Conservative Leadership September 10th

3 hours ago, Moonbox said:

O'Toole lost because he couldn't pick a lane and nobody understood what he stood for.  He wouldn't disavow the fundamentalist base of the CPC and their social agenda (which is a non-starter for the overwhelming majority of Canadians), but then he also sort of teased support for them but wouldn't actually commit. 

Both groups therefore didn't trust him.  The average Canadian feared his nebulously defined social agenda, and then his far-right supporters didn't trust him because he played coy with them.  

jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

Right about now, I think I need to ask you, 'Are you a Liberal?'

Because you sure sound like one. Pierre Poilievre is the best chance the Conservative Party has right now. This is rather evident. And he's a strong candidate. Yet you wanna sour the milk. Why I wonder?

I like your little clip here. It appears to be what I imagine you're like.

A condescending female with no real substance.

5 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What does that have to do with nuclear power?

What does that have to do with using up the resorces future generations will need to survive (coal and oil)?

I love downtown Calgary. 

So far, I support Jean Charest for leader.

You asked how this is destroying people economically. You can go look at the vacancy rate in downtown Calgary (30%) as an answer to your question. 

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Because you sure sound like one. Pierre Poilievre is the best chance the Conservative Party has right now. This is rather evident. And he's a strong candidate. Yet you wanna sour the milk. Why I wonder?

The most sucessful Progressive Conservative leaders have all been Red Tories.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, West said:

If someone advocates for more taxes and a vaccine passport or a $1000 a month testing option (that a former fake conservative rona ambrose is benefitting off of at least in the airports) because you refuse a vaccine, yes I seriously question whether or not that person is a conservative. 

Now if thats your position that's fine but don't brand yourself a conservative because you aren't. Of course if rempel ran as a Liberal in Alberta she'd lose.

you changing your stance now at first you mentioned  pro homosexual as  a quality that makes you a fake conservative now you ignoring that and just complaining about covid nonsense lol.

1 minute ago, Jack9000 said:

you changing your stance now at first you mentioned  pro homosexual as  a quality that makes you a fake conservative now you ignoring that and just complaining about covid nonsense lol.

Changing my stance? 

It was all part of the same post ?. You are choosing to focus on the gay stuff (which I've also explained in a separate post). 

Edited by West
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I literally couldn't care less what you think I sound like.  If Pierre Poilievre wins the Conservative Party Leadership, the Conservative Party is dead.  What YOU have decided is a "conservative" is what the overwhelming majority of Canadians consider toxic Trumpism, and it will faceplant in an election.  Like I said, don't take my word for it.   

As far as whether I'm a Liberal, I'd have said no for pretty much my entire life.  I've literally never voted anything but Conservative in Ontario elections and only voted Liberal twice Federally (once for Paul Martin).  I was a huge Harper supporter up until near the end and I can't stand Trudeau and think he's probably the worst Prime Minister of my life time.  If support for Pierre Poil and the freeeedom convoy is the pre-requisite for being a "Conservative" now, then I guess I'm not.  Good luck with that in an election as demographics continue to ship away from Bible-thumping and social conservatism.  

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Tell us more about how you feel and what you imagine about other posters.  

magawojak.jpg

Edited by Moonbox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, West said:

It's not a right v left divide. 

It's urban v rural

Nationalists v globalist 

Do you want your elected officials being responsible to you or the UN/Klaus Schwab?

Globalist can't win on policy alone therefore have to call names.

Angry brainlets can't win on ideas or arguments and therefore have to rant and rave about absurd conspiracy theories and Klaus Schwab, the mustache-twirling Emperor of Globalism...or whatever it is you figure.  

Just now, West said:

Changing my stance? 

It was all part of the same post ?. You are choosing to focus on the gay stuff.

One shouldn’t be pro or against homosexuality.  It’s absurd.  If you’re homosexual then you’re homosexual.  If you’re heterosexual you’re heterosexual. Government shouldn’t advocate sexually.  If our Constitution is respected then discrimination is prevented.  This is another reason our government is lost.

4 minutes ago, West said:

You asked how this is destroying people economically. You can go look at the vacancy rate in downtown Calgary (30%) as an answer to your question. 

No, I asked how will transitioning to nuclear power destroy people economically. Selling off our coal and oil will destroy future generations of Canadians totally because they will have no means of generating electricity or operating any form of machinery. No machine will turn without petroleum based lubrication and you cannot make steel without coal. When we have burned all the coal and oil, we will revert to the level of economy they had in Europe in the 7th century.

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I literally couldn't care less what you think I sound like.  If Pierre Poilievre wins the Conservative Party Leadership, the Conservative Party is dead.  What YOU have decided is a "conservative" is what the overwhelming majority of Canadians consider toxic Trumpism, and it will faceplant in an election.  Like I said, don't take my word for it.   

magawojak.jpg

I know you are one of the  good conservatives on here but  just curious if Pierre does win  even with your dislike of him will you vote conservative come election time or another party?

Just now, Moonbox said:

Angry brainlets can't win on ideas or arguments and therefore have to rant and rave about absurd conspiracy theories and Klaus Schwab, the mustache-twirling Emperor of Globalism...or whatever it is you figure.  

Don’t worry, many Canadians think like you, which is why our country is f’d up and Trudeau will continue to dictate your beliefs and behaviour.  You love it.

3 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

No, I asked how will transitioning to nuclear power destroy people economically. Selling off our coal and oil will destroy future generations of Canadians totally because they will have no means of generating electricity or operating any form of machinery. No machine will turn without petroleum based lubrication and you cannot make steel without coal. When we have burned all the coal and oil, we will revert to the level of economy they had in Europe in the 7th century.

And it's evident in the 30% vacancy rate in downtown Calgary where the environmentalists in Ontario are holding Alberta economy hostage out of their perceived virtue.

The question should be how is it virtuous to make one part of the province poor by going to war against their economy?

Edited by West

5 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

?.. Schwab admits he's penetrated Trudeaus cabinet and you don't seem to care. 

Edited by West

6 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

There isn't enough uranium on earth to power everything with nuclear. 4% of the worlds energy is nuclear and global reserves are estimated at 130 years, meaning we'd run out in like 5 years going all nuclear. 

21 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Don’t worry, many Canadians think like you, which is why our country is f’d up and Trudeau will continue to dictate your beliefs and behaviour.  You love it.

That's the thing.  I don't.  I don't like Trudeau.  I never liked Trudeau.  I dreaded Trudeau becoming Prime Minister back when he first became an MP (can probably find some posts here about that).  

Here's an example lol:

The Liberal Party's path to being re-elected is for the most inflammatory parts of the Conservative base to dictate the direction of the party.  They may as well just all join with Maxime Bernier if that's what they're looking for.  Pierre Poilievre as leader would be the insane repetition of the same mistakes the Party has been making forever.    

Edited by Moonbox

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

One shouldn’t be pro or against homosexuality.  It’s absurd.  If you’re homosexual then you’re homosexual.  If you’re heterosexual you’re heterosexual. Government shouldn’t advocate sexually.  If our Constitution is respected then discrimination is prevented.  This is another reason our government is lost.

Government shouldn't be involved in marriage period. Thats in the realm of religious organizations. Therefore the gay marriage debate and leftist obsession with the LGBTQ is mute

The conservatives have a lot of good leaders to choose from now.

Personally I think that Brad Wall is one of the finest politicians we've ever had here, but I think he's a tough sell in Quebec and Ontario, and obviously any conservative leader will get a rough ride from the mainstream media, so I don't think he has a shot federally.

Dr Lewis is a good candidate, and she is obviously superturd's kryptonite because his virtue signalling would fall flat, and if he's left to run on substance alone he's dead in the water. I'm not convinced that she's our very best option, but I think that the election of Dr Lewis would be like a knife in the heart of a lot of the divisive political activists in NA. 

Pierre is Canada's best hope. He's a solid enough conservative to poach votes from the PPC and he's sensible enough to take centrist votes, plus he has that Quebecois name that will get him some extra seats in Quebec. He regularly destroys the village idiot in the HoC, Trudeau will be like a deer in the headlights at the debate table. 

20 minutes ago, Nexii said:

There isn't enough uranium on earth to power everything with nuclear. 4% of the worlds energy is nuclear and global reserves are estimated at 130 years, meaning we'd run out in like 5 years going all nuclear. 

So your solution to avoiding the greenhouse effect is rationing? Uranium is a bridge to thorium and, hopefully fusion. Your posts, if I understand you correctly, prioritized money over lives. We need to make small sacrifices now to save future generations.

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The conservatives have a lot of good leaders to choose from now.

Personally I think that Brad Wall is one of the finest politicians we've ever had here, but I think he's a tough sell in Quebec and Ontario, and obviously any conservative leader will get a rough ride from the mainstream media, so I don't think he has a shot federally.

Dr Lewis is a good candidate, and she is obviously superturd's kryptonite because his virtue signalling would fall flat, and if he's left to run on substance alone he's dead in the water. I'm not convinced that she's our very best option, but I think that the election of Dr Lewis would be like a knife in the heart of a lot of the divisive political activists in NA. 

Pierre is Canada's best hope. He's a solid enough conservative to poach votes from the PPC and he's sensible enough to take centrist votes, plus he has that Quebecois name that will get him some extra seats in Quebec. He regularly destroys the village idiot in the HoC, Trudeau will be like a deer in the headlights at the debate table. 

Wall, Lewis and Pierre are not a reflection of the bulk of the electorate, and all three are weak on science.

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I think its time for a true blue one.

Yep. 

Canadians have had enough virtue signalling now to last a lifetime. 

It's time for a serious politician who will address the country's actual needs instead of tilting at windmills. Gay marriage has been legal here for almost 20 years now, and despite all the hooplah, I don't think that the current Liberal gov't has achieved much for leftist activists aside from lowering the age for sodomy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

As far as whether I'm a Liberal, I'd have said no for pretty much my entire life.  I've literally never voted anything but Conservative in Ontario elections and only voted Liberal twice Federally (once for Paul Martin).  I was a huge Harper supporter up until near the end and I can't stand Trudeau and think he's probably the worst Prime Minister of my life time.  If support for Pierre Poil and the freeeedom convoy is the pre-requisite for being a "Conservative" now, then I guess I'm not.  Good luck with that in an election as demographics continue to ship away from Bible-thumping and social conservatism.  

magawojak.jpg

You're cute. I read your posts and think...what an eclectic little Libbie.

"Don't elect someone strong. Weaklings are better. Give in to Libbie whims of a euphoric public oneness. Be part of "us" who all think the same, sound the same and yes...we all do paint our hair either red or green. It's wonderful. You'll see. Just don't...DON'T even THINK of being or even thinking outside our public orgy!"

Thanks Dear. But I have a feeling your type of "conservative" is exactly why Canadian conservatism tastes like warm milk. Looks like a lost pup.

And do try to get over your TDS...its embarrassing.

• Thanks 1