiots who don't know any better.  

Well I’m for free markets and free flow of capital.  The current government of Canada is intent on politicizing monetary policy and using the police and regulatory bodies to get to people’s finances.  I don’t care if that makes me a conspiracy theory freak.  I’m still disgusted by our government’s unconstitutional overreach and I support any politician who will reduce the power and overreach of this creepy federal government.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

I see a flaw in this thinking….  According to your hypothesis, a vote is wasted unless the vote is for the winning candidate.  

I don’t think any votes are wasted, as you exercised your democratic duty as a citizen. You didn’t win, but neither did most of the other people in the entire country.  

No, I said " you vote local and that local candidate is not on the winning team, then your riding gets zero. " and that is a fact.

If you voted conservative and your riding is conservative, and the party that wins is Liberal, your chance of getting any government help for anything, is practically zero, provincially or federally.

My riding always seems to be on the losing party coattails and it stagnates. You see it in the legislature, opposition gets no airtime , respect or benefits.

39 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Well, the liberal voters won, they supported a platform they believed in and now it is being somewhat implemented. You voted for a candidate that accomplished nothing for him, you, or your community. But sure it is your vote, your time, vote for who ever you want.

kind of like taking your hand out of a pail of water, you have not made a difference in your world, but hey is all good. You got to exercise a basic right.  

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

Well, the liberal voters won, they supported a platform they believed in and now it is being somewhat implemented. You voted for a candidate that accomplished nothing for him, you, or your community. But sure it is your vote, your time, vote for who ever you want.

kind of like taking your hand out of a pail of water, you have not made a difference in your world, but hey is all good. You got to exercise a basic right.  

So when you voted for Conservatives who lost, it was wasted?

32 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

You think that currently only Liberal ridings receive federal government investment?

If I show that this isn’t the case, will you change your view?

They will receive the great part of it, yes.

Token funds are spread about but generally, liberal ridings get the most.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/infrastructure-funds-benefit-federal-liberal-ridingsmost/article37936209/

14 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Pretty well.

Now, if you voted NDP, who also lost but struck a deal with the ______ (insert your noun) , you made out better :)

So, unless I hear my vote to the polls, assuming the polling is valid, I am wasting my vote?  

This is just a bizarre interpretation of the democratic process in Canada.  There are winners and there are losers.  The fact that your “side” lost doesn’t make it a waste.  That’s nihilism. 

16 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Right, so you were incorrect.  Thank you for correcting yourself.  

No, I am just saying that the majority of funding goes to the winning party ridings. Some always dribbles down to the unfaithful, but not much.

Mind you, with upcoming elections, there will be a lot of promises made but, if the riding votes the wrong way, the promises disappear.

I am surprised you are surprised at this. :)

• Like 1