Should the West Separate?

West

Just now, eyeball said:

Speaking for myself I'd abolish in-camera lobbying.  No need for a constitutional crisis, or reforming how we elect representatives, dumping the monarchy, separating or waging a civil war - just a few simple changes to the Lobbying Act. Something so slight it should have no more effect than a butterfly's wing compared to all the other grandiose suggestions people make.  

you are simultaneously making the argument that it will bring about revolutionary change while claiming it will gave little effect

pick one, it cannot be both

restricting free speech further will not help Canada, it will only make it worse

11 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

That is incoherent. Again, explain as though I'm not too bright.

You didn't answer the question. In plain English, how would you change the way government works? What changes would you make and what process would you use to implement them?

He doesn't do that, all he does is complain. Lazy.

9 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you are simultaneously making the argument that it will bring about revolutionary change while claiming it will gave little effect

pick one, it cannot be both

Ever head of the Butterfly Effect?

The butterfly effect is the idea that small, seemingly trivial events may ultimately result in something with much larger consequences – in other words, they have non-linear impacts on very complex systems. For instance, when a butterfly flaps its wings in India, that tiny change in air pressure could eventually cause a tornado in Iowa.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/math-concepts/butterfly-effect.htm

restricting free speech further will not help Canada, it will only make it worse.

What restriction exactly?  How is a discussion involving the public's business open to the public a restriction on free speech?

How on Earth will greater transparency make things worse in today's grotesquely misinformed world?

Don't you realize abolishing in-camera lobbying would allow people like lets say...Ezra Levant, to be present when WE charity was lobbying PM Trudeau - you don't think that would be a good thing?

Like I said, the changes to the Lobbying Act would be simple and downright innocuous compared to the other BIG changes people usually invoke when talking about changing the way government works but yes...I expect the changes I propose would shake up governments around the planet to their core - but especially the corrupt ones.

32 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Ever head of the Butterfly Effect?

What restriction exactly?  How is a discussion involving the public's business open to the public a restriction on free speech?

How on Earth will greater transparency make things worse in today's grotesquely misinformed world?

Don't you realize abolishing in-camera lobbying would allow people like lets say...Ezra Levant, to be present when WE charity was lobbying PM Trudeau - you don't think that would be a good thing?

Like I said, the changes to the Lobbying Act would be simple and downright innocuous compared to the other BIG changes people usually invoke when talking about changing the way government works but yes...I expect the changes I propose would shake up governments around the planet to their core - but especially the corrupt ones.

you are banning lobbyists speaking in private

restricting the speech of people you don't like doesn't mean it's not restricting speech

what you expect the impact to be has nothing to do with reality

it's mere wishful thinking

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you are banning lobbyists speaking in private

No it would ban politicians and the highest ranking civil servants from talking to them in secret.

restricting the speech of people you don't like doesn't mean it's not restricting speech

ln-camera lobbying only restricts the public from listening. Lobbyists would still be just as completely free to say whatever they want with the public in the room.  Abolishing in-camera lobbying has nothing whatsoever to do with restricting free speech. It's entirely about the freedom to listen.  

what you expect the impact to be has nothing to do with reality

it's mere wishful thinking

Maybe you're just deathly afraid of the impact.  Dictators around the world would be too.

Canada's rankings in the Corruption Perceptions Index have plummeted under Trudeau

Canada has come off badly again in Transparency International’s annual Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI), with the country’s score falling faster than any other in the 180-country rankings, which were released this week. Canada’s score has dropped to its lowest ever — 74 out of 100 — a slide that has cost Canada eight points over the past five years alone.

...one shudders to think what Canada’s score would be if Ottawa allowed the degree of public scrutiny that would be needed to effectively expose the rackets that move money into Canada on behalf of big-time gangsters, police-state apparatchiks and oligarchs and kleptocrats from Belarus to Beijing.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/terry-glavin-canadas-rankings-in-the-corruption-perceptions-index-have-plummeted-under-trudeau

Do you have anything to do with this by any chance?

Edited by eyeball

54 minutes ago, eyeball said:

How would it restrict politicians from speaking?

by making it illegal to do so in private with lobbyists

in private speech restrictions are even worse than public speech restrictions

not only that but it sets a terrible precedent that in private speech can be restricted

which will not be limited to politicians speaking with lobbyists, once you let that genie out of the bottle

Edited by Yzermandius19

9 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

by making it illegal to do so in private with lobbyists

in private speech restrictions are even worse than public speech restrictions

not only that but it sets a terrible precedent that in private speech can be restricted

which will not be limited to politicians speaking with lobbyists, once you let that genie out of the bottle

I agree 100% speech restrictions would be the worst thing to do.

I'm talking about the complete opposite. Removing restrictions against the public from listening - when the public has a stake in the issue under discussion.

You seem quite determined to apply the reverse meaning what I'm saying and then responding to that instead.  You don't think that's a little silly?

Edited by eyeball

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, West said:

Your proud of the joke of a pm who has to send in the cops to beat up women eh. 

He  Hasn't been the best pm infact i didn't even support him in 2021and he has annoyed me plenty of times over 6 years but still 10x better then  the Joke harper was.. and please stop saying nonsense the Pm did not sent  any cops to directly hit women. grow up.

Edited by Jack9000

The Confederation is like an abusive relationship. You may go along with it as you are in love with the memory of what it was. After awhile you just have to be honest with yourself and realize it's probably not going to get any better and while it may sting at first, you are better off in the long run. 

Liberals are the wife beating husband. Just look at the police brutality on full display simply because the other person says no