Trucker's Convoy

West

42 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Which begs the question: Why is the Trudeau government continuing to require this vaccine for federal workers and truckers?  Why is the discriminatory (against elderly and poor who don’t own smart phones or can’t work tech) ArriveCAN app required of travellers to Canada, including Canadians?  It’s easier for Canadians to enter the US than it is for them to enter their own country.  What’s wrong with this picture?  How is the Canadian government getting away with stripping rights from Canadians?  How propagandized and weakened has our public become?

Just to bring you up to date.

Federal employees are back at work, no vaccination required.

Truckers are not mandated by Canada. The US still has the vaccination requirement to enter.

The use of ArriveCan is BS now. the rest of the world does not require such a thing.

Edited by ExFlyer

8 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Federal employees are back at work.

Truckers are not mandated by Canada. The US still has a requirement.

The use of ArriveCan is BS now. the rest of the world does not require such a thing.

Canada still requires ArriveCan and if truckers aren’t vaccinated they’re expected to quarantine.  Same goes for all unvaccinated Canadians entering Canada.  Unvaccinated foreigners can’t visit Canada except under certain circumstances.  Masks are still required on planes and trains in and from Canada.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

11 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada still requires ArriveCan and if truckers aren’t vaccinated they’re expected to quarantine.  Same goes for all unvaccinated Canadians entering Canada.  Unvaccinated foreigners can’t visit Canada except under certain circumstances.  Masks are still required on planes and trains in and from Canada.  

All I did was provide you with current information.

You said federal workers still need vaccinations and you are wrong. They are back at work.

Yes, ArrivCan is required for anyone wanting to enter Canada, citizens or not.

As for truckers, if they are not vaccinated they cannot enter the US so getting back in is a non starter.

If you are a non American, you need to provide proof of vaccination to enter the US.  That includes truckers      https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html

Yes, masks are still required on the close quarters of aircraft and trains.

Edited by ExFlyer

26 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

All I did was provide you with current information.

You said federal workers still need vaccinations and you are wrong. They are back at work.

Yes, ArrivCan is required for anyone wanting to enter Canada, citizens or not.

As for truckers, if they are not vaccinated they cannot enter the US so getting back in is a non starter.

If you are a non American, you need to provide proof of vaccination to enter the US.  That includes truckers      https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html

Yes, masks are still required on the close quarters of aircraft and trains.

The airlines have stated that the air circulation on planes makes masking ridiculous. 

The mask is the fig leaf of the scared and timid who either feel they need it for medical reasons, or are simply terrified. 

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

The airlines have stated that the air circulation on planes makes masking ridiculous. 

The mask is the fig leaf of the scared and timid who either feel they need it for medical reasons, or are simply terrified. 

Moot point.

If masks on planes are all you have left to argue about, that's sad. Oh and, some airline have made wearing masks optional. "The Transportation Security Administration said it would no longer enforce the rule," https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/18/business/airlines-masks/index.html

If a person wants to wear a mask anywhere, anytime, on an aircraft or in a store, it is their personal decision. You have no idea why they are wearing it and calling them names is pompous and arrogant of you.

Edited by ExFlyer

29 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Moot point.

If masks on planes are all you have left to argue about, that's sad. Oh and, some airline have made wearing masks optional. "The Transportation Security Administration said it would no longer enforce the rule," https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/18/business/airlines-masks/index.html

If a person wants to wear a mask anywhere, anytime, on an aircraft or in a store, it is their personal decision. You have no idea why they are wearing it and calling them names is pompous and arrogant of you.

You brought up masks...I just added the context.

I believe in Canada masks are required on planes.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/domestic-travel

Yup...still masking.

I didn't call anyone names. But I could if you like? Shall we start with Pixie-Dust and his government? Maybe follow that up with the media fear mongers?

This chickenshit is over. The Rona is now just another virus we deal with. Quite successfully too I would add. Aside from the very old and those with medical issues, masking on planes is nothing more than yet another reason to virtue signal.

Edited by Nationalist

8 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You brought up masks...I just added the context.

I believe in Canada masks are required on planes.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/domestic-travel

Yup...still masking.

I didn't call anyone names. But I could if you like? Shall we start with Pixie-Dust and his government? Maybe follow that up with the media fear mongers?

This chickenshit is over. The Rona is now just another virus we deal with. Quite successfully too I would add. Aside from the very old and those with medical issues, masking on planes is nothing more than yet another reason to virtue signal.

Yes, as I said and is well known. No context was needed

You said "The mask is the fig leaf of the scared and timid who either feel they need it for medical reasons, or are simply terrified "  and I replied it is their decision and you do not know why. But masking is a personal choice for personal reasons and calling people, timid, scared or virtue signalling or terrified is your opinion and not necessarily correct.

Yes, the virus has become just another one floating around and vaccinations will be offered just like the flu vaccination.

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

Yes, as I said and is well known. No context was needed

You said "The mask is the fig leaf of the scared and timid who either feel they need it for medical reasons, or are simply terrified "  and I replied it is their decision and you do not know why. But masking is a personal choice for personal reasons and calling people, timid, scared or virtue signalling or terrified is your opinion and not necessarily correct.

Yes, the virus has become just another one floating around and vaccinations will be offered just like the flu vaccination.

You don't like the terms "scared" "timid" or "terrified"? What would you call it then? If one is "concerned" about their own health in public places, that's being "scared". If one is wearing a mask because they feel its the socially acceptable thing to do, that's being "timid" and "virtue signalling". And if someone is wearing a mask because they don't want to catch a bug, that's being "terrified".

This whole thing has been disgusting for me to watch. The most disgusting of all, IMO, is that we've taught the kids to be weary of other kids breathing on them. We've robbed kids of a fundamental life experience. Its gross and frankly...I would be in favour of charging the governmental leaders who still carry on with this incessant fear mongering, with crimes against humanity.

25 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You don't like the terms "scared" "timid" or "terrified"? What would you call it then? If one is "concerned" about their own health in public places, that's being "scared". If one is wearing a mask because they feel its the socially acceptable thing to do, that's being "timid" and "virtue signalling". And if someone is wearing a mask because they don't want to catch a bug, that's being "terrified".

This whole thing has been disgusting for me to watch. The most disgusting of all, IMO, is that we've taught the kids to be weary of other kids breathing on them. We've robbed kids of a fundamental life experience. Its gross and frankly...I would be in favour of charging the governmental leaders who still carry on with this incessant fear mongering, with crimes against humanity.

OK, you have your opinion, and I have mine.

I just don't pigeonhole people for their personal decisions. just like opinions, everyone has a right to make their own mind up.

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

OK, you have your opinion, and I have mine.

I just don't pigeonhole people for their personal decisions. just like opinions, everyone has a right to make their own mind up.

Yes. Everyone DOES have the right to make their own mind up...except in Canada where we are told what to do, regardless of the need.

Edited by Nationalist

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Yes. Everyone DOES have the right to make their own mind up...except in Canada where we are told what to do, regardless of the need.

The only place it is still mandated is on aircraft and trains. (Not all American airlines dropped the requirement yet)

We are slowly moving forward to normalcy.

29 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

The only place it is still mandated is on aircraft and trains. (Not all American airlines dropped the requirement yet)

We are slowly moving forward to normalcy.

Real normal or this "new normal" I keep hearing about?

18 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Which begs the question: Why is the Trudeau government continuing to require this vaccine for federal workers and truckers?  Why is the discriminatory (against elderly and poor who don’t own smart phones or can’t work tech) ArriveCAN app required of travellers to Canada, including Canadians?  It’s easier for Canadians to enter the US than it is for them to enter their own country.  What’s wrong with this picture?  How is the Canadian government getting away with stripping rights from Canadians?  How propagandized and weakened has our public become?

It's worth noting that the KC Royals left 10 players back in the US when they came to Toronto, citing their vax status as the reason that they couldn't come. The org said that they respect their players' decisions regarding the vax.

This is the first time that any major sports organization has broken ranks with the vax-Nazis as far as I know. I'm surprised that we were even allowed to hear that statement in Canada. 

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It's worth noting that the KC Royals left 10 players back in the US when they came to Toronto, citing their vax status as the reason that they couldn't come. The org said that they respect their players' decisions regarding the vax.

This is the first time that any major sports organization has broken ranks with the vax-Nazis as far as I know. I'm surprised that we were even allowed to hear that statement in Canada. 

The perception of Canada outside the country has changed.  Our government is perceived by mainstream western societies as overbearing, arbitrary, and largely in the hands of international political entities.   Less democratic and sovereign than we used to be. It’s not a good look.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Real normal or this "new normal" I keep hearing about?

Actually, the "new normal" is so fluid you cannot anticipate/expect/realize anything.

For instance, the "new normal" in Los Angeles will be to wear masks indoors starting some time soon.

Mt Allison University will require masks on premises this Fall.

Another "new normal" is jobs where you are in contact with the public, you will have to wear masks and there are many others.

So, there is no "new normal" just as there will never be "old normal".  Things will change day to day.

19 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The US has a policy on unvaccinated persons entering the Country. "You must be fully vaccinated with the primary series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine to travel to the United States by plane if you are a non-U.S. citizen, non-U.S. immigrant (not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or travelling to the United States on an immigrant visa)"

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/noncitizens-US-air-travel.html

That tennis player Novak Djokovic cannot enter the US to play in the US Open because he is not vaccinated. He is also banned from going to Australia for, I think, it is 3 years.

So, the issue really is that if they (KC Royals players) came to Canada, then they would not be able to get back home.

22 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

The US has a policy on unvaccinated persons entering the Country. "You must be fully vaccinated with the primary series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine to travel to the United States by plane if you are a non-U.S. citizen, non-U.S. immigrant (not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or travelling to the United States on an immigrant visa)"

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/noncitizens-US-air-travel.html

That tennis player Novak Djokovic cannot enter the US to play in the US Open because he is not vaccinated. He is also banned from going to Australia for, I think, it is 3 years.

So, the issue really is that if they (KC Royals players) came to Canada, then they would not be able to get back home.

Not at the land border though.  Moreover, this is a Trudeau-influenced Biden policy, so it should get scrapped as soon as the Yanks have any chance to do so through elections.

As for the persistent requirement to wear masks in some jurisdictions and locations, that’s continued unwarranted oppression.  Covid is now another minor illness for the vast majority of people.  There are additional protective measures the vulnerable can take.  Stop living in unwarranted and unhealthy fear and hiding.  Get on with your short lives.

57 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Not at the land border though.  Moreover, this is a Trudeau-influenced Biden policy, so it should get scrapped as soon as the Yanks have any chance to do so through elections.

As for the persistent requirement to wear masks in some jurisdictions and locations, that’s continued unwarranted oppression.  Covid is now another minor illness for the vast majority of people.  There are additional protective measures the vulnerable can take.  Stop living in unwarranted and unhealthy fear and hiding.  Get on with your short lives.

So, ya gotta go through Mexico or Canada and good luck with that.

Maybe it is a warranted public health response?

Point is, shitting on Canada is nonsensical as other jurisdictions are doing what they deem necessary to keep their population healthy and safe. Being narrow minded and limited focus only proves poor understanding.

10 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

none of those measures make any sense whatsoever

scoring PR points with the ignorant is the name of the game

To you, but not to them or a great many others.

Maybe to your surprise but, health officials really don't listen to you or care about your opinion, which is all it is, an opinion.

Just now, ExFlyer said:

To you, but not to them or a great many others.

Maybe to your surprise but, health officials really don't listen to you or care about your opinion, which is all it is, an opinion.

their public policy opinions are not based on any science

they are based on giving their political bosses cover for their garbage policies

and you just blindly trust them regardless

based on the appeal to authority fallacious thinking

just because governments and their cronies think it's a good idea

doesn't mean it is

27 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

their public policy opinions are not based on any science

they are based on giving their political bosses cover for their garbage policies

and you just blindly trust them regardless

based on the appeal to authority fallacious thinking

just because governments and their cronies think it's a good idea

doesn't mean it is

Theirs are not "opinions" theirs are policies and will be done. Yours are the "opinions".

I never said I trust them. I just showed you the error of your way and thinking and perceptions.

Fact is, "governments and their cronies" set policies, procedures and, processes and it is the way it is. You don't need to agree or even follow. All it means is that you will sit , by yourself, cloistered and unable to move about like the rest of them.

Oh, you been there, done that?  Well keep on complaining, no one with any authority is listening or cares. :(.

• Thanks 1