The push is on of the Omicron or Omnicon virus.

taxme

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

I'm at a loss how you can stay so ignorant for so long.

I stopped taking in so called "advice" seriously when by the second half of 2020 it became apparent that it's coming from the source that is both clueless and misreprsenting (yes, there's a shorter synonym). If it was one or the other, it could still have some use but with both there's no option but to give up. Not once imposed policies and panaceas worked as expected and promised though never explained. Not to worry, there's always the next time.

And by the way, you surely know what to expect if this new adventure would end up in some major issues some years or decades down the way? If not (still) why not find out the examples are right there. Sponsorship scandal, Phoenix scandal, SNC scandal oops give it some more years sincere apology OK this was only the money but this time they seem bent on shooting something into you every six months or maybe four and that's where I'd like to say, not so fast, can we give it another thought please.

2 hours ago, myata said:

I stopped taking in so called "advice" seriously when by the second half of 2020 it became apparent that it's coming from the source that is both clueless and misreprsenting (yes, there's a shorter synonym). If it was one or the other, it could still have some use but with both there's no option but to give up. Not once imposed policies and panaceas worked as expected and promised though never explained. Not to worry, there's always the next time.

And by the way, you surely know what to expect if this new adventure would end up in some major issues some years or decades down the way? If not (still) why not find out the examples are right there. Sponsorship scandal, Phoenix scandal, SNC scandal oops give it some more years sincere apology OK this was only the money but this time they seem bent on shooting something into you every six months or maybe four and that's where I'd like to say, not so fast, can we give it another thought please.

Ya, ya, like every government and NGO in the whole world is in on the giant conspiracy and there are no leaks or whistleblowers.

Edited by Aristides

30 minutes ago, Aristides said:

on the giant conspiracy

Not necessarily, could be that old traditional cheerful and mindless arrogance if we can do it, why not and we'll find out later if it worked! Not like it hasn't happened and why not try, again?

Edited by myata

35 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Good point, this sure has become an echo chamber for the Q crowd.

Right, use jb's matra: "Everything that I don't like or that proves I'm stupid is a q-anon conspiracy."

Again: why should children take a dangerous vaccine to prevent them from getting a disease that's not dangerous for them? Are you a man or a mouse? Squeak up!

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

why should children take a dangerous vaccine to prevent them from getting a disease that's not dangerous for them?

To help prevent the spread of disease to people for whom it is a danger.

Hey, I know how to stop this in its tracks. Call it child exploitation. Lefties heads will surely explode over that!

Edited by eyeball

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

That it's just as obvious vaccines and a booster reduce its severity.

Might want to hold on to that claim as they aren’t certain of that even at this point.  I mean transmission is no longer on the table but it could be soon shown that hospitalizations aren’t helped with vaccination either 

1 minute ago, Accountability Now said:

Might want to hold on to that claim as they aren’t certain of that even at this point.  I mean transmission is no longer on the table but it could be soon shown that hospitalizations aren’t helped with vaccination either 

Let's hope not in any case there are still other measures we can use.  Nothing is 100% just get as close as you can.

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Let's hope not in any case there are still other measures we can use.  Nothing is 100% just get as close as you can.

So back to the original point…why should kids get the jab when an unvaccinated grandkid is just as likely to pass on Covid than the vaccinated grandkid? The vaccine is doing nothing to stop transmission so the only person you’re possibly helping is yourself. If that’s the case then why would kids take a jab that has just as much (if not) more chance of hospitalizing them than Covid does? 

Just now, Accountability Now said:

So back to the original point…why should kids get the jab when an unvaccinated grandkid is just as likely to pass on Covid than the vaccinated grandkid? The vaccine is doing nothing to stop transmission so the only person you’re possibly helping is yourself. If that’s the case then why would kids take a jab that has just as much (if not) more chance of hospitalizing them than Covid does? 

I'm sorry but I generally defer to experts when it comes to this stuff.  The vast vast majority seem to be prescribing vaccines and other measures and I'm betting they probably have good scientific reasons for doing so.

39 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I'm sorry but I generally defer to experts when it comes to this stuff.  The vast vast majority seem to be prescribing vaccines and other measures and I'm betting they probably have good scientific reasons for doing so.

Ya…makes sense. I completely understand why you come on a discussion forum and not have any ideas of your own. ? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Ya…makes sense. I completely understand why you come on a discussion forum and not have any ideas of your own. ? 

I'm on here to mostly try and understand what it is that makes so many people subscribe to some of the worst ideas on the planet. I definitely have a few ideas about that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

I'm on here to mostly try and understand what it is that makes so many people subscribe to some of the worst ideas on the planet. I definitely have a few ideas about that.

Telling kids not to vaccinate against Covid is one of the worst ideas on the planet? This is why you might want to actually understand information so you can process thoughts other than what JT is cramming in your head. 

38 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Telling kids not to vaccinate against Covid is one of the worst ideas on the planet?

I think telling kids to disbelieve science is probably the worst.

This is why you might want to actually understand information so you can process thoughts other than what JT is cramming in your head.

That's what I tell my kids their BS filter is for.

This piece illustrates quite well the mentality in the high circles making these critical decisions (boosters)

How much does the booster help?

1. "Probably a lot – against infection"

2. "Laboratory studies have shown that antibodies..."

3. "I think this finding is suggestive that we're inducing..."

Ergo,

"We definitely need to give this to everyone if we want to prevent.."

In my lab I think I'm seeing something with some of my mice so why not shoot it into everybody right now and see what happens, like what could go wrong! A horror movie, right? And then,

"Nobody knows how long protection from infection will last" so, "in the middle of a pandemic one can argue that a three-month or four-month booster makes more sense"

That's it, we have arrived, hurray! hurray! Does it still sound and walk like science - or something quite / entirely different?

Edited by myata

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

I'm sorry but I generally defer to experts when it comes to this stuff. 

Have you had a chance to find out what exsperts are saying about the great, evidence based and very progressive residential school education program now? Do you have an idea what they'll be saying two, three or some decades from now about Covid? Because you know that something has changed, right?

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

Nothing. First I've heard of it but I suspect I'd be leaning towards bwahahahaha.

First you’ve heard of it because you don’t actually know anything on the subject yet you choose to engage in arguments on said topic. 

Here’s a read for you if you care to ‘hear of something’. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/10/boys-more-at-risk-from-pfizer-jab-side-effect-than-covid-suggests-study

2 hours ago, myata said:

Have you had a chance to find out what exsperts are saying about the great, evidence based and very progressive residential school education program now? Do you have an idea what they'll be saying two, three or some decades from now about Covid? Because you know that something has changed, right?

Things change all the time.

I know several people and friends who went thru the residential system. They're the real experts.  There was nothing progressive about it all.