CTV & Global News are Pure Filth, CBC Needs to be Defunded

7 hours ago, ztalbot2000 said:

History has always proven to be written by the winner. Justin is winning, therefore we are wrong and will be remembered as such.

The problem is that fake news is officially sanctioned now.  I heard a reporter on Q107 yesterday say that Ryerson was a founder of the residential school system.  He was the founder of public education in Ontario and died before the residential school system started.  He lived among Indigenous, learned Ojibwe, trained Indigenous in farming techniques, and fought for their land rights.  Clearly our government and mainstream media are re-writing history.  It’s been decided to turn Ryerson from a hero to a villain.  There’s no attempt at explaining, no sense of historical context, no thought.  The name of Ryerson University has now been changed to Toronto Metropolitan.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The problem is that fake news is officially sanctioned now.  I heard a reporter on Q107 yesterday say that Ryerson was a founder of the residential school system.  He was the founder of public education in Ontario and died before the residential school system started.  He lived among Indigenous, learned Ojibwe, trained Indigenous in farming techniques, and fought for their land rights.  Clearly our government and mainstream media are re-writing history.  It’s been decided to turn Ryerson from a hero to a villain.  There’s no attempt at explaining, no sense of historical context, no thought.  The name of Ryerson University has now been changed to Toronto Metropolitan.  

Ryerson is our MacBeth.

Historians and scumbags like Shakespeare don't like people who they consider to be "other guys" who vastly elevated themselves above their peers.

In MacBeth's case he had to be discredited because he was from the old royal lineage, while Ryerson was a highly religious person who also happened to be a social justice pioneer. The smarmy leftists in TO must have been over the moon to have the name changed to "Metropolitan" - it's so everything they want to be. 

Woke mob: "EWWWWWW! A religious cracker learned to speak a native language, suffered hardships to help the FN people learn modern ways, and helped them fight for their land rights? Hmmmm, I can't really have a religious white dude as my moral superior in any way, but all that I'm actually willing to do is post in some echo chambers, shriek unsubstantiated insults, and loot some stores. I know what we can do.... the same things as always - CHARACTER ASSASSINATION! YAAAY!"

Maybe Ryerson will get the last laugh, but it will be a while in coming.  

16 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Ryerson is our MacBeth.

Historians and scumbags like Shakespeare don't like people who they consider to be "other guys" who vastly elevated themselves above their peers.

In MacBeth's case he had to be discredited because he was from the old royal lineage, while Ryerson was a highly religious person who also happened to be a social justice pioneer. The smarmy leftists in TO must have been over the moon to have the name changed to "Metropolitan" - it's so everything they want to be. 

Woke mob: "EWWWWWW! A religious cracker learned to speak a native language, suffered hardships to help the FN people learn modern ways, and helped them fight for their land rights? Hmmmm, I can't really have a religious white dude as my moral superior in any way, but all that I'm actually willing to do is post in some echo chambers, shriek unsubstantiated insults, and loot some stores. I know what we can do.... the same things as always - CHARACTER ASSASSINATION! YAAAY!"

Maybe Ryerson will get the last laugh, but it will be a while in coming.  

It feels like the end of the Roman Empire without the Christianity.  We’re watching our civilization get ransacked by ignorant woke students.  They remind me of the Taliban, the armed male teens and men defacing ancient Buddha statues carved into cliffs.  The destruction of Ryerson’s statue and the renaming of the university, supported by a university president with little respect for Canadian history or context, seems like another marker of our entry into a new Dark Age.  Interesting that the physical privations of the pandemic are reflected by the intellectual privations of cancel culture.  Sadly, these ideologues are running our institutions and country now.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Sad 1