CTV & Global News are Pure Filth, CBC Needs to be Defunded

7 hours ago, Faramir said:

The media should live and die by their ideas like everyone else, and not be on the taxpayer teats.  

I agree that they should live and die by their ideas, but funding can help give some air to better ideas.  Keep in mind that publications will lose money in order to fund propaganda.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

You've got some kind of weird inverted projection thing going.  You just described your thread titles (click-bait) to a tee.  You appear to stumble across an article that triggers a shit-storm of brainfarts that usually have little if anything to do with the article.  If you come up with the thread title last that might explain why the whole exercise is so bass-ackwards.

Oh look, here's eyeball talking about his feelings again.

Don't care. 

19 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I agree that they should live and die by their ideas, but funding can help give some air to better ideas.  Keep in mind that publications will lose money in order to fund propaganda.

Like the New York times.  It is insulated from the market place in that the controlling shares on in control of a few elite Class A shareholders.  

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 7:43 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Are you honestly saying that the billions of dollars of taxpayer money that Trudeau gave to members of the media "helped give some air to better ideas"?

What publications lost money in their massive campaign to churn out propaganda? 

If you google "Csaba Vizi CTV", or replace that with Global or CBC nothing comes up. I didn't find any reference to the beating of Csaba Vizi by CTV,  CBC, or Goebbels News. 

When I googled "protester beaten by police in Ottawa CTV News" this was the top item:

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/downtown-assault-suspects-may-have-participated-in-freedom-convoy-protest-police-say-1.5794925

Yup, there was an assault.... but it wasn't caught on camera, and it was 12 blocks away from the HoC. But hey, let's blame the freedom convoy, because we can, and just leave it at that. According to CTV this was the only convoy-related assault worth mentioning... LMFAO. 

When I googled "protester beaten by police in Ottawa CBC News" this was the top item:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-convoy-protest-fourth-weekend-1.6358094

There's no mention of any protesters getting beaten up, but there's this:

Residents of Ottawa have reported being harassed by protesters who have camped out on downtown streets, leading Ottawa police to set up a special phone number to report hate crimes.

Weird that no one has any video of protesters harassing anyone but it's a central them for CTV, CBC and Goebbels. 

When I googled "protester beaten by police in ottawa Global News" this was the top item:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8632832/ottawa-police-freedom-convoy-blockade/

"Ottawa police use anti-riot weapons on convoy protesters, arrest 170 total"

Videos have circulated on social media of officers using force against protesters when making arrests. When asked about that footage, Bell said police will need to “escalate in our tactics.”

“That is what you are seeing us engaged in to ultimately remove people who are refusing to leave,” he said.

He said that there are “mechanisms” to review arrests and that will be done to make sure the “lawful amount of force” was used.

Sooo lawful. Such an excellent display of "non-martial-law policing" lol. Thank you Goebbels for your in depth analysis of this unimportant topic, and your total exoneration of the police and the federal government.

And of course Goebbels doesn't have any video of anything remotely questionable......

Honestly, they are done like dinner now. Nothing that Goebbels ever says for the rest of eternity will ever be taken seriously.  

When questioned about allegations that protesters may have been stepped on by horses on Friday, Bell said that “misinformation” is spreading concerning the incident and that some pictures have been “photoshopped.”

Police say there were no serious injuries to demonstrators as a result of sending in the mounted unit Friday to “lower the temperature” of protesters, according to Bell.

Bell said that two protesters collided with the horses “fell down” and “immediately got back up.”

Yup, just some photoshop and some fake videos again. Uh huh. Anything that doesn't support their false narrative is fake and can't be discussed. And they wonder why they get spit on lol.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

If you google "Csaba Vizi CTV", or replace that with Global or CBC nothing comes up. I didn't find any reference to the beating of Csaba Vizi by CTV,  CBC, or Goebbels News. 

When I googled "protester beaten by police in Ottawa CTV News" this was the top item:

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/downtown-assault-suspects-may-have-participated-in-freedom-convoy-protest-police-say-1.5794925

Yup, there was an assault.... but it wasn't caught on camera, and it was 12 blocks away from the HoC. But hey, let's blame the freedom convoy, because we can, and just leave it at that. According to CTV this was the only convoy-related assault worth mentioning... LMFAO. 

When I googled "protester beaten by police in Ottawa CBC News" this was the top item:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-convoy-protest-fourth-weekend-1.6358094

There's no mention of any protesters getting beaten up, but there's this:

Weird that no one has any video of protesters harassing anyone but it's a central them for CTV, CBC and Goebbels. 

When I googled "protester beaten by police in ottawa Global News" this was the top item:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8632832/ottawa-police-freedom-convoy-blockade/

"Ottawa police use anti-riot weapons on convoy protesters, arrest 170 total"

Sooo lawful. Such an excellent display of "non-martial-law policing" lol. Thank you Goebbels for your in depth analysis of this unimportant topic, and your total exoneration of the police and the federal government.

And of course Goebbels doesn't have any video of anything remotely questionable......

Honestly, they are done like dinner now. Nothing that Goebbels ever says for the rest of eternity will ever be taken seriously.  

Yup, just some photoshop and some fake videos again. Uh huh. Anything that doesn't support their false narrative is fake and can't be discussed. And they wonder why they get spit on lol.

Well the government-backed police are actively whitewashing brutality and using the threat of bank account seizure and criminal charges to silence people who question the police’s narrative.  This is how a country descends into totalitarianism.  Here is the Indigenous disabled lady who was trampled:

image.jpeg.31b9c25066c3594113af892d132fbbd1.jpeg

Edited by Zeitgeist

15 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well the government-backed police are actively whitewashing brutality and using the threat of bank account seizure and criminal charges to silence people who question the police’s narrative.  This is how a country descends into totalitarianism.  Here is the Indigenous disabled lady who was trampled:

image.jpeg.31b9c25066c3594113af892d132fbbd1.jpeg

Funny how the gov't and their puppet media cared so much about the First Nations People when they had a divisive narrative to run, but when a 1stN lady gets trampled by the police for protesting against Trudeau's fascism she's just considered to be unmentionable scum.

She has a right to live on some of her family's ancestral homelands, which is good, but her arteries and veins are the property of the federal government. 

CBC probably will be defunded when the right wins the next election. It might have made sense in the pre-Internet era to have national media but I think it's come time to sunset it. Watching the protest streamers was a really new experience to me and showed how you don't need big media necessarily to cover events.

I think back to how biased CBC was against the PPC the federal election debates. It struck me as very anti-democratic given that we all pay for the CBC, their role should have been to be neutral. And I should note I wasn't really in love with the PPC at the time.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nexii said:

CBC probably will be defunded when the right wins the next election. It might have made sense in the pre-Internet era to have national media but I think it's come time to sunset it. Watching the protest streamers was a really new experience to me and showed how you don't need big media necessarily to cover events.

I think back to how biased CBC was against the PPC the federal election debates. It struck me as very anti-democratic given that we all pay for the CBC, their role should have been to be neutral. And I should note I wasn't really in love with the PPC at the time.

Political interference in media eliminates free press.

When I read that glowing article in The Globe and Mail about Freeland “Minister of Everything” and how one day she’ll probably be the editor of the newspaper, that’s when I knew our largest news media are compromised beyond redemption.  The article came out after the Liberals imposed the Emergencies Act!  It reads like 1930’s German political propaganda.

I now press thumbs down on just about all such articles that Apple shares.  I only read them so I’m aware of how corrupt these once respected news organizations have become.  The Star is even worse.  All the major print and television media in Canada are heavily reliant on government funding and heavily compromised by political interference.  CBC might as well have its coverage handed to it by the PMO’s communications department.

https://apple.news/A12JL44SEReCDfqhp7Ik82Q

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

If there's a silver lining, I'd say it's that people are slowly tuning out of biased media. CNN's ratings have tanked and Fox News has become the #1 news network in the USA. The same is happening in Canada with CBC's revenue in decline. I see 95% people commenting on National Post articles lean right, and even on CBC about 65% of the comments lean right. Even my parents' generation is not very pro-CBC and they grew up on it. 

The thing is the vast majority of people in Canada are kind of towards the center like myself. If you get too far off the rails, then it becomes impossible to stomach that sort of media even if you're looking for another take.

On 2/26/2022 at 2:52 PM, Nexii said:

If there's a silver lining, I'd say it's that people are slowly tuning out of biased media. CNN's ratings have tanked and Fox News has become the #1 news network in the USA. The same is happening in Canada with CBC's revenue in decline. I see 95% people commenting on National Post articles lean right, and even on CBC about 65% of the comments lean right. Even my parents' generation is not very pro-CBC and they grew up on it. 

The thing is the vast majority of people in Canada are kind of towards the center like myself. If you get too far off the rails, then it becomes impossible to stomach that sort of media even if you're looking for another take.

Bu there's an actual serious effort to cancel Fox, and our Libs are trying to curtail social media all the time. 

It seems like our democracy is always less than a month away from being smothered to death with leftist propaganda. 

On 2/26/2022 at 5:52 PM, Nexii said:

1. If there's a silver lining, I'd say it's that people are slowly tuning out of biased media. CNN's ratings have tanked and Fox News has become the #1 news network in the USA.

2. The same is happening in Canada with CBC's revenue in decline. I see 95% people commenting on National Post articles lean right, and even on CBC about 65% of the comments lean right. Even my parents' generation is not very pro-CBC and they grew up on it. 

3. The thing is the vast majority of people in Canada are kind of towards the center like myself. If you get too far off the rails, then it becomes impossible to stomach that sort of media even if you're looking for another take.

1. Your statement makes no sense.  50 years ago all networks had the implicit neoliberal bias, and now FOX editorializes to the max, and has pushed CNN to do the same. So your statement lacks detail.  The last time we had media divided like this was the 19th century and people eventually got sick of it.

2. People still want the CBC, especially CBC radio.

3. Again, it's meaningless to say 'center'.  I am a centrist but people think I'm a communist Trudeau...

The problem is that almost all Canadian political parties and Canadian mainstream media are radical left.  The competition to prove woke and green purity is rabid. Anyone who points out hypocrisy or government overreach is called racist-misogynist-Nazi fringe.  It’s a clown show that most Canadians no longer see for what it is because they themselves are living under fearful woke inquisitions in the workplace.  Life in Canada is tense because everyone is supposed to be ashamed of themselves.  It’s hard in Canada to feel hopeful and good about oneself.  Americans, especially Republicans, are right to call this out because Canada seems to be renouncing freedom, democracy, national pride, and belief in the strength of individuals.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

39 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Your statement makes no sense.  50 years ago all networks had the implicit neoliberal bias, and now FOX editorializes to the max, and has pushed CNN to do the same. So your statement lacks detail.  The last time we had media divided like this was the 19th century and people eventually got sick of it.

Your statement makes no sense. 

1) FOX editorializes to the max

2) CNN lies almost 100% of the time.

3) We have never had media this dishonest. People finally got sick of it, and now CNN is firing people and exposing their pedophiles like crazy. 

2. People still want the CBC,

Maybe 50%

especially CBC radio.

Less than 1%

3. Again, it's meaningless to say 'center'. 

No, absolutely not.

I am a centrist but people think I'm a communist Trudeau...

You are a Trudeau apologist, 100%. That's not 'centrist' by a longshot.

It's like saying that you're not a Nazi, but you think that people are way too hard on Hitler.

51 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The problem is that almost all Canadian political parties and Canadian mainstream media are radical left.  The competition to prove woke and green purity is rabid. Anyone who points out hypocrisy or government overreach is called racist-misogynist-Nazi fringe.  It’s a clown show that most Canadians no longer see for what it is because they themselves are living under fearful woke inquisitions in the workplace.  Life in Canada is tense because everyone is supposed to be ashamed of themselves.  It’s hard in Canada to feel hopeful and good about oneself.  Americans, especially Republicans, are right to call this out because Canada seems to be renouncing freedom, democracy, national pride, and belief in the strength of individuals.  

Canada...is a left-leaning country. It almost always has been. Our Conservative Party used to resemble the American Democrat Party. We generally accepted it because, there was still common sense involved in our politics. Then came The Woke.

I believe "woke" ideology is an actual creation of the Globalist Oligarchs. To purposefully give volume to fringe ideas and create the general belief that we can improve our world, if we just make every person's pain...ours as well. To shoulder and accommodate every fringe element available. To make skin colour a MAJOR issue and label racial relations as a failure.

To convince the population that the world we've built is insufficient and must be torn down and...and...built back better??? How...better? That doesn't matter, so shut up. Yet...to one who's actually paying attention to details, it becomes obvious that this new world...this better world...will be controlled by a very few people who will own just about everything. And only because...its different...it coddles the "feelings" of the wokeristas...it has made us all doubt our current leadership, so better must be...better...no?

LOL...Its actually the pinnacle of Capitalism. Capitalism gone too far. Unregulated greed. No borders...no tariffs...no choice.

Edited by Nationalist

I know that CNN is OT, but isn't it weird that in the 2-week period before Ghislaine Maxwell was supposed to get her sentencing date confirmed, CNN outed two of their own producers for pedophilia?

That was when everyone was thinking that she was going to name names, and CNN cleaned house during that exact period.

In all of CNN's decades before that court date, and in the 6 weeks after, CNN had zero pedophiles busted afaik. 

I find that a little bit suss, and by a little I mean Milky Way-little (the galaxy, not the chocolate bar). 

Am I wrong ( ? as if that would ever happen) to suspect that CNN wouldn't have gotten rid of their resident pedophiles if they weren't worried that they'd be outed by Ghislaine? 

57 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Canada...is a left-leaning country. It almost always has been. Our Conservative Party used to resemble the American Democrat Party. We generally accepted it because, there was still common sense involved in our politics. Then came The Woke.

I believe "woke" ideology is an actual creation of the Globalist Oligarchs. To purposefully give volume to fringe ideas and create the general belief that we can improve our world, if we just make every person's pain...ours as well. To shoulder and accommodate every fringe element available. To make skin colour a MAJOR issue and label racial relations as a failure.

To convince the population that the world we've built is insufficient and must be torn down and...and...built back better??? How...better? That doesn't matter, so shut up. Yet...to one who's actually paying attention to details, it becomes obvious that this new world...this better world...will be controlled by a very few people who will own just about everything. And only because...its different...it coddles the "feelings" of the wokeristas...it has made us all doubt our current leadership, so better must be...better...no?

LOL...Its actually the pinnacle of Capitalism. Capitalism gone too far. Unregulated greed. No borders...no tariffs...no choice.

Well exactly.  Healthy functioning democracy where individual rights are respected and people are judged not by the colour of their skin but the content of their character has been vilified by the left as retrograde.  What the so-called left offers instead is arbitrary collectivization under the auspices of “equity”.  It means you will get what the woke committee decides you deserve, outside of talent, hard work, or strength of character.  It’s Bolshevism light.  Everyone loses because no one can keep up with the ever changing lexicon and no one sees their unconscious bias. This brave new world has nothing to do with equality.  It’s dictatorship by the elite word masters.

The Republicans seem to point to belief in the strength of all people and the importance of upholding rights for all, yet they are ridiculed for this.  In Canada we don’t really have a mainstream party that affirms the country, its citizens, and their rights.  Half of the Conservatives might as well join the Liberal Party of Canada.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

Two things to add:

1) Gotta fess up... Fox News was lying today:

- They called the attack on Ukraine "unprovoked". It was unprovoked in the exact same way that America's blockade of Cuba was unprovoked.

- They showed a "76 yr old woman" being arrested in Russia, who was protesting against the war, and said that "she survived the siege of Leningrad and WWII". If she was only 76, she might have resided in her dad's left nut during the seige of Leningrad, or maybe in her mom's belly, but she didn't "survive it" as a human being. (It's possible that she was born before May of 1945, and that she survived the last few months of WWII, it ended 76 yrs and 9 months ago. Maybe they got her age wrong, she did look way more than 76...)

2) I am taping Goebbels' News at 8:30 PM to see if they complain about the protesters in Russia getting beaten by the cops. If they do I will piss myself laughing. 

Edited by WestCanMan

20 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I believe "woke" ideology is an actual creation of the Globalist Oligarchs. To purposefully give volume to fringe ideas and create the general belief that we can improve our world, if we just make every person's pain...ours as well.

Oh brother...I think you're simply overreacting to an overreaching effort by people trying to purge the world of the last vestiges of assholery in it and where the hard-boiled woke are simply being assholes about it.

Get a grip, make some popcorn, have a cold beer and a chuckle over it.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Oh brother...I think you're simply overreacting to an overreaching effort by people trying to purge the world of the last vestiges of assholery in the world where the hard-boiled woke are simply being assholes about it.

Get a grip, make some popcorn, have a cold beer and a chuckle over it.

Yes...'Just relax. Its not important. Just trying to get rid of assholes...as we deem them. And we're just being assholes about it.'

If I have a real prejudice...its that I can't stand assholes.

19 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Nobody can, which unfortunately isn't enough to stop many from being one anyway.

Ya gits wut ya pays fer.

In the meantime, I happen to love Canada for what it is promised to be. What our forefathers made it. "Our homeland strong and free." Not 'Our homeland till we disagree.'

The Canadian media is, by and large, full of shit.! We are paying these assholes to lie, make sick accusations about many of our people, and cheer on Pixie-Dust while he hides at his Mommy's place, tries to grant himself absolute control, and destroys the lives of countless good Canadians in the process. THAT'S our media and as far as I'm concerned, they need their public funding revoked completely until they begin reporting ALL the news, as it is. If they wanna offer an opinion, do it. But make clear it is an OPINION and stop presenting said opinions as facts. They are NOT.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Americans, especially Republicans, are right to call this out because Canada seems to be renouncing freedom, democracy, national pride, and belief in the strength of individuals.  

Meanwhile Republicans across the US continue to lose their minds over "Critical Race Theory" anytime anyone brings up anything in the school rooms about the idea of racism.  The rabid bedwetting over "wokeism" from Red States is comical considering they're literally passing legislation to ban discussing racism and things like that in their classroom.  You couldn't get a better example of thought-policing, but here you are pretending the Republicans are the reasonable ones.  

magawojak.jpg

20 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well exactly.  Healthy functioning democracy where individual rights are respected and people are judged not by the colour of their skin but the content of their character has been vilified by the left as retrograde.  What the so-called left offers instead is arbitrary collectivization under the auspices of “equity”.  It means you will get what the woke committee decides you deserve, outside of talent, hard work, or strength of character.  It’s Bolshevism light.  Everyone loses because no one can keep up with the ever changing lexicon and no one sees their unconscious bias. This brave new world has nothing to do with equality.  It’s dictatorship by the elite word masters.

The Republicans seem to point to belief in the strength of all people and the importance of upholding rights for all, yet they are ridiculed for this.  In Canada we don’t really have a mainstream party that affirms the country, its citizens, and their rights.  Half of the Conservatives might as well join the Liberal Party of Canada.  

Maybe the Conservatives and PPC should consider why they aren't any more appealing to most Canadians. Interesting that an Ipsos poll around last election time showed 46% of Canadians don't really like any political party. I wouldn't be surprised if that number was much higher now. The right's best ideas are to regress 20 years on social issues, or even more years in the case of the USA. There's a better way forward than the woke left or regressive right, but it isn't represented by a political party right now.