The push is on of the Omicron or Omnicon virus.

taxme

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well within our capacity.  Hospitalizations are not necessarily ICU admissions.  Many of the hospitalizations are short.  You will see a higher death rate for a while until Omicron has more fully proliferated.  The vast majority of people have quite good immunity and more is coming.  I’m still getting my booster.  The anti-viral pills and treatments that are coming will help.  We can lift restrictions and manage the risk.  

They are still people who need treatment by a system that is even more short staffed because of infected health care workers.

Yes, we will be able to lift restrictions at some time, hopefully in the not too distant future. But don't let that stop you from moving.

BTW, the same article said ICU cases were up by 47 from the previous day.

Edited by Aristides

In Quebec, the number of COVID-19-related hospitalizations rose by 163 for a total of 2,296 on Saturday. Health officials reported 245 patients in intensive care, an increase of 16 from Friday.

The province also reported 44 more deaths attributed to the novel coronavirus on Saturday, the highest daily death toll in nearly a year.

28 minutes ago, Aristides said:

They are still people who need treatment by a system that is even more short staffed because of infected health care workers.

Yes, we will be able to lift restrictions at some time, hopefully in the not too distant future. But don't let that stop you from moving.

BTW, the same article said ICU cases were up by 47 from the previous day.

Yes, a third of my organization got Omicron over the break.  It has spread far and wide, which is why the big bump in hospitalizations.  Once it gets around more completely it will settle into a more predictable pattern with seasonal jumps like the flu.  We’re seeing it go endemic.

36 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes, a third of my organization got Omicron over the break.  It has spread far and wide, which is why the big bump in hospitalizations.  Once it gets around more completely it will settle into a more predictable pattern with seasonal jumps like the flu.  We’re seeing it go endemic.

Maybe but as long as there  are huge numbers of unvaccinated in the rest of the world we will continue to see more variants and there is no guarantee they will be milder. I'm not trying to be a messenger of doom and gloom because I hope for better like everyone else but one has to be realistic. Our future is not guaranteed, it never has been. 

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Maybe but as long as there  are huge numbers of unvaccinated in the rest of the world we will continue to see more variants and there is no guarantee they will be milder.

Do you think....maybe just for second....there is now more of a chance that variant will emerge from vaccinated people considering 80% of the cases are in that group? The reality is that if you are so concerned about the 'unvaccinated' creating a variant then you should round up all your buddies and donate your booster shots to the folks in Africa who haven't had an opportunity to get their first. 

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

Maybe but as long as there  are huge numbers of unvaccinated in the rest of the world we will continue to see more variants and there is no guarantee they will be milder. I'm not trying to be a messenger of doom and gloom because I hope for better like everyone else but one has to be realistic. Our future is not guaranteed, it never has been. 

Not really.  Generally the variants get milder and our immunity gets stronger over months and years of exposure.  We’re for sure in the last stage where it’s endemic.  In some ways flattening the curve merely drags it out.  I understand watching the hospitalizations, but ultimately this disease has to run its course through most people.  I think many people didn’t even know they had it.  I’m guessing at least two thirds of the population have had a form of it.  The unvaccinated in Canada are a small portion, and yes, more people will die in less vaccinated countries.  

One of the things that has been especially disturbing to me is that this experimental vaccine was rolled out and forced on the public with no solid mechanism for finding out if and what adverse effects were happening. 

The American VAERS system catches only an estimated 1% of adverse reactions/deaths.  The European VigiAccess is better, but not by much.

Anyways, from the limited data available, it appears that the most deaths and adverse reactions are coming from certain batches or lots, estimates are 5-11% of the vaccine batches seem to be much worse for deaths.  There's now a website where you can see how bad your batch is, if you know your batch or lot number.

One of the requirements for allowing a vaccine's EUA is that the batches be consistent.  None of the vaccine manufacturers have been consistent, they have all had their turn at the "bad batches."  Since the public are the rats/monkeys for this, it's a possibility that the manufacturers are experimenting with dosage amounts.

Russian roulette, indeed.

10 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Russian roulette, indeed.

The immune system is highly individual. I would expect that the same amount of mRNA injected would produce response with significant variation in the population. Not an expert in this specific area though. And now we have to define the doze that is good for everybody. Make it low, and the response would be too weak, in some. Make it high, and some, with higher sensitivity, would develop reactions. So on the extreme ends there are too options:

a) a higher doze to produce certain minimal response in all. That would be too much for some.

b) a lower doze to keep it safe for all. That would be too little for some to produce the response consistent with effectiveness.

And now we have to guess which of the two the companies chose. Can we guess? Or how could we know?

31 minutes ago, myata said:

The immune system is highly individual. I would expect that the same amount of mRNA injected would produce response with significant variation in the population. Not an expert in this specific area though. And now we have to define the doze that is good for everybody. Make it low, and the response would be too weak, in some. Make it high, and some, with higher sensitivity, would develop reactions.

Exactly.

This is why so many professionals predicted right from the beginning that the shots would, in some people, cause their immune system to go into over-drive and actually begin attacking itself (ADE) and that the vaccinated would soon be the dominant numbers in hospitalizations, ICU's and deaths - but not necessarily with covid, with other things and they would be more susceptible to variants.  Which is exactly what we're seeing now.  Long-term, this does not bode well.  Weakened immune systems in a good chunk of the population is not good.

Which is why these same professionals were warning to only vax the vulnerable, because of the lack of long-term data.

Edited by Goddess

15 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Exactly.

This is why so many professionals predicted right from the beginning that the shots would, in some people, cause their immune system to go into over-drive and actually begin attacking itself (ADE) and that the vaccinated would soon be the dominant numbers in hospitalizations, ICU's and deaths - but not necessarily with covid, with other things and they would be more susceptible to variants.  Which is exactly what we're seeing now.  Long-term, this does not bode well.  Weakened immune systems in a good chunk of the population is not good.

Which is why these same professionals were warning to only vax the vulnerable, because of the lack of long-term data.

Actually it is the virus itself that can cause the immune system to go into overdrive. It's called a cytokine storm and causes tremendous inflammation in the lungs. This was happening long before there were vaccines.

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Actually it is the virus itself that can cause the immune system to go into overdrive. It's called a cytokine storm and causes tremendous inflammation in the lungs. This was happening long before there were vaccines.

It's also happening a lot because of the vaccines.

14 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You'll see.

As I said the post above, there is no solid mechanism for tracking adverse reactions.  This is wrong and bad.  It does not mean these events are not happening, just because that information is being kept from you.  You should be angry about it, but instead you don't want anything to burst your bubble of fantasy.

The people who are having these reactions are being ignored and silenced and shuffled under the rug.  You're not going to hear their stories on the evening news.  They don't want you to know how many there are.

Edited by Goddess

22 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You'll see.

As I said the post above, there is no solid mechanism for tracking adverse reactions.  This is wrong and bad.  It does not mean these events are not happening, just because that information is being kept from you.  You should be angry about it, but instead you don't want anything to burst your bubble of fantasy.

The people who are having these reactions are being ignored and silenced and shuffled under the rug.  You're not going to hear their stories on the evening news.  They don't want you to know how many there are.

Sure. I can't find it therefore it exists and we are just not being told about it.

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

I can't find it therefore it exists

The responsible thing to do, given the novel nature of these treatments and unprecedented breadth of their application would be to implement an effective reporting and tracking mechanism for any adverse reactions. Once again, why it was not done beats everything: reason, common sense, basic responsibility, minimal responsibility, professional standard you name it.

• Thanks 1

Are we moving toward a Kafkian 1984-style bureaucratic condition? I'd like to be exaggerating but.. as heard on the news today, hospitals are calling workers back with positive Covid and even symptomatic Covid.

Right. A deadly, highly transmissible plague (Heavens forbid) of our time, a scour run hide shut down everything as heard on all the media and... you are marching back to a busy office with symptoms of the infection "due to chronic shortage of stuff". Are these parts of the same reality, or different pseudo realities hastily stitched somewhere in the middle, under solemn muzak with heroic overtones, ta-da?

You want to cry, surely? For these heroic workers solemn sacrifice? Or that your tax dollars go to pay for this chronic state (complete with astronomical CEO entitlements) right out of your pocket, for decades, and you have no, zero, none at all thank you say in it? Sure there's a shortage of nurses and critical care doctors for decades and no matter how much public money is thrown but have we ever heard of any shortages in CEOs, managers and bureaucratic staff? And now, back to the daily drama.

16 hours ago, Aristides said:

Sure. I can't find it therefore it exists and we are just not being told about it.

Maybe check out the No More Silence and Real Not Rare websites.

You'll see thousands of people with adverse reactions and deaths and see that they are not being cared for or reported by the medical community.  Doctors are afraid/too busy to report and they have no idea what is going on, sending the majority of people home with a diagnosis of "anxiety."  Most of the people on there are too ill to work now.

13 hours ago, myata said:

The responsible thing to do, given the novel nature of these treatments and unprecedented breadth of their application would be to implement an effective reporting and tracking mechanism for any adverse reactions. Once again, why it was not done beats everything: reason, common sense, basic responsibility, minimal responsibility, professional standard you name it.

Yup.  But the drug companies sure made certain they would have zero liability for adverse events, so my thinking is that they do not much care about what happens after people are jabbed.  They make their billions, liability free, either way.

30 minutes ago, Goddess said:

They make their billions, liability free, either way.

OK for those billions they make, and millions of their private CEOs there's a real product that has some effectiveness, that is difficult to deny. But in the public domain here we have CEOs, ministers, managers who are paid hundreds of thousand, a large multiple of a median income in the country, supposedly to consider and implement checks and standards, including of adverse reactions to novel treatments, especially when administered on a mass scale with little previous experience. So what are we essentially, paying them for, papers, policies and dramatic appeals in place of effective working solutions? Can I opt out of having to attend a show I do not enjoy and have no interest in and paying for?

9 minutes ago, myata said:

especially when administered on a mass scale with little previous experience.

That is the main thing for me regarding mass forced vaccinations.

Comparing these jabs to seatbelts is ridiculous.  I can take off my seatbelt.  Once you're jabbed, you're jabbed.  There is no going back, there is no undoing, there is no re-do.  So if/when there is a death or severe adverse reaction or unanticipated (haha) long term adverse events, that's it.  You're done.

Which is why it should be every individual's choice.  And I'm not talking a choice like, "Get this jab or lose your job and spend the rest of your natural life in your house."  (Yes, Trudeau actually said that - everyone will get his jab or they will spend the rest of their natural lives indoors.)

5 minutes ago, myata said:

If he said that (and I wouldn't care to spend an extra minute in a week on his sayings), it is already authoritarianism, plain and real, not a possibility or risk. A mindless trip often has an unexpected destination, though little surprise, really.

Not everyone can see the big picture.  They can't see past the narrative that "if 70%...then 80%....then 90%....now 100% even newborn babies gets jabbed, then life will return to normal."  Which were a bald-faced lies after lies after lies told by our governments.  

No.  It won't.  In order for everyone, literally everyone, to be force-jabbed - certain civil liberties and human rights must be given up and one of those is you turning your body over to the government and now the government gets to decide your life decisions and medical decisions.

That will not be an easy right to get back.  We fought hard to get that right.  And too many people frivolously threw it out the window over a virus with a 99.5% survival rate.

• Like 1