America Under pResident Biden

4 hours ago, Boges said:

I think Mitch McConnell would make certain confirmations difficult. 

TBH I don't know if Garland is '9th circuit crazy' or just a run of the mill leftist with no regard for the constitution. I never heard any major accusations against him.

There's a really good chance that he would have been confirmed if the country wasn't so divided, it wasn't so late in 2016, and if it wasn't Scalia's spot up for grabs.

3 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Attempts at what? Being heard? If so then you're right. All the evidence has yet to be heard by any court. There has never been an evidentiary hearing.

Could that be because Trump lawyers never actually claimed outright fraud in court? It's always the potential for fraud. Even Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz didn't allege outright fraud in their seditious opposition in the Senate. 

Just now, Nefarious Banana said:

You toss the word 'seditious' around  like the rest of the left wingers toss 'racist' around.  Even your beloved CBC is on track . . . . . 

Cuz, what happened on January 6th was Sedition. 

I can see why you'd want to deny that, but that doesn't change the fact that everything about what happened at the Capitol that day was a textbook example of sedition. 

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

I can see why you'd want to deny that, but that doesn't change the fact that everything about what happened at the Capitol that day was a textbook example of sedition. 

You support book burning. Correct? 

What? You don't??

Well a small minority of your group DO support burning books.

So you support book burning...in the same sense that was sedition on the part of the Trump movement.

Edited by DogOnPorch

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Well a small minority of your supporters DO support burning books.

So you support book burning...in the same sense that was sedition on the part of the Trump movement.

My supporters? You mean people that oppose Trumpism? Cite a sympathetic word I've ever made about ANTIFA. 

I know you aren't capable from differentiating a violent uprising of individuals invited to DC by the current POTUS and riled up by the same man, and an instance of Left-wingers doing something appalling. 

It's all black and white for you. 

Edited by Boges

Just now, Boges said:

My supporters? You mean people that oppose Trumpism? Cite a sympathetic word I've ever made about ANTIFA. 

I know you aren't capable from differentiating a violent uprising of individuals invited to DC by the current POTUS and riled up by the same man, and an instance of Left-wing protestors doing something appalling. 

It's all black and white for you. 

You misquoted me...more book burning. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Boges said:

'Sedition/seditious behavior' opposition in the Senate . . . . .  get a grip!  What's next on your odd thought process?  Seditious thoughts?  You're true to form . . . congratulations!  Carry on.

Just now, Nefarious Banana said:

'Sedition/seditious behavior' opposition in the Senate . . . . .  get a grip!  What's next on your odd thought process?  Seditious thoughts?  You're true to form . . . congratulations!  Carry on.

conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

That's exactly what Sedition is. 

The more video that gets released the more appalling their actions appear. 

Again, if they did so on their own accord, that would be one thing, but they did so in service of #45. 

5 hours ago, Aristides said:

So why didn’t they present it in court, they had 60 opportunities

Because they didn't. There was no opportunity to present evidence in anything like an evidentiary hearing. If you're saying there was you're lying or choosing to remain ignorant. The cases were all denied or dismissed primarily on procedural grounds. Filed too early. Filed too late. Lack of standing etc.

• Like 2

Just now, Infidel Dog said:

Because they didn't. There was no opportunity to present evidence in anything like an evidentiary hearing. If you're saying there was you're lying or choosing to remain ignorant. The cases were all denied or dismissed primarily on procedural grounds. Filed too early. Filed too late. Lack of standing etc.

Correct. It's not like they actually looked at the evidence...at all.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Aristides said:

The burden of proof is on the accuser. Why hasn’t it been presented?

This isn't a court case. There is no burden of proof.

Surely you're not asking me to prove a negative. What you're claiming exists, doesn't.

Produce your evidence of a case where all the evidence was considered or admit no such case ever happened.

There were cases where it was suggested cases of voting irregularities would be presented if the case was allowed to go forward and the judge thought the odd one of those allegations couldn't be proved if the case went forward but ultimately all cases were denied or dismissed on procedural grounds. No witnesses were ever called forward to produce evidence.

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

Bull

9 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Feel free to show me a witness being cross examined in any of these 60 court cases you claim all the evidence was considered and prove it. 

You can't because such a case doesn't exist.

Trump has never lost an election he hasn't claimed was rigged. He even claimed primaries that he lost were rigged. He claimed the 2012 election was rigged in favour of Obama. The guy is the biggest effing liar ever to live in the Whitehouse and that takes quite some doing.

20 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

In other-words...no such cross examinations...or ANYTHING exists.

Maybe because none of the so called "evidence" was ever presented.  

Judges don't waste their time when there is clearly no case. Republican judges and the Trump packed SCOTUS said there was no case.

Edited by Aristides

So judges don't have to consider evidence, because they just know? Is that what you're saying? Sounds like it. Because if it is, I just have to scratch my head and wonder, 'Is this guy serious?"

The Supreme Court refused to take the case the 18 states asked them to consider on the grounds they didn't believe those states had the standing to present the case. It had nothing to do with evidence.

I'm pretty sure you know that so I have to believe you're getting desperate to divert from the fact no court ever considered the evidence.