Trucker's Convoy

West

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

This is a modern Kristalnacht, especially when the names of protest donors are hacked and publicized so people can be publicly humiliated and treated like terrorists by our government.

The part of the society that still cares about democracy needs to come together, discuss, define and implement a real, meaningful democratic renewal, an full or very close overhaul of the political system that isn't working for the society anymore. Otherwise it can be a straight downward slide all the way to Mexico. This can be the last call.

5 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

You sure sound like one. We are a constitutional democracy. The PM doesn't even have a majority. He is subject to the will of the House of Commons. Anyone undermining that system is a traitor and should be dealt with as such.

Fortunately you are a tiny, practically illiterate bunch who don't even really know what you want. Unfortunately you are easily manipulated by foreign actors who want to destroy our country. 

Wow you’re clueless.  Dougie has spent the last few weeks showing how our rights are being violated.  The foreign power takeover is being actively supported by our Liberal government against Canadian sovereignty. Schwab has penetrated the Cabinet and Trudeau is celebrated by Schwab as a true believer.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

27 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

none of them are combatant

they are bourgeois office workers, bureaucrats, college professors and students

the martial class, the men who will kill & die for their cause, are against the government

You're a violent, insurrectionist extremist and an enemy to your own country. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Wow you’re clueless.  Dougie has spent the last few weeks showing how our rights are being violated.  The foreign power takeover is being actively supported by our Liberal government against Canadian sovereignty. Schwab has penetrated the Cabinet and Trudeau is celebrated by Schwab as a true believer.  

You would believe anything so long as it is delivered in a Facebook meme.

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

There are honest truly liberal-democratic voices in Canada trying to restore freedoms in the Conservative Party and PPC:  Bergen, Stubbs, Polievre, Bernier, etc.

These representatives are the last truly centrist or even centre-left voices in Canada.  They’re trying to restore freedoms, but they’re being rewarded for this by being called racists, misogynists, and extremists.

Under FPTP the only hope is for the PPC and CPC to merge. And to shed all the far-right religion-based social issue garbage that has held them back. To come to the center on these issues is necessary. I did find it really notable that the PPC dropped the identity politics off their site where it came to transgender issues. CPC hardly mentions anything in their official policy re: LGBT.

And no, the left doesn't always get it correct where it comes to minority rights. It's absurd that transgender females can compete against born females in elite/professional sport. I say this as someone who is. Pushing way too far on these issues actually brings more hate and misunderstanding on us. 

I could say a lot more on this, though it'd take writing a book to properly explain how the left now gets minorities as wrong as the right does but in a different way. In the end however the outcome isn't good. Research is stifled because they believe they 'get it' out of sheer narcissistic altruism. Medical assistance is very arbitrary, it's an all-or-nothing approach. 

Granted these little side issues mean little compared to most people. But to me it indicates how our institutions have gone so wrong. Why nothing gets done to help other minorities like First Nations. Perhaps the point I was trying to get around to was that I fear the backlash. The populist right will win out in the end, and I'd rather not get lumped in with that crazy woke crowd.

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Dougie has spent the last few weeks showing how our rights are being violated.

it's been years now

the first step to radicalization was years ago, during the Somalia Inquiry & disbandment of the Airborne Regiment

that was the moment where I was like, wtf ? The government is lying through their teeth, and acting lawlessly

the most important thing was protecting any senior government officials from any accountability

while throwing all the troops under the bus

then it just kept going from there, once you were alerted to it, you saw it everywhere

the dysfunctional & corrupt methods of running DND expanded to every aspect of government

now the Afghanistan War veterans are learning what we in Petawawa knew back in 1993

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

says who ?

You just did. You are rejecting parliamentary democracy and advocating violently overthrowing it. 

Although it's not unusual for you cowards to then immediately deny you said what you just said.

Edited by BubberMiley

12 minutes ago, Nexii said:

Under FPTP the only hope is for the PPC and CPC to merge. And to shed all the far-right religion-based social issue garbage that has held them back. To come to the center on these issues is necessary. I did find it really notable that the PPC dropped the identity politics off their site where it came to transgender issues. CPC hardly mentions anything in their official policy re: LGBT.

And no, the left doesn't always get it correct where it comes to minority rights. It's absurd that transgender females can compete against born females in elite/professional sport. I say this as someone who is. Pushing way too far on these issues actually brings more hate and misunderstanding on us. 

I could say a lot more on this, though it'd take writing a book to properly explain how the left now gets minorities as wrong as the right does but in a different way. In the end however the outcome isn't good. Research is stifled because they believe they 'get it' out of sheer narcissistic altruism. Medical assistance is very arbitrary, it's an all-or-nothing approach. 

Granted these little side issues mean little compared to most people. But to me it indicates how our institutions have gone so wrong. Why nothing gets done to help other minorities like First Nations. Perhaps the point I was trying to get around to was that I fear the backlash. The populist right will win out in the end, and I'd rather not get lumped in with that crazy woke crowd.

The people in the CPC and Bernier would never try to oppress minorities. They would not alienate trans people. They’re trying to restore minority protections from the Charter because they made the accurate connection between protecting the medical discretion of the unvaccinated and the civil rights of visible minorities, LGBTQ, Muslims, Sikhs, Jews, Christians, etc.

What was fascinating about the protests was seeing “my body, my choice” feminists walking arm in arm with rural Christians.  What’s at stake is our very free expression and minority rights.  That’s why civil liberties organizations are freaking out right now.  They know that our government is pissing on constitutionally protected rights. Some on the left, especially in the US, are calling our government out.  Bill Maher was really good on this, but where is the discussion in Canada?   The opposition have been branded racist and misogynist by our PM, full stop, no discussion.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

I am simply extrapolating by the historical record

that when countries crush peaceful protestors petitioning the government in the streets

so desperate that they cannot be intimidated and must be crushed under jackboots

that is the stuff that violent civil disorder is made of

this is the kind of draconian government that incites civil war

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I am simply extrapolating by the historical record

that when countries crush peaceful protestors petitioning the government in the streets

so desperate that they cannot be intimidated and must be crushed under jackboots

that is the stuff that violent civil disorder is made of

this is the kind of draconian government that incites civil war

There is nothing peaceful about attempting to block supply lines. And the only example of someone being "crushed" was a lie from your Putin-worshiping overlords. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-contributor-sara-carter-admits-to-creating-fake-story-about-canadian-woman-being-trampled

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

no doubt the Prime Minister is trying to provoke an insurrection

it is to his short term political advantage, since he is totally discredited, he needs an enemy to fight

but he is playing with fire

these sorts of political strategies are national suicide

Well exactly.  If he persists on this path, trying to publicly vilify, discredit, and criminalize what could be half the population of Canada, well that’s a recipe for a failed state.  Trudeau will not meet with protesters or their leaders.  He will not discuss a timeline for or even promise the removal of vaccine mandates and vaccine passports.  He has brought in martial law and is freezing the assets of protesters.  This is pure fascism.  

if you have worked for the government in national security

you know that Trudeau doesn't have the authority do what he is doing

the Emergencies Act is just a smokescreen

because he's not even following it

he's acting lawlessly under the rubric of "ZOMG Emergency !"

meanwhile the Act has not even passed in Parliament

Trudeau suspended Parliament over the weekend so they could execute their attack on the protestors

so Trudeau is the one bypassing Parliament, Trudeau is the one usurping the Canadian democratic process

1 minute ago, BubberMiley said:

There is nothing peaceful about attempting to block supply lines. And the only example of someone being "crushed" was a lie from your Putin-worshiping overlords. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-contributor-sara-carter-admits-to-creating-fake-story-about-canadian-woman-being-trampled

The blockades were cleared before the Emergencies Act.  Wow you’re missing what’s happening.  

if you have worked for the government in national security

you know that Trudeau doesn't have the authority do what he is doing

the Emergencies Act is just a smokescreen

because he's not even following it

he's acting lawlessly under the rubric of "ZOMG Emergency !"

Trudeau suspended Parliament over the weekend so they could execute their attack on the protestors

so Trudeau is the one bypassing Parliament, Trudeau is the one usurping the Canadian democratic process

Can you explain ZOMG Emergency?

Then it's a bill and not an act? ...or you have no clue how parliamentary democracy works?

They are debating the use of the act in Parliament today, not its existence. If its use is rejected in our parliamentary democracy, they'll scrap it. But a vast majority of Parliament is expected to support its continued implementation. 

This is how a parliamentary democracy works.

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Can you explain ZOMG Emergency?

they have falsely invoked the Emergencies Act

the act is for the most extreme circumstances, like World War Two level of emergency

they are playing the hysteria card to justify their lawless draconian crackdown

again, the act is not even passed through Parliament

they suspended Parliament for the weekend so they could launch a violent attack on peaceful protestors

that's banana republic dictatorship on the face of it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BubberMiley said:

Then it's a bill and not an act? ...or you have no clue how parliamentary democracy works?

They are debating the use of the act in Parliament today, not its existence. If its use is rejected in our parliamentary democracy, they'll scrap it. But a vast majority of Parliament is expected to support its continued implementation. 

This is how a parliamentary democracy works.

the attack has already gone down

they launched attack while Parliament was suspended, very deliberately

that is not a liberal democracy in action

that is banana republic dictatorship governance

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

they have falsely invoked the Emergencies Act

the act is for the most extreme circumstances, like World War Two level of emergency

Blocking supply lines is extreme. They lost the right to claim they were peaceful protesters as soon as they did that.

• Like 1